News Clarkson suspended

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Why are you assuming it was a physical assault though?
I'm saying *assuming* it is - and discussing the possibilities from there - not saying it definitely was.

Does it hurt your butt too much for people to gossip and speculate about Jeremy on a discussion forum?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
No, I just find the whole load of bollocks terribly depressing. Have you not got anything better to do than gossip about what celebrities are getting up to? Fuelled (in its entirety) by a bunch of tedious fuckwits at the Sun.

Its all this shit when people pretend to be shocked by non-issues because they just have to tweet something, anything because if they don't they might vanish into this air. The false indignity is getting boring.

At the moment its a complete non-story. Even if it is, who actually gives a flying fuck if two grown men had a fight, fucking hell.

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
who actually gives a flying fuck if two grown men had a fight
If I'm paying their salary and they're doing it at work, then yep. I do.

Clarkson can diva it up outside of work as much as he likes for all I care - but at work?

If you find it all so depressing Raven then stop posting in @Moriath's Clarkson Suspended thread? Treat it like a copy of heat magasine or something and avoid?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It'll hurt the BBC more than it'll hurt Clarkson :p some other channel will likely pick him up and approach May + Hammond as well since their contracts end soon and a large portion of the Top Gear viewerbase will follow him. Same show, different name pretty much.

Poag

m00?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32054004

BBC Statement, other half of what Mabs posted.

TBH i find it sad but given Clarksons past it wasn't unexpected.

I found the studio episodes average, used them as background for other stuff i was doing.

But the Top Gear Specials, loved them. Vietnam personal fav. followed by Bolivia and Polar. Sad there wont be anymore :(

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
It'll hurt the BBC more than it'll hurt Clarkson :p some other channel will likely pick him up and approach May + Hammond as well since their contracts end soon and a large portion of the Top Gear viewerbase will follow him. Same show, different name pretty much.

yes
but option B was "la la we dont care we need the money" would of cost them what little reputation they had left

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
yes
but option B was "la la we dont care we need the money" would of cost them what little reputation they had left

I still reckon they'll go back on the decision after the backlash this will cause, 350,000,000 global fans of top gear, a large majority of which will bombard the BBC with anger over it.

Poag

m00?
Clarkson can diva it up outside of work as much as he likes for all I care - but at work?
I suppose tho, this brings up the question. If you are filming for X Days away from home for something. Are you counted as being "at work" 24/7? or just when you're on set/working?

For me it would seem logical to be the latter. When my work sends me away, anything i get up to in the evenings is my own problem, even if the company have provided lodgings and food....

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Sorta, but if you're staying at a hotel with your workmate and you pull out a golf-club on him John Arne Riise stylee? ;)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I suppose tho, this brings up the question. If you are filming for X Days away from home for something. Are you counted as being "at work" 24/7? or just when you're on set/working?

For me it would seem logical to be the latter. When my work sends me away, anything i get up to in the evenings is my own problem, even if the company have provided lodgings and food....

Doesn't matter though does it.

It's like if you're on a night out and you punch some guy who ends up being your bosses sons wifes uncles sons brothers aunties dad, then you can still get sacked?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I really don't think the BBC had a choice, he gave the guy a fat lip ffs (not speculation anymore).

I'm sure there are plenty of BBC execs crying into their G&Ts tonight about all that lost money, but that's life.

Of course the irony is the Clarkson will end up making more money than ever. I'm hoping they do a Netflix show.

DaGaffer

Doesn't matter though does it.

It's like if you're on a night out and you punch some guy who ends up being your bosses sons wifes uncles sons brothers aunties dad, then you can still get sacked?

Yes. If they really want to sack you, "gross misconduct" covers a lot of ground.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
bbc report said:
A member of staff - who is a completely innocent party - took himself to Accident and Emergency after a physical altercation accompanied by sustained and prolonged verbal abuse of an extreme nature. For me a line has been crossed. There cannot be one rule for one and one rule for another dictated by either rank, or public relations and commercial considerations

A&E...

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
What does this mean for May & Hammond? If he goes to Sky, can May and Hammond continue to work for the Been and do TG on Sky?

Of course this won't matter if one gives no fucks about May / Hammond.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
All their contracts are up. I reckon they'll go to Sky or ITV as a 3 and continue to do what they do.

Of course, I'll have to torrent their shit. There's no way I'm going to watch anything with adverts...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
What Scouse said, Hammond and May have been fairly loyal throughout his suspension despite what he did, I reckon the lure of a fat pay day is enough to entice them to follow Clarkson.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
May is being slightly vague about wether he will stay with a new presenter, if they pick Danny Dyer I will personally drive down and murderlise Lord Twattly.
Hope they simply go back to a few specials a year, the BBC have thrown away a world institution for something that could be and is always usually settled behind closed doors, that cint Cohen couldn't wait to make it public.

Poag

m00?
I wouldn't read much into the "A&E" line. It bascially means that his boss didn't want to risk liability and told him to go to A&E to cover himself. If he was "taken to A&E" rather than "took himself" then it would mean something.

I was working in an A&E unit recently for most of a afternoon/evening shift and the kind of trivial shit people present with is laughable.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Meh:

The physical attack lasted around 30 seconds and was halted by the intervention of a witness

30 seconds is a long time for shit to happen. Count it.

And either way - I wasn't saying he'd had his leg broken - but if he felt it warranted a trip to A&E then he'd *definitely* been punched. Probably more than once.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
May is being slightly vague about wether he will stay with a new presenter, if they pick Danny Dyer I will personally drive down and murderlise Lord Twattly.
Hope they simply go back to a few specials a year, the BBC have thrown away a world institution for something that could be and is always usually settled behind closed doors, that cint Cohen couldn't wait to make it public.

Danny Dyer, fucking hell if they picked that stupid cunt I think the remaining viewers would do the same, the man is literally mongoloid incarnate.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Sir Michael Grade said this incident is trivial compared to what he had to bury in his time...they were out to get him and just gave him enough rope.
Fukin left,liberal, lentil munchers.
If Millipede wins the election suking Salmonds cok I will have to arm myself.

DaGaffer

Sir Michael Grade said this incident is trivial compared to what he had to bury in his time...they were out to get him and just gave him enough rope.

That's hardly a case for continuing to do it. Given the revelations about media personalities that have come to light over the last few years, sweeping anything under the carpet is a really bad idea.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I suppose Liberals can spell though.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Hmm, seems May is genuinely considering following Clarkson

"It works well with the 3 of us as a package, so that will require some very careful thought" Hammond will likely be the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom