[RANT] BW are balanced!

klasa

Loyal Freddie
Totally agree, T2 & T3 rocked for my DoK and damage was great. Now in T4 its not so great and comparable to WL. I still luv the class though and not being so uber hasn't put me off at all. Just have to adjust playstyle.

It's funny people asking for BW's not to be nerfed unless a load of destro classes are as well. Can you guys seriously not see how they change scenes/rvr with those silly Insta cast dots hitting for 1K+. Plus being able to cast them on the run. I'm sure if sorc's had the same ability instead of 3s plus medium range AoE you'd be complaining.

Yes we can see the problem, the thing is that we want a balanced game. IMO order has one class that can tip the balance in a scenario and it's not the BW.

Crying that a DoK has the same DPS as a WL just shows how much thought (none) you've put in to this post. WL is a DPS class, it's supposed to do damage. DoK is a healer. I would love to see a Wl with the same healing abilities as a DoK.

Great ideas from destro side on game balance hope you get a spot on the dev team :cheers:

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Yes we can see the problem, the thing is that we want a balanced game. IMO order has one class that can tip the balance in a scenario and it's not the BW.

Crying that a DoK has the same DPS as a WL just shows how much thought (none) you've put in to this post. WL is a DPS class, it's supposed to do damage. DoK is a healer. I would love to see a Wl with the same healing abilities as a DoK.

Great ideas from destro side on game balance hope you get a spot on the dev team :cheers:

I think Hawk meant WP?

klasa

Loyal Freddie
where did i say that?

You didn't understand why destro classes needed adjusting if BW's are nerfed if I recall correctly. If you play order you will notice that you loose quite alot. If you nerf the class that shines what do you expect will happen?

The risk is major imbalance between the realms. So in one mirror class BW in comparison to Srocs there is an imbalance and the amount of destro whine that brings is amazing.

Do you see white lions complain about their pet being bugged having damage lower then amaruder (at least at lower teirs can't vouch for endgame). No

Ergo alot of destro players appears to be whining when they actually die to a order class. And it appers that you are suggesting changes that will puerly benfit your own realm instead of game balance. Do you see the point or will you just cry nerf BW!!!!

pikeh

Resident Freddy
You didn't understand why destro classes needed adjusting if BW's are nerfed if I recall correctly. If you play order you will notice that you loose quite alot. If you nerf the class that shines what do you expect will happen?

The risk is major imbalance between the realms. So in one mirror class BW in comparison to Srocs there is an imbalance and the amount of destro whine that brings is amazing.

Do you see white lions complain about their pet being bugged having damage lower then amaruder (at least at lower teirs can't vouch for endgame). No

Ergo alot of destro players appears to be whining when they actually die to a order class. And it appers that you are suggesting changes that will puerly benfit your own realm instead of game balance. Do you see the point or will you just cry nerf BW!!!!

What server are you on?
It's pretty equal from my experience on KEP.

klasa

Loyal Freddie
Karak Hirn, my experience is that the game is pretty balanced that's why I'm afraid of major nerfing of one class. I think that the 1.05 patch is promising.

It seems like BW's will be getting a nerf whcih IMO is OK since there seems to major rework of alot of classes. Apart from playing a swordmaster I also have a shadow warrior and trust me, even if it's a ranged dps class it's just impossible to compete with a BW so I'm hoping for some love.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
No one wants to see them completely nerfed, just the insta dots adjusted. No class in the game should be able to do that kind of damage at bolt range and on the move, period.

I would be happy to see the same dots on 2 or 3 sec casts. Or replaced by AoE DD's. You have to admit three dots doing 300 up to 1.4k damage (biggest I've had on me) a tick is a bad joke.

It's akin to the original Warlock in DAOC. Played by anyone with half a brain they could kill anything in a few seconds, heavy tanks included. They got nerfed but not that badly, still played very effectively by a number of players.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
I think hawk's hit the nail on the head there.

I do know that a dot spec sorc, played well can do the same dps as a bw however. It just seems that we don't have as many sorcs at t4 as Order have BW. Once the class population evens out I think we'll see more tweaks as classes start to perform as they can.

Personally I still think the White lion is a massively under-rated class. I've got a low level one and I love him - his speed and ability to either guard flanks in scenarios or pick out healers and squishy dps classes for a good twatting is second to none.

When it comes to threats - I find with my 39 shammy that the main pita classes for me are BW first then WL second. Mainly because a well played WL will do exactly what I do @ lower levels - look for stragglers who are focussing elsewhere and pounce on them before they can retreat to the herd for safety of numbers. BW are the subject of this thread and trying to out heal their focus fire is so difficult without alot of help :)

M

aika

Can't get enough of FH
DoK>WP simply because of covenant of celerity, I really wanna see it toned down if we are talking about nerfs here

pikeh

Resident Freddy
DoK>WP simply because of covenant of celerity, I really wanna see it toned down if we are talking about nerfs here

See now thats a good suggestion.
CoC on its own isnt that amazing, but the tactic that makes it 60% should be reduced to 40% or even 30%. Or even move it higher up the Tort tree.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Personally I still think the White lion is a massively under-rated class. I've got a low level one and I love him - his speed and ability to either guard flanks in scenarios or pick out healers and squishy dps classes for a good twatting is second to none.

Totally agree, problem is that you don't often see them played well. Far too often just see them following SM's in and bashing tanks. That Lion Snare is just Evil and they can hit like a truck. Their speed and Pounce ability gives them the option of picking out the squishys a lot easier than say a DoK/Marauder. Great looking DPS class, will definitely roll one as alt eventually.

Celerity on DoK should be toned downed to equal that of other snares. Agree that it is OP as it stands with the tactic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom