News Clarkson suspended

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
The content used to annoy me when I watched it (and lived in the UK)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Back to Clarkson, looks like they are bringing an old school chum producer to keep a check on him...which basically means he is back.
The BBC would never push him out, it would be the beginning of the end for the BBC in times where it's existence is being questioned anyway.

Job

Looks like the BBC have jumped off a cliff and are going to sack him, it was nice while it lasted BBC, what a sad end for the greatest TV corporation on the planet.
Seriously, they are talking about continuing it without him.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Looks like the BBC have jumped off a cliff and are going to sack him, it was nice while it lasted BBC, what a sad end for the greatest TV corporation on the planet.
Seriously, they are talking about continuing it without him.
Source?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!

video-undefined-2465FFD700000578-373_636x358.jpg

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Looks like the BBC have jumped off a cliff and are going to sack him

If he's assaulted someone he *has* to be sacked.

Presuming that's the case then BBC is stuck in a lose-lose here - either sack someone who's assaulted another staff member and be condemned by a million idiot fanb0is (and lose 50m cash for the "pleasure" of doing so), or don't sack someone guilty of assault.

I don't care what walk of life you come from or how much you're worth - if you punch someone at work then you get punted out of the door.

I'm gutted 'cause I really enjoy Top Gear - but if it happens then it's nobodies fault but Clarkson's.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
We don't know that he did physically assault someone. That's just something the twatter lot have come up with.

It's all speculation until an official statement is made.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
If he's assaulted someone he *has* to be sacked.

Presuming that's the case then BBC is stuck in a lose-lose here - either sack someone who's assaulted another staff member and be condemned by a million idiot fanb0is (and lose 50m cash for the "pleasure" of doing so), or don't sack someone guilty of assault.

I don't care what walk of life you come from or how much you're worth - if you punch someone at work then you get punted out of the door.

I'm gutted 'cause I really enjoy Top Gear - but if it happens then it's nobodies fault but Clarkson's.
The punching thing was said originally but there have been just as many stories saying there wasn't punching.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The punching thing was said originally but there have been just as many stories saying there wasn't punching.
That's why my first sentence started with "if" and my second sentence "presuming".

Rabid fanbois @Moriath and @Raven leaping to the defence of their beloved in the face of an imagined slight ;)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Guardian reporting that he's definitely gone. "Contract won't be renewed".

Job

Oh it won't end here, the autopsy will be brutal, in fact I reckon it's going to have a marked effect on the election.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
That's why my first sentence started with "if" and my second sentence "presuming".

Rabid fanbois @Moriath and @Raven leaping to the defence of their beloved in the face of an imagined slight ;)

I don't care either way, I don't even watch Top gear until its on Dave and then its just on in the back ground.

Just getting a little tired of all these media generated witch hunts that are created just to fill news time.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just getting a little tired of all these media generated witch hunts that are created just to fill news time.
I think if any famous person allegedly punched someone else at work then the media would follow it.

It's overblown, yes, but not a witch hunt. A witch hunt is the unjust victimisation of someone/a group of people for differing views (like the persecution of communists in 1950's America).

Clarkson's being hounded because he was involved in a bust up of some kind. Not because he represents an imaginary threat to society.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I think if any famous person allegedly punched someone else at work then the media would follow it.

It's overblown, yes, but not a witch hunt. A witch hunt is the unjust victimisation of someone/a group of people for differing views (like the persecution of communists in 1950's America).

Clarkson's being hounded because he was involved in a bust up of some kind. Not because he represents an imaginary threat to society.

Hmm, not so sure. This incident in isolation could have gone either way if it hadn't been for all the other media-generated faux outrage that had come before; most of the earlier stuff really was a witch-hunt.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Hmm, not so sure. This incident in isolation could have gone either way if it hadn't been for all the other media-generated faux outrage that had come before; most of the earlier stuff really was a witch-hunt.
Assuming it was an actual physical assault, then no I don't think the incident in isolation should go either way - assault should be a sacking, period.

However, I think the beeb would have been able to swing it - it IS one rule for the rich and successful and one for the rest of us after all, as much as the our rulers would like us to believe otherwise.

The other stuff? Well, I'm not bothered by the nigger thing - they never broadcast it so that was just a slow news day (or maliciousness from within the production team). However, they did broadcast the "slope on a bridge" joke. Which, whilst I found it funny (because it was), it was clearly casual racism and should probably never have been broadcast.

I do agree that people like to take pot shots at the top of the pyramid. If you're at the top then you have to be on it, so to speak, or the mud'll stick...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Why are you assuming it was a physical assault though? Nobody has said it was, just some neckbeards on twatter that have absolutely no insider information.

He could have flipped a table and stamped his feet for all we know, hell, it could well be the producer that flipped a table. I think all we do actually know is that he wasn't happy with the food provided after a day of filming and there was some sort of argument, physical or verbal, we have absolutely no idea.

No party has come forward and said anything at all about what happened, all we have seen is speculation and page filler.

Job

There's more to all this, who suddenly decided to release unseen test footage from 5 years ago that was so volatile, editors, film crew, casual staff?
Someone sat on that clip and released it without context for maximum effect...there must have been a lot of tension amongst the team after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom