Battlefield 3 Beta

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No more money for the buggy little fuckers! Boycott the beta! ;)

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I wonder what it will be like in terms of setting. I hope its not another modern combat game, there are too many. Think they should make a more expansive 1942, with more destroyers, subs and Tanks etc with big maps and the cargo plane from El Alemain where you could parachute people over the battlefield. 1943 looks nice but is too small.

I wouldn't mind a made up war as long as there was Sea warfare, I miss taking carriers out with my sub.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I wonder what it will be like in terms of setting. I hope its not another modern combat game, there are too many. Think they should make a more expansive 1942, with more destroyers, subs and Tanks etc with big maps and the cargo plane from El Alemain where you could parachute people over the battlefield. 1943 looks nice but is too small.

I wouldn't mind a made up war as long as there was Sea warfare, I miss taking carriers out with my sub.

I have a sneaking suspicion that its going to be some kind of psuedo-MMO.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

WW 1 has such an untapped potential ;)

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Battlefield 1942 was class , so many funny memories from that game , i played BF2 but i thought it was rubbish but i dont really like the modern warfare type fps games.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
cant wait to have a hand on it, i love the BF serise

even 2142? lete be honest it was shit, i hope its set in the cold war or summat, sick to death of the afghan ww2 theme want something different.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
they should just make it mmo, at least a few hundred per server :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Anything new in the MP? or is it just going to be churned out like bad company 2 with no updates (new weapons etc) ultimately getting boring as hell once you hit max level and have nothing really to work towards? hated that about bad company 2 :<

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Anything new in the MP? or is it just going to be churned out like bad company 2 with no updates (new weapons etc) ultimately getting boring as hell once you hit max level and have nothing really to work towards? hated that about bad company 2 :<

I expect it will be more of the same, although there's already an expansion (Back to Karkand) with the pre-order. On the plus side, prone is back and I don't think auto health fix is in it either. TBH because I can't play games as much now I have the sprog the longevity of BC2 has turned out fine (I still have a couple of achievements left to complete). The only problem now is that every time I play its usually against an entire team of level 50s.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock

what ? you mean like BC2:vietnam ? :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
what ? you mean like BC2:vietnam ? :p

nah I tried vietnam wasnt really a fan of it :/ I loved the older BF games like 1942 and I do enjoy FPS a fair bit but I enjoy having incentives to play aswell (like earning weapons ranks etc) once those run out I have little incentive to even start the game up :p there was a time I could play FPS because I wanted to and because I invested the time in them to remain at a professional level (quake 3 days ho ho) but these days its a case of playing them for achievements and awards.

might have to dust off my battlefield 2 and play that again tbfh thats assuming anyone still plays it!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Battlefield 2 is still a very popular game, should be loads of decent servers going

aye I installed it and gave it a go :) been so long since I played it I just couldnt get back into it after playing BC2.

on that note how is battlefield 3 doing so far? anyone tried it yet? will it have destructibles like Bad Company 2?

psyc1one

Loyal Freddie
All that is available atm are a few trailers including the 12 minute one that was released a few days ago @ Battlefield 3 : BF3 - EA
And it will have destructible environment and probably crouching will return

psyc1one

Loyal Freddie
yeah, sorry my fault, i meant going prone will return as it was absent in BF BC2

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Ah the memories of prone. Remember on one of the BF Vietnam maps proned a good distance away from a point sniping away at a CP until a Hind saw my muzzle flashes and rained death upon me. I survived because my mate was flying a Phantom and took him down. Good times

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Hmm, not really, unless you want a game full of bolt-action rifles, and mounted machine, I was thinking the same thing, but how would trench-warfare work? lol.

psyc1one

Loyal Freddie
mustard gas spam by the german faction in the game, i don't think so ;)

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Hmm, not really, unless you want a game full of bolt-action rifles, and mounted machine, I was thinking the same thing, but how would trench-warfare work? lol.

Would be like the old Codename Eagle the BF game DICE made before they became DICE, set in an alternative WW1 where you are up against the Russians. You got to fight in Zepplins, whilst bi-planes tried to take you down. I remember very big clunky MK1 Tanks which took forever to get anywhere.

Zede

Part of the furniture
allow Mod'ing & give Bots.

Best fun had on BF2 was using the AIX mod, 3 mates round LAN'd up & 64 bots against you. Got onto the ole' Kino Der Toten gameplay years ago !

Pity neither will be implemented, fucking fools.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

It might be something worth doing, but WW1 were mostly all about trench warfare and suicide rushes against said trenches..

and tbh, i don't know how one can make that interesting enough to play :)

eksdee

FH is my second home
It might be something worth doing, but WW1 were mostly all about trench warfare and suicide rushes against said trenches..

and tbh, i don't know how one can make that interesting enough to play :)

Sounds alarmingly like public servers in most modern FPS games to be honest - half of all servers are just people sat in corners waiting for someone to run past. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom