cba toa

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
really toa atm is zzzzz , i hope in one month dont stay as now .

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Must say, random RvR is very good atm.

Mael, 50th ment.

Beck

Fledgling Freddie
yeah you better enjoy the random fights now cos in a few weeks the crowd will return with lots of new toys!! :clap:

Pio

One of Freddy's beloved
I must say that I'm not missing RvR one bit and that ToA is fun and something new that the game needed so QQ

Tindel

Fledgling Freddie
agree with Pio, I bet the infils in Emain is getting impatient now :cheers:

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Beck said:
yeah you better enjoy the random fights now cos in a few weeks the crowd will return with lots of new toys!! :clap:

Yes, they can turn into dolphins and interrupt spam a bit more....hoo-rah.

Mael, 50th ment.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
ToA is that extra push i needed to start leveling a new character, im actually rather pleased. :)

Arus Canus

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah, i like toa too...

Tbh, you people doing rvr instead of lvling your Masters... will really get a good ass whooping once we return to rvr.

nuky

Fledgling Freddie
thought i would completely hate toa, actually really enjoying having most people back in pve again.

new mobs are cool too, just like hammering albs, only they are a little tougher :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Tindel said:
agree with Pio, I bet the infils in Emain is getting impatient now :cheers:

actually emain has been great, mostly duo's trio's :p

ive even fought loads of nice solo fights (havent won alot but hey it was fun :D )

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Doing ML's is the freaking uber.. especialy if you play off hours :puke:

Ixnay

Can't get enough of FH
Damon_D said:
Doing ML's is the freaking uber.. especialy if you play off hours :puke:

Agree, nerf screwed up shifts :/

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
Beck said:

Yeah but I think Im better off spending those few weeks getting some RPs on my runie that never gets any otherwise, MLs I can do when the Zergs come back to Emain ;)

Id rather stay out of the ToA areas for now, its way too many ppl there, lag and frustration often follows the overpopulated areas.
Cool thing also, did a /who darkness at primetime, 32 mids :D pharm while you can boys and buy your artis ;)

Emain atm is awesome fun, grps are usually pickupgroups with 5-8 ppl, and that goes for all realms, so fun fights

Morpheous

Fledgling Freddie
I wonder why ToA was even developed in the form it was released.

What was the point in the game initially? As far as I was aware, it was to build up a character for the RvR areas. We went through the rigours of exp (prior to the advent of power levelling) to make our characters stronger, or even simply viable in RvR - I sincerely doubt the majority of people enjoyed the experience.

Why do people play DAoC at the mo? Well, if you're reading these boards, the logical inference would be that you enjoy RvR.

Whats wrong with the RvR part of the game at the moment? Many things I'm sure, but from my viewpoint its too repetitive, theres no variation on what to do / where to go etc., and the strong get stronger while the rest form up to be mown down.

What does ToA offer the RvR player? New shiney weapons for the stronger to kill the weaker with as per usual? A new way for Mythic / Goa to get an extra £20 out of us? A new way for it to be emphasised that the 'lesser mortals' (i.e. those with jobs that can't play all day) need to play more to be competetive? more subscription fees and buying add-ons does have some financial incentice its true..

I guess the point in this rant is - (a) I liked things pre-ToA (b) I resent having to pay an extra £20 just to be able to play the way I did pre-ToA (shiney weapons & or not, RvR will be the same - RA tweaks don't need an expansion pack to be incorporated into the game) (c) If Mythic actually cared about their players, they would have done something to the RvR area of the game in the last 2 years we've been playing.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Morpheous said:
I guess the point in this rant is - (a) I liked things pre-ToA (b) I resent having to pay an extra £20 just to be able to play the way I did pre-ToA (shiney weapons & or not, RvR will be the same - RA tweaks don't need an expansion pack to be incorporated into the game) (c) If Mythic actually cared about their players, they would have done something to the RvR area of the game in the last 2 years we've been playing.

Poetry! :)

Misleath

Fledgling Freddie
I both hate and love ToA. I love it when it goes well and you achieve something with a small and nice group, I hate it when there are lots of whine and zerging mobs which aren't meant to be zerged (ML2.10).

I think that the game should have been like ToA is in the beginning of Daoc, classic daoc was boring (I only played Midgard there), SI was a crap expansion only some new quests and uber-items. ToA got some nice quests, ML's are quite fun if they run smooth and you have a good group, Artifcats well.. pain to first level your char, then your master levels and then your artifacts.

One thing is certain atleast: ToA is the most fun PvE I've had in my daoc history (except for maybe my uber Midgard SM exping PBAE group), but I wish I had a more groupfriendly class to play (Theurgist, Cleric or Paladin) but since I don't have a FG RvR guild I chose to roll a stealther and play with some friends.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
ToA is complete shit, i was stupid enough to buy it after all oh well at least now i know for sure i havent missed anything :puke: :puke:

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
ToA has just made some people become greedy assholes, other than that it's nice gfx and decent mobs but i am not really happy with it overall either, artifacts take too long to lv AND master lvs should be easier not take fucking relic forces to do some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom