Ask me your NDA breaking questions!

pikeh

Resident Freddy
what are the titles under the player name for?
rvr/crafting stuff like that I guess?

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
is there kill spam like in DAoC ? :)

If you want to see it. But the chat channels are customizable to a certain degree, so you can remove that enable or disable such information.
(Think you could remove it in DAoC as well)

The kill lines are a bit more nuanced in War though, as they include mention of which ability/skill was used to lay waste to your foes.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
what are the titles under the player name for?
rvr/crafting stuff like that I guess?

Specific ToK unlocks - for example - give you titles which you can display. A funny one which is easy to get, is clicking yourself 100 times, and you get an "Ow My Eye" title

RvR kills (deathblows, dying, surviving etc) unlock ToK as well, thus some can provide you with titles.

Plus you have a "title" which indicates your realm rank. Militiaman is the first Order "RvR" rank, so that is RR1 and up to .... hmmm, can't remember how high.

Most (all, can't check, am at work) of these can be turned off as well - or rather could in beta, so you didn't have to see peoples guilds, titles etc or your own, or could mix it up a bit.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
ta!

How about guild emblems?
good choice etc? applicable to shields?

/edit hah, all my questions seem really about minor things.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
ta!

How about guild emblems?
good choice etc? applicable to shields?

There was a number of problems with guilds in the "guild beta" where we found our guilds wiped a few times as the game crashed :)eek: ).

So I can't personally comment how good the choice is of heralds and where you can place them. Perhaps somebody else got their guild high enough to be able to disclose this.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Banners come with a choice in 5 shapes, with 78 patterns and 276 emblems.
The patterns are a 2 color affair, with 44 different colors for the 1st and 2nd color.
The first 2 samples are of different emblems, the last of a pattern (the background).
Displaying is limited to cloak atm and banners on your claimed keep.
Atm you shouldn't see the full heraldry when you set it ( at guild lvl 9), at guild lvl 21 (?) the emblem should become visible.
Before that you have to make do with just the colors and the pattern.

Danita

Attachments

• Funneh.JPG
    Funneh.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 34
  • pimp my ride.JPG
    pimp my ride.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Danita^F_293.jpg
    Danita^F_293.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 59

Aada

Part of the furniture
Is there any class Shadowblade/NS/Inf type class that can stealth?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
afaik, stealth uses AP, so its not a ability you can have on all the time.

witch hunter seems quite shadey from what I've been reading elsewhere.

Tilda

There is no perma-stealth class.

Both Witch Hunter and Witch Elf have "stealth" of sorts, but it uses AP constantly while stealthed and drains faster when you move, so you cant just hang around in it.
Its handy for stealting round a corner from a fight, running round and stabbing at someone, but its nothing like daoc stealth. You constantly have to balance using stealth, vs the AP loss disadvantage that it puts you at.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
How does the game start?
Enter game with new character, kill 5 rats or whatever?
I read in a magazine that the start of WAR wasnt very magnificent.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
For the White Lion, kitty questions:
I played 1 from lvl 1 to lvl 10.
The Lion started as a kitten with almost no hair, but with each lvl he got more hair and I think at lvl 10 he grew a bit.
Between a lvl 1 and a lvl 40 lion there's about a 8 time increase in volume/mass I would guess. Lvl 40 lions are also more impressive when compared with the lvl 31 lion.

Agell

One of Freddy's beloved
Here are a few more screenies of my Zealot

From Left to Right

A very fraught Keep take heal spam ftw!

A very scared Zealot encountering her first PQ Boss

More keep taking

Stuck at the bottom of a hill trying to take a keep and beat the clock

Attachments

• Agelmere^F_006.jpg
    Agelmere^F_006.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Agelmere^F_000.jpg
    Agelmere^F_000.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Agelmere^F_004.jpg
    Agelmere^F_004.jpg
    314.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Agelmere^F_008.jpg
    Agelmere^F_008.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 46

Aada

Part of the furniture
Is there an option to turn spell effects off in keep/zerg battles like in DAOC?

Also is there a class with a run speed buff like skald/mincer/bard

Robot

Fledgling Freddie

There is options to turn off spell effects, much like in daoc.

There are no speed buff classes, but standard bearers who weild a battle standard give speed buffs to people around them. The one our guild has gives us a 25% speed increase.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Yes, thankfully effects self/group/warband has only recently made it in :)

No, it's walk speed, banner speed or mount speed, from slow to fastest

Tilda

No clue about spell effects, the games coded well enough that my 2 year old PC runs it fine full screen at 1900x1400 with all spell effects on and I dont lag graphically in rvr.

Theres no group run speed buff, KotBS did have one, but they're gone now. Not sure if Blorc has one, but I dont think so.
Some classes get a charge ability in addition to the standard "flee" escape mechanism.

Tilda

How does the game start?

Its different for each race, personally although theres no huge cinematic or instanced bit like AoC, the starting areas of all races are very well polished and good fun.

Aada

Part of the furniture
No clue about spell effects, the games coded well enough that my 2 year old PC runs it fine full screen at 1900x1400 with all spell effects on and I dont lag graphically in rvr.

Theres no group run speed buff, KotBS did have one, but they're gone now. Not sure if Blorc has one, but I dont think so.
Some classes get a charge ability in addition to the standard "flee" escape mechanism.

Whats the specs on your old PC?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
How does the game start?

Depends on the race you choose:

High elves start with a fairly standard "kill 6 sprites" quest but the zone you start in is far from a sleepy village with a rat problem...

Greenskins probably get the funniest starter quests, with a quest to investigate some wriggling barrels. Opening up the barrel you find a somewhat confused dwarf inside (who you then kill).

It's not till you do another quest later on that you find out why these dwarves are there and why they're so confused ;) but I'll try not to spoil that too much for you :)

Dwarf quests are good fun too - a lot of blowing things up with cannon, and lobbing barrels on people's heads.

There's a lot of "go kill these things for the foozle" quests still, but there's never any "go kill 10000000000 rats to find a rat tail, which only one in every 100000 rats drops". If you have to kill 10 goblins it'll tell you to kill 10 goblins :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!

There is a group run speed - 25% out of combat bonus speed from a Standard Bearer - however you can't fight while carrying the standard, and it takes 10s to summon or unsummon (you can move while summoning/unsummoning though).

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Depends on the race you choose:

High elves start with a fairly standard "kill 6 sprites" quest but the zone you start in is far from a sleepy village with a rat problem...

Greenskins probably get the funniest starter quests, with a quest to investigate some wriggling barrels. Opening up the barrel you find a somewhat confused dwarf inside (who you then kill).

It's not till you do another quest later on that you find out why these dwarves are there and why they're so confused ;) but I'll try not to spoil that too much for you :)

Dwarf quests are good fun too - a lot of blowing things up with cannon, and lobbing barrels on people's heads.

There's a lot of "go kill these things for the foozle" quests still, but there's never any "go kill 10000000000 rats to find a rat tail, which only one in every 100000 rats drops". If you have to kill 10 goblins it'll tell you to kill 10 goblins :)

thankyou, just what I'm after!

e0b1ff

Fledgling Freddie
Can someone shed some light on how the trading system works in regards to making money? i feels like with only 2 crafting prof's the AH will be hard to sell through (if there is one that is) or is your main sourse of income from killing mobs / quests rewards?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
@Robot: The pics you posted on page 6 (one with the blue sky) is epic. I love these things in MMOs
@Flim: Thanks, looks abit like some other MMOs I've played, hopefully there's a way to mod the "group" UI so it can be bunched into a corner (I play on 1280x1024, so it's no prob, but it'll still look messy to me) also, I have to play greenskins now :( I want to see a confused dwarf :D

Game looks rather shiney, shiney things keep me occupied.... I'm gonna have to ask the uni I've applied to if they've got an internal mail system so I can order parts to it. Hmm. Gonna blow £450 on a new system.. Which isn't INTEL :D

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
OH! Something I've not seen asked..

SERVER NAMES! :D What are they? How many servers in total?

Robot

Fledgling Freddie
In beta there arent any names for servers. Just English Server etc..

Mellon

Fledgling Freddie
OH! Something I've not seen asked..

SERVER NAMES! :D What are they? How many servers in total?

Noone knows yet :-(

hopefully we will know better when the Open Beta starts. Beacuse that will be run on the live gameservers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom