Dear Soloers/Duo's {read all plz}

Ffade

Fledgling Freddie
New Frontiers bring us the zerg :mad: so hard mode for solos/duo's,cause many many times you have been zerged again n again..so do i
I'm doing this prologue cause last night i'v been zerged from stealthers..at my first run they was only 2 of them and they killed me,2nd run: one jumped off(at 30% his hp)the tower,and i spam :p his mate..after somes fights with these dudes,they pop up 5 stealthers SB's,Hunter's LoL n ofc killed me, propably brand new players cause they was afraid to duel 1vs1 or 2vs1 even,where is your honor mate's ?
Zerg issue has retire many solo char's and i bet when your char will not be able to earn rp's you will retire it soon.
Last week a friend was fighting 1vs1 and i did not add. also the sb killed my friend n still i didn't killed him just wave n bow him..this is called honor n respect!
I'm all ears to hear your opinions n discuss my thread

so zergSoloManiac (Alb's,Mid's,Hib's)
Go farm some honor and come to show us what you got! :)
:cheers: Mate's

P.S. Tanks with a realm respec stone they are fine for group runs
but infil's,scout's,shadow blades,hunter's,nightshades'ranger WILL NEVER BE

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
i dont exactly get your P.S. sentence...play a pally in rvr..no respec stone will help you.
As for infils and group friendlyness..ofc, no leet group would invite a infil..but all like to have scout reports no? Im bored of going solo with my infil, seeing my damage output can compete well with tanks, im not running away when my group is in combat, im not using vanish to be "last man standing"...give infils a group chance :) but then im dreaming and its quiet early :)..sleep tight or good morning..whatever fits.

Faya

Tarmak

Fledgling Freddie
If you want a group, roll a group char.

Oh well, that's my opinion. But there is alot zerging/adding for groups too, and it will always be that in any perspective of the game.

Basicly do to others what you want them to do to you, and I guess after a while people might know you as a soloer they respect. (or something like that)

:D

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
Yes soloers dont stick a chance in rvr thats why its called REALM vs REALM and not 1vs1.

You just need to rethink your strategies instead of going to the bridges where 90% of stealthers now hang out you should probbly get to learn about the other frontiers zones mob camps etc. and then you will probbly get at least a decent fight.

But i very much doubt your ever going to find the mythical beast that is 1vs1 without seriously butchering the CoC and aranging dueling matches.

If you think people have some crazy view about honour or whats right then think again 99% of people who play this game do so for fun if they see the enemy they wont look to see if your a challenge they will kill you. Every time.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
>But i very much doubt your ever going to find the mythical beast that is 1vs1 without seriously butchering the CoC and aranging dueling matches.

Rubbush.

There is 1v1, you just have to accept that only 5-10% of encounters will be with soloers. Fortunately if you pan and have good reactions it's often possible to avoid FGs when you see them on the clip plane - doesn't always work ofc.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I was all into the soloing, never ever grouped up, altho I did add now and then(Don't we all ;)), but things change with how the game changes(adapt to surive), just isn't fun trying to be a solo'er 100% of the time and like Awarkle said, its Realm vs Realm/All vs All. :(

Even respeced to BM to be more groupable with others and guild. :)

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Xcuse me? why wouldnt infils be good for arveear?
They can stealth when enemy is mezzed and pa the nub.
They got awesom evade, they got envenom, they can hurt pretty good.

Garrote can stop enemy from running, when graplled they can use Xbow

kk it aint opt, but it can be fun (done it with mine in some Asq groups):p

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
if you play right you can do 1v1's, you can also do upto 3v1's. (HI Pain!)

it depends on your playstyle & on the situation at the time.

I doubt there is such a thing as the perfect solo'er

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
I`ve been soloing almost all my Scout life, just recently started duoing with a friend of mine. Solo is 100% possible if you´re not taking adders or fg steamrolls too serious. It happens... we´ve all been there, so live with it or stop playing.
A clean, nice 1v1 every now and then compensates for all the BS you´re going through. About the honour thing... it´s Realm vs. Realm indeed. However, being an "opponent" of someone doesn´t mean that you´re supposed to disrespect him. Showing some fairplay and respect really pays off. It´s just not something you can *expect* from other people. :)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
all stealthers are worthless in group rvr, thinking otherwise is foolish (feya/angelheal)

you will never even come close to the dmg output of a proper toa'd lighttank, and then you don't have charge, or banelord ml path, or the survivability.. you really have no idea of the impact of those in rvr, since you dont play in the 8v8 scene you'll just have to trust me :p

like i said not long ago, the only role for a stealther COULD be

- group-stealth bot for some fun
- archer bodyguard bot, while using arrows to interrupt 1-2 targets

other than that you shouldnt even think about it, unless you mean groups that have no chance of competing with any other group looking for 8v8, and just zerg. in zerg any class will do aslong as theres some healing power in group

couple months ago i tagged along with a group with crocring and as soon as they got in a fight i just stealthed and watched the fight - then killed the stealtheradds that popped. worked fine, but the enemy groups didnt always realise i wasnt adding myself and raped meh :p

censi

Can't get enough of FH
about 3 years ago I came to the conclusion there wasnt "much" honor in daoc. you can go by the principle of not adding and soloing but you wont get this respect returned in favour by 95% of the community.

this isnt necessaily a negative comment on that 95%, most add because they are not experienced and they see a red label on a target and try there best to kill it (which is kinda the object of the game), others do it because they just dont give a fook, others do it maybe because you have done something bad to them and they remember the name.

the only reason I wont add (on a FG V FG or say soloers) is out of respect for the hib players envolved. Or on extremely rare circustances Ill see an enemy I know is a sound player and does have my complete respect. it is so hard to get a nice 1 on 1 fight in daoc where you fight someone who is playing a class roughly equal to yours and your both giving it 100%, when something adds in those fights its a real fooker.

DAOC is a real frustrating game for people that wanna solo but really its the game design not the players that make it this way, my tip is to just play the game and have fun with whatever you do.

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
I personally don't mind getting rapped 1v1 in RvR, infact i'd much rather prefer that than having to deal with all the warlocks 3 shotting me, or the FG's, I know it's been said before, but I know most would prefer 5 good fights or so a night rather than zergs/nothing. It's the fun of going back and the posibility of your enemy being there, so you can try again and possibly win, thats fun, the possiblity for strategy, to show you can play your toon, and know it, and basically improve on the player you are, its really hard for you to see how good a player you actually are without 1v1's.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
I'm not saying you're not right VF, but envenom in group can be nice (need allot of weapons in stack to use psns every enemy again, but can be very usefull..

Anyway, if you want to be opt, aye it's not smart (dumb actually) to choose an infil above a merc:).

though group stealth can be very usefull if you want to flank groups (just stand still and mezz when enemy hits... (or group stealth, and make 1 pally (tank) bait on a bridge.... wanne see how many stealthers you can kill that way?

prolly 8 sb's add at BB ;x

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
I'm not saying you're not right VF, but envenom in group can be nice (need allot of weapons in stack to use psns every enemy again, but can be very usefull..

not really, legendaries in group suck because of resistbuffs and you can't really swap arti weapons. still, poison doesn't even come CLOSE to making up for the difference between lighttank and assassin

and flanking is smt completely different than ambushing ;)

Doink-666

Fledgling Freddie
another zerg whine :( sorry but thats RvR, ur in an RvR zone and what this means really is that there can be 1fg+ running around looking for other groups to kill :/

I still wanna know where the zerg difference comes in between stealthers and normal chars, mean people call 4-5 stealthers a zerg yet 1fg of normal chars is'nt :m00:

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:
not really, legendaries in group suck because of resistbuffs and you can't really swap arti weapons. still, poison doesn't even come CLOSE to making up for the difference between lighttank and assassin

and flanking is smt completely different than ambushing ;)

Is a heat debuffer (chantress / alb to0n) in MA not usefull vs that? or it to hard?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
Is a heat debuffer (chantress / alb to0n) in MA not usefull vs that? or it to hard?

yeah lets get a heat debuffer in group so the useless infil can use heat weapons to poison :m00:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
You get yelled at if you add, you get yelled at if you don't, you can't win.

Play as you feel right, those who think alike will respect you, the rest don't matter.

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
I can see the true points in your comment VF and im not saying Infil/Stealther in generall is a MUST have or THE optional character..what i tried to bring over is...Stealthers arent loved in FGs or anywhere for that..that is for ...DECENT players >cough> that want to pwonzer all in a mezz duell and run around to kill 8vs8.
My opinion: This game, Daoc, isnt 8vs8 its RvR as it states clearly...i respect the ppl who run 8vs8 in this very imbalanced game..really /bow...but i can understand the other ppl who like to have an "Army" to run with..and im not talking of the Sheep-Mode :)...2 or 3 times in this game..since Beta..i had the goose bump feeling beeing in a REALM that CHARGED the enemy, part of a BIG army :)..that was nice. Well as useal this can be a everlasting discussion..where we both (and others) point out there personal preferences. In the end, we have to play like WE like it.
So VF and all you other 8vs8 ppl..respect..kill all..but dont talk shit when ANYONE "adds" to YOUR fights..if it was YOUR fights, arranged, you should go play some other group game..if it was encountered enemy..well its free for all.

I say it 3rd time so all the hardwits get it that i mean it.
Much /respect to the 8vs8 ppl.
Much /Respect to the ppl who REALLY solo.
But dont expect enemy players or even your realmmates to think alike..take it as it is, /release when you have to and show respect to all others....aside from locks and chanters ofc.

Faya

angrysquirrel

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
You get yelled at if you add, you get yelled at if you don't, you can't win.

Play as you feel right, those who think alike will respect you, the rest don't matter.

if i was gay i think id like you. im not saying you're gay, just that its nice to see common sense posts. especially in comparison to anything i write.

anyway you wont find solo fights at the following locations -

the frontier
a pub
a football stadium

if you find yourself getting killed by 2 or 3 or more people when you do nothing but solo then i know its horrible, but its the game and if you play to win, just do it. get a mate, go back and kill. although if you run with a fg and call yourself nightheart the scout or some other roleplaying name like that and pop stealthers infront of a fg of visuals ILL FUCKING KILL YOU ! YOU HEAR ??? ILL EAT YOU AND SHIT YOU AND MAKE YOU EAT THE SHIT THAT I JUST SHAT OUT THAT IS ACTUALLY YOU. YOU FUCKING NOB END. :clap:

sorry i have issues with people who do that.

a good tip if you are dedicated to soloing is get high mastery of stealth, its very effective so you can pick and choose your fights. as a tank thats nigh on fucking useless, so get long wind or go to the bridges at emain.

Brack

One of Freddy's beloved
Faya said:
/release when you have to and show respect to all others....aside from locks and chanters ofc.

Faya

i really like how u can even think chanters are anyway near as bad as warlocks xDD altho ppl gonna come up with baseline stun wajn now, 90% of hib casters have it not just chanters! and since the insta interrupts have been fixed chanters have alot less util than say a light eld!

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
angrysquirrel said:
if i was gay i think id like you. im not saying you're gay, just that its nice to see common sense posts. especially in comparison to anything i write.

I errr..thankyou I think :confused: I think my heads going to explode trying to figure that one out.

WullieTheRed

Loyal Freddie
A lot of drama with the solo war lately... but I still love to solo, sure you get ganked more often than not by the fg nutters, buts okay, just take it on the chin and grab another boat to albie land :D The solo fights that I do get, and even the challenge from duo dudes, is enough to keep me going back for more after a ganking. Saying that tho, whorelocks do piss me off :wanker:

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
AngelHeal said:
but envenom in group can be nice (need allot of weapons in stack to use psns every enemy again, but can be very usefull..
Can't you just stick some caster in group? they usualy have some stat debuffs, maybe disease, DoT wouldn't really make a difference imo, dunno if viper3 would do enough to make that worth while, hmm not sure about snare?

majik

Banned
Sorry, is this a realistic discussion of running stealthers in a visual group? :eek7:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom