"DON'T ADD!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeggi

Fledgling Freddie
I've had a group of NP's adding after a long fight with hibbies and we would finally get them...very annoying, but happens.

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
Mrmuscle said:
ppl are just so full of s**t play the game as it was intended full out war on the enemy realms, the leetist mofos well find another game that gives u what u are after cause it aint daoc.

go back pwn'ing in CS or some crapp like that where u can controll your enviroment.

there is nothing wrong with adding or zerging for that matter.

word.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Herjulf said:
The funny thing is the ppl that yell dont add will shurely add some1 else moments later.

nolby, blizzard in mind :)

rivan

Fledgling Freddie
As I rule I always tried my best not to add on to a ballanced fight, however the times I've heared people yell 'Don't Add!' then see them add the next moment has left me somewhat dissillusioned.

The number of times I've been in FG vs FG fights only to be ganked by some solo/duoing Stealther, I cannot count, which also left me slightly dissillusioned by the hippocricy of it.

Last going off I had a slightly different philosophy. If it has a red name and stealths, kill it.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
tbh i agree with phixion. tho i sometimes tought it was kinda annoying when people did add while i were fighting 1vs1. But thats how the game is made and it is really a war you know between each realm and I'm sure if this were IRL another one would appreciated help from a friend instead of saying "fo noob don't add u lamer". This goes for the Roleplayers! I allways roleplayed while Soloing so i spared noone. If you want a 1vs1 fight go play CS or some other lame FPS games.

Marczje

Fledgling Freddie
So practically herberts pissed you off, then say so, to him .. and not on fh.. :eek:

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
Marczje said:
So practically herberts pissed you off, then say so, to him .. and not on fh.. :eek:

Nope, its not only herberts its alot of players/guilds in midgard, and it doesnt piss me off, i laugh at it... thats why im posting telling people to stfu get over it.

Tinyheals

One of Freddy's beloved
Phixion said:
Well once frontiers gets here itll be a regular thing... especially with the new map system etc, should make the game more fun too.

yes then you will have a chance to run to every fight that blicnks on the map and leech more rps

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
Tinyheals said:
yes then you will have a chance to run to every fight that blicnks on the map and leech more rps

Yeah then maybe people will play the game as intended by mythic instead of whining when people add on "their" fight.

Mrmuscle

Banned
Tinyheals said:

yey cant wait tbh think i roll a PBAOE sm so i can do some serious leeching especially from all the leetist mofo's.

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
boooooooring tbh :m00: adding sux. But its fun to add on FG fights :cheers: moral... :eek:

nol

Fledgling Freddie
stubbe said:
Adding out of spite is one thing, I can respect that, alot of my free time goes to annoying people I know. However, if you "add" or "leech" because you don't know any better, because you don't understand why in King Arthur's name your realmmates wants you to stay out of it, you should burn in hell :)

:D Um, I add because when I press f8 it targets them tbh...

I've seen people say "Dont' add" across /as I made a point to run to the AMG and add, which was spite I guess :D

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
people are allowed to add/zerg

people are allowed to ask them to not do it

people adding/zerging miss out on imo the most challenging thing in daoc, zerg vs 1 fg is fucking boring, but if you've never had rvr in a proper grp versus another proper group you wouldn't know

thats my opinion

Mrmuscle

Banned
there is a difference asking them not to add and yelling all the rude words there is..

ffs no 1 guild can claim a RvR zone simple as that.

and the more ppl whine about it the more some will add me included :)

and there is the fact that certain classes dont get grp's so they run out solo get ganked by the first grp of enemies they encounter hmm wonder where the challenge is in that.

so ofc they leech seeing a chance to getting a few scraps of rp's since they been zerged by full grps perhaps 10 times in a row.

there is allways two sides to a coin.

and u are no better mercuria iwe seen u run over soloers with your fg but i guess that is a challenge for u

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Mrmuscle said:
there is a difference asking them not to add and yelling all the rude words there is..

ffs no 1 guild can claim a RvR zone simple as that.

and the more ppl whine about it the more some will add me included :)

Report them then, if its an offence they will be punished accordingly, if it's no offence they're allowed to do it. Right? And sure it's common decency but hey, you shouldn't play daoc to find that.

You really think they're going to stop being rude to you by coming to cry here? ;)

Morthomme

Fledgling Freddie
Silly post...

Phixion, I never killed you without some serious bb buffs up on your side. Any point you try to make to make with a bb at your side :

/DISMISS

Dyss

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
people are allowed to add/zerg

people are allowed to ask them to not do it

people adding/zerging miss out on imo the most challenging thing in daoc, zerg vs 1 fg is fucking boring, but if you've never had rvr in a proper grp versus another proper group you wouldn't know

thats my opinion

don't need to say much more... you maybe think its fun to zerg try to make a good fg and fight other fgs. If you don't think thats more fun you are zad azzz :m00:

Ensceptificamuralya

One of Freddy's beloved
If anyone gives me grief in any form for my playing style, they can expect no courtesy at all. I find yelling 'don't add' or anything similar one of the most pathetic things in this game, and I'll gladly add to disrupt their little world they try to create in this game.

I don't add because of rps, but because I like bashing enemies. I'm not one to start a zerg when there's good 1fg - 1fg action in a frontier, but I certainly don't mind adding or zerging.

And I have yet to meet a stealther without a buffbot, and yet to encounter one (apart from Zoia, 1 year ago) that doesn't bring friends to a duel, so for all I care it's open season every season on stealthers.

agon

Fledgling Freddie
Mrmuscle said:
yey cant wait tbh think i roll a PBAOE sm so i can do some serious leeching especially from all the leetist mofo's.

gl.

Runolas

Fledgling Freddie
I usually respect 1 vs 1 encounters, because I know how hard it is to get good RP's when soloing with a SB. However when running grp RvR I play how I see fit and that migth sometimes include what some ppl view as "adding". It's safe to say that any complaints about adding when I'm running grps will be ignored :kissit: . If I see a figth from good distance and mids have controll I will usually avoid, but often a fight comes on top of a hill, or rigth after a mg and there is little time to view the situtation. In such cases ppl will press F8 (or target), they will add, and you will have to deal with it. Besides that I think big figths last longer and are more fun :). Besides nothing gives me more plessure than to steamroll (not DH) some elite guild that wajn over irc - hi AD :m00:

my 2p worth:

if i see someone getting mashed then i help out with a few heals and a few slaps of my stick....but if theyre doing fine ill generally hang around and watch and make sure there's no-one commin in to steam roll.. and to be honest id appreciate the same from my realm mates..but that doesnt mean i EXPECt them to leave me alone, as most people know Friars can hold their own against pretty much any class..and i think that helps..most people have waved at me as they pass...but some add and join in..if they do i dont particularly care, RP's arent that important, i only want to get to RR5 so i can mash mobs harder with my 16.5dps staff anyway and make use of some of the other things like RA's....
anyways, this IS a MMORPG expect the unexpected im afraid, theres always a 10yr old kid running about like a prat..and more often than not you will meet him eventually, to those that pm saying "FO, dont add, did i call 1-800-ADDZ?" i simply reply...i fear i do not understand thee kind sire..Wouldst thou repeat thyself? RolePlay >>> L33t players! :twak:

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Mrmuscle said:
ppl are just so full of s**t play the game as it was intended full out war on the enemy realms, the leetist mofos well find another game that gives u what u are after cause it aint daoc.

go back pwn'ing in CS or some crapp like that where u can controll your enviroment.

there is nothing wrong with adding or zerging for that matter.

The thing is, who are anyone to tell how its intended to be played?

Mythic? no, they can only decide what ways the game will go towards

Leet IRL ***** who wank at their rps? no, but they get to have their own opinions but can never tell anyone else how to play.

Casual Gamers wich makes the big mass of the server? They can't tell.. but if many of these group change same way its simply gonna be the biggest trend of the server and therefor be looked upon as a standard i.e. Zerging, Adding.

Guilds who do Guildgroups for RVR? The bigger amount of these groups there is, their words and opinions will be looked upon as standards and general trends of the server, At this moment (or rather pre-toa ;)) there is loads and loads of these guilds/groups and thereby their general opinions will have huge impact.

But these are only a few groups who have similar opinions within them, tho their opinions will never tell how the game is intended to be played nor. is the backside of the DAoC-Cover. My point is (FINALLY!) That we (the players of the game) makes the game.

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
PS. dont get me wrong.. i came up with the "Did i call 1-800-NEEDBACKUP?" but it was sarcastic and not used as much as my other one "THX FOR CALLING 1-800-NEEDBACKUP, FOR ALL YOUR BACKUP NEEDS!" used, ofcourse when i help out people. everything is up to each person..

Mrmuscle

Banned
Vodkafairy said:
Report them then, if its an offence they will be punished accordingly, if it's no offence they're allowed to do it. Right? And sure it's common decency but hey, you shouldn't play daoc to find that.

You really think they're going to stop being rude to you by coming to cry here? ;)

lol first im not crying im loving this, they can be as rude as they wanna my point is it will not help only make it worse.
perhaps its time to get off those high horses and take it for what it is a game.

Mrmuscle

Banned
Morthomme said:
Silly post...

Phixion, I never killed you without some serious bb buffs up on your side. Any point you try to make to make with a bb at your side :

/DISMISS

lol he the only 1 using a bb??

/DISMISS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom