[RANT] BW are balanced!

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
It was a more well thought out reply than the reply it was originally intended to reply to :wanker:

Yup just as i thought...run out of smart ass answers so resorting to being just silly and rude.:kissit:

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Yup just as i thought...run out of smart ass answers so resorting to being just silly and rude.:kissit:

No not at all, if anything my smart ass answers have an unlimited supply according to my friends and family. Just feel we've been here before and I'm confident that everybody is sick of you banging the same drum, so one word/sentence answers is all I need.

gohan

FH is my second home
Shame scenarios are so unrewarding ;)

WTF

on my level 22 BW ive topped 100k damage in tor anroc about 10 times

most xp ive got is like 14k... and thats with 3-4 solo kills throught in and 15 or so deathblows

also most renown is like 1k your get 2-3k

Afran

Part of the furniture
He said look.

I know what he said, but in the context "look shite" could also mean in terms of how powerful they are, which is how I obviously interpreted it, sorry if I was wrong!

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Copy and paste job straight from homepage description of BW:

" YOU will be the Empire’s greatest weapon! A Pyromancer! Your fire will incinerate the enemy, and purge the unclean! Do not! Be late! For class!"

Interpret how you want.

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
bw291008.jpg

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Well then that's settled. Any class that doesn't show Pen as the bottom of every column is clearly overpowered :p

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
I know what he said, but in the context "look shite" could also mean in terms of how powerful they are, which is how I obviously interpreted it, sorry if I was wrong!

I interpreted it as he wrote it and he did say look and I happen to agree with him on that point :) Destro > Order by far when it comes to graphical design of the classes. Can perhaps argue that Order is underpowered in that department? ;) Seeing that destro have slightly higher population.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
just up the backlash chance on 100/100 dark magick to 100% and then up the damage done by it so they cant run around with capped dark magic without actually suffer from it.

right now, atleast on my sorc, the chance to actually get a backlash from it isnt nearly as high as it says. and the damage i get from it, while it hurts alittle if someone is attacking me at the same time, isnt all that much of a concern if i'm left alone to nuke.

That would hurt casters trying to level up though. Its a pain at times as is now, all it takes is alittle bad luck and things go pearshaped pretty quickly :) Had a streak of 9 backlashes in a row today while trying to do a quest. (yea, I cursed alot) With your suggestion there must be an easy way to drain out the comb/DM aswell (an instant pbaespell instead of a targetted one would be a good way.), or it will be a major pain for those that dont have a pockethealer/GG to run with. Most of the scenarios I run, I run with no healing at all available since there's a lack of healers in destro/Azgal. The change you propose would mean a near unplayable class with the current mechanic.

I'd rather see crit/backlashrate/damagerate locked at 25%/50% instead of the 50%/100% as it is now, since its the crits that are abit too much as it stands right now. Then just remove some utility from the DPScasters and give them to magus/Engineers instead for example, or perhaps even healers.

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie

The most annoying thing about this picture isn't the BW's damage done. It's a healer with 63k healing and only 6.7k experience, and 314 renown for keeping their entire warband up, participating in getting the 440 points. See you in a month or two.

I

icetronix

Ok so dont get me wrong i DO think BW are OP,but i just wanted to post this to show that sorcs can put out some nice DPS also :)
PWN-1.jpg

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

lol, even with the win bonus XP dest got u still got more from a loss :) now thats balanced ;)

so basically what all these screenshots show is, fuck teamplay. doing damage and getting as many kills as possible is the way to go.

Afran

Part of the furniture

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
A lot of these comments about overpowered classes are being made by people who have been in scenarios and played with crap support. They got a jolly good rogering and want to have some internet drama to make themselves feel better.

Now someone tell me how do you think the BW lives long enough to do that damage?

Do you think he stands on some huge tier out in the middle of the zone immune to damage and able to unleash flames on all and sundry? I am afraid not. What is basically happening is your team fucked up. You were trying to kill the wrong thing or were probably not even assisting....

What happens in a lot of those scenarios is some combination of the following (all of which are common on both sides of the fence btw):

a) your team mates try to dry hump the heavily armoured leg of the opposition tanks and ignore the soft squishy mages, meanwhile mage gets to nuke you to oblivion freely without even being targetted
b) your team mates go after easy rps like the rogue classes
c) they actually do target the BW or caster and the caster gets healed by a decent set of healers in their group.

What you are seeing is stupidity nothing else. If a BW has all day to stand and nuke the crap out of you then you and all your team mates are too stupid to be able to pass comments such as 'nerf BW....'.

Sorry but thats how it is.

Shark

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
A lot of these comments about overpowered classes are being made by people who have been in scenarios and played with crap support. They got a jolly good rogering and want to have some internet drama to make themselves feel better.

Now someone tell me how do you think the BW lives long enough to do that damage?

Do you think he stands on some huge tier out in the middle of the zone immune to damage and able to unleash flames on all and sundry? I am afraid not. What is basically happening is your team fucked up. You were trying to kill the wrong thing or were probably not even assisting....

What happens in a lot of those scenarios is some combination of the following (all of which are common on both sides of the fence btw):

a) your team mates try to dry hump the heavily armoured leg of the opposition tanks and ignore the soft squishy mages, meanwhile mage gets to nuke you to oblivion freely without even being targetted
c) they actually do target the BW or caster and the caster gets healed by a decent set of healers in their group.

What you are seeing is stupidity nothing else. If a BW has all day to stand and nuke the crap out of you then you and all your team mates are too stupid to be able to pass comments such as 'nerf BW....'.

Shark

Load of tripe.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus

Shark

:iagree:

Lethul

FH is my second home
all fine here...

To be fair that looks like a groove guild group or something? Even me recognize a lot of names and i don't even play war :p

I know from daoc that gg vs randoms isn't really what you should balance the game around. But then again if Netcode manages to kill stuff using BW then surely BW is overpowered :p

Ging

Part of the furniture
To be fair that looks like a groove guild group or something? Even me recognize a lot of names and i don't even play war :p

I know from daoc that gg vs randoms isn't really what you should balance the game around. But then again if Netcode manages to kill stuff using BW then surely BW is overpowered :p

I agree!

P.S. less QQ you maggots!

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie

Shark

I agree with a lot of what you say Shark - the factors you describe have the affect as you describe. I don't think that rules out BWs being OP though. I'm not convinced they are, or they aren't, but some of the people saying they are OP are BWs themselves, which is usually a sign.

I'm interested - what things would indicate to you that are class is overpowered?

aika

Can't get enough of FH
I agree with a lot of what you say Shark - the factors you describe have the affect as you describe. I don't think that rules out BWs being OP though. I'm not convinced they are, or they aren't, but some of the people saying they are OP are BWs themselves, which is usually a sign.

I'm interested - what things would indicate to you that are class is overpowered?

warlocks in daoc, prenerf quadhit rate on savages, LA styles prenerf - nothing like that in WAR yet

rynnor

Rockhound
warlocks in daoc, prenerf quadhit rate on savages, LA styles prenerf - nothing like that in WAR yet

These things all took a fair while to be realised though - LA was what a year down the line? Savages was fairly subtle too - warlocks were the most blatant but even they had a few months.

So its fairly likely that similar problems exist in WAR but have not yet really surfaced - usually needs some folk to do extensive testing and produce a lot of data to prove them?

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Frankly, most BW 'ownage' cannot be put down to skill or even superior team play. I spend a lot of time now encouraging Shite Wizards to kill themselves and about 70-80% are happy to blindly oblige which indicates that many have a set key sequence/combination they adhere to and aren't paying attention to the changing situation beyond trying to stay at range (same goes for their healers actually). Naturally there are several that are savvy enough not to fall for a Magus's bag of tricks and these will usually get to safety without too much harm.

Don't get me wrong, I don't even pretend to be able to kill a BW 1v1 and if I see several BWs together I know I'm about to be toast even if I've got healing, I just chuckle at enabling them to hasten their own demise.

Sadly, its very likely that mods already exist or will soon be available that make it obvious when a Magus has you selected for termination and you'll be easily able to foil the utility. Shame but thats the way the cookie crumbles.

There will be other ways to rid the virtual world of the Ginger Menace.

Muhahahahaha(TM)

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH

Most of the examples given here Peat are GG's against a disorganised zerg. So they are not good examples especially to go calling for a class nerf.

I also think people often confuse tactical advantage with being overpowered. In many of the situations that BW and other casters are seen as being especially overpowered people are simply encountering them at their best and of course when at their best they really do a lot of damage.

Now take a class that has a high DPS and place it at range and see a tank or other melee class try to kill it and it is not going to happen. Take the same class drop it in a situation where its tactical advantage is wiped out (no range and no ability to target i.e. against a stealthed opponent) where it has to go toe to toe against another class that if it is played well that person can tip the tables.

For a class to be overpowered it has to find itself 95% of the time in a winning position - despite the tactical situation. With Mages in WAR I have yet to see one that is tactically overpowered to that extent. Sorry but thats how it is.

Finally as far as I can see this is a classic case of people arguing that all classes should be equal. All classes are not equal. Some are more equal than others. Not all classes should be equal. Its about purpose and if the class is fit for purpose.

This is a very different thing to claiming that a class is overpowered.

Nat

aika

Can't get enough of FH
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others

:)

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
never saw any other class than bw represented by 5+ players in a scenario , that atleast gives people a unique opportunity to decide for themselves if they feel they are op :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom