so which console are you getting

which next gen console will you choose

• xbox one

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • ps4

Votes: 28 70.0%
  • Wii U (suppose i gotta throw it out there)

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Now that I've seen more drive club, and with GT7 being 2016 at earliest, I'm just gonna stick with my pc and ps3. ( GT6 mostly the reason there ).

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
Ps4 for me.Only console game i have played for last two years as been Mlb the show

Yaka

Part of the furniture
getting both like i always do. cept no ninty console this gen

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
so I'm wondering what the FH peeps are settling on.
PS4. Sony won the "gamer" in me over with their methodology.

Plus I remember when I had an XBOX 360 which had a dashboard without adverts...

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
just pre ordered xbox one with fifa and extra controller it won me over with the games list and kinect will be fun for the family comin christmas eve hopefully :)

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
I'll be getting the Xbox One. Have I missed something about the difference in hardware? Not read anything to make me believe that the PS4 will be noticeably more powerful. Tbh what's made up my mind is that all my mates are getting the Xbox. Plus the list of exclusives is looking promising. Really hope the next Ratchet & Clank game isn't exclusive to the PS4.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
thought the IP belonged to sony for Racthet and clank

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Lad in gamestation said PS4 is outselling Xbone 180 nearly 2 to 1 on preorders. Seems Microsoft's embarrassing back peddling isn't enough.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
None of the above. I was thinking about a PS4 but I'm going to wait and see what happens with the Steambox(es) (I'm still not convinced but I'm going to be open-minded about it). Wouldn't touch the Xbone with a bargepole.

leggy

Probably Scottish
I just cancelled my PS4 pre-order based on the steambox announcements.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I just cancelled my PS4 pre-order based on the steambox announcements.

Thinking about this too. Though I am having second thoughts on a new console on general anyway. The console exclusives seem even more consoley and the cross platform will just look'n'feel better on PC. Depending on the price the steam box may make an idea media centre and occasional games machine.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Depending on the price the steam box may make an idea media centre and occasional games machine.

Steam box is just a PC without windows tho. It's PC price.

The example specs they've released go from i3-i7 processors. So you should just pick one...

...then install Windows and Steam :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I will get one for my son for Xmas, although his mates don't seem to be able to decide between the two. Personally I can't stand spending money on any Sony product so my preference would be Xbone.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Steam box is just a PC without windows tho. It's PC price.

The example specs they've released go from i3-i7 processors. So you should just pick one...

...then install Windows and Steam :)

Well, that's the question isn't it? If these things all come out at £500 plus, then Steambox will fail; if they can do it for similar money to the consoles (I can't see how, but stranger things have happened) then Steambox is worth a look, because all other things being equal, it will be a bit more useful as a home media device than the PS4, and a bit less creepy than the Xbone (which should be renamed the O'Brien). As for Windows, I can genuinely see the day coming when I don't need it anymore for home use.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
will prolly get a steam box as well as my kids play games like shatter and snapshot and plants vs zombies. i will still play my games from a pc tho. one place where steam should be great is the games on your list should still be playable even in 15 years time. unlike ninty, ms and sony who will ask you to cough up for an "update" on a new console

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Will be a PS4, MicroSoft can fuck right off, they did a 180 turnaround but they disclosed their intentions, this time in 2 years watch the reversal where they get to fuck everyone over. Steambox looks good but it depends on cost but I also like the fact that I could buy a CoreHT machine (smaller than an xbox/ps3) and put my own GPU in it.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Cancelled my PS4 for now, will order it once a few more titles come out :) still won't be buying a Shitbox 180 while I wait tho.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
None till April now, will give a few months for games to come out and will allow WatchDogs to come out again

Embattle

FH is my second home
None, my previous console (Wii) did little more than gather dust since at heart I've been a PC gamer for a long while now. Also people should stop kidding themselves about the steam box, it isn't going to be a cheaper PC unless like the PC you pick a lower spec.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
A mate was telling me that the X-bone 180 couldn't handle COD or BF4 at 1080?

lol?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
A mate was telling me that the X-bone 180 couldn't handle COD or BF4 at 1080?

lol?

Xbone doesn't have 1080 iirc? only does 720 or something.

Battlefield 4 runs @ 720p on Xbox One - 900p on PS4
CoD Ghosts runs @ 720p on Xbox One - 1080p on PS4

So aye, guessing other games will likely be the same.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
So in short the X-Bone 180 is the gamecube of this generation? Last generation rubbish.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
So in short the X-Bone 180 is the gamecube of this generation? Last generation rubbish.

They may as well have named it the Gimmick Box 180 :p let's be quiet now or Aada will become furious and start throwing personal insults out again because we insulted his toy.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Xbone doesn't have 1080 iirc? only does 720 or something.

Battlefield 4 runs @ 720p on Xbox One - 900p on PS4
CoD Ghosts runs @ 720p on Xbox One - 1080p on PS4

So aye, guessing other games will likely be the same.
what the fuck?? My PHONE runs shit at higher res than that. What a load of shit. They really have given up on trying to improve the quality of games. It's just DLC and online shit time after time. I honestly prefer a random flash game to most modern releases. Not seen anything new for so long. Even stuff like GTA online is hopelessly outdated. 18 players max? I was doing relic raids in daoc with hundreds of people a DECADE ago.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The X-Bone 180 exists to generate ad revenue and nothing more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom