Battlefield 2042

scoop

Can't get enough of FH
FH Subscriber
Anyone played it yet? The open-play ends today on Steam. The download is only 17GB so wont take too long, even if you have ultra fast 2MB download speed like me :p

Never played any of the others but looks pretty fun.

[Edit] Wrong forum. Can anyone move it?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Anyone played it yet? The open-play ends today on Steam. The download is only 17GB so wont take too long, even if you have ultra fast 2MB download speed like me :p

Never played any of the others but looks pretty fun.

[Edit] Wrong forum. Can anyone move it?

Where do you want it? ;)

scoop

Can't get enough of FH
FH Subscriber
Last edited:

dysfunction

FH is my second home
PC gaming please :whistle:

Haaaaam. Doesnt sound great according to that. Although perhaps being a BF newb will play to my advantage in the sense of not knowing what the others were like,

I'm pretty much a BF newb and I quite enjoyed it. It takes getting used to and there is no "training". Well none that I could find. You just get launched into the game. For instance you can "customise" your gun by pressing T. Although the screen that pops up looks weird (like some sort of screen glitch) and not all that self explanatory ie you don't know what you are selecting is good/bad vs the other stuff you can select. or how it changes the gun.

Needless to say I got totally owned but you do respawn so getting dead isnt the end of the world.
Graphics and mechanics of the game are pretty good.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I'll probably pick it up. Cross play confirmed too! 128 player maps.

I really hope they have Metro, love me some 24/7 Metro.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'll probably pick it up. Cross play confirmed too! 128 player maps.

I really hope they have Metro, love me some 24/7 Metro.

Prob will, metro was a fan fav :p it'd be criminal for them to not have that.. and Locker.

scoop

Can't get enough of FH
FH Subscriber
I'm pretty much a BF newb and I quite enjoyed it. It takes getting used to and there is no "training". Well none that I could find. You just get launched into the game. For instance you can "customise" your gun by pressing T. Although the screen that pops up looks weird (like some sort of screen glitch) and not all that self explanatory ie you don't know what you are selecting is good/bad vs the other stuff you can select. or how it changes the gun.

Needless to say I got totally owned but you do respawn so getting dead isnt the end of the world.
Graphics and mechanics of the game are pretty good.

Also found it fun and also got owned :p Found it hard to fly anything without spectacularly crashing too.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I suspect I'll get it sometime, think I've had every BF game so far.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Also found it fun and also got owned :p Found it hard to fly anything without spectacularly crashing too.
Flying is always hard in bf games. The limited size of the boundaries is hard for the jets. And the helos are tricky to master. But you usually get the same ppl camping the aircraft spawns so its not like you get a chance to get good

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'm still hugging 1080p, not even sure I'd need to upgrade my card for this.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I've never played a BF game that bettered 1942 and wasn't also the buggiest fucking thing known to mankind.

Given they'll release it in a buggy as fuck state for £60 why do people still do it?!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I've never played a BF game that bettered 1942 and wasn't also the buggiest fucking thing known to mankind.

Given they'll release it in a buggy as fuck state for £60 why do people still do it?!
Bf 1 and the last ww2 were quite good and playable.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

What was the last BF you played though?

I haven't played since BF4? (Or was Hardline after?) but out of all the AAA games out there that regularly disappoint (see Far Cry 6) I think Battlefield always ends up impressing.

But yeah sure, they defo could do with some more testing going on.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

I haven't played since BF4? (Or was Hardline after?) but out of all the AAA games out there that regularly disappoint (see Far Cry 6) I think Battlefield always ends up impressing.

Im playing far cry 6 atm and enjoying it. Fc regularly gets panned but sales dont lie. Infact ubisoft games get a lot of criticism. I really liked the watchdogs games and valhalla odyssey not so much. Fc 4,5 and 6 have all been great fun for me.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fc regularly gets panned but sales dont lie.
Hmmm. Ed Sheeran sells a lot of records despite him freely admitting that he just makes music that appeals to 16 year old girls with zero emotional range (because of a lack of life experience).

So, sales don't lie - he's very succesful at pumping out shit that appeals to 16 year old girls so he can get rich - which is the purpose he's serving. But it's not serving "the best music I can make regardless of whether it's popular or not".

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Hmmm. Ed Sheeran sells a lot of records despite him freely admitting that he just makes music that appeals to 16 year old girls with zero emotional range (because of a lack of life experience).

So, sales don't lie - he's very succesful at pumping out shit that appeals to 16 year old girls so he can get rich - which is the purpose he's serving. But it's not serving "the best music I can make regardless of whether it's popular or not".
Wtf kind of argument is that. He is successful at the market he targets. And its completely different to the video game market. Fc 6 is an 18 rated game.

completely different audience.

ign gave 8/10
meta critic gave 75%

hardly the disappointment that was pointed at.

sometimes i think you just like to find my posts and try and pick holes.
do find a different hobby, its depressingly repetitive.

i never claimed that it was the best game ever or anything of the sort. Just the tendency for ubisoft to get negative comments while making good sales from mostly 18 age rated games.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I wasn't picking holes @Moriath. You said two things:
Fc regularly gets panned but sales dont lie.
1) It gets panned - I don't know (or care) whether it's shit or not. It appears not because you posted good reviews. So who's panning it?

2) Sales don't tell the whole story - which is the only point I was trying to make. Popularity is not a mark of quality.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Wtf kind of argument is that. He is successful at the market he targets. And its completely different to the video game market. Fc 6 is an 18 rated game.

completely different audience.

ign gave 8/10
meta critic gave 75%

hardly the disappointment that was pointed at.

sometimes i think you just like to find my posts and try and pick holes.
do find a different hobby, its depressingly repetitive.

i never claimed that it was the best game ever or anything of the sort. Just the tendency for ubisoft to get negative comments while making good sales from mostly 18 age rated games.

I like it how you've used IGN and Meta Critic, the two places that always give massive reviews for AAA games.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0c2GZuZ_v0

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

BF4 for me too, everything that has come after 4 has been a steaming turd. I'm hoping this one goes back to how 4 felt overall.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Is it fun, yes/no

Is all you need.

Large scale online shooters are pretty much a much of a muchness really. Either you like them, or you don't.

As for Farcry, I really enjoyed them for the most part so far, unplug brain, go mad. Also the drug missions (I think it was 4?) are some of the funniest missions in any shooter, full stop, especially when you realise the world around you is carrying on regardless. I'll pick Farcry 6 up when its A, on Steam and B, not £lol

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Is it fun, yes/no

Is all you need.

Large scale online shooters are pretty much a much of a muchness really. Either you like them, or you don't.

As for Farcry, I really enjoyed them for the most part so far, unplug brain, go mad. Also the drug missions (I think it was 4?) are some of the funniest missions in any shooter, full stop, especially when you realise the world around you is carrying on regardless. I'll pick Farcry 6 up when its A, on Steam and B, not £lol
I got ot for 40quid which isnt £lol really. And i paid that direct to ubisoft. Not a grey market place. There is quite a bit of humour in this current one as well.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I got ot for 40quid which isnt £lol really. And i paid that direct to ubisoft. Not a grey market place. There is quite a bit of humour in this current one as well.

It's £49.99 on the Ubisoft store. That's a no from me.

A hard no, when I know it will be ~£30 when it hits Steam.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Never really enjoyed BF games sorry. Too much spawn, wander for a bit, get killed by something you haven't seen. Repeat.

I quite enjoyed the pigeon mode with no vehicles on BF1 though for a quick blast with 10 or so friends.

I do like the fact that 2042 looks really fast on foot though.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It's £49.99 on the Ubisoft store. That's a no from me.

A hard no, when I know it will be ~£30 when it hits Steam.

Just buy an M2 drive from somewhere that has a free Far Cry 6 code... then send the drive back lol

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm going to write it one more time. Despite it having zero effect, ever (clearly).

Why does *anybody* spend hard earned money on anything that EA produces ever.

Their whole operation pumps out buggy broken shit as release code. Has been for two decades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom