STEAM DOTA 2

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Sure, a farmed Lina, Lion or AA can wreck havoc, and often does in pubs. But other heroes does so much more with the equal amount of farm, and aggresive heroes such as those listed can often wreck havoc in midgame with limited farm anyway. It's all down to effeciency :)

Yeah i know, but when people leave the lane and you're stuck as support 2v1 i've noticed it's best to farm up and go from support to semicarry as thm teammates don't care anymore :p

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Loving Storm Spirit atm.. :p

Stick Storm Spirit & Lifestealer together, and a Zeus for his ulti, and just watch people melt around the map :D

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Yeah we were well ahead for the first 30 mins but we just couldn't push down the base. At some point our QoP was 25-1, but I got no farm on Naix due to us trying to push so much and eventually it meant the PL just killed us all. His illusions did all the damage while the rest of them split pushed everywhere else. That's the sad thing. They didn't have a KoTL but I think our drafting mistake was not picking a pushy enough lineup to combat the PL.

The thing that irritates me, especially as a carry player in comp, is that PL isn't even that OP as a hero - it's more his split pushing that's OP and it's simply not fun to play or play against.
Yeah that's it. You're always on a bloody timelimit vs PL. Until he's unkillable he'll most likely be on the other side of the map farming. Wondering if we'll see a nerf on his illu's, or illu's in general.

You pretty much HAVE to end the game before that deciding moment somewhere round 40min when you're all food for PL. That sort of aggression and push is hard though. Requires some REALLY good supportmovement. That's why Misery is such a superstar :D

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Yeah i know, but when people leave the lane and you're stuck as support 2v1 i've noticed it's best to farm up and go from support to semicarry as thm teammates don't care anymore :p
Yeah, in pubs you do what you gotta do. Almost all hero's can carry under the right circumstance :)

Zenith

Part of the furniture
If you can, watch the GEST Challenge atm. LB Finals right now, MUFC vs LGD.int, followed by grand finals vs Orange. MUFC and Orange just bring something fresh. MUFC's got a new carry with the noble name of HONTRASH PLAYER and is doing quite good on his AM.

eksdee

FH is my second home
That MUFC player was fucking awful last night on Kunkka. Don't think he hit a single boat. :p

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Mufc vs LGD.INT 79min game... AM with 13k with full slots... :) Could a gone both ways!

eksdee

FH is my second home
That was a good series, expected LGD to win a bit easier tbfh. Thank god for second monitor at work, got the streams on while working. :D

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Check out the Mushi Mirana build! Ahhhh how I love a ganking Mirana!

eksdee

FH is my second home
One of the most entertaining teams to watch. Mushi is just incredible.

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Some interesting games today. Orange properly spanked LGD.Int. Seems they (LGD.Int) have lost some spunk since their defeat to iG in GLeague.

We've also seen QPAD's weakness in SeleCt.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Dazzle is my current fave. quite nice to jump in with heal and shallow grave to keep someone alive and turn a fight. won 3 in a row with me pitching in to turn the fight.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Been playing disruptor, once i got the hang of it i can do wonders with it.

Shame that last 3 games i've lost have been in the ballpark of; support disruptor has most kills and least deaths :cautious:

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Dazzle is my current fave. quite nice to jump in with heal and shallow grave to keep someone alive and turn a fight. won 3 in a row with me pitching in to turn the fight.
The old Snadow Priest is great fun. So versatile too. One of the most fun ive had recently is DESTROYING teams with SD and Dazzle combo. Sometimes duolane, most times tri. Disrupt, bodyblock and heal owns. :p

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Been playing disruptor, once i got the hang of it i can do wonders with it.

Shame that last 3 games i've lost have been in the ballpark of; support disruptor has most kills and least deaths :cautious:
Disrupt in the hands of the knowing is ridiculously strong. I find a quick skillup of Glimpse is the best. Noone will be safe.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Disrupt in the hands of the knowing is ridiculously strong. I find a quick skillup of Glimpse is the best. Noone will be safe.

Shame that pub players only look at kills. got lolled for having 1 kill and 25 assists :p

On another note; anti-mage is awesome.

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Haha the ol Anti-Fun. Especially in DOTA2 he had a spell of dominance, when the heropool was significantly smaller. The traditional (and without a doubt the most successful) strategy is early BF and blitzfarm lanes and jungles for 30-35 minutes. When the meta changed, and more importantly, the heropool got bigger, he lost his throne.

The meta is so much more aggresive and faster now. A good example is the game that was just played a few minutes ago in the Russian tournament, Rox.kis vs mouz. Mouz with Anti-mage with a somewhat turtlelineup combined with KOTL, Tide, Batrider and someone else. Rox.kis DESTROYED them with an all-in ganking line-up with mid Nyx, safefarm Naix, offlaning DS and the two forever-ganking Vengeful and Leshrac. GLORIOUS aggression early on.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
changed from Dazzle to Wisp now (been using auto pick to experiment with a few).

how much fun is wisp!!

caused absolute carnage teamed up with a guy playing huskar last night.

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Wisp is excellent :D Such a novel concept, the support of supports.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Haha the ol Anti-Fun. Especially in DOTA2 he had a spell of dominance, when the heropool was significantly smaller. The traditional (and without a doubt the most successful) strategy is early BF and blitzfarm lanes and jungles for 30-35 minutes. When the meta changed, and more importantly, the heropool got bigger, he lost his throne.

The meta is so much more aggresive and faster now. A good example is the game that was just played a few minutes ago in the Russian tournament, Rox.kis vs mouz. Mouz with Anti-mage with a somewhat turtlelineup combined with KOTL, Tide, Batrider and someone else. Rox.kis DESTROYED them with an all-in ganking line-up with mid Nyx, safefarm Naix, offlaning DS and the two forever-ganking Vengeful and Leshrac. GLORIOUS aggression early on.

Yeah it's still fun(if you're him), though if i want pure ownage i go for ursa. Vlad at 7 and then it's byebye :D

Nate

FH is my second home
I can't watch a live international tournament game since it fails to connect :(

psyc1one

Loyal Freddie
Lots of people have complained about lack of connectability. I try to follow the qualifiers for the International via twitch.tv

Cazedy

One of Freddy's beloved
Have never played any of the HoN/LoL/DotA games before except for the early mod in wc3 many years ago. But I'm pretty bored right now with most games and i need something to play before CU, GTA V and Dark Souls 2 gets released. Just noticed i had an invite for DotA2 on steam, is there any point in jumping in there and if so got any tips?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Have never played any of the HoN/LoL/DotA games before except for the early mod in wc3 many years ago. But I'm pretty bored right now with most games and i need something to play before CU, GTA V and Dark Souls 2 gets released. Just noticed i had an invite for DotA2 on steam, is there any point in jumping in there and if so got any tips?

GEt in there, answer "noob" into skill level, do tutorials, do a couple of bot matches and try to find the basics(co-op bot matches are for failing and testing.

As dar as gameplay goes; don't die, but don't be afraid to get in there, just don't die :p

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Its a great game, with a STEEP learning curve. It may induce quite a range of emotions, but it's worth it :)

Cazedy

One of Freddy's beloved
Cool, just finished dl'ing it. Gonna read up on some guides to get some basics and give it a shot. Any tip on what hero/role to start out with?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ranged support, or support at all, no need to focus on last hits that much. Just hit low health own creeps to deny them and help your lane partner by keeping them alive/setting up kills/general assist.

You can use health potions on your friends, as well as mana potions, so good to remember.

Oh and wards. Always the wards. Not really that critical in public games, but they never hurt.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
i find if you pick support you do get nagged about wards in pub games, that and buying and upgrading the courier.

played this a fair bit now and have definitely got a set of heroes I do better with, I'm quite liking the all random and captains pick modes at the moment, makes things a bit interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom