dragon raid

G

geldor

theirs a dragon raid comin up this weekend i think just wanted to say that on last dragon raid i casted lots an lots an lots of spells at dragon an he didnt aoe so ner

aslong as i was within melee range he just hit me

i found that pb dosnt hit anyway maby if i had majestic will 3 or i was rr10 i mita hit but with +15 mana didnt hit 1nc with pb

but i used negatice malestorm an hit quiet hard :) so im thinking gtaoe also will hit him hard so if we get alod of voiders it would probly be better also i think we could heal aslong as healers r in melee range

i was thinkin we could do dragon with 3fg maby 2 if he could be tanked with chanter pet but anyway back to reality on the dragon raid maby we should get a 50 weapon 50 shield hero to tank with another 1 gardin each other and some healers healing them with mana meant and bard

and a few fg of voidys with mana meant to do dmg

and finaly how many people can gard the same taget ?

O

old.Xanthian

bye bye relics

:p

Shhh dont give Albs a chance to steal them

D

Dulak

Interesting a cry for voidies, thought we were unneeded/unwanted in hib. Love to go but on a ban.
and with 40+ lvl 50's offline I agree with Xanthain.

H

<Harle>

Would love to bring my voidy, but currently banned for picking up loot ;)

B

boni_ofdavoid

Worth a shot.

You can count on my mailstrom +GTAoE :)

My experiments on spells vs high level (80+) mobs leads me to believe that the main factors in if a spell is resisted are the level of the spell you cast and the number of attackers on the mob.

Level of spell seems quite obvious if you experiment with wandering mobs in galla, I can hit much easier with a lvl50 baseline light DD than anything, might be worth the manabombs trying DD at point blank range...

and.. I cant seem to hit mobs at all when I go on a very small (less than 1fg) raid.

D

Draggnarok

as long as u lot dont rr us.... promise!?....yeah right! :D bb relics, i doubt we wont suffer a raid, and im not doing dagda watch with 30 sbs about!!!

V

Vantros

Originally posted by geldor
i dont care about relics givf respec stons

u will when u are getting owned by albs and mids and whineing about them being "overpowered" cos they have the relics and we dont..

G

geldor

Originally posted by Vantros
u will when u are getting owned by albs and mids and whineing about them being "overpowered" cos they have the relics and we dont..

no i realy real realy wont :)

L

learen

In the next DR wont cast magic into the lair (only gtaoe void eld) and avoid weapons with procs.

If i see someone who casts pbaoe debuffs or dds into the lair , his group wont join in loot.

We have many alts loged at dagda to check it while we are doing DR.

For more info u can see the same rules posted for saadyst or me.

Riau Riau.

D

Drakhai

Mythic said that spells/procs etc. doesn't trigger the dragons ae-spell once in a grab-bag. I'll try to find a quote for you ;]

D

Drakhai

Ah, here it is:

Q: My question is about the dragon. I have seen some say that the dragon AOE is purely random, nothing in particular triggering them. I have seen too other said that it is random BUT is triggered by (choose some or all of the following things) casting, debuffing, healing, running a healing chant, using a proc weapons, buffing...

A: Fear not – none of the above listed items will cause the dragon (in any realm) to breathe.

Posted in http://www.camelotherald.com/more/925.shtml

G

geldor

tried it my self last dr and it defenatly dosnt but dosnt hit ether :)

D

Drakhai

Well, I just posted that to kill the myth that it DO trigger the ae-spell.

L

learen

Mythic says many things , we wont cast aoe , dds , debuffs etc.. atm ... i can say btw if we can do it but while i prefer dont do it

D

Drakhai

Originally posted by learen
Mythic says many things , we wont cast aoe , dds , debuffs etc.. atm ... i can say btw if we can do it but while i prefer dont do it

Translate please? :)

S

Simmern

He say that he know more about the game than Mythic and therefore no spells will be accepted in lair.

L

learen

We wont cast all kind of magic into the lair . Im not sure of that trigger the aoe-spell of Dragon coz i have seen sometimes strage coincidences and i prefer to reserve all spells (debuffs , dds , aoes , dots , heals , procs ....) If im completely sure that the dragon aoe-spells are purely random , ill say that we can cast all (except heals) into the lair .
You only must understand to me, the only thing that I am doing is to come up in order to avoid his aoe-spell.

After this DR I hope to be sure of what are the causes of his aoe spell or if is purely random .

L

learen

Originally posted by Sim^
He say that he know more about the game than Mythic and therefore no spells will be accepted in lair.

You say that , not me.

I want to kill the dragon, not to give particular classes of daoc, nor to say to barbarisms like which you are saying ,believe that you are confused with respect to which I mean.

O

old.Tzeentch

im pretty sure mythic doesnt have a clue.

im pretty sure that the AE is not ALWAYS due to a ranged attack, but often it is.

i'm pretty sure a level 50 wont have a chance in hell in landing a spell on the dragon anyway so it is pointless, and only adds jeopardy.

<edit: this is in response to drakhai>

C

ceix

caster/healer is out of dragons melee range, gets aggro, dragon thinks: "fk that bish in teh ear", ae nukes, end of story

all spells from melee range

L

learen

Yup , all spells in melee range , well , all rezzers and all people on melee range and the dragon will think mmmhh that rich food!! -> aoe-spell -> all die -> new cementery into the lair :).

J

josua

wasnt it also stated that the Dragons breath attack was triggerd by the amount of people in the area ie 100 people 100% chance of breath attack 50 people 50% chance of breath attack ....Think i read that on American VM Forums somewhere...

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by Dulak
Interesting a cry for voidies, thought we were unneeded/unwanted in hib. Love to go but on a ban.
and with 40+ lvl 50's offline I agree with Xanthain.

void, or GTAoE, pwns in PvE vs high lvled mob encounters such as Osgelean (sp?) and the dragon. the dmg they do aren't nerfed as bad as other dmg-types are vs highlvled Mobs afaik ;)

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by boni_ofdavoid

My experiments on spells vs high level (80+) mobs leads me to believe that the main factors in if a spell is resisted are the level of the spell you cast and the number of attackers on the mob.

prolly been said allready, but...

correct. firstly it looks spell lvl vs lvl on what you are casting spell. then there is an added to-hit bonus (both melee and spells) for each char that is counted as in battle with the mob.

as the script work this patch everyone in the group counts as in battle even if just one is bashing of and the rest is afk. next patch it will not work that easily but I can't find a proper way to explain how this early in the morning ;)

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by learen
Yup , all spells in melee range , well , all rezzers and all people on melee range and the dragon will think mmmhh that rich food!! -> aoe-spell -> all die -> new cementery into the lair :).

a tip is to everytime you stand face to face you strafe around/run trough him asap so that you won't be in the area of the aoe unless it's you who has the aggro. :)

about yesterday, we failed basicly bcuz we where to few mainly. I never got aoed ;)

Users who are viewing this thread