DAOC guilds going WAR

Pandemic

Fledgling Freddie
Quite a bunch of old faces from the past!:kissit:

I will for sure give WaR a shot and see how it turns out, What side i will pick i have no idea of atm..

Due to facts that i played Hib/Excal that perhaps not was the strongest (aww we were strongest) but less populated i might pick a side with odd's against them....Cooler playing that way i think..

Guild? nah been pretty mutch away from any kind of mmorpg for some time now, however i feel the teaste for blood is comming back to me, And for me that is a GOOD sign!

No clue either who is still hanging around here so a quick HELLO to some ppl if you are still around........

Angara/dan,brim,ola,qarii,ojaas,shep uhm miss,reklaw and all other toads i now forgot.... see you in WaR i hope:cheers:

Toss me a pm if you want.

/Faded away TD,Vgn member from the past

PS! was this the sunday hangover cruise? YouTube - Daoc Exc Llaw Arian and VGN

Think I might have been the last mid killed in that video if its Black Company your fighting at the end?

Jilson

Fledgling Freddie
I've just preordered a copy and am trying to get into Beta to have a look.

Looking for anyone from First Cohort or Synergy Alb Excal going over, will be looking for a guild. Going to be going distruction, possibly a black orc we shall see!

Would love to be part of an active EU guild again for RVR :D

Arathor

Fledgling Freddie
Nice movie...it brings memories. I remember some names writing here.
Welcome to all.
Pandemic - You were last mid killed on this movie...I was in 1st group:)
Glad to see old Daocers playing WAR soon.

Bergskalle

Loyal Freddie
Would be awesome to have the biggest DAoC EU guilds on one server. Think of the havoc we'd all go through! I'm rolling destruction with some friends from WoW. Gonna check up with my old guild mates from FoM as well tho :)

Pandemic

Fledgling Freddie
Nice movie...it brings memories. I remember some names writing here.
Welcome to all.
Pandemic - You were last mid killed on this movie...I was in 1st group:)
Glad to see old Daocers playing WAR soon.

bah murdering hibbie swine :) always was the last to die. yeah those fights vs llaw and vengence were fun, cannot wait for warhammer to start doing fun fights like that again, although depending where all the guilds go we could be on the same side

Ballock

Fledgling Freddie
Wow, this thread almost brings tears to my eyes :)
Just almost. A dwarf would never cry... In public :)

Any idea on what server type the lot is aiming for?
Core, open or core/rp perhaps?

Was going for Core/rp before I stumbled on this thread.

Anyways, thank you for a wonderful thread. Feels like you are 100 years old reading about soo many old guild and player names from the past.

Regards Ballock

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
Daoc sticks, u can't lose it. All these people will keep popping up. We're addicts :D

Eddis

Fledgling Freddie
I wouldn't worry too much about Destruction being the fotm realm - early polls in WoW showed that Horde was going to completely smash Alliance number wise - and I think we know how that turned out.

The large majority of players don't post on forums, nor participate in polls. :)

Aye, but Horde side in WoW is actually very ugly, I mean they look very bad.
In this game Destro side is actually pretty cool-looking so you never know how it will turn out.
Just need patience and observation.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Wow, this thread almost brings tears to my eyes :)
Just almost. A dwarf would never cry... In public :)

pff, just spill the last barrel of beer over the floor in the pub and you`ll see a lot of dwarves cry:drink:

Xanthea

Fledgling Freddie
Totally agree those were the days...I did however bump in to a few old guildies (ex.guildies) on one of the US classic servers...Buffswithlove and some more still same old guys with the homo humor:p

However would be cool if somehow it would be possible to setup so we (EX. excal/pryd) are on same server...Dont have to be on same side ofc but so i can trash some old faces from the past once more:twak:

Sorry for the none english just have to share this, been laughing so tears pisses down my pants....ITS COFFE!!!!!!!!!
Jobbigt läge…. DET ÄR KAFFE! KAFFE! KAFFE!! DET ÄR KAFFE!! hanubabbel

Arexys

Fledgling Freddie
Would b sweet if some former guild mates would play war havent played DAOC for ages but i was in a guild called Protean Knights till the end alb/excal

:)

Arathor

Fledgling Freddie
bah murdering hibbie swine :) always was the last to die. yeah those fights vs llaw and vengence were fun, cannot wait for warhammer to start doing fun fights like that again, although depending where all the guilds go we could be on the same side
Thats true...Fighting against them was really challenge and fun (even if they won more fights). Good memories.
I think we will have atleast same fun in WAR...and hope it will be even better.

Hail to all Daoc'ers.

Gesta

Loyal Freddie
Surprised at first how many peoples names I recognise from this thread, and secondly how many great memories came flooding back of the old school daoc rvr days..

I played most of my daoc time (excal) from open beta up until shortly before the release of Trials of Atlantis. I came back briefly during toa, but tbh I truly hated the expansion, and that was the last of my daoc days.

If anyone does remember me I played Cadwyr, (celt hero). Played in Clan Bearhawk, and gained very brief notoriety as the co gm of Vigilance. Since then I've been in a bunch of mmo's but only ever really settled in wow (bloodhoof) and later in Everquest 2 (darathar, and nagafen pvp).

It would be awesome to see so many former daoc excal guilds and peeps on the same server. One thing thing that dosent seem decided from this thread will these guilds want to roll on core or open rvr? My personal choice would be open rvr, as it adds an edge to the pve element.

Anyway see u in open beta! Tho will miss first few days as away for my mates birthday bash in Dublin.. Finding all the secrecy imposed on the closed beta peeps a real pain.. Only firm decision I've made is to go Order, and will try at least 3 classes in open beta. Arch mage looks quite challenging, will prob try Bright Wizard and maybe White Lion or Sword master too!

Btw read somewhere about if high level peeps attack greys in low zones they get turned into chickens, with 1hp and 'peck' attack that does 1hp damage. Had to rofl at that. Just wish we had it in the early days in daoc. Hibs penned into the opening area of the frontier, with fatbelly etc using grey con hibs as target practice ;)

Hey Liffy,

We're not totally decided on where we're going whether its order or chaos, but we've started a forum on the cbh site, you can keep up to date there :)

Hopefully see you in a few days

oranjeboom

Fledgling Freddie
Dream Walkers will be playing destruction.
however we may be using the original guild name of Dream Warriors, allthough im still not 100% sure on this.
i will post a link to website soon

Oneeyedjack

Fledgling Freddie
The Dark Alliance (TDA)

Just in case old or new members are wondering...

The Dark Alliance will be in WAR.

We will be on the side of Destruction and on a Core server. We have joined the White Rose Server initiative so we will also be on the ex-Daoc server. The name of the server will be posted on our forum as soon as we get the server list from Goa.

We are all united at our forum and getting ready wage war. We have also merged with our good friends from Fellowship of Midgard (FoM), so we stand even stronger in WAR. Make sure to sign onto our forum and get a front row seat on the release of The Dark Alliance in WAR. TDA forum adress: http://tda.nu/forum/index.php

We are looking forward to see all the old and new members of The Dark Alliance reunited on our forum and in game. Trust me it will be great. :cheers:

Cheers Jack :)

Ahlgard

Loyal Freddie
Defiance will join WAR as well. Playing Order most likely. Cya on the battlefield :)

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
I hope to see some old timers from my DAoC time :D (Hi Xanthian, Methos & dreadful enemies :p)

Let the Age Of Reckoning begin! :twak:

tazzbe

Fledgling Freddie
I'm going to give it a go too. Thx to someone :p i had the pleasure to try closed beta...and it does feel more daoc then wow, so for me thats a good thing (still some work to be done aswell).

Joining Order guild Mystical Awakenings (Mystical Awakening - Home) like some old GoL people. But we will see how it goes once the game is released.
Afaik the old GoL won't go to WAR (since some gimps are still on a german daoc server). But who knows once the game is released they'll change their mind.

If people didn't know yet...there is an irc channel #war.europe on quakenet to idle in.

Will see you all ingame soon enough...

Outlaw

Fledgling Freddie
haha, hello hello, Clipse and I will defo be playing :)

An Old Excal style server would rock!

Tazzbe - allo , others allo, recognise loads of names here. Half of GoL playing on German servers you say? who? Greg better not be one of them! nore Regtur.

see y'all soon :p

haha my old footer and avatar still there, lol even my old linked website, lol like nothing never ever changed :)

tazzbe

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah Greg is playing daoc...I'm sure we can all convince him to at least try WAR out hehe.

Reg dunno, but same as for Reg or any other GoL reading this.
Would be nice to join irc channel we had...Herc, Herb & me still idle in there so (#gol.daoc) :p

Outlaw

Fledgling Freddie
Hello Herbs, I cba for that stuff right now tbh.

Khalen, Hotrats, coming to a server near you soon :)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
haha, hello hello, Clipse and I will defo be playing :)

An Old Excal style server would rock!

Tazzbe - allo , others allo, recognise loads of names here. Half of GoL playing on German servers you say? who? Greg better not be one of them! nore Regtur.

see y'all soon :p

haha my old footer and avatar still there, lol even my old linked website, lol like nothing never ever changed :)

ooh, you oldie :worthy:, will zoyster play also ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom