Pointless but was bored

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
So, had shit loads of time lately at night due to looking after my son, I basically stay up from 12midnight-9am to feed him and what not, while he's asleep i've been pondering things to do - these range from DAOC > Minecraft > Pondering what would make DAOC better in my eyes so I started writing my own patch notes for the luls, i'll post them eventually but I want you guys to share what you think would fix the game at the moment? what class changes would work? how could you fix frontiers and the fg vs fg scene/solo scene?

/join in my boredom and discuss

Everz

FH is my second home
Changes?

Remove the silly abilities and get back to basics, DAoC at its core was a complex pvp game. One word... Origins.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Changes?

Remove the silly abilities and get back to basics, DAoC at its core was a complex pvp game. One word... Origins.

What I have so far :p as you can see I wasnt kidding when I said I was fucking bored.

General Changes

Dark Age of Camelot is now free to play! (restrictions apply - see below)
Free account restrictions:
4 character slots
level 50
template stats cannot exceed 75
buff stats cannot exceed that of the realm buffer in strength
toa bonuses are capped at 5%
champion level is capped at 5
master levels are capped at 5
platinum is capped at 50 per character

Premium account: (what we pay now)
No restrictions

Realm vs Realm Changes

A new zone rvr zone has been added, this zone is for full groups to fight against each other! battlegroups will automatically be disbanded upon entering this zone and all players of said battlegroup will be instantly ported to the nearest portal keep, attempts to remake the battlegroup while in the zone will result in being ported aswell, in solo/groups fewer than 5 will be unable to enter this zone.

All crowd control effects will last a maximum of 25 seconds, this includes against people with bad resists and also 25% duration - 25 maximum, nothing will bring it above that.

Buffshears have been removed from the game - this includes any buffshears from item /uses or procs.

Spell Pierce is now restricted to use on casters and selected classes only, it will no longer be available for any stealther class except archers and minstrels.

All realm rank 5 abilities have been removed from the game.

Relics have been redesigned, they will now grant a passive 5% bonus to physical damage or spell damage. In addition they will also grant a 25% bonus to level experience, 5% bonus to realm points and bounty points - Also, if these relics are placed in your guilds keep the guild receives a bonus to coin drops and an additional 3% bonus to realm points.

The number of people required to lower a relic platform has been increased to 32.

Towers have been removed from the game! in order to cut ports to keeps now you will have to kill a portal master located patrolling around the enemy keep, be aware tho the portal masters can handle themselves and should not be attempted without atleast 16 players. Please take note the portal masters cannot be buffed in anyway by player or npc buffs and will not respawn until the keep is no longer undersiege.

CLASS CHANGES
Midgard:
Thane: 20% weapon skill increase, slight HP increase, block cap increased by 20%.
Runemaster: Bolt damage brought in-line with wizard bolts, resist debuff (cold/heat/matter) removed from the game, instead a built in debuff has been added to spec nukes of -10% (new spec nuke added to Runecarving and Suppression).
Spiritmaster: resist debuff (energy/spirit/body) removed from the game, instead a built in debuff has been added to spec nukes of -10% (new spec nuke has been added to the Suppression line) - A baseline movement speed buff has been added similar to that of the Runemaster.
Bonedancer: Bonedancer pets have been redesigned slightly, you will now have the choice of having a Bone Commander + 2-3 pets or gain the ability to chain cast Skeletal Minions. These skeletons will chase the target and attack them briefly much like the Theurgist pets.

Hibernia:
Ranger: Physical Defence added to the available RA list, Melee damage raised slightly.
Wardens: Various procs added to Blade/Blunt lines, some of which include Heals/DD's/Ablatives/DoT's, block cap increased by 10%.
Eldritch: Bolt damage brought in-line with wizard bolts, resist debuff (energy/spirit/body) removed from the game, instead a built in debuff has been added to spec nukes of -10% (new spec nuke added to void and mana lines) - A baseline movement speed buff has been added similar to that of the Enchanter.
Animists: Animists are now able to cast mobile mushrooms capable of hunting down their foes, these mushrooms will attack the target briefly much like the Theurgist pets. - In addition the cap on stationary mushrooms cast by the animist has been increased to 12.

Albion:
Sorc: AoE Mezz range has been reduced by 200 units.
Wizard: Only 2 bolts can be fired in quick succession to each other, this means if a third is attempted to be cast it will simply not let you. A baseline movement speed buff has been added similar to that of the Sorc.
Cabalist: resist debuff (energy/spirit/body) removed from the game, instead a built in debuff has been added to spec nukes of -10% (new spec nuke added to Matter) - A baseline movement speed buff has been added similar to that of the Sorc.
Scout: Block cap has been increased by 25%, slam stun duration will remain 5 seconds

Everz

FH is my second home
Seems like you just bumped up the classes you like to play and nerfed those you don't :p.

Everz

FH is my second home
I'd say personally that pre-toxic poisons and skald love that the classes were more balanced then ever before, and thus didn't need to be touched.

I'd remove cata classes in a heartbeat, remove labyrinth and bring some more focus to Darkness Falls.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Prefer Ever's slightly shorter version.

Would add to his that Bane Lord is taken away from BD's and charge away from Valks. Probably increase cast time on Vamp claw - won't stop claw spam but would mitigate it (either that or increase it's power cost). Maybe give chanters a base line AoE dmg spell to a. Make them more group friendly and b. Counter Mid and Alb pets.

Everz

FH is my second home
To add i'd also remove Agramon, Remove bridges, Remove oceans.. infact go the whole hog and recreate OF with destroyable milegates and alternate routes.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Bumping down the sorc mezz is a big mistake imo. They need the extra range to cope with the insta mezz. I know this goes way back to OF times, but it seems like you are just making the classes very similiar to one another across the realms mate

I'd make Laby a PvE zone where you can't meet the other realms, but buff up the casual mobs' levels. And as Everz said give DF more focus RvR and PvE wise, perhabs give it XP and RP bonuses

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom