"DON'T ADD!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bure

Fledgling Freddie
yes you are right but im viking we are not know to be the brightest :) but we are good ships builder and figher :) ... but if your countrymen is attacked you help in real war too :)

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
Fluid said:
What if your realm mates don't want your "help"? that would in no way stop people like yourself just jumping in and taking as much rp's as you can anyway

how do i know if they need my help or not? i will help defend my realm you see i'm not bothered by realm reanks ect ect ect i have been playing 2 years and and think i have just got to rr4 (yeah if you not bothered how do u know cos i seen it on my screen thats how) its more important toplay the game how its intended. you defend your realm by what ever means possible i see a soloer i kill them with a grp; i see a grey i will kill the enemy (had it done to me i never complained cos i know i'm in rvr area)

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
Fluid said:
If we are talking about roleplaying, this game was set in the days when knights were chivalrous etc, where duels were respected tactics and training and equipment made a huge difference. Not just who had the biggest army.

wh0r0x

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Roleplaying is fun but it´s tiring, I mean that you all the time have to write like you´d be some real char etc. Ít´s fun for some time but then you get bored and just say" cba ffs let´s go pwn" :p

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Farek said:
stop zerging then...
add = zerg

adding is joining a battle in progress, zerging is a tactic in which you intentionally bring superior numbers to achieve victory by overwhelming your opponents

when i meet my enemy i fight them, no matter what their numbers are or no matter who is fighting them, i dont rely on superior numbers to beat them, no, i run with 1fg and if my enemies are already in combat... well... bad luck for them because what do you want me to do? just stand there and watch the fight??

these are my rules:
player limit to move with = 8
attack enemies if # greater then 0 = yes
prefered # of enemies = 8
ignore enemies if # not 8 = no

i spend my time to play not to spectate a fucking virtual battle, but if you want to do that then be my guest...

nol

Fledgling Freddie
'cos God knows it's very honourable and hard it is to layeth the smack down on epic wearing rr2's.

Then we all get to synchronise our victory cheers and laugh over ventrillo...

stighelmer

Fledgling Freddie
Gahlzor said:
lol, the 5fg+ zerging is easiely done mostly by albs.
I have been steamrolled by 5fg+ hibs and mids soooo many times lately (pre ToA ofc :) ) while out in a fg.

I am not saying people are not allowed to zerg - just saying all realms do it. To say Albs do it alot more than the other realms, atleast as of late, is pure BS.

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
stighelmer said:
I have been steamrolled by 5fg+ hibs and mids soooo many times lately (pre ToA ofc :) ) while out in a fg.

I am not saying people are not allowed to zerg - just saying all realms do it. To say Albs do it alot more than the other realms, atleast as of late, is pure BS.

quite alot of fact to say that alb generally zerg more aye :p

Riddler

Fledgling Freddie
ah ffs since when was this a roleplaying game?

and for the "woha yeah yeah add roxxorr and im gonnaeh adduh on teh all fightors i can mwhahaha"-ppl, you know that good rvr grps can make life a hell for you even if they cant kill you personally?

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Riddler said:

and for the "woha yeah yeah add roxxorr and im gonnaeh adduh on teh all fightors i can mwhahaha"-ppl, you know that good rvr grps can make life a hell for you even if they cant kill you personally?

Actually, a group that insists on its right to just do 1fg vs 1fg fights isn't a good REALM vs REALM group. They're a Counter-Strike team that's just a bit confused about what game they're playing.

Shan

Fledgling Freddie
Phixion said:
blaablaablaaitkuvinkublaablaa

So do i get this correct: You are several times asked NOT to add, yet you keep on adding. To be honest you only look like something who is bit too rp horny and can't get them unless you add to sure fight :p

The common courtery is to ask "need help?". Sure, there is nothing in CoC, but you do figure that most people enjoy balanced fg vs fg because it brings out skill? And you are taking that fun out from them.

nol

Fledgling Freddie
Riddler said:

I know good rvr groups that add, and tbh, I have yet to come across any group that hasn't added. This game has survived 2 years of adding and I don't see why suddenly it's a bad thing. Sometimes you're lucky enough to have a fight where it's just 1v1 , that's sweet, so what if the next 50 times people add.

I don't think I don't think I roxxor, and I do add :D

Shan

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:
Actually, a group that insists on its right to just do 1fg vs 1fg fights isn't a good REALM vs REALM group. They're a Counter-Strike team that's just a bit confused about what game they're playing.

And you do what, "defend your realm" by surely killing that group. How? So "no more innocent lives is lost because alive they could slaughter alot of our realmies!" (Good roleplaying!).. or that they won't take a keep? (Chance that they are going for keeptake being 5% or so).

zzzZzzZZZ
:m00:

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Shan said:
And you do what, "defend your realm" by surely killing that group.

No. I play the game as it is, without trying to pretend it's an 8vs8 game.

Realm. Versus. Realm.

Not 8 Vs 8.

How difficult is it to understand this simple concept?

Duze

Loyal Freddie
You cant please everybody all of the time so why even try? Somebody will always whine about how or why you did something.
I'm positive everybody in DAoC did something at one time at least to upset somebody else's game - zerged, added in a fight, ganked a grey, was part of a group that killed a soler, even spammed /rude or /laugh at somebody that gets offended easily by such things.
As long as I pay my subs every month, for the few hours a day I get to actually play, I'll play the game how I want to play it, not how somebody else tells me THEY think I should play it. And it works both ways, if somebody does something that frustrates me, or spoils my game then tough, thats how they wanted to play it and as I don't pay their subs I have no right to tell them how to play the game.
Yes, ofc, there are exceptions - adding in 1v1 fights is kinda gay but in bigger fights, how many of u honestly stand there and count up the number of albs/mids/hibs to make sure the numbers are even before you dive in? :p

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Gordonax said:
No. I play the game as it is, without trying to pretend it's an 8vs8 game.

Realm. Versus. Realm.

Not 8 Vs 8.

many people like to have fair fights with equal numbers, you know, challenge?

Realm versus Realm thinking is way out of date, I dont see anyone think so anymore :m00:

Ensceptificamuralya

One of Freddy's beloved
I'm in a guild full of people who like any fight they can get, be it 1fg - 1fg, 1fg-zerg or zerg-zerg, and we're the biggest guild in hib/excal. I'm glad to see the 'anything but 1fg-1fg is lame' groups are dying out. If your limited view on this game and your playing style get hindered too much, then maybe your view and playing style don't fit in this game. If that upsets you and gets you frustrated, then maybe you don't fit in this game.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Kalba said:
Realm versus Realm thinking is way out of date, I dont see anyone think so anymore :m00:

LOL you are so gonna enjoy frontiers... ;)

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Kalba said:

people might like challenge, but still think WR and FoM still think in RvR terms and thats just 2 big guilds I can name without thinking, they might not add on their realmmates as they dont want it. Anyway there are enough people who dont mind zerg vs zerg and keep fights, which are both maybe not really challenging, but nevertheless fun.
So RvR isnt out of date, thinking everyone just wants fg vs fg is pressing the opinion of the few on the many imo.

Nicky Nook

Fledgling Freddie
"So RvR isnt out of date, thinking everyone just wants fg vs fg is pressing the opinion of the few on the many imo."

True.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:

/agree.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
The whole 'dont add' thing annoys the hell out of me at times. If you want to play with 'not adding' then fine, and if im in a grp that doesnt want to add then I wouldnt. But shouting at grps that do add just causes grief, it sickens me to see a GG rr6+ shout 'dont add ffs you idiot' at some rr2 hero come to 'help' you ...

Yaemon

Fledgling Freddie
The funny thing is that the people who make these "dont add" comments often add themselves. When I die in rvr it usually takes 1 or 2 seconds until i get the "where" pm and almost everytime its a person in a so called 1337 gankgroup sending this message.

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Kill All, Spare None..

But it can be damn annoying/laughable when 2fg fellow hibs sprint into a fight of "ours" to kill those last two enemies :eek:

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Kalba said:

And for those who did not understand, this meant that very rarely people think they are defending the realm, eh? (which *was* the original idea)

What it comes to adding... There´s people that like to give enemies a chance, there´s those that want rps, and there´s a unnamable 3rd group ;)

Random groups adding are for rps, some ppl go berserk even if they see a chance of gaining rps. :touch:

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Kalba said:
Random groups adding are for rps, some ppl go berserk even if they see a chance of gaining rps. :touch:
And some go berserk if they see another same-realm group inside clip range when they are fighting, and go to even greater extremes should said group add on their fight. The culprits should really be warned -- excessive obscenities and other foul speech can well result in action being taken by GOA, so my advice is for those being abused to take a screenshot and RightNow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom