Games Baldurs Gate 3

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Is pretty good so far.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm enjoying it very much.

I did the same thing that @Raven did - fucked the gnome off the windmill. Then loaded from a save point and saved him :)

Edit: Of course, what I should be doing in the summer is going outside and riding my bike.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
If people haven't played it then they really should have a look at some of Larian's previous work. The Divinity Original Sin games are exceptional.

Yoni

Divinity and Divinity II are both very good games.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
If people haven't played it then they really should have a look at some of Larian's previous work. The Divinity Original Sin games are exceptional.
This is better. I've just finished Act 2 and while it has some bugs and needs some QoL improvements it's the best RPG since the original Dragon Age.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Had it day 1 via EA on Steam. Not played it since it came out fully beyond looming at character builder.

Why I hear you ask? I also pre-ordered the PS5 version so I could couch co-op with the wife.

Has been the hardest month ever. Only a few hours to go.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Be thankful for cross saves then :) When the tools and custom settings start coming out, you'll be glad of the PC version.

I'm finding that the game is just far too big for my usual play style of having to see everything. It's far better to play it organically and find those brilliant side quests as you find them, and not fret about missing any. I missed an entire, huge story arch because I said the wrong thing and ended up having to a kill a load of townfolk. I'll catch it next play through.

Overdriven

So finally on act 3 with woman. Also started a Durge playthrough and am just going through and going "see what happens"

Went to grove. Made friends.
Left grove and went to gobbos and befriended mean woman.
Went back to grove and rang horn.
Killed mean gobbo woman.

Fun.

Yoni

I have also started a durge playthough and a tactical play through.... The durge one well I have a few things in my backpack I didn't have on a standard playthough and lets just say dreams become reality oO

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
WTF. A 90Gb patch?!

60 hours in. Not even slightly bored. They've done a really good job of this.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Don’t have room to buy this now one of my SSDs died. :(

Embattle

FH is my second home
Never played any of them but bought the enhanced versions of 1 and 2 for a fiver today.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I couldn't finish either of 'em. Got 89 hours (again) in BG2 before I just lost the will to live.

The story is good, the interaction is good, the point and clicky death is just too much to bear tbh.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Don’t have room to buy this now one of my SSDs died. :(
Storage prices are really good right now... apparently...

Wij

I am a FH squatter
My pocket is really bad at the moment :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I have to say, this is the game that just keeps on giving.

163 hours in and still new and unexpected stuff is happening in nice and novel ways.

Best game I've played in a long long time.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I have to say, this is the game that just keeps on giving.

163 hours in and still new and unexpected stuff is happening in nice and novel ways.

Best game I've played in a long long time.

It's really good, but it also kinda burns you out. I finished it in October, and want nothing to do with a second playthrough, even though I want to play different classes and experiment. I can't make myself go back and start a new game. I had same issue with Pathfinder games, and Cyberpunk.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's really good, but it also kinda burns you out. I finished it in October, and want nothing to do with a second playthrough, even though I want to play different classes and experiment. I can't make myself go back and start a new game. I had same issue with Pathfinder games, and Cyberpunk.
I very rarely bother with replaying a game. I might possibly see what multiplayer is like and then maybe spin up a "tuesday night BG3" thing with some friends or somesuch next year - that could be fun, actually roleplaying.

But yeah. I'll be 200+ hours in before I finish it, which is plenty tbh. But that works out at, what, £30p/hour?

Fucking great game :)

Overdriven

Divinity Original Sin 2. We finished it and restarted as new characters right away. Repeat 4-5 time..

BG3 does have replayability but not (imho) as open/free as DoS2. We've finished BG3 once and just still haven't gone back. Will one day, but.. Meh.

BG3 had a better story, but for the "I want to be OP" feeling, we keep going back to DoS2.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
219.3 hours. Just finished. Was bloody great tbh. Game I've enjoyed most in at least the last 5 years.

Right. Off to bed :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
219.3 hours. Just finished. Was bloody great tbh. Game I've enjoyed most in at least the last 5 years.

Right. Off to bed :)
Nice. Still think it might be next year before I start though. Doing all the dark souls games this year :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Divinity Original Sin 2. We finished it and restarted as new characters right away. Repeat 4-5 time..

BG3 does have replayability but not (imho) as open/free as DoS2. We've finished BG3 once and just still haven't gone back. Will one day, but.. Meh.

BG3 had a better story, but for the "I want to be OP" feeling, we keep going back to DoS2.

DOS2 had a bit of a balance problem (Bone spiders+buffs) which I didn't really get with BG3, but DOS2 pretty much redefined the genre, it was an outstanding achievement, I love BG3, but I just can't put it up there with DOS2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom