TOA Experts

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Ok. Say I was to consider playing again - in Thid - and I wanted to boost my hits cos that is really all I care about. What do I look for with regard to TOA stuff in the Housing Zone. What search would I carry out etc?

Illudian

Fledgling Freddie
Search on toa bonuses and stat cap. You'll want to be looking for items with + con cap increase. In the catacombs area you should be able to buy +cap stuff. With aurulite ofc.

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Wot do I type in then? Toa bonuses? Wot aurulite gotta to with it?

VampiiricMist

Fledgling Freddie
remember. it HAS to be rogs... so what you do is search for stuff with "stat caps" or "hits cap" on it.. find something with str-con-dex-cap thats called something rog-like ;) like "bladeblocker willfull boots" or whatever..

noblok

Part of the furniture
- mordom's heart, necklace: +20 hp-cap (drops from gem of lost memories encounter -ToA)
- spellbound cobalt cloak : +20 hp-cap (is bought with aurulite - catacombs)
- luminary's charm of defense, jewel: +32 hp-cap (drops from a mob in catacombs)
- ROG's, there are these boxes where you can select bonuses. Select either stat cap or hits cap. 1 con should give around ~1.7 hp. To recognise a ROG, delve the info, it says "unique item" on top of the box, if I remember correctly.

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Aurilite=Catacombs? Is this an addon you have to buy or is the stuff in the Housing Zone anyways?

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
Catacombs is an add on which you have to buy, to go to the area's where the Catacombs merchants are, so if you want some nice +stat items, you'll need catacombs too :)

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
once upon a time, you could make a char, not need to toa it. or cata it.. and play with fun in thid!

once upon a time you needed no buffbots!

Bowmaden

Fledgling Freddie
PM me in game Thugs (Jooor is my Healer)

I'll pickup any catac items you need and show you what to look for

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Nice of you. Will take you up on that offer probably if I log on again. Nearly did last night after necking a load of lager. Trouble is I got access to 3 accounts - 2 of mine and one of my girlies - and for the life of me I couldn't remember which my sb was on :drink: . Booze for you.

CuddleBunny!

Banned
LOL! fucking class! :D for one year you been whining about toa infils etc. xD
you allways been, and will allways be - a fucking retard

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Not sure wot you mean by that. It is incredibly hard to kill opponents if they are buffed never mind toa'd as well. Toa'd makes the task far too bloody hard. Infs running around with more hits than buffed warriors etc? Game stinks. I can handle most situations agains't buffed sc'd opponents but the same ones with TOA as well are just far too much. All it takes is a few fights against such as that and I have had enough. Knackered. It just isn't fun. Toa shouldn't effect players in Thid but it does. The idea of 100-150 extra hits in unbuffed form sure is attractive and would help balance the equation for sure. Can't see me activating my account for a while yet but you never know.

Afran

Part of the furniture
MKJ said:
Infs running around with more hits than buffed warriors etc?

Maybe if the warr had 0 con at creation, and had no +con/hp items :x

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
MKJ said:
Not sure wot you mean by that. It is incredibly hard to kill opponents if they are buffed never mind toa'd as well. Toa'd makes the task far too bloody hard. Infs running around with more hits than buffed warriors etc? Game stinks. I can handle most situations agains't buffed sc'd opponents but the same ones with TOA as well are just far too much. All it takes is a few fights against such as that and I have had enough. Knackered. It just isn't fun. Toa shouldn't effect players in Thid but it does. The idea of 100-150 extra hits in unbuffed form sure is attractive and would help balance the equation for sure. Can't see me activating my account for a while yet but you never know.

well m8 my thid NS does pretty good..but i spent like 8-10p on the temp he is wearing alone..(dont ask how many temps i had..literally cant remember)...but lvl 40 cata aurulite rings/bracer etc..are really good ...coz they give +4 <stat> cap and most give 32 hits..so u will cap ur hits quickly..then all u need is 1 or 2 more items to get hits caps..then get lvl 28-31 99% armor ...get it overcharged..get charges on ur armor for wen u pop on 2-3 casters so u can interupt that mezzer etc..and bobs ur uncle u got a 1337 assassin in thid...cya out there :p

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
(invisibletank) said:
well m8 my thid NS does pretty good..but i spent like 8-10p on the temp he is wearing alone..(dont ask how many temps i had..literally cant remember)...but lvl 40 cata aurulite rings/bracer etc..are really good ...coz they give +4 <stat> cap and most give 32 hits..so u will cap ur hits quickly..then all u need is 1 or 2 more items to get hits caps..then get lvl 28-31 99% armor ...get it overcharged..get charges on ur armor for wen u pop on 2-3 casters so u can interupt that mezzer etc..and bobs ur uncle u got a 1337 assassin in thid...cya out there :p

I wonder if you cap empathy and charisma with your lurikeen if you still have to OC your level 30 99% qua armor to cap everything?

TriggerHappy

Fledgling Freddie
tbh mate all u need is about 2p get ur SC done cap resists, and skill points then go to housing... and buy and inventory full of unique objects with crazy over caps and for u wep MOURNIN RAGE there is no need to cap hits imo.. cause after uve hit them with that they aint gonna be able to stand never mind swing a swod at ya :p

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
TriggerHappy said:
tbh mate all u need is about 2p get ur SC done cap resists, and skill points then go to housing... and buy and inventory full of unique objects with crazy over caps and for u wep MOURNIN RAGE there is no need to cap hits imo.. cause after uve hit them with that they aint gonna be able to stand never mind swing a swod at ya :p

This is the problem...

Mournin Rage is 6 Speed... Which Means around 400 Damage PA on Casters etc. Being 6 Speed it means your normal Melee hits will land for 150ish on Nightshades and Infiltrators. While they will Melee you back for 120ish every 3 Seconds and have a chance to Double hit and 2 Poisons instead of 1.

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Well I played a few sbs that used the 'Big Axe' and to be honest with you if you came across an inf that was in good gear and had the af buff up your damage would be less than the combined damage that the inf could do with both weapons. Infact a lot of the time you would be lucky to match his main hand damage if he or she was using a slow weapon. Don't forget agains't lots of infs str takes a hammering if they hit you with weakening poison. Just one evade and tis game over for you for sure. Personally I would play like this:

Perf - bs with 2 weapons. 2 poisons with weakening on the offhand. You can still do major damage with 3.7 speed mainhand and 2.4 offhand. Or even slower mainhand. The fast offhand will help your recovery.

Soon as the first attack is done swap to the Mourning Rage axe to hit with Garote.

You have now belted your opponent with 3 weapons and 3 poisons in a very short time. The combined effect will be higher than your one attack with the Mourning Rage axe (not always admittedly). I would use the big axe when you have to hit and run like at a keep take for example.

You can always swap back to 2 weapons and repeat the process to offset the delay from using just the one big axe.

TriggerHappy

Fledgling Freddie
lol u spent 8-10p on a thid toon :p
spent about 3p, and my stats rox tbh. 223 str 190 con... i hit for a load with no qui items on during PA, an my garrote with MR axe can 2/3 hit most light tanks, took out a champ in 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom