Cross-Platform online. [Consoles]

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
After reading this recently, and seeing the lack of exclusives on the PS3 and multi-platform releases, wouldn't it be around the time now that both MS and Sony start actually working together a bit? Or atleast, offering games the ability to work on both consoles online and play together?

I mean, both consoles are getting nearly the same games, so what would be the problem with both consoles using the same net services? I mean, surely it wouldn't be that hard to do in the next 12 months.

GTA, Burnout, FFXII and many other games all out/coming out on both consoles, yet we're still limited to play against the same consoles.

*Wants to be able to slay his 360 friends on Burnout with his PS3*

EDIT: Brothers in Arms managed to do it.. PS3 and PC (MS Software), so why can't they do it PS3/PC and 360? :)

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
There already is cross platform games for PC/Xbox 360, Universe at War, Shadowrun etc ;)

Overdriven

Yes, but I'm talking for consoles :p MicroShite V $ony.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Because it makes no business sense for either of them.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
sony arnt stop cross plat form playing. they leave it to the devs. on ps2 a hand ful of games were playbale with peeps with pcs think need for speed was one of them.

as for ms its big no-no they wana control everything on thier platform there was talk about cross compatibilty when vista came out but they have been silent on the subject

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
I remember Quake3 on the Dreamcast and you could play that against people on PC's.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
aye you could, rember every "proper" quake3 player having a moan about it.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Remember playing a few games of UT against Dreamcast players, they always got whipped, Sega in the end had to have Dreamcast only servers and stop us PC players facing off against them.

As its been said before there's no business sense behind it. They tried cross Platform yet again with Shadowrun but it made a bad game even worse to play, PC Gamers were nerfed and 360 players had handicaps to keep up with the PC players.

Driving games could work in theory as cross platform but RTS and FPS are a no no unless they can bring console controls onto par with the Keyboard and Mouse set-ups.

Overdriven

Well, I was talking more Racers/Beat-Em-Ups etc. I wouldn't play a PC gamer on a console, I mean, I've played COD4 on PS3 and PC, and the PC standards are just so much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom