Bored

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone else bored with ToA and what its done to the game, Little RvR, lower level PvE hard to come by, back to the PvE grind after u hit 50, or am I just a wierdo :drink:

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
was pure hell farming 10 straight hours for Scholars Notes 3 of 3. from 4:30pm to 2:30 am

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
I've been having fun so far, been taking my time with the ML's rather than just rushing through them as quickly as possible. Havn't really had a chance to do any RvR since I got TOA so I couldn't really say anything about that - but i'd guess by the time I get perfector 6 (which is realisitically speaking, about as far as I want to go) chances are RvR will be back in some form or another.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Forced grouping is one thing i disapprove of in ToA.

You cant do much solo except explore and kill trash-mobs, which bites for a casual player who doesnt have 2-3 hours to sit around while a ML group forms and who cant play at prime-time due to RL commitments.

ToA is going to be the death of the DAoC casual player.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Actually Odins is alot like the old days at moment, nice for sololing or odd duos, I enjoyed a couple of nice fights there.

Thats about the only good thing about it so far.

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>was pure hell farming 10 straight hours for Scholars Notes 3 of 3. from 4:30pm to 2:30 am

Change is the keyword Brynn, take it in smaller steps and you will avoid the hell part :)

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
hmmmm

I havent even got it yet, but the change in the mainland was profound, guild went quiet as if it didnt even exist...it was as if walking around in a ghost town etc...or like the very early morning hour:p
Anyways....i will enjoy toa since it will A. get me in contact with people again:p....B. let me see somthing new in game, and i really needed that or i would have stopped playing after a while i think(goa knows it stuff:p)
So......but after a while i might join up un the whining mob:p

Eater of Kobolds

Fledgling Freddie
Yub, never really feel like playing anymore, and definately won't extend my subscription. roll on WoW

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
This game is so boring now.

I was enjoying Caledonia with my hunter but when ToA came out it all died off. So I went off to ToA to see what the fuss was all bout.

All you find are groups of pissed off people, bored of doing crapppy, boring, and bugged PvE nonsense.

You'd think fine, ok, then don't bother, but that doesnt change the fact that the game has been killed. There's nothing happening anywhere. ToA is the biggest pile of crap I've ever seen.

Even the graphical overhaul is a joke.

I am THIS close to cancelling both my accounts.

Eater of Kobolds

Fledgling Freddie
katt! said:
for even more pve? ~~

For RP servers and CASUAL pve, in order to do anything in toa you need to be online at least 3 hours. As someone said before, toa is the death of casual daoc players.

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
Eater of Kobolds said:
For RP servers and CASUAL pve, in order to do anything in toa you need to be online at least 3 hours. As someone said before, toa is the death of casual daoc players.
not really.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:
the game has been killed. There's nothing happening anywhere.

Think its pretty short term. Once people get some decent mls and artifacts levelled they'll start drifting back to rvr to try them all out. Reckon a couple of weeks and there'll be plenty of action in the frontiers :)

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
Brynn said:
was pure hell farming 10 straight hours for Scholars Notes 3 of 3. from 4:30pm to 2:30 am

lol I had the same thing :(

Spankya

Fledgling Freddie
I cba to play anymore either. I'm just a casual player who plays max 20 hours a week due to work and rl commitments, and that just isnt enough for TOA. Need to be on for hours, making groups and farming stuff which I just dont have time to do. If I did have hours and hours each day to play like I used to have then I think TOA could be good, but I dont. TOA killed off the casual players.

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
Eater of Kobolds said:
Ah no, so sorry. You can do one of the ml1 encounters alone, which is all I've been able to do so far.
i know you and club retardo like to stick & zerg but organize 1fg and you can half of an ml done in an hour.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Well...now ive seen all ToA zones and dungeons, all very impressive with 4-5fg in tow, shame I cant explore solo eh. Thats one thing about DAoC thats always annoyed me as a casual player, there are places I will never see, as you cant go there solo. But hey, thats just one gripe :)

Frontiers should bring new life, but the ML systems is so floored and too hard, only the power gamer stands a chance, and once again us casuals are faced with months of "no ToA artifacts, no RvR / PvE group! Cry more n00b!".

I simply dont have the time to farm 10,000 mobs for 3 scrolls, nor can i be arsed to tbh.

I feel the urge to hit the "cancel auto renew" too suddenly. Something new is needed.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Agreed. PvE is wank at the best of times. When you're forced to do it for hours and hours..and well, hours for example... it gets to be a kind of psychological torture.

I don't want to do ANY MLs and I don't want to spend weeks getting scrolls for activating some overpowered artefact that I'll need to compete it RvR.

I cannot stress enough : I HATE PVE. I'll do as little as possible, and the one PvE I don't mind doing is for seals cos...well cha-ching? :eek2:

:puke: TOA

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Kinda wonder what all these casual players were doing before? All playing solo Infs in rvr or Necros in pve?

So far I've managed to get 2 artifacts in a duo, 2 in 1fg. Most of Ml1 and Ml2 can be done with 1fg.

I don't call myself a casual gamers, but I do work full-time so my playtime is a little restricted by that, but I guess I am lucky in that my bf plays too so I don't have to log off unless I want to at weekends. Although nerf him waking me at 7.30am on a Saturday to farm scrolls :)

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Eater of Kobolds said:
Ah no, so sorry. You can do one of the ml1 encounters alone, which is all I've been able to do so far.
ML1:

1 - half-group+
2 - solo (with bot)
3 - solo (with bot)
4 - duo (with bot)
5 - solo
6 - half-group+
7 - group
8 - duo (with bot)
9 - duo (with bot)
10 - group

~3 hours total.

vng

Fledgling Freddie
RR8 • Pin StNeedles • Infiltrator
RR8 • Whyp StChaynes • Reaver
RR6 • Arrested ForIndecentExposure • Sorcerer
50 • Cleric • Eldritch • Minstrel • Necromancer • Theurgist • Wizard

yep, Pin is a casual player too ;)

Khefru

One of Freddy's beloved
TOA is boring. I've nothing for almost a week apart from get fustrated with farming scrolls, trying to get ml groups, lagging like hell (never used to b4 toa) and hanging around dl with no-one in sight.

It's the thought that if u don't log on you may miss a group, but if you do you could just do nothing for 4 hours. For me, an online game is supposed to be fun which DAoC was untill TOA came along.

Sorry for the fotm responce to TOA

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
Forced grouping is one thing i disapprove of in ToA.

You cant do much solo except explore and kill trash-mobs, which bites for a casual player who doesnt have 2-3 hours to sit around while a ML group forms and who cant play at prime-time due to RL commitments.

ToA is going to be the death of the DAoC casual player.

nothing stops casual player to organise a raid for himself and do mls a bit slower, its not a race after all. (for casual players at least) Not that i done any mls so far oO did 90% of ml1 and its possible to do it with a fg. I agree on that you are forced to do this if you want to compete in rvsr, but hey you are not forced to play this game, if dont like it just quit... problem solved:)

Ziva

Fluffy
I'm not bored with TOA at all but i usually go do something else when something bores me. Unlike some of the DaoC players who seem to "enjoy" beeing bored for 1,2 years :m00:

(bored of "bored" people who keep playing the game instead of cancelling their account and start a new game)

living

Fledgling Freddie
Such strong whine its annoying, if u dont like it then QUIT! No1 is aking u to do MLs or farm Artifacts. I've not even done one ML step yet cuz i cba but im not sitting here whineing about it! U can buy most artifact scroolls for 1-2p each and thats pretty cheap and easy.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Pin said:
And also the proud owner of 0 artefacts!

I was bad :( I got a belt of the sun the first evening of ToA (just randomly exploring found the encounter :))

and got an egg of youth for my cleric (again exploring, found sililia, wondered why she didn't die, saw a broadcast about pillars, an hour of bashing later - one egg of youth)

but I'm quite happy I did - aoe pala-ress for teh win! (if I can ever get it levelled)

if ToA bores you - stop playing it - go emain or odins for a night, level an alt.

ml1 can be done with 1fg
ml2 can be done with 1fg
ml3? ok maybe not ;) though the silly aggro between the trials gets reduced in the up and coming patch.

ml4 - again not 1fg thanks to 4.2 - though it'll be down to about 4fg required (take your ml3 raid with you)

admittedly it needs to be quite a solid fg for ml1 and ml2 - with some shield tanks, pbt and healing, but it's doable.

You can't do it solo with a buffbot - that is true, but there is still quite a bit you can do solo with a buffbot in ToA - there's quests in all the havens, some artifacts are soloable (oceanus ones mainly, possibly some stygia ones, at least the scrolls for the other ones tend to be on silly high level monsters)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom