"DON'T ADD!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runolas

Fledgling Freddie
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
ahh yes you are ofcourse referring to the time when a spy TOLD you we were coming, why else did you have 3fg's inside waiting for us even before we reached Nott? and 5fg? actually it was more like 3, seeing as i was there and spent god knows how long making sure people were actually in grps... so please dont give me that.. do please remember that your guild/alliance houese the WORST scum player in the world who arranged ALARM clock raids on Relics that were undefendable..so please we expect no honour from your sort.

First it was Sunday = FoM 2FG RvR night and we got just killed by 3FG's on the way to atk. After releasing we got told by a Hunter in our Guild that 8-9fg albs had passed mmg, so I took my 2FG's there. We had just reached Nott when we saw you down hill and guards showed 39 attacking (AD ++ roamed odins).

..Ghostfeet WR is afaik one of the oldest guilds in Midgard .

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
yaruar said:
Yeah but us people who work for a living and have decent social lives don't have the time to level fotm characters whenever the optimum group structure changes, and don't have the time to play multiple characters to RR5+ and farm for days on end for the best cash and equipment. It's the leechers IRL who tend to be the don't adds in game ;) Although I prefer to run with guild groups which will be anything from 3 or 4 people to 2fg's. Although usually one of the full groups will include 4 thanes and a shammy doing the healing and cc ;)
For some reason it's usually the extremely lazy people who are the stupid zerglings, because the people who don't have that much time to play, use their time very good.

I usually see the people with an awful lot of time to play daoc do nothing but level chars, or just PL friends. It doesn't take much time to get a bit of cash for a SC set, you usually get that while leveling. Getting to RR5+ isn't hard either, it's just that the people who pay a lot of attention and put some time into their char, get in the RvR guilds and RvR groups. You don't need a shitload of time for it, just a bit of dedication.

It's usually those slackers I hate to have in groups, the people that take like 10 seconds to unstick when you meet an enemy, etc. Basically it's people like that who lose all the time, they just don't pay attention and just waste their time on daoc for some reason.

Ever wondered why the zerg dies pretty quick even if they outnumber the enemy? Exactly. Slacking, crappy armor (mostly epic, sometimes not even epic but just stuff like af70 armor), crappy weapons, they don't pay full attention to the game, they're not really interested in what's happening, they got nothing to do anyway and got too much time.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
nol said:
Real life probably has a lot to do with it, some people can't afford to spend 24/7 in game farming mobs for top spell crafted items and super templates. They can't guarantee they will be online for 6 hour a day synchronised dye groups. So for their 2 hours they manage to get on and play this game(take note) for some fun, they don't want to become non stop rp's for the boy bands.

All I see is people bitching because it's more difficult for them to farm when the lowbies stick together and I am sorry, but I don't feel sad.

Perfectly put :drink:

Carrera

Fledgling Freddie
Xeanor said:
For some reason it's usually the extremely lazy people who are the stupid zerglings, because the people who don't have that much time to play, use their time very good.

I usually see the people with an awful lot of time to play daoc do nothing but level chars, or just PL friends. It doesn't take much time to get a bit of cash for a SC set, you usually get that while leveling. Getting to RR5+ isn't hard either, it's just that the people who pay a lot of attention and put some time into their char, get in the RvR guilds and RvR groups. You don't need a shitload of time for it, just a bit of dedication.

It's usually those slackers I hate to have in groups, the people that take like 10 seconds to unstick when you meet an enemy, etc. Basically it's people like that who lose all the time, they just don't pay attention and just waste their time on daoc for some reason.

Ever wondered why the zerg dies pretty quick even if they outnumber the enemy? Exactly. Slacking, crappy armor (mostly epic, sometimes not even epic but just stuff like af70 armor), crappy weapons, they don't pay full attention to the game, they're not really interested in what's happening, they got nothing to do anyway and got too much time.

Wow you actually believe that? What a load of shit.

Bure

Fledgling Freddie
Why do not the Guild/people who dont want Realm v Realm go play on the PvP server ? ..... and what is wrong with Rollplay ? this is a mmorpg you know and dose people know what rpg stand for ? so take it or leave if you dont like it. you most have know what kind of game you bougth or ? so why all this whinne about people add .... if you want 1fg v 1fg or 1v1 doit but dont whinne if people add etc for RvR is Realm v Realm.... just hope ToA make most of the so called leet people leave :flame:

Mrmuscle

Banned
And if he does its his choice doesnt make him less of a player then the leetist mofos that truly destroy the feeling and joy of a game like this.

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
Runolas said:
Hmm...how is that? As far as I can remember there is only one guild grp out there that we struggle against and that is DH.

Allow me to say LOOOOOOOOOOL

Gahlzor

Fledgling Freddie
Mrmuscle said:
And if he does its his choice doesnt make him less of a player then the leetist mofos that truly destroy the feeling and joy of a game like this.

maybe i am an elitistic twat, what do i know? i do know tho that when RvRing ppl who are adding in even fights that i take part in "truly destroy the feeling and joy of a game" for me. same goes for the ppl who zergs. sometimes i can understand why ppl zerg. meeting NP JH or DH with 1FG isn't always fun. but what's up with camping amg with 5fg+ albs all night long? i just don't see how that could be enjoyable.

Sure, some ppl bigger fights more enjoyable then smaller fights. and ppl who don't like small fights doesn't have to enjoy soloing either.

can't see why some ppl have to start zerg. and by zerg i mean run with amount of numbers that will ensure that you will steamroll everyone else. now, how fun is that tbh? I don't find it funny to kill a soloer with a FG tbh.

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
1st of all (and you may quote me on this) I am not leet, nor l33t. I have played this game for almost 2 years and my highest char is a rr6. I can understand that ppl may bring more than 1 fg to rvr when they are low rr, hell I did so myself with my old warrior, played in random grps in Odins Gate. The difference is, our random grps rarely grped up more than 2-3 fg at at time. I still can't believe where the fun lies in steamrolling 1-2 fg with 5-6 fg or more (and yes, this is mostly done by albs, you all know it :) ) Do you feel like you have made an accomplishment? And how much rp's do you get pr kill? 5 ? 10 ? I guess I will never understand the fun in this.. And why are albs on other servers able to make nice grps that don't have to zerg to take out a fg? I really want to know this, it's not a retorical question :)

As for adding, it's not as much "we are l33t and live off rps, so don't steal them" it's more like "hey, you haven't risked your ass fighting and stressing, why should you get a reward for running into a fight with winning mids and pbae-leech rps?"

SBs and hunters often give realm info about enemy movement, and often helps seers who are under attack. These I don't mind, it's the pure leechers I dislike.. did you do this in pve too, btw? you saw a fg of mids fighting Cave Trows in Spindel, you rushed in and pbae'd w/o them asking for help? ^^

But ofc your reply will be, this is a zerg game, so feck off you l33t rps whore, etc :p

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
Yawn, the old Fps player versus MMORPG player argument again. Sigh.

Neither point of view can claim eternal validity on this server since the social community isnt stong enough to make one side more "true" than the other.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Whats the fun in zerging anyway? having 8 - 16 people to choose from and find out which to attack, if your lucky you might get one hit in on one target before the other 79 guys from your own realm is down their throat?

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
I never add on purpose, i never get /send "HELP US AT AMG!!!" but if i see enemies i will kill them...

to be very clear: i dont FUCKING pay this game to see people fighting and if i see enemies i will attack them on sight whether my realm or the other likes it or not, walking in that goldcourse is boring enough already.... (unless its a arranged duel or a greycon i dont mind about that)

if you wanna play with 'honor' and 'sportsmanship' then go play TFC with autobalance teams, or ET with exp shuffle teams or smt, this game has no 'honor' part anyway with the buffbots, imbalances, lagxploits and Realmrank differences so dont even pretend to be 'fair', cuz its never fair even with or without adds, but if you wanna live with that illusion thats fine with me just know that i dont give a shit about other peoples twisted view of 'fair' in this game...

and no im no zerger, i dont like zergs cuz it causes terrible freezeups and the game is even less balanced for them then for fg vs fg...

evial bloodstone

Fledgling Freddie
Kinag said:
Whats the fun in zerging anyway? having 8 - 16 people to choose from and find out which to attack, if your lucky you might get one hit in on one target before the other 79 guys from your own realm is down their throat?

i can see that if you only whant rp. To me its a war so adding/zerging is a faster way to send the enemy home. And for all who get a dont add msg just ignor it, it dont mather eny way. When we get rvr patch im sure zerging/adding gone happen alot more. Mabye we should make only 1 big guils. The hibernian zerge confederacy.

Gahlzor

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
I never add on purpose, i never get /send "HELP US AT AMG!!!" but if i see enemies i will kill them...

to be very clear: i dont FUCKING pay this game to see people fighting and if i see enemies i will attack them on sight whether my realm or the other likes it or not, walking in that goldcourse is boring enough already....
if you wanna play with 'honor' and 'sportsmanship' then go play TFC with autobalance teams, or ET with exp shuffle teams or smt, this game has no 'honor' part anyway with the buffbots, imbalances, lagxploits and Realmrank differences so dont even pretend to be 'fair', cuz its never fair even with or without adds, but if you wanna live with that illusion thats fine with me just know that i dont give a shit about other peoples twisted view of 'fair' in this game...

and no im no zerger, i dont like zergs cuz it causes terrible freezeups and the game is even less balanced for them then for fg vs fg...

for me it's not honour that is the main point but to have fun. and i lack to see how it is fun to steamroll.

Gahlzor

Fledgling Freddie
evial bloodstone said:
i can see that if you only whant rp. To me its a war so adding/zerging is a faster way to send the enemy home. And for all who get a dont add msg just ignor it, it dont mather eny way. When we get rvr patch im sure zerging/adding gone happen alot more. Mabye we should make only 1 big guils. The hibernian zerge confederacy.

i truely hope that Mythic wont destroy what quite a few hardcore players enjoy, fg vs fg battles. it's really those who they are listening to cuz melee has been nerfed cuz it's (was? ;) ) strong in small fight but magic is the way to go in big fights.

anyway, i think and hope that what will show up on the ingame map is fights that are bigger then fg vs fg fight. if i am wrong i think daoc will be dark age of addalot like we have never seen it before. and then you will see that they shouldn't have nerfed melee and/or up magic if it was this mythic wanted.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Gahlzor said:
for me it's not honour that is the main point but to have fun. and i lack to see how it is fun to steamroll.

i know, but what fun is it to not attack enemies because "they are already fighting!!!!"?

like i said i dont zerg (with that i mean walk with a big force to kill) but if i see enemies i will attack them whether they are in combat or not...

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Morchaoron said:
i know, but what fun is it to not attack enemies because "they are already fighting!!!!"?

like i said i dont zerg (with that i mean walk with a big force to kill) but if i see enemies i will attack them whether they are in combat or not...

someone attacked ur mouth m8 oO

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Discussion has been brought up many times. Had lots of talks about it in various RvR-groups and I keep asking myselves the next question:

* Would the enemy have added?

I dont recall any of the major guilds standing/sitting next to me when we where fighting their realmmates. I remember 3 times my group choose not to add on a fg vs fg. fight. 3 times in ~3 million RP means once in a life-time.

Get over it: People add whenever they can. Its a different thing if you run 2fg's on stick but adding.... everyone does it, and everyone hates it when they on the receiving end.

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
Xeanor said:
You can compare this thing with real life.

There's 2 groups:

People who learn and work hard every day. <--> Players who make 1fg and equip themselves well and put a lot of time in their char.

People who just lay on their bed and leech money from the hardworking people. <--> A player, part of the zerg, just trying to do damage to anything so he gets some rps too.

People who add are like those sad people IRL who are in a group, beat up another guy with 6:1 but one of them only dares to kick the victim when it's already laying on the ground.

Get my point? ;) Zerglings need to get off their ass and do something, instead of being the "brick in the wall".

lol if u belive doac is like real life you are one very sad person

you see in doac there is the perfect grp set up if you are not one of these then the chances of getting in a "good grp" is nigh on impossible, so you have to get guild grp together which can just be a load of mates enjoying the game who are not FoTM (we have 3 main druids in our guild 2 are battle druids) so you are told when you start the game to vanquish the enemy fromyour frontier...so i see a grp of albs/mids engaged with our fellow hibernians i will rush to protect my realm mates they may wish to thank me afterwards but u never know that whack on the head by that fat troll could have made redered them a bit tpotty that they thought they might have beaten them who knows but i will always defend my realm and realm mates to the death

and for beating people up in rl get real

Farek

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
stop zerging then...
add = zerg

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Behmoth said:
so i see a grp of albs/mids engaged with our fellow hibernians i will rush to protect my realm mates they may wish to thank me afterwards but u never know that whack on the head by that fat troll could have made redered them a bit tpotty that they thought they might have beaten them who knows but i will always defend my realm and realm mates to the death

What if your realm mates don't want your "help"? that would in no way stop people like yourself just jumping in and taking as much rp's as you can anyway

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Morchaoron said:

that is still zerging the enemy, i.e you kill them with greater numbers giving them little or no chance of victory

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Bure said:
Why do not the Guild/people who dont want Realm v Realm go play on the PvP server ? ..... and what is wrong with Rollplay ? this is a mmorpg you know and dose people know what rpg stand for ? so take it or leave if you dont like it. you most have know what kind of game you bougth or ? so why all this whinne about people add .... if you want 1fg v 1fg or 1v1 doit but dont whinne if people add etc for RvR is Realm v Realm.... just hope ToA make most of the so called leet people leave :flame:

If we are talking about roleplaying, this game was set in the days when knights were chivalrous etc, where duels were respected tactics and training and equipment made a huge difference. Not just who had the biggest army.

Ghostfeet

Fledgling Freddie
Fluid said:
If we are talking about roleplaying, this game was set in the days when knights were chivalrous etc, where duels were respected tactics and training and equipment made a huge difference. Not just who had the biggest army.

:clap: in the words of the 1337 "wtfpwned" !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom