An Open Letter to the Archers of Thid

O

old.Mu.

Dear Archers,

PLEASE STOP STANDING ON THE BRIDGE PILLARS. PLEASE STOP STANDING ON THE BRIDGE PILLARS. PLEASE STOP STANDING ON THE BRIDGE PILLARS. PLEASE STOP STANDING ON THE BRIDGE PILLARS. PLEASE STOP STANDING ON THE BRIDGE PILLARS. PLEASE STOP STANDING ON THE BRIDGE PILLARS. PLEASE STOP STANDING ON THE BRIDGE PILLARS. PLEASE STOP STANDING ON THE BRIDGE PILLARS. PLEASE STOP STANDING ON THE BRIDGE PILLARS. PLEASE STOP STANDING ON THE BRIDGE PILLARS. PLEASE STOP STANDING ON THE BRIDGE PILLARS. PLEASE STOP STANDING ON THE BRIDGE PILLARS. PLEASE STOP STANDING ON THE BRIDGE PILLARS. PLEASE STOP STANDING ON THE BRIDGE PILLARS. PLEASE STOP STANDING ON THE BRIDGE PILLARS. PLEASE STOP STANDING ON THE BRIDGE PILLARS. PLEASE STOP STANDING ON THE BRIDGE PILLARS. PLEASE STOP STANDING ON THE BRIDGE PILLARS. PLEASE STOP STANDING ON THE BRIDGE PILLARS. PLEASE STOP STANDING ON THE BRIDGE PILLARS.

It's kind of annoying.

Your pal,

Entropy.

A

Apprentice

hahahaah,
like they would listen to you :/

S

speshneeds

more height = more range.

attackable by 1 or more types of attack = not bug abuse

in other words, fair tactics :)

O

old.Mu.

I think you missed the point. It's not that I think it's bug abuse, it's that I think it's incredibly lame and irritating. I can interrupt them with a charge in my armour, and then I can run towards the pillar, and then I can.. what? I have no reasonable ranged attacks. The only thing I can do is keep strafing around the pillar and hope I get close enough to attack them. Them being higher than me isn't a problem, melee attacks don't even carry out a height-check, it's that I cannot get near them unless I'm lucky.

They are literally invincible as far as my little dwarf is concerned. The only other thing I can do is run away the moment an archer pops. Or hope that my DD charge makes them crap themselves and jump off the pillar.

But so what, right? I should "QQ more IRL", because taking 5 minutes to jump up there and then plink arrows into my fat dwarf arse with almost complete impunity is A-OK, by the book, fine and dandy right?

:rolleyes:

I'm just wondering if anybody else gets as irritated by it as I do. Because maybe, just maybe, an archer will read this and think "yeah, that is kinda lame" and actually start moving away from the Goddamn bridges.

And if only one archer stops doing it, my enjoyment as a Thidranki soloer will increase a billion fold.

(Or if there's a way to deal with them that I'm not aware of, please let me know).

S

speshneeds

well in essence bg's are rvr, and i dont see that using ANY advantage to you is a bad thing...

Its like be a lvl50 zerk and not using snowsquall/icy cos it 'might annoy the caster that i am 2 shotting'.

Problems not with archers, more with goa/mythic/whoever makes the game letting people bounce up there in the 1st place.

it wont stop and if i was in bg then i know damn well that i would be up there too.

Imaging a MG where an archer is up on the battlements and random enemy strolls along, would it be wrong to shoot them from up there? not the same scenario but ends in the same... random enemy dead before they reach you. *unless they engage ofc*

hmm theres a point, make a sheild char with enough sheild to engage :) that will piss archers off BIG style

/edit - nice to see you fixed your keyboard since the 1st post :)

S

Shanaia

Jeez let me think

Sure... I'll stop

You believe me ... right?

Now ... walk into my range like a nice little dwarf. <grins>

O

old.Mu.

If it was a milegate, I could run up the stairs and whack them.

But it isn't, it's a bridge pillar, and I can't get onto the damn things. Maybe it's because I'm a fat dwarf, but it takes me about 40 seconds to get on top of the things and attack the guy, during which time he can continue putting arrows into me :p That's what annoys me.

Guess I'm the only person it annoys though. :p

D

Danya

I just emote spam them and they get scared and jump down half the time. ;)
Of course they can't see me which helps. :p

B

Belsameth

and it's you
just spam /kiss and you send everybody flying :p

V

valky

(Makes Note to Self) <Please remember to stand on bridge pillers>

:) :)

P

parisienscot

I once stood up there with my cleric doing group heals - still got nuked to death though :-( but it seemed like a cunning tactic to begin with.

O

opoc

You know its just becuase people who stand up there have no skill right so just stand out of range and /point /laugh and walk off.....

S

speshneeds

Originally posted by opoc
You know its just becuase people who stand up there have no skill right so just stand out of range and /point /laugh and walk off.....

lol, height = great range advantage, but rangers + bows dont really mix so i guess you wouldnt know :p

btw - Will all bonedancers please leave the game, its spoiling it for me and stuff....

T

Thorgald

Originally posted by speshneeds
btw - Will all bonedancers please leave the game, its spoiling it for me and stuff....

offcourse we will.. if infils, nightshades, rangers and scouts leave the game to... hows that?? :p no wait a sec.. scouts and rangers can stay.. its so fun to see them trying to crit shoot, miss and get killed by a BD :) but infils and nightshades are ewul :( they almost killed my BD more then i killed them :(

awell.. guess il just reroll Eteam, was planning to lvl him to 50 but thid is more fun :)

N

nezzen

old.Mu. im guessing that you are a fighter class of somesort (if you are a healer its just insta interupt and mezz anyway, a runie would be interupt, bolt, bolt, n00k till he drops / n00k till he drops (latter beeing supp / dark specc )

if you are a skald you have 3 interupts and a mezz to get up to him if you are a savage you'r screwed(get the parry /evade shout up and run away, but a warrior can 1: engage 2: throw for the win!! a zerker can throw aswell... just get some yellow / oj conning throwers and shoot his ass of the pillar (remember a throwing weapon comes with a 3sec delay so if you interupt him with a charge you can throw as him faster than he can shoot, given that an archer dosnt get quickshot for BG0/1) :)

I

iodine

Na stick to pillars my NS used to stand on one and watch the inf army just walk past below, and if someone else is up there when we had ck i practised getting up there so im quite a master at it now :)

Users who are viewing this thread