Interesting Patch coming soon making ToA stuff a lot easier (1.89b) :>

illu

Part of the furniture
Looks like it will be better to get some of those harder items, and it will be quicker to port around everywhere.
I like the idea of most of it will be able to be done by 1fg. I wonder if this means a lot more mobs are Focusable now?
And looks like a handy DD being added to Supp lines....hmmmmm

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/3041.shtml

Pendragon Is Up!

Posted By: Parizad Parav 2007-04-26 16:41:39

On this beautiful Thursday
The following notes we'd like to portray

===================================

Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.89b Release Notes
Suppression and Trials of Atlantis
April 26, 2007

===================================

This version begins a series of major adjustment to Trials of Atlantis to reduce player frustration and make the entire experience user friendly. To start, all Master Level and artifact encounters except those in Celestius can now be completed with a single group (Battlegroup credit has not been removed from any encounter that already granted it) and Celestius encounters will now only require two groups to complete.

Djinn stones and other teleportation methods have been added to many locations that were previously considered extremely difficult and time-consuming to reach, particularly with a single group. Later versions will include further adjustments, such as to the accessibility of commonly sought-after loot from these encounters.

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- Characters who are attacked by stealthed archers will now target the attacking archer, if the attacked player does not already have a target.

- Pets will no longer continue to attack a character after the character has stealthed.

- Pets will no longer "randomly" change to passive mode. This was caused by recent changes to the stealth system to remove a character from the monster's aggro list when the player has stealthed.

- The camera snapback speeds have been adjusted and the camera will now only snapback horizontally. Note: Players can toggle the snapback feature off and on with the /snapback (off|on) command.

- Players who hold both mouse buttons down at once will now move forward.

- The in-game /help menu has been updated.

USER INTERFACE NOTES

- The ability Dirty Tricks now has an icon.

- The ability Flurry now has an icon.

- The ability Triple Wield now has an icon.

- Trials of Atlantis Master Level and encounter bounty items no longer have a blank icon.

CLASS CHANGES AND FIXES

General

- A new line of Direct Damage (DD) spells has been added to Midgard’s Suppression baseline.

Level Name Target Cast/Duration/Recast Range/Radius Effect Cost
Spirit Burden Enemy 2.6/0/0s 1500 range 13 (Spirit) 3
6 Spirit Curse
Enemy 2.6/0/0s 1500 range 21 (Spirit) 4
9 Spirit Oppression Enemy 2.6/0/0s 1500 range 29 (Spirit) 5
12 Spirit Burial Enemy 2.6/0/0s 1500 range 37 (Spirit) 6
16 Soul Burden Enemy 2.6/0/0s 1500 range 49 (Spirit) 8
21 Soul Curse Enemy 2.6/0/0s 1500 range 64 (Spirit) 10
27 Soul Oppression Enemy 2.6/0/0s 1500 range 85 (Spirit) 14
34 Soul Burial Enemy 2.6/0/0s 1500 range 108 (Spirit) 19
43 Doom of Spirits Enemy 2.6/0/0s 1500 range 136 (Spirit) 23
48 Death of Souls Enemy 2.6/0/0s 1500 range 179 (Spirit) 30

- Two spells were removed from the baseline suppression line in order to make room for the DD spells.

4 Lesser Magic Shield
8 Disperse Strength

- The level 6 root spell, Diffuse Movement, in Midgard’s Suppression baseline has been moved to level 8.

CAMELOT CLASSIC WORLD NOTES

General - Albion

- Various structure and texture updates have been made in the Camelot Hills zone.

TRIALS OF ATLANTIS WORLD NOTES

Since the rediscovery of the planes of Atlantis, scholars have noticed that much of the magic of Atlantis has been weakening steadily. The scholars suspect that this has been an ongoing process for many years, long before the realms received their invitations to participate in the trials. Signs are beginning to show that the more powerful creatures of the planes are being directly affected by this and heroes attempting to complete the trials have found them to be much less difficult lately.

Even more fortuitous to the common adventurer has been the sudden appearance of new Djinn Stones across the lands. The Djinn bound to them seem to be a bit different somehow than others of their kind, but they appear just as willing to obey the ancient commands of their long dead Atlantean masters and provide magical transport those completing the trials. Coincidentally, friendly Tritons have even shown up in the Temple of Twilight offering magical transport around its underwater tunnels. An effort to find similar behavior among other Tritons has not yielded any positive results.

Encounters - General

- Several encounters have been made less difficult by adjusting spawn numbers, monster levels, and hit points. These encounters are listed below, specified by region.

Aerus Encounters

- Monsters involved in the following Master Level encounters have had their levels reduced: 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 8.6, 8.8, 8.10, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.4, 9.5, 9.6, and 9.10.

- Monsters involved in the following artifact encounters have had their levels reduced: Braggart's Bow, Flamedancer's Boots, Foppish Sleeves, Guard of Valor, Jacina's Sash, and Shield of Khaos.

- The sons of Creon for ML 8.5 have gotten much braver over the years and are now willing to fight their own battles when danger is about (they can now be single-pulled).

- The search for Agne's Torso for ML 8.7 among the self-maintaining statue should no longer be so lengthy.

- The Generator Operator's walk has slowed down to more of a crawl (during ML 9.10).

- Eramai has decided to stop asking for music boxes as he's already collected quite a large pile of them. The Cloudsong pre-quest is no longer necessary to get encounter credit for the artifact and will no longer be offered by Destin.

- New Djinn Stones can be found near the following encounters: 9.1 (at the entrance), 9.3, 9.4, 9.5, and 9.6

- The one-way Djinn Stones near the following encounters can now be ported to: 8.10 and 9.10

Oceanus Encounters

- Monsters involved with the following Master Level (ML) encounters have had their levels reduced: 2.9, 3.2, 3.4, 3.5, 3.8, and 3.10.

- Monsters involved with the following artifact encounters have had their levels reduced: Arms of the Winds, Atlantis Tablet, Bracelet of Zo'arkat, Ceremonial Bracers, Crown of Zahur, and Night's Shroud Bracelet.

- The gorgon Casta (for ML 3.3), will no longer cast her Area-Effect (AE) bolt. Her necklace has also become more fragile and prone to breaking in combat.

- The amount of immature and Bonerending Barracudas that spawn for ML 3.6 has been reduced.

- The length of Medusa's stun has been greatly reduced. The damage done by the associated Damage-Over-Time (DOT) spell has also been reduced.

- Ki'atra and the Nervous Ketos (Uilani) have disappeared as the magic holding them to the planes has faded. Coincidentally, the door to the sunken ship Kythera resides in (for the Night's Shroud Bracelet) is no longer locked. Players may now simply enter the ship to combat her.

- Sadri the Traitor (for Traitor's Dagger) may now only be found near Traldor's Temple and will no longer run away to other locations.

- New Djinn Stones can be found near the following Master Level encounters: 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, and 3.9

- Players may now port to the Djinn Stones near the following encounters: 1.10, 2.8, and 2.10. Note: Previously these Djinn stones were designated as one-way return teleport only.

- The Triton Altruists can now be found near the following encounters: 3.6, 3.7, 3.8, and 3.9.

Stygia Encounters

- Monsters involved in the following Master Level encounters have had their levels reduced: 4.5, 4.6. 4.8, 4.9, 4.10, 5.2, and 5.10.

- Monsters involved in the following artifact encounters have had their levels reduced: Crocodile's Tooth Dagger, Golden Spear, and Stone of Atlantis.

- The Echo of Duamutef for ML 5.2 will no longer split as often.

- Ammut (ML 5.10) will no longer summon as many Esenitu Au-mets, Zeperu Au-mets, or Summoned Black Crocodiles.

- A new Djinn Stone can be found near the entrance inside the Halls of Ma'ati.

- Players may now port to the Djinn Stones in the Land of Atum near the entrance to the Halls of Ma'ati and within the Halls of Ma'ati near Ammut. Note: Previously these Djinn stones were designated as one-way return teleport only.

Volcanus Encounters

- Monsters involved in the following Master Level encounters have had their levels reduced: 6.3, 6.6, 6.7, 6.8, 6.9, 6.10, 7.7, 7.8, and 7.10.

- Monsters involved in the following artifact encounters have had their levels reduced: Battler, Bruiser, Erinys Charm, and Tartaros' Gift.

- After constantly being ignored and never allowed to fight intruders, Vazul's Master Trapsmith has removed the fire traps from around the gates of Vazul's Fortress (for 7.9) in protest.

- The endurance challenges (MLs 7.3, 7.4, 7.5, and 7.6) now only require 5 minutes of survival instead of 10.

- Typhon (7.10) will now become vulnerable for a longer period of time after his essence has been hit.

- The monster Battler will no longer gain as many levels by killing players.

- The true Bruiser will now periodically send an emote to players standing nearby, making it much easier to find.

- New Djinn Stones can be found near the following encounters: 6.3, 6.7, 6.9, and in the southwest and northeast Mediator rooms.

- Players may now port to the Djinn Stones near the following encounters: 6.10, 7.8, and 7.10. Note: Previously these Djinn stones were designated as one-way return teleport only.

Celestius Encounters

- All Celestius encounter monsters have had their levels reduced.

- Leo will no longer split as often.

CATACOMBS WORLD NOTES

Quests - Midgard

- Into the Crypt - Journal entries for this quest will now properly reference the player's destination as the Deadlands.

gohan

FH is my second home
yeh but in the patch before that you can buy mls :p

sounds good but at rr5 ive still only had enought bp for ml7 and thats with doign ml1 and 2 in grp + i did all my artis an bought the books bp's have been spent souly on ML's

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
sounds good but at rr5 ive still only had enought bp for ml7 and thats with doign ml1 and 2 in grp + i did all my artis an bought the books bp's have been spent souly on ML's

But on the US with 300% rp bonus people have been getting rr5 in a day....

uron

Loyal Freddie
time for a nec and bot to be able to farm most mobs, due to alot having levels reduced, and the annoying bits removed. necro'ing ML10 in the future?

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
ML10 is doable with 1 fg anyway ;p at least in hib ;p

Uron posted: time for a nec and bot to be able to farm most mobs, due to alot having levels reduced, and the annoying bits removed. necro'ing ML10 in the future?

Yeah try meleeing Draco with your uber pet and see if u gonna like it. Hence imagine 10 necros doing it. I can see few bones floating in the air burned :)

Mck

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
well looks like the end of big PVE raids for all realm tbh and that how i met a fair few of my in game friends in the past so cant say its going to be 100% good but it will fix the price rocketing that happened on usa servers due to no one doing ml steps (hence no drops)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Nice, a shame it's so late though. Alot of these toa changes should of been made in the first 2 weeks of ToA expansion, not the first 2 years.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
thergador said:
well looks like the end of big PVE raids for all realm tbh

I imagine there will still be bg raids. They probably won't get the same attendance as before but it's always going to be faster doing the steps with 30 people than with 8.
I've found that i've made much better friends doing the pre-steps in the past, since you don't just join a group and have half of it stuck up afk, so don't think that side will completely disappear.

Fifta

Fledgling Freddie
Still waiting for the patch that removes all other ml's than ml10 from the game so that you receive all ml's by just doing ml10 :C

leviathane

Part of the furniture
well they making toa so easymode anyway you won't have to buy the ml's i mean you'll be able to do ml1-9 as a fg

illu

Part of the furniture
omg still playing illu????
thought you left the game

Still here :> Crafting at the moment, my /as can vouch for my whining as to how long it is taking (Alch 50pts/hr, Weapcrafting 40pts/hr, SCing 25pts/hr FFS) and playing God of War II :> I'll be on the battlefield again soon, probably in a week or 2. And I need to fit in a new vid soon......So much to do and no time :/

Oli - Illu

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom