STEAM DOTA 2

Zenith

Part of the furniture
New as new can be, I just hit level 2 last night :p I appreciate that's the reason, it was the same in LoL pretty much until i hit 30 (and still from then too :p ) but it just makes the games feel a bit pointless.
Yeah, I figured it would happen at some point. If Valve would keep giving out free invites, low level ditches would be less risky. All I can say is that once you get up a few levels, it nearly never happens.

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Yeah. Been waiting for this final for about 2 months (since the last game was played). They are in the Mercedes Benz Cultural Center. It's a huge event, with the DOTA2 final being the biggest. It's going to be MASSIVE

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Game 1 really looking to go to iG, they managed to quite shut down the Misery and 1437 movement, LGD.INT's biggest strength/weakness.. Only on the Joindota channel there's 40k viewers, another 20-30 from other EU streams. No idea about China, I think it's live on TV down there

eksdee

FH is my second home
These RPs from Ferrari. @_@

Hoped for a more even contest, but iG are playing perfectly. It's something a lot of the pros have said about Chinese teams - the difference isn't so much that they're much more skilled players but that they don't make mistakes.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Game 3 and 4 have been so great. So tense and some amazing plays. Really hope LGD take it to game 5.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Anyone else playing DoTA2 competitively? The captain of our team (who also plays #4) is leaving soon to live in the Cayman Islands permanently, so we will be looking for another support player to join us. We're playing in an amateur tourney right now and came out of the group stages 4-2 to go into the higher of two brackets. I'd say we're about mid-mid+ skill level. This is our TMM team: http://dotabuff.com/teams/298795 - although we jumped straight into TMM being quite bad/new at playing together so I'd say our skill level has moved on quite quickly. Generally speaking we play 3-4 week nights + sunday from around 20CET-01CET.

eksdee

FH is my second home
New as new can be, I just hit level 2 last night :p I appreciate that's the reason, it was the same in LoL pretty much until i hit 30 (and still from then too :p ) but it just makes the games feel a bit pointless.

Definitely due to being in the pool of new players. Never ever happens after you've climbed up a bit. Where possible group up with more experienced friends and you'll not only see this happen less but get a much better time and can learn from them. I got dragged up pretty quickly by my buds, I was goddamn awful when I started. :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'd gladly drag my support hiney into your games, but i can't really be on a schedule right now.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, lost game etc but not too shabby for a support :p

2013-03-16_00001.jpg

That's my steam name so feel free to add.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Veno with the most CS in the game and a Drow with 12 deaths... pubs. :D

Zenith

Part of the furniture
It's all depends on if you get the most of it in the laning. Have been used quite a lot in aggressive tri's. If you get a good enough start, with enough xp and gold to get ya started, you're probably winning. Not many do though :)

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Interestingly enough, the few AAs Ive seen in the comp. scene recently have skilled the Chilled attack skill, rather than Frozen. The auto's can get real nasty real fast :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah what usually happens in pubs is that people go from laning phase to group phase way too fast. Doesn't really bother me as i've learned to keep a lane solo with support and when you get a good chunk of XP and gold with a support it usually turns into a monster. Like lina for example, overgear her and it's light out.

eksdee

FH is my second home
AA has been coming back into the meta in comp, either in a double mid with CK or in aggressive trilanes as Zenith says. We did it the other night with AA, Rubick and Naix. It was nasty (for them). Would love to see AA, Luna and VS. DEM AURAS.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Got knocked out of the tournament we were in tonight. Fucking cancer lancer.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
First game with warlock, best moment ever when i died and did a triplekill after with the demon :LOL:

Fun character for sure.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
First game with warlock, best moment ever when i died and did a triplekill after with the demon :LOL:

Fun character for sure.
I just played Sven with my team, I was level 25, all the enemy was level 16 and stuff, they all jumped me, I had Battle-fury...

basically 5 hits, and the whole of their team was on the floor

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Decided to try vengeful spirit, failed miserably on my first nonbot match. Decided it's enough for today.

WArlock was 5-0 wins though, which was nice.

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Warlock have been immensely underpicked, for a long time. For good reason, til the Fatal Bond buff. VP and the creative NA teams have used him to great results. NA (Dignitas and Liquid) usually use him as a solomid, getting a first Meck and Aghs. It works well with the current meta with an aggressive, pushy-kind of mid game. Noone breaths midgame teamfight like a Rock and Bond's combo.

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Yeah what usually happens in pubs is that people go from laning phase to group phase way too fast. Doesn't really bother me as i've learned to keep a lane solo with support and when you get a good chunk of XP and gold with a support it usually turns into a monster. Like lina for example, overgear her and it's light out.
Sure, a farmed Lina, Lion or AA can wreck havoc, and often does in pubs. But other heroes does so much more with the equal amount of farm, and aggresive heroes such as those listed can often wreck havoc in midgame with limited farm anyway. It's all down to effeciency :)

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Got knocked out of the tournament we were in tonight. Fucking cancer lancer.
Did they acquire the KOTL too? Tis is the era of the illu's, for sure. They banned SD? I find, even if it's risky, an ultra aggresive trilane with the goal to end the game pre-30 min works best.. Which of course is incredibly hard vs. a damn KOTL.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Yeah we were well ahead for the first 30 mins but we just couldn't push down the base. At some point our QoP was 25-1, but I got no farm on Naix due to us trying to push so much and eventually it meant the PL just killed us all. His illusions did all the damage while the rest of them split pushed everywhere else. That's the sad thing. They didn't have a KoTL but I think our drafting mistake was not picking a pushy enough lineup to combat the PL.

The thing that irritates me, especially as a carry player in comp, is that PL isn't even that OP as a hero - it's more his split pushing that's OP and it's simply not fun to play or play against.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom