What was the most powerful post ToA set up ?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
best setup was by far 8 /level 20 theurgs on camlann :< Aoln's idea ofcourse... fun days :p nothing like seeing a fully templated bd's health fall so fast his pets can't outheal the damage from 30-40 lvl 16-18 pets.

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
It's fun trying out all the new patches tho, and actually having ingame support and CSR's that actually give 2 shits is very nice also. :)
Theres still plenty of things to fight even at US off peak hours seeing as so many people have rerolled US servers already. :)
People might not respect FG fights as much as on .DE servers but i'm not giving another cent of my cash to GoA till they sort the Euro servers out. :)

true about the patches, thats something positive atleast. (except shitty ui changes)

but funny thing is, remember when uk admins said they cant give credit for bugged arti's/ml's? has happened several times on .de servers (them giving credit that is), there's gm's around quite a lot (havent needed one in a while tho)

true about GOA too, i hate the fact im paying them but .de servers is in such a different state than the uk server its just silly, feel like it's 2 different companies running them heh

if you still want to play daoc (in any form) but cant tolerate GOA, then go US
but if you can stand GOA and want proper fg action, DE all the way!

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
lol, your so fucking serious. Ive been taking the piss out of you from the first post, and your still writing predictable replies.. Im afraid if you look back over this funny thread, it is indeed you that looks illogical & not illusional, but dillusional. Thanks for making a fool of yourself for the 3rd time in this thread.

cant really go around reading this forum and actully belive people are taking the piss just because it looks like it, or maybe its just me beeing unlucky having read to much crap from people who are quite frankly dumb.. cant really see your posts deviating from them :<

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
the most powerful grps were those who ran consistantly. just because you ran two nights 14months ago and think it was rox does not mean it was the best. you need to give the other realms a chance to adapt. give it perhaps a month with that setup and see how you would have done. the best setups were the regular grps. those who had regular grps know who they were. only one or two mid grps and one or two hib grps come to mind. mebbe one alb grp but that was apocalypse dudes and that was a long long time ago :)

Kinag

Part of the furniture
thats why the "oh so powerful" setup you mention dont sound logic to me.. Never meet you ever except in the "normal zones".. which then never had that setup.. so I find it to have little relevance in reality because majority of the 8v8 in the specified time period you mentioned was in other zones then the most populated "free for all" ones.

Don't know if I'm misunderstanding you here, but when I played with AoD on prydwen we were in Agramon quite often, but when there was nothing to be found we would (obviously) go to the more zergy spots to kill off some of the zergs. I can't recall a single event where we would run with an alb zerg, unless this was out of some keep after buffing up. :)

uneducated

Fledgling Freddie
2 champs 2 bms lighteld 2druids+bard was very fun when we made some groups afew months ago, tankgrp as hib is just really really fun:)

However, about the strongest setup part i have to agree with vf, that setup is seriously hard to kill, even though the groups running ; reaver arms merc/minstrel,sorc caba theurg, cleric cleric/friar is alot more fun to fight:)

Collateral

Fledgling Freddie
Don't know if I'm misunderstanding you here, but when I played with AoD on prydwen we were in Agramon quite often, but when there was nothing to be found we would (obviously) go to the more zergy spots to kill off some of the zergs. I can't recall a single event where we would run with an alb zerg, unless this was out of some keep after buffing up. :)

!!!

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
haha i was the sub cabby on 2nd night, was in guild with razor at time i think, gogo the mega rr4 rofler (but was ml10^^)

can anyone say how long they think daocs gonna live out in the USA?

if we'r saying its officially dead here in the UK, then how long till the same scenario is gonna happen over there?

might roll somethin in a month or so if its worth the while, just cba if WAR is gonna 100% kill the game

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
can anyone say how long they think daocs gonna live out in the USA?

if we'r saying its officially dead here in the UK, then how long till the same scenario is gonna happen over there?

A couple of months.

Some very good games coming out within the next few weeks, no need to wait for Warhammer to kill DAoC.

Right_Eye

Banned
This thread was fun to read at the start but got boreing :(

In keeping with the ego boost style ill say me.

dotz LOL
gingy LOL
whiterazor LOL

its like you took the worst possible people on caba possible and put them all in a group and told them to mash F8 and because there were 3 of them they actually managed to kill something.

the most powerful grps were those who ran consistantly. just because you ran two nights 14months ago and think it was rox does not mean it was the best.

or just fuck that and listen to pip, he knows what hes talking about

Zede

Part of the furniture
This thread was fun to read at the start but got boreing :(

In keeping with the ego boost style ill say me.

dotz LOL
gingy LOL
whiterazor LOL

its like you took the worst possible people on caba possible and put them all in a group and told them to mash F8 and because there were 3 of them they actually managed to kill something.

or just fuck that and listen to pip, he knows what hes talking about

Thats the point ! With our 2 utterly clueless RR11 Cabas, we could still win every fight, and lets not mention the other RR11 headless chickens.

Never said this group was the best, just the most powerful !

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Midget Mafia! they totally rocked with their setup before purge was in :p

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Thats the point ! With our 2 utterly clueless RR11 Cabas, we could still win every fight, and lets not mention the other RR11 headless chickens.

Never said this group was the best, just the most powerful !

Please don't quote this idiot, I have him on ignore and always feel the urge to respond when I see him because someone quotes him. He has run the worst adding caster group in Emain that was a pure joke, all the SMs stuck to him like his pets, one blue AoE spell interrupting them all.

Obviously a player like Gingy never had any trouble nuking the crap out of Brite on his BD.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Valgyr:

1) Play Hib Limors more
2) Drop one of your exsiting druids
3) Invite me
4) RP PL me to rr10
5) Continue to blame Nata for any screw ups

:D

Right_Eye

Banned
Please don't quote this idiot, I have him on ignore and always feel the urge to respond when I see him because someone quotes him. He has run the worst adding caster group in Emain that was a pure joke, all the SMs stuck to him like his pets, one blue AoE spell interrupting them all.

Obviously a player like Gingy never had any trouble nuking the crap out of Brite on his BD.

That "adding caster group" we run for a few weeks was for fun and the farm the idiot zerg at crim bowl but had some nice fights vs FL AoD and others, you were obviously part of that zerg and didnt like it too much :( POOR MANISCH! :( The funny thing is that for all your play time you have been a zerging little shit and nothing else, most noticably in the evita group with your 1trickponyreaveraddbombanddie tactics. Manisch complaining about adding/zerging, it's like Hitler complaining about racism.

team conclave and best grp in the same sentance, priceless!

I found that rather comical aswell, farm zergs when competition is out, competition leaves, WE ARE TEH BEST! If they are anything above mediocre then dotz and gingy are the most skilled players in the world.

DISCLAIMER: If you quote this manisch will mention how im on ignore and rant about some other meaningless shit.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
I found that rather comical aswell, farm zergs when competition is out, competition leaves, WE ARE TEH BEST! If they are anything above mediocre then dotz and gingy are the most skilled players in the world.

DISCLAIMER: If you quote this manisch will mention how im on ignore and rant about some other meaningless shit.
Rofl as usual your drivel gives me a smile Brite :kissit: Tell me, when have TC EVER claimed anything, we never claimed to be leet, average, nothing. My initial post in this thread stated that was the setup and ppl we had the most success with, nothing more.

What was it we ever did to piss you off so much? Where do you get these ideas we dont want FG fights when we actively go looking for, and have had clean fights with every enemy group out there in the time we rvr'd actively INCLUDING your own hib grp? Like all groups when we roam for 10+ mins and find nothing we emptied out a bridge of surfed the zerg etc.

So much sarcasm and dislike for our grp but i cant think of a single thing we did to get you so wound up you have to insult us wherever you can. I'm hoping its not because we beat your hib grp a lot but im sure you only lost because of (insert random 1337boys excuse for losing a fight even tho its 99% bullshit and we just got owned fairly but cant face it).

Calo

Part of the furniture
damnit, why can't I give bluesky unlimited reputation :worthy:

Brite as usual totally owned and I wonder what his excuse will be.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Brite you need to either get a life or get a gf so you sound less bitter

Right_Eye

Banned
Rofl as usual your drivel gives me a smile Brite :kissit: Tell me, when have TC EVER claimed anything, we never claimed to be leet, average, nothing. My initial post in this thread stated that was the setup and ppl we had the most success with, nothing more.

What was it we ever did to piss you off so much? Where do you get these ideas we dont want FG fights when we actively go looking for, and have had clean fights with every enemy group out there in the time we rvr'd actively INCLUDING your own hib grp? Like all groups when we roam for 10+ mins and find nothing we emptied out a bridge of surfed the zerg etc.

So much sarcasm and dislike for our grp but i cant think of a single thing we did to get you so wound up you have to insult us wherever you can. I'm hoping its not because we beat your hib grp a lot but im sure you only lost because of (insert random 1337boys excuse for losing a fight even tho its 99% bullshit and we just got owned fairly but cant face it).

My comments werent aimed at your post, i didnt even read your post it was based on peoples comments about TC.

Aika said something about being bitter but thats not what its about. its about credit being given where its deserved and i dont think it is deserved on the level of being "one of the best groups". Fair play for putting a group out over an extended period of time when the server was pretty dead and having the will power to do that.

I was supprised when i came back after a break that SC where regarded as a guild group, nevermind a good one because you guys had always been a roleplayer "nice guys irl" type guild, i knew you had groups out before but had never seen you roaming in agramon and the group was only noticed a while after peoples exile to german servers.

Your group DID claim that it was competative now and would give all the old groups a run for thier money and so on. I also know for a fact that it was members of your group's aim was to overtake Maelstrom and be #1 in RPs. Also i know bragged a hell of a lot on the alliance and so on. Don't really want to bring this crap up but if your going to lie bare faced simply to try and argue against me i dont see why i shouldn't.

As for the question what did you do to piss me off so much, thats really not for here and more of a personal thing. If you really want to know you can PM me and ask me. Theres a couple of members of your group i like and a couple i dont, but you seem to be relating that to my opinions of your group as players. My opinion of you as people has nothing to do with my opinion of you as players.

As for playing against me as a hib i think i only met your group in fights after rr6 or so where i played with AE players. The way you guys play was very easy to beat AE players back then.

On inc you guys sosed usually, the whole group would charge in even the casters and would interupt and split assist. AE simply would not listen and didnt spread well on inc and even with a caster heavy setup simply couldnt get free to drop targets. Niether side played well at all but you would win simply because AE wouldnt adapt to win against your tactics.

A group with a clue would be able to deal with it and exploit the errors which you had been used to getting away with for such a long time because you hadn't been tested. Such as Tesla; he simply sticks one target and spams everything. Nate; you dont really notice him after the initial insta. Perly; always aggressive doesnt know how to BG mayaswell be warlord. Ozill; way too aggressive for an auger. Casters; poor positioning all round.

Its because you never were tested that you didnt correct these errors, you must realise that and thats why im saying your not one of the best groups.

Said my peice not going to bother replying unless theres something worth replying to.

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved
My comments werent aimed at your post, i didnt even read your post it was based on peoples comments about TC.

Aika said something about being bitter but thats not what its about. its about credit being given where its deserved and i dont think it is deserved on the level of being "one of the best groups". Fair play for putting a group out over an extended period of time when the server was pretty dead and having the will power to do that.

I was supprised when i came back after a break that SC where regarded as a guild group, nevermind a good one because you guys had always been a roleplayer "nice guys irl" type guild, i knew you had groups out before but had never seen you roaming in agramon and the group was only noticed a while after peoples exile to german servers.

Your group DID claim that it was competative now and would give all the old groups a run for thier money and so on. I also know for a fact that it was members of your group's aim was to overtake Maelstrom and be #1 in RPs. Also i know bragged a hell of a lot on the alliance and so on. Don't really want to bring this crap up but if your going to lie bare faced simply to try and argue against me i dont see why i shouldn't.

As for the question what did you do to piss me off so much, thats really not for here and more of a personal thing. If you really want to know you can PM me and ask me. Theres a couple of members of your group i like and a couple i dont, but you seem to be relating that to my opinions of your group as players. My opinion of you as people has nothing to do with my opinion of you as players.

As for playing against me as a hib i think i only met your group in fights after rr6 or so where i played with AE players. The way you guys play was very easy to beat AE players back then.

On inc you guys sosed usually, the whole group would charge in even the casters and would interupt and split assist. AE simply would not listen and didnt spread well on inc and even with a caster heavy setup simply couldnt get free to drop targets. Niether side played well at all but you would win simply because AE wouldnt adapt to win against your tactics.

A group with a clue would be able to deal with it and exploit the errors which you had been used to getting away with for such a long time because you hadn't been tested. Such as Tesla; he simply sticks one target and spams everything. Nate; you dont really notice him after the initial insta. Perly; always aggressive doesnt know how to BG mayaswell be warlord. Ozill; way too aggressive for an auger. Casters; poor positioning all round.

Its because you never were tested that you didnt correct these errors, you must realise that and thats why im saying your not one of the best groups.

Said my peice not going to bother replying unless theres something worth replying to.

Plenty of things to comment on here...

Savage Conclave has had 2 set groups. Neither had members purely from Savage Conclave. Savage Conclave has never been, or will ever be, a "leet" guild. We've always had room for all kinds of players.

The two groups was Team Savage and Team Conclave. Neither had members purely from Savage Conclave and some members was even in both groups. Team Savage was also known as the Summer Group for a while.

Noone has ever claimed that SC was l33t, or even that TC was l33t. Doubt we've ever bragged on alliance.

Most of us in TC has run with the group from RR1 and onwards to RR11, afaik it's the longest running group. People like yourself who are to unable to see beyond the whine wont ever change, but less trying to slander SC. You just come across as bitter, as usual.

As for our playstyle, it works for us. I for one know I play very aggressive as a warrior in TC. When in other groups I play diffrently. Being a BD I guess you know all about skill though, BD being a hard class and all.

preacherboy

Fledgling Freddie
TBH never care to much for 8v8, Never really knew Blue, and never spoke to him much in game:D But imo Blue seemed like a very nice guy, never seem to act like I'm god, unlike Brite, If you took some time Brite to read what you type maybe one day you will realise what a complete and utter walley you really are:p /WANK SPIT /WANK SPIT /WANK SPIT... WE ARE THE BEST /WANK SPIT /WANK SPIT... WE ARE THE BEST...Rinse repeat 24/7:p FFS GIVE US ALL A BREAK:puke:

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie

ok comments taken on board but a few comments to add:

While we may not have been one of the best groups in your opinion we played as an extremely aggressive push grp and this worked well for us against all the groups that were out when we were like FL, TT, NFD, LA, AE, Desaevo, CM, etc etc im sure theres others i've forgot but in general our playstyle suited the people and the group setup and we definitely won a lot more than we lost so in general we were happy with it.

I agree we most likely have said we were competative and i stand by that as its true but as for bragging on alliance I dunno what your on about tho. A couple of the group have mentioned we have more rp's than Maelstrom players yeah but when your at the top of the rp ladder (and the best group too which imo Maelstrom were, before, and WITH Groove players) then you will expectedly get ppl wanting to reach those rp levels even if you cant reach their gameplay standards. Nothing wrong with that and considering it took us so long to get there again i dont see any issue. Maelstrom stopped being as active as us a lot earlier so it was probably inevitable anyway some of them would be overtaken on rp's.

As I'm sure you would point out rp does not necessarily equal skill but it can help along with determination and endurance especially for a bunch of gimps like us who never claim to be l33t but play for fun and entertainment hehe ;)

Finally the Savage Conclave groups you may have known better from the times you were more active were NOT the same as the group I ran with from early this year so this is also where some confusion may have come from.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
sad to see the arguing here tbh, I've always respected both Mael and SC, different people with different attitudes and skillsets and mindsets but nonetheless, all good players in different ways in my book, Mael for beeing the extreme "vinnarskallar" (liked the old Mael with crazy remi best tho hehe), SC for beeing around for such a long time doing their own thing.

Just appreciate people for what they really are imo and drop the silly elitist attitude that have no room anywhere anymore. There was a time on old Pryd and Excal where there was room for such things and imo it actually did brought something to the game (more competative natures was shaped which actually forced better gameplay overall if you compare vs US for example) but now Dyvet is dead and it all is memories now. Leave it at that.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Valgyr:

5) Continue to blame Nata for any screw ups

:D

those days are gone!

pure lies. every pm i ever got from kraben was some pwnstory from the old glory days.

(j/k, before thor strikes me down :))

do me, do me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom