cba toa

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Morchaoron said:
ToA is complete shit, i was stupid enough to buy it after all oh well at least now i know for sure i havent missed anything :puke: :puke:
Dont worry, I was stupid enough to buy it for two of my accounts and almost ordered it for 3rd :clap: One account closed already and no plans on renewing, totally lost my motivation to play Daoc thanks to ToA.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I'm not too happy with ToA atm either, altho I love the upgrade in world gfx, its brought out the greediness out in alot of people that are trying to get items cause they think they'll wtfpwn more with them.

As for artifacts, Zzz comes to mind, I've already farmed for a few days to get 4 scrolls I need, and just 1 artifact(inactive), went to check out the mobs that are ment to drop the fools bow, after an hour I gave up. Not even got any items to lvl up yet, god, I hate it, such a time waste.

I loved it when I could just log in when I felt like it, port out into HW and such, but now everyone is warning/telling me I must get ToA stuff to stand a chance, which means weeks worth of farming, weeks worth of lvling what you farm.

As a summary of my whining,

ToA gfx, YAY \o>
ToA as a whole :<

Rambo[DS]

Fledgling Freddie
Pio said:
I must say that I'm not missing RvR one bit and that ToA is fun and something new that the game needed so QQ

even me as well the "RvR freak" ...i agree.
i didnt liked TOA when 1st saw it, but as more i am playing that more i like it, reminds me the fun i had when i 1st went salisbury plains, and after long long time i play pve to have fun and not only for item hunt, cash farm etc...

for those who saw TOA and not like it... i suggest play a bit more. ;)

Misleath

Fledgling Freddie
Rambo[DS] said:
for those who saw TOA and not like it... i suggest play a bit more. ;)

Have to agree with that Rambo, after first day I almost deleted my chars, after second day I almost sold my account.

Also want to thank you for your ML2 raid which I never did, it was fun even tho we didn't manage 2.10 at that day.

Eroa

Banned
hmm.. sitt couple of hours wait to get a rvr group up or beeing able to play straight off... Think ill take toa and beeing able to actualy play the game i pay for insted of ideling waiting to get people to go rvr with.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
dont get me wrong: it is a very nice graphical improvement, hats off for the designers who created atlantis...

but the way the system is designed, yuck...
The concept of these ML quests is great but the way its done is really poor, i know there has to be a challenge but the challenge here mainly consists of getting a zerg together and having the patience to wait for a encounter to either pop or respawn (which can take ages).
And its not very motivating either to spend ages on levelling a good artifact (and even longer to get it) only to have it at a extremely low dur when its finally level 10, i wouldnt mind if they gave it a unlimited dur and increased the repair cost by x 20 or smt...

ToA is not for the casual player either, the l33ter you are the easier it will be to 'pharm' artifacts and get ML's...

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
after having toa for 2 weeks now i think i kinda am able to have an opinion

THe graphic improvement is great, costs me 218 EUR to get an 9800 pro but he, graphics was crap before and entering emain the first time with candy switched on is :worthy:

RvR is always crap after a patch so i didn't even bother to check so far

Solo / small guilds are having a very hard time and are dependend on random groups for MLs. :(

PvE is all new and fresh and i love it

the old zones are pretty death

so far toa scores a 7 out of 10 for me

Casbardh

Loyal Freddie
Its interesting to note that the addition of the /bg chat channel opens up a new level of communication.

From the old /s, /g, /gu, /c etc, we now have /bc on top.

What does this mean?

Well, it has inserted a new tier of chat in,which means you can have one battlegroup all in one chat group, and then another tier in /c for other co-ordinationg chat (if you can cope!).

Therefore, its odd that they didnt add this idea before. I think this might be a useful change to communication methods for Frontiers....

As for ToA in itself, a capitalistic expansion, for those with the buckets of time to spend getting there levels..if you have the time, your lucky and Its probably great fun!

Just another treadmill for the sake of remaining competitive, which is an end in itself admittably...

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
old.windforce said:
after having toa for 2 weeks now i think i kinda am able to have an opinion

THe graphic improvement is great, costs me 218 EUR to get an 9800 pro but he, graphics was crap before and entering emain the first time with candy switched on is :worthy:

WHERE??? :eek7:

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
I REALLY don´t like ToA atm.

Have been spending countless hours farming scrolls since release day and have gotten a total of 6 scrolls of those I need. Spent 7 hours farming battler 2/3, I am far over 12 hours now for shades 3/3.

Sure I like the new zones, the new mobs and so on, but I DON´T like spending countless hours farming just to be able to compete in RvR. By the time I have those artifacts I need I will probably be forced to go to DF and farm cash because my armor will most like be like paper by then.

Then we have the ML´s.... As for me with job, wife and kid it´s not easy to be able to sit 4-5 hours at prime time when everyone else are doing it so hence I get left behind. Not that I really need ML´s atm as my envenom isn´t at 50 so I can´t use the ML poisons until 1.68 patch goes live.

I enjoy expansions because they add things for ppl that want new things. ToA is more then an expansion imo. You shouldn´t be forced to spend countless hours again of something you really don´t like just because if you don´t you won´t get grps/be competative in RvR.

Oh well, this is just my oppinion ofc and I probably will continue spending all those hours during the nights to get the things that I want but I will hate every second of it.

But still ToA can kiss my :kissit:

remi

Fledgling Freddie
didnt like TOA at first either, then i enjoyed it for 5mins(such gfx) then the lagg, exping items and ML exp etc process started....sooo ZZZzzzz

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom