Album of the year....so far?

M

maxi--

Originally posted by CptDoom
Wehn i said i havent heard much music i meant decent, im having to go back in time for exciting music, i have those bands mentioned before rammed down my throat by my university friends in london. Not saying its all bad, just nothing spectacular.

The Make Up however are :).

Im quite clearly not up to date with whats new and good, but nothing strikes me as amazing

Check out some of the bands on the list i gave then!

annnd these lot

Broadcast - haha sound
Smog - Supper
Tindersticks -waiting for the moon
Arab Strap - monday at the hug and pint
throwing muses - throwing muses

gah too many o mention, plenty to look at.

C

CptDoom

Never liked Arab Strap, are the Throwing muses good again? I think the last album i got of theirs was Limbo, not sure tho. They keep releasing duds and then good albums.

Was never a huge Tindersticks fan either but ill check out Smog and Broadcast (whose name rings a bell)

S

Sar

Another one - Gotta get thru this, by Daniel Bedingfield.

Corking disc.

:great:

M

maxi--

Oh good god, you are kidding me?

Is that his album or something?

He's the most irritating solo pop artist on TV! He's like a Solo crooning Blue, a band who are (as i have said elsewhere) Small Town mindset, dress sense and attitude, bottled up and sold to the masses of err..small town commoners. Ick.

Christ, I don't even consider what he does as music, let alone good.

jeez louise, this disturbs me.

Ok, i must reiterate, whilst im posting, The Broken Social Scene album is FUCKING awesome.

Also, i got that Broadcast album, quite unimpressed so far, it's alright...not bad...but a lot of people I know have said it's one of this years best, I really can't see that.

S

Sar

Oh do please fuck off you enormously annoying troll.

M

maxi--

Christ, it's just my opinion Sar old boy, really, REALLY am a little disturbed by it. I had him down as one for the mums, a bit of a generalisation i know, but I just fail to see what he has to offer someone like yourself. However bad i think your music taste is, this one was straight out of left field ;)

I'm not trolling, and incidentally, telling someone who is trolling to 'fuck off' isn't the best way to stop them ;)

I SUGGEST YOU READ THE PLEASE REMEMBER THREAD, BEFORE I REPORT YOU.

J

Jonaldo

hey maxi--, y'know the way we all have our own tastes in music and also the right to voice our opinions here. Have you actually ever read something and just thought to yourself 'hmm I disagree with that but hey! everyone is entitled to enjoy their own form of music'? Or do you ALWAYS have to spout out and feel the urge to tell the rest of the world how bad you think that persons taste in music is?

How about.. read something, disagree in your own mind but accept it for what it is, then post something of your own. The instant I criticised one of your choices (The Shins, very dull, songs went nowhere. Probably why they're not very well known and will need lots more work on next album) you jumped on me telling me how wrong I was and that you are right and they are great. This isn't healthy discussion, it's just one person telling everyone else that they have no taste and that yours is superior. Well... actually NO.

I;m not particularly a fan of Daniel Beddingfield but when I saw Sars post I didn't have to type a lot of shit to tell him how bad this artist is that he listens to. If he REALLY enjoyed their music then it may actually seem like a personal attack.

Try and control your urges in the future, because your formulaic "HAHA YOUR BAND IS SHIT... BUT BTW THIS BAND I LISTEN TO ARE FUCKING FANTASTIC!!" is getting a tad dull after appearing in almost every thread the same way. (ok I know you don't type it in capitals but point got across I hope)

M

maxi--

Originally posted by Jonaldo
hey maxi--, y'know the way we all have our own tastes in music and also the right to voice our opinions here. Have you actually ever read something and just thought to yourself 'hmm I disagree with that but hey! everyone is entitled to enjoy their own form of music'? Or do you ALWAYS have to spout out and feel the urge to tell the rest of the world how bad you think that persons taste in music is?

How about.. read something, disagree in your own mind but accept it for what it is, then post something of your own. The instant I criticised one of your choices (The Shins, very dull, songs went nowhere. Probably why they're not very well known and will need lots more work on next album) you jumped on me telling me how wrong I was and that you are right and they are great. This isn't healthy discussion, it's just one person telling everyone else that they have no taste and that yours is superior. Well... actually NO.

I;m not particularly a fan of Daniel Beddingfield but when I saw Sars post I didn't have to type a lot of shit to tell him how bad this artist is that he listens to. If he REALLY enjoyed their music then it may actually seem like a personal attack.

Try and control your urges in the future, because your formulaic "HAHA YOUR BAND IS SHIT... BUT BTW THIS BAND I LISTEN TO ARE FUCKING FANTASTIC!!" is getting a tad dull after appearing in almost every thread the same way. (ok I know you don't type it in capitals but point got across I hope)

The above, is a Game.net post by numbers, sanctimony, hypocrisy and contradictions aplenty.

I'm not slagging any one off, slagging a band off is not a personal insult, get over that fact.

If you people just let what i said go, or maybe took your own advice and 'lightened up'(theres hypocrisy) Jonaldo wouldn't have had to get all Holier Than Thou on me(theres the sanctimony for you) and the well, contradictions are evident.

Any resentment I harbour for you, does not stem from what you listen to.

and The Shins are quite well known, they are very very highly regarded amongst critics, the reason they aren't well known is because they choose not to be...but thats a whole different discussion...which i might start a thread on (basically, just cos you havent't heard of them does not mean they aren't much cop, it means they aren't easily marketable by whatever Media tool you read...) etc

C

CAC

am i the only person that likes joss stone then?:uhoh:

C

CptDoom

I saw Daniel Bedingfield at Great Yarmouth. :)

Only thing that was missing was a '50cal sniper rifle. :( I have to agree with maxi, that guy has to be one of the most foul, wretched little scumfuckers i have ever seen/heard/smelt in recent pop history. I would actually kill him given a chance.

M

maxi--

Nah, with people like Daniel Ba-ding!Field...a Sniper Rifle isn't personal enough, Maybe if we had a a face off, with rocks, only he didnt have any rocks...or shoes.

R

Rekin

Originally posted by Sar
Another one - Gotta get thru this, by Daniel Bedingfield.

Corking disc.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I agree with maxi on this one, Daniel Bedingfield is shit.

Oh and Jonaldo

"hey maxi--, y'know the way we all have our own tastes in music and also the right to voice our opinions here."

You're right, we do. In fact I believe that's what maxi was doing (in his own sweet way granted).

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Rekin
Oh and Jonaldo

"hey maxi--, y'know the way we all have our own tastes in music and also the right to voice our opinions here."

You're right, we do. In fact I believe that's what maxi was doing (in his own sweet way granted).
I guess you haven't seen his usual posts every time someone posts something that he thinks is absolutely shit and crap and fucking useless dire tripe and who he'd kick their ass if he met them in real life.

Oh and his current favourite band are absolutely fucking marvelous and the best thing ever!!

/rant

R

Rekin

I guess you haven't seen his usual posts every time someone posts something that he thinks is absolutely shit and crap and fucking useless dire tripe and who he'd kick their ass if he met them in real life.

Oh and his current favourite band are absolutely fucking marvelous and the best thing ever!!

/rant

I guess I have. And I'd still just say he was stating his opinions.

J

Jonaldo

In that case I just posted my opinion of his posts.

C

CptDoom

You guys should hear how me and my friends argue about music in real life. It gets violent sometimes and has even involved a bottle of yop and a cider stained knotted sock. Every body has their own opinion and if someone says your music is shit, just whack em with a alchol infused item of clothing and let that be the end of it.

There are some times when i read these posts and i want to rip the shit out of them but then i just realise that Maxi is perfectly capable of doing that. And im far too timid anyway. :)

I do agree that maxi goes a bit overboard sometimes but i made a friend of mine cut his foot open on a glass that was on the floor by pushing him back when he said the pixies were shit (even tho i know he likes them). Music is there to get passionate about, the stress induced by someone slating your music online is only created because you cant violently mangle them.

M

maxi--

/rant

I don't do it everytime, there are very few artists who Id want to THROW DOWN with, so I can't of said it that often. Also, when i say a band is bad, I'll give a decent reason, or a REASON at least, you missed that bit.

the last thing you said is hilarious, because, YEAH sure I'm going to say my current favourite band are shite aren't i? ;)
So as well as slagging me off, because of my replies to people saying how ' absolutely fucking marvelous' (your words) any given band are, you're implying I'm out if line by doing so myself? ;)

funny shit dude!!

Hey, and, that shit about getting violent over opinions face-to-face, people don't take me so seriously when i say things like this, because they know I'm a swell guy, and that I don't mean any offence toward them, plus I don't hang around with the kind of dickheads that would take offence over it.

peace out brahz.

J

Jonaldo

Just to set things straight I also think David Beddingfield is shit :p

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by maxi--
Nah, with people like Daniel Ba-ding!Field...a Sniper Rifle isn't personal enough, Maybe if we had a a face off, with rocks, only he didnt have any rocks...or shoes.

nice one heheh sounds like Tycho :D

S

Sar

Originally posted by Rekin
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I agree with maxi on this one, Daniel Bedingfield is shit.

Oh and Jonaldo

You're only agreeing with him cos you're the star of the idiotic quote in my sig.

Gr8 m8.

D

doh_boy

I think I may be coming down with something.

1) I like the Black eyed peas (well the 2 songs anyway). I didn't find where is the love annoying. (no matter how many times the radio played it).

2)I "don't mind" the new will young song. 'I better leave right now'

3) I *really* like the new dido song.

4) I found Jonathon Ross funny the other night at the awards.

:/

/edit I also don't mind daniel bedingfield

D

Deadmanwalking

I think it seems from the fact that liking a band that more then 50 "common" people have heard of means your music taste sucks.

Anyway back on topic.

Motor Ace - Five Star Laundry. Actually Last year but live with it.

And The Fallouts - The Fallouts, Quality CDs with No fillers.

D

doh_boy

So the fallouts and motor ace, what type of music are they?

D

Deadmanwalking

Well they are both australian for a start :p

The Fallouts only made a few hundred of this CD iirc. And Motor Ace are slighty better known and are releasing an album here at some point.

The music is in the scheme of things rock, but not on the same scale as mainstream "rock" over here (If that makes sense).

It's hard to explain without the person actually hearing them. :(

M

maxi--

Originally posted by Deadmanwalking
I think it seems from the fact that liking a band that more then 50 "common" people have heard of means your music taste sucks.

Anyway back on topic.

Motor Ace - Five Star Laundry. Actually Last year but live with it.

And The Fallouts - The Fallouts, Quality CDs with No fillers.

This could lead somewhere, what do you mean by 'common' people?

I think, well, you have a point...its misguided though.

Common being the type of person who reads the sun, believes every word they're told by The BBC News, says 'you can't believe everything you read in the paper' but doesn't actually mean it, thinks that what they play on MTV(yes, that INCLUDES MTV2*) is good music, thinks that coldplay are 'serious' music, thinks the war was right, can't stand lefties, thinks immigrants should be kept out, thinks most foerigners in this country are Illegal Immigrents, hasn't got a clue what Captialism is, wouldn't care if you told them. Doesn't really have a opinion on anything, just several stock one liner cliches, for when theyr'e feeling shirty, has an iq 100 or below.

is that what youi mean by a common person?

Because, then, yeah I'd have to agree with you if more than handful of the sheep that you'e refering to like the music i do, or vice versa, i'd be very very suspicious.

*You're a complet MUG if you believe listening to this stuff makes you any cleverer than the the people who watch and enjoy MTV, you're still being force fed you're just eating a different kind of shit.

T

Testin da Cable

hey, I happen to like Coldplay ;)

I also like some other stuff, but that doesn't make me any less common, or average if you will, than the next man (unless you take into consideration that I'm not addicted to television).

I don't think that (ok this took me a while heh) one can overly generalize the character of another based purely apon the music that one listens to. I know some very cool people who think the average MTV feed is just fine, and I also know serveral people who enjoy really good music, but in all other aspects should probable go work for MTV (ooh harsh hehe)

I suddenly get the feeling that I've missed the point so I'll shut up now :(

M

maxi--

Originally posted by Testin da Cable
hey, I happen to like Coldplay ;)

I also like some other stuff, but that doesn't make me any less common, or average if you will, than the next man (unless you take into consideration that I'm not addicted to television).

I don't think that (ok this took me a while heh) one can overly generalize the character of another based purely apon the music that one listens to. I know some very cool people who think the average MTV feed is just fine, and I also know serveral people who enjoy really good music, but in all other aspects should probable go work for MTV (ooh harsh hehe)

well, yeah, it was generalisation, but to describe a 'common person' it had to be. Though if you ticked most of the things in that list, i pity you ;)

Of course, it doesn't apply to everything, a good example are The Beatles.

Users who are viewing this thread