"DON'T ADD!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
Boni said:
The whole 'dont add' thing annoys the hell out of me at times. If you want to play with 'not adding' then fine, and if im in a grp that doesnt want to add then I wouldnt. But shouting at grps that do add just causes grief, it sickens me to see a GG rr6+ shout 'dont add ffs you idiot' at some rr2 hero come to 'help' you ...

one of the best discripssions i heard its HELP. be thankfull you wouldn't mind seeing fg of hibs adding if you was going down faster than bill clintons secretary

or should we not even rezz you as this would meanus noobs getting rp's or do u just want l33t rezzers also?

gwal

Fledgling Freddie
Phixion said:
Anyone else getting tired of the whole "don't add!!!" stuff? I think it's time people realised this is RvR not 1fg vs 1fg. Plus with the new map/radar expansion in Frontiers it's going to get even worse for those who don't like people adding on 'their' fights.

Over the last 3 days I have had msgs from alot of people/guilds, but 1 person in particular, Herberts, these msgs have consisted of

"don't add"
"fo"
"go play alb"

and my favorite, after me dying "herbets: where?"

not to mention the text in /say along the lines of

"don't add"
"did we call 1-800-ADDPLZ?"

Some of them rather funny, i agree. Just get over the fact this is an MMORPG and not your own little game where you rule the roost and you can tell people how to play, I think I'm correct when I say everyone pays the subscription each month and can play how they like, as long as they aren't breaking to CoC... And as far as i know adding on fights as some people put it, isn't anywhere in the CoC.

The way this game is atm you'd think some people own the server, especially the way they think they can tell people how to play the game... Time to wake up and smell the coffee though, its RvR not 1fg vs 1fg.

some of us actually enjoy fg vs fg... in there can lie challenges and so fun fights, which u cant get when zerging the crap out of anything. how about U wake up and realise that some ppl play the game to have fun and challenges, not to run around like headless chickens and scrape in every single rp they can, saying "yay that was uber play, we rly played well with our 3fg vs that fg of overpowered fotm savages"

as for not telling other how to play the game.. agree, unless u own the game u cant control what ppl can and cant.. but no1 is forcing u to listen, u could just say FO back to em u know, but I guess ur not rly the type of guy who wants to do such stuff... except for one little thing ofc - ur little FH whine where u do what u say others cant, u tell ppl how to play the game

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
its fairly obvious mythic like large battles thhats why they have added battle grps in toa

so my guild only runs in a grp of 5 and we only like to fight others grp of 5 its our grp this is the way we wanna play don't add on us ever ect ect so are

you telling me a fg would not attack us? yes they would but we only wanna fight grp of 5 TOUGH

the game is about beating the enemy if some one says don't add not being funny but FO the albs/mids are not just yours to fight they are the realms

Mrmuscle

Banned
Comming from a BF thats abit funny never seen u slow down once before u gank a soloer and where lies the challenge in that i just wonder ?

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Mrmuscle said:
Comming from a BF thats abit funny never seen u slow down once before u gank a soloer and where lies the challenge in that i just wonder ?

like anyone do that ? I get killed sooooo offen with my mincer aswell by fgs.... or by fgs when fighting 1/2 SBs etc...

nol

Fledgling Freddie
Behmoth said:
its fairly obvious mythic like large battles thhats why they have added battle grps in toa

so my guild only runs in a grp of 5 and we only like to fight others grp of 5 its our grp this is the way we wanna play don't add on us ever ect ect so are

you telling me a fg would not attack us? yes they would but we only wanna fight grp of 5 TOUGH

the game is about beating the enemy if some one says don't add not being funny but FO the albs/mids are not just yours to fight they are the realms

battle groups are for pve, they share xp and task completion among all bc users, there is no difference in rvr between bc and cg except text colour.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
/macro 1 /y Don't yell "don't add!"

spam that approaching fotm groups :)

Kaod

Fledgling Freddie
Klonk said:
... it's the pure leechers I dislike.. did you do this in pve too, btw? you saw a fg of mids fighting Cave Trows in Spindel, you rushed in and pbae'd w/o them asking for help? ^^

Of course that's exactly the same, and why you see a lot of: "Hey you moron, that Pally was pulled!"

And hey, dislike leechers all you want - the game and CoC appears to operate the way they want it to, so they won't lose too much sleep over it I would guess.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Runolas said:
Hmm...how is that? As far as I can remember there is only one guild grp out there that we struggle against and that is DH.
laughing-smiley-018.gif

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Mrmuscle said:
Totally different situation really. If you can't see that, then think about it a bit more.

It's not about RPs for the ppl who don't like adds - in fact it's more about the RPs for the adders imo. The ppl in a fg vs. fg fight really just enjoy that fight. The adders are just rp horny - because there is no challange with 2x the numbers.
Swearing at ppl in a game cause they added is just ridiculous, if some one does that they need to take a step back from their computer. I have felt annoyed for that before, but I dont' think swearing does anything but make ppl mad and want to piss you off next time.
And Nol's little post sounds nice about ppl who play for fun, but it's not really acurate. There is alot of people who only play a few hours, 3 or 4 days a week that enjoy fg vs fg fights. They spent some time and effort for their sc'ing and their specs. There is alot of people who play 6 hours a day/7 days a week who don't bother to make decent groups or spend some time to get sc and then run around in 1.5 or 2fg adding on whatever they can. Yes, they have a right to play how they want, but it's not exactly true to paint them as little innocents who just want some fun and the rvr focused people as evil ogres.
Personally, I get annoyed when an albion "rvr" group ads into a fight. I won't swear at them but maybe be a bit sarcastic. Why? Cause they have the same goal we do, to have some decent fights. If some random Alb zerg ads, then tbh there is no point at all in getting worked up, just shrug it off as that is how it is. They pay to play and cursing at them is only going to raise your blood pressure, not change how things are.

stighelmer

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
Totally different situation really. If you can't see that, then think about it a bit more.

It's not about RPs for the ppl who don't like adds - in fact it's more about the RPs for the adders imo. The ppl in a fg vs. fg fight really just enjoy that fight. The adders are just rp horny - because there is no challange with 2x the numbers.
Swearing at ppl in a game cause they added is just ridiculous, if some one does that they need to take a step back from their computer. I have felt annoyed for that before, but I dont' think swearing does anything but make ppl mad and want to piss you off next time.
And Nol's little post sounds nice about ppl who play for fun, but it's not really acurate. There is alot of people who only play a few hours, 3 or 4 days a week that enjoy fg vs fg fights. They spent some time and effort for their sc'ing and their specs. There is alot of people who play 6 hours a day/7 days a week who don't bother to make decent groups or spend some time to get sc and then run around in 1.5 or 2fg adding on whatever they can. Yes, they have a right to play how they want, but it's not exactly true to paint them as little innocents who just want some fun and the rvr focused people as evil ogres.
Personally, I get annoyed when an albion "rvr" group ads into a fight. I won't swear at them but maybe be a bit sarcastic. Why? Cause they have the same goal we do, to have some decent fights. If some random Alb zerg ads, then tbh there is no point at all in getting worked up, just shrug it off as that is how it is. They pay to play and cursing at them is only going to raise your blood pressure, not change how things are.
Sodd Nol. Asha, will you marry me ? :D

I do agree with you on all points with one slight addition. During Prime Time in Emain in a fg vs fg I would not expect to be left alone by anyone. Especially not along the common "highways". But that's just me :)

nol

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:

I think my post is pretty accurate, I wasn't saying it's always like that, I was generalising. I don't think there is anyone on the server who doesn't like a good fg vs fg fight, they key word is "good". What's good about rr2/3's randoms getting cleaned up constantly by rr7-10's gg's though, it's free kills and as good as a zerg tbh. So lets really make this a fair game culture, lets make a set of rules, no zerging, no adding, no beating up on lowbies. That's never going to happen, mostly because the its not in the interest of the power gamer to do that regardless of how unfair it is.

If you don't wants adds, then be more cautious about where you fight, you can't expect to get no adds when you fighting along frequent routes. Why do you guys run the common routes, because you want rp's, if it was about the fights and quality of fights, you would take it elsewhere. instead you frequent the place that you are guaranteed a rp income, and then moan when someone shits on your parade.

Sorry, I don't believe you doing it for good fights, if you were, you would be arranging decent fights with decent groups in irc in other zones, not picking random low rr's en route to emain etc.

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
nol said:
I think my post is pretty accurate, I wasn't saying it's always like that, I was generalising. I don't think there is anyone on the server who doesn't like a good fg vs fg fight, they key word is "good". What's good about rr2/3's randoms getting cleaned up constantly by rr7-10's gg's though, it's free kills and as good as a zerg tbh. So lets really make this a fair game culture, lets make a set of rules, no zerging, no adding, no beating up on lowbies. That's never going to happen, mostly because the its not in the interest of the power gamer to do that regardless of how unfair it is.

If you don't wants adds, then be more cautious about where you fight, you can't expect to get no adds when you fighting along frequent routes. Why do you guys run the common routes, because you want rp's, if it was about the fights and quality of fights, you would take it elsewhere. instead you frequent the place that you are guaranteed a rp income, and then moan when someone shits on your parade.

Sorry, I don't believe you doing it for good fights, if you were, you would be arranging decent fights with decent groups in irc in other zones, not picking random low rr's en route to emain etc.

Not the kinda stuff i expected to see from you nol Oo seem a bitter :touch:

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
Cant remember to read a post from Nol i didnt agree with (except maybee in the early daoc days).... i wonder why he keeps trying to bring reason and general common sence in the world of FH..

but wanna give you a pad on the back for the effort...

Filip

Theurg of HB

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
nol said:
rr2/3? I am talking about when we're fighting NP/Blizzard/DH/etc and we get very high rr Albs adding to it - it happens every damn time almost - no matter where we fighting. I don't consider myself a power gamer, so whatever. BF don't run "common" routes looking for lowbie rps. The only time I would say we care about RPs was recently when some ppl were looking to ding rr10 - otherwise yes, we are looking for FUN. And I wasn't bitching if we are happen to be fighting rr2/3s and some rr2/3 Hibs or Mids add. Yes, I get annoyed if we are fighting 2fg hibs and some high rr hibs run up to join in the fight, not because I got denied some rps nol. Like I said, I don't swear at the alb zerg adding, it's like swearing at the wind for blowing :d

nol said:
I personally don't see it as moaning, read my post. Damn nol, you've gotten bitter. We run our own routes cause we want fights. If we get too many hibs/mids, it's our fault. If we get rr7 8 9 Alb ggs adding on us, then it's annoying. Call it moaning if you have to.

nol said:
Several people have tried to arrange this. It never works because it's too hard to control and people get bored with too few fights. And just so you know, we often have low rr ppl in groups too.

Just one more thing. In Albion/Excali there is (a) certain group(s) that FIND your fights no matter where you are. I am not naming them because I have no proof, but it's obvious that they are using radar to leech fights. This is one reason why many Albs start to get pissed. Or maybe only we noticed that. But yes, I get pissed when that happens over and over and over in a night.

Mrmuscle

Banned
well to all those leet FG vs FG dudes ya all talk about good fights and that rp's dont matter.

where is the good fight in ganking soloers ??

expect those ppl to add when ever they get a chance cause u dont give them any slack.

nol

Fledgling Freddie
Fluid said:
Not the kinda stuff i expected to see from you nol Oo seem a bitter :touch:
why would I be bitter about adds? tbh I don't give a fuck either way, which is my point. Add or not, it's your choice, and no amount of whinging here will change it.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Mrmuscle said:
well to all those leet FG vs FG dudes ya all talk about good fights and that rp's dont matter.

where is the good fight in ganking soloers ??

expect those ppl to add when ever they get a chance cause u dont give them any slack.
we do and they do

like the 2fg, I kid you not, of sbs and hunters that were at mmg before toa
tbh, free rps *cough*

nol

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
rr2/3? I am talking about when we're fighting NP/Blizzard/DH/etc and we get very high rr Albs adding to it - it happens every damn time almost - no matter where we fighting. I don't consider myself a power gamer, so whatever. BF don't run "common" routes looking for lowbie rps. The only time I would say we care about RPs was recently when some ppl were looking to ding rr10 - otherwise yes, we are looking for FUN. And I wasn't bitching if we are happen to be fighting rr2/3s and some rr2/3 Hibs or Mids add. Yes, I get annoyed if we are fighting 2fg hibs and some high rr hibs run up to join in the fight, not because I got denied some rps nol. Like I said, I don't swear at the alb zerg adding, it's like swearing at the wind for blowing :d

Asha you and BF also add, and have added to fights as long as I can remember, on many occassions I have lost fg vs when you guys come charging in, but I don't complain about it, and I don't call you zergers or adders, I understand it's a reality of emain. I have no moral high ground here, I know I add, I know I zerg, I also run in fg's and I also run solo very often, as you will know from killing me in BF groups.

I personally don't see it as moaning, read my post. Damn nol, you've gotten bitter. We run our own routes cause we want fights. If we get too many hibs/mids, it's our fault. If we get rr7 8 9 Alb ggs adding on us, then it's annoying. Call it moaning if you have to.

I have died enough to you guys to know where you run, the same as everyone else, the only difference is sometimes you head further into our frontier, and I can't talk about Odins because my only experience of BF there, was when you added on a TB group we fighting. As I said to Fluid, why would I be bitter, I am not the person who is compaining about adds. BTW, the moaning part was not striclty addressed to you, but rather at the series of whingers in this thread.

Several people have tried to arrange this. It never works because it's too hard to control and people get bored with too few fights. And just so you know, we often have low rr ppl in groups too.

You know why? because the majority of these groups, would rather be in emain collecting rp's from the zerg they hate. All of us farm the zerg, I am no better, yes sometimes I get decent groups and manage to farm it, most hibs do, and if we play cleverly we can farm it for ages. The problem always comes in when we fuck up and wait around too long. We need the zerg.

Just one more thing. In Albion/Excali there is (a) certain group(s) that FIND your fights no matter where you are. I am not naming them because I have no proof, but it's obvious that they are using radar to leech fights. This is one reason why many Albs start to get pissed. Or maybe only we noticed that. But yes, I get pissed when that happens over and over and over in a night.

I'm sorry to here that but that a cheating problem imo, not an adding problem.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
nol said:
Asha you and BF also add, and have added to fights as long as I can remember, on many occassions I have lost fg vs when you guys come charging in, but I don't complain about it, and I don't call you zergers or adders, I understand it's a reality of emain. I have no moral high ground here, I know I add, I know I zerg, I also run in fg's and I also run solo very often, as you will know from killing me in BF groups.
It's true, we added for a v long time, but I would like to think we tried to avoid some fights. We never were a guild to listen to cg and run for the 1fg at mill when 3 other fgs going there too and we know it. We have always looked for fg fights, since before rvr guilds and RAs and capping stats existed. Sure, we got caught in Alb zergs at MGs and choke points. For awhile we made it a policy not to add... about 2 or 3 months now. At first I wasn't happy about this because I know that those Hibs/Mids would add on us, but it wasn't about that. It was about us. It was also about the other Alb groups that started to do that. Some don't.. but we don't ever curse at them.

The point isn't where we run. We don't set out to find low rr groups. That is a pretty low opinion. We set out to play as friends and see what we can find. There is only so many paths in emain to take. Odins tends to have lower rr groups that run in 2fg or more and keep taking forces, so we stick to emain. We aren't so cynical nol.

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
it's called accepting someones wishes, if they don't want you to add. don't add, define realm vs realm? is it 1fg vs 1fg or 20fg's vs 20fg's of 6 fg's vs 6 fg's.

if you open your eyes for just 1 second you may actually realise that realm vs realm doesnt just mean epic battle, it means .... hibernia vs albion vs midgard. 1 realm vs another realm vs another realm, this doesnt mean the whole realm, this doesnt mean 1 person on behalf of the whole realm. this has no 1 fixed number in other words, if someone doesnt want you to add and you know they dont, then dont add, and with the map features and shit inc, it should become much easier to add aswell as not add. stop wajning about people wajning

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
nol said:
why would I be bitter about adds? tbh I don't give a fuck either way, which is my point. Add or not, it's your choice, and no amount of whinging here will change it.
read what u posted earlier, it looks very much like you are putting rvr guilds down because they don't want to play the same way you do.

nol

Fledgling Freddie
Fluid said:
read what u posted earlier, it looks very much like you are putting rvr guilds down because they don't want to play the same way you do.
I never said a thing about rvr guilds, I spoke about power gamers. People are entitled to play the game however they like, my point is pretty simple, you can't expect fairness in a game of this nature. Realm ranks, set gg's, ventrillo etc ensure that casual players stand no chance when these two kinds of groups meet.

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
if the game was made for anyone other then power gamers they wouldnt have Master levels and realm abilities really, they understand you need to put time and effort in to get both. seems alot of these casual players are in emain zerging every night. thats casual for you though.

nol

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
It's true, we added for a v long time, but I would like to think we tried to avoid some fights. We never were a guild to listen to cg and run for the 1fg at mill when 3 other fgs going there too and we know it. We have always looked for fg fights, since before rvr guilds and RAs and capping stats existed. Sure, we got caught in Alb zergs at MGs and choke points. For awhile we made it a policy not to add... about 2 or 3 months now. At first I wasn't happy about this because I know that those Hibs/Mids would add on us, but it wasn't about that. It was about us. It was also about the other Alb groups that started to do that. Some don't.. but we don't ever curse at them.

The point isn't where we run. We don't set out to find low rr groups. That is a pretty low opinion. We set out to play as friends and see what we can find. There is only so many paths in emain to take. Odins tends to have lower rr groups that run in 2fg or more and keep taking forces, so we stick to emain. We aren't so cynical nol.

I am very cynical about these issues and I know that. I am cynical because I have first hand experiences with the kind of groups and people I mentioned. For 2 years it was ok for people to add on each others fights, now suddenly it's not. I stand at ligen and watch people get turned away from decent groups because they're not high enough RR, or they don't have the right spec. I watch them wait for hours to get a group getting ignored by the same people who scream at them for "adding" on their fights. How are they expected to ever get RR's if they're just the rp fodder? It's a vicious circle for those people, one which we never had to contend with because when we were n00bs we were allowed to add on each other.

And yes I realise that all people that add are rr4- I am rr7 and I add, and like I said before, I have never been in a situation where people haven't added on me, there have however, been many occasions I haven't added on people. So even though I say I add, it is not something I do all the time.

nol

Fledgling Freddie
Nuked said:
if the game was made for anyone other then power gamers they wouldnt have Master levels and realm abilities really, they understand you need to put time and effort in to get both. seems alot of these casual players are in emain zerging every night. thats casual for you though.
ebay :p

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
nol said:
I am very cynical about these issues and I know that. I am cynical because I have first hand experiences with the kind of groups and people I mentioned. For 2 years it was ok for people to add on each others fights, now suddenly it's not. I stand at ligen and watch people get turned away from decent groups because they're not high enough RR, or they don't have the right spec. I watch them wait for hours to get a group getting ignored by the same people who scream at them for "adding" on their fights. How are they expected to ever get RR's if they're just the rp fodder? It's a vicious circle for those people, one which we never had to contend with because when we were n00bs we were allowed to add on each other.

And yes I realise that all people that add are rr4- I am rr7 and I add, and like I said before, I have never been in a situation where people haven't added on me, there have however, been many occasions I haven't added on people. So even though I say I add, it is not something I do all the time.

You took the words right out of my mouth...and spoken them far better than I ever could.

:worthy:

Glendower

Fledgling Freddie
The simple solution to this is just to play how you want, and if someone bitches at you, put them on ignore.

Oh, and hello, Nol, Joxer, etc :)

Lethul

FH is my second home
Asha said:

Dont forget that cabalist with speedbot asha :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom