[INFO] Account center

Status
Not open for further replies.

dangermouse

Fledgling Freddie
do you want to hear something silly, i have just tried my client 3 times in a row and it tells me if i've forgot my details to contact customer support - f**k me they know im a customer thats a start but wheres the support

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
well you never know.... it could be that they let the patching work so when ppl get their accounts it wouldn't spike the server... This way the load will be more spread. That is if there is some problem about autenticating the codes that we havn't been told of yet

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
do you want to hear something silly, i have just tried my client 3 times in a row and it tells me if i've forgot my details to contact customer support - f**k me they know im a customer thats a start but wheres the support

I got the same thing earlier today but now it accepted it and started to patch... so it could be that your account havn't been recognised as a WAR beta account just a war-europe account.... silly but that's probably why

Warmcat

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm my mate has been waiting over 28 hours ago...

I've advised him to try authenticating his code again, crazy shit.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
FFS! So they have to read though 9 completely useless fake requests before dealing with the next person? It's people like you who are making this whole thing worse!

If everyone just submitted ONE request, there would be fewer requests to deal with so they'd get to everyone quicker, don't you get that?

Don't you get that your request doesn't even exist anymore?

Let me put this down for you:

I got 4 emails at the excat same time after my little stunt
1 mail confirming activation
3 mails telling me it was already active

They was done at the same time, meaning their server can handle at least 4 requests in que pr. second (meaning my stunt at max costs you 2,5 seconds more waiting)

But anyway, that also means that since I heard nothing about the other ones, there are 2 possibilities:

1) They are in que, which will support your version of how I am preventing you from getting activated by spamming the site.

2) They were lost and thus pointing out that 60% of all requests are LOST and not put into a que and will never get a response.

Now, since the code activation came up, it has been 27 hours at least now, almost 28.

And since I did my spam, it has been 14 hours.

14 hours of 4 requests pr. second = 50.400 requests made with at least 4 pr. second since this morning, since I didn't hear about my other requests.

And 27 hours of 4 requests pr. second = 97.200 requests made since my initial request yesterday.

And all those requests was made by those few who was able to make an account before account registration was removed yesterday.

Or perhaps I am right and you will never get your key unless you do excatly what I told you to do in an effort to help you out.

Think about it, all day and night since you send your 1 registration request for OB code, an average of 4 registrations has had to happen EVERY second to prevent you from being confirmed already.

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
ok, I just got home from work (tired), and after more than 24 hours of waiting still not a single mail! I don't have any patience left anymore at all, to browse all the news posts, updates and numberous forum posts

but obviously, there are big holes in the system... some people seem to have found some tricks though? anyone who can briefly explain them to me or link an earlier post?

thanks!

nuclear misfit

Fledgling Freddie
oh, and btw - wtf is this?! xD

nja.jpg

Schlauberger

Fledgling Freddie
Just did the shebang on the US site in less than 5 min. :)
But now EU will let me patch.... NO e-mail obviously !!!

MrNadger

Fledgling Freddie
hmmm just spammed the validation page five or six times and started the patcher on a wing and a prayer... and Joy of Joys, it worked!

Highly amusing patch note though...

"All teams are prepared to give you the best possible launch and a completely satisfying games experience. Our customer support, our translators, our technical department, our marketing and of course we community managers can't wait to hear your reactions and get your support for the last polish we will apply in the week to come"

I nearly choked on my coffee when I read that.

wooly

Fledgling Freddie
This is getting very boring....

Is the Guild news the brilliant annoucement MagnusK mentioned?

I pray to god its not as that is the shitest excuse to try and divert our attention... Look its a flying turd.... HONEST!!!

They really have no idea... <sigh>

I'll get my coat...

Wooly

Schlauberger

Fledgling Freddie
this 200mb is flying like shit off a shovel, I don't trust my eyes; I must be hallucinating!

fiire

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmmm anyone know what this is,

This application has failed to start because d3dx9_34 was not found.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
This is getting very boring....

Is the Guild news the brilliant annoucement MagnusK mentioned?

I pray to god its not as that is the shitest excuse to try and divert our attention... Look its a flying turd.... HONEST!!!

They really have no idea... <sigh>

I'll get my coat...

Wooly

Heh - it is getting better each moment with each "announcement".
I surly hope this isn't the "announcement" Magnus was talking about.

Fuygin

Fledgling Freddie
No email yet, but it just accepted my login on the client and started patching. Whether this means I'll be actually able to play remains to be seen.

dangermouse

Fledgling Freddie
well i just lost my internet connection, now cant get onto war-eurpoe due to a flash player issue (like its crap) tried my client out of frustration and im now patching.... omg someone call an ambulance im dieing of heart failure.... ive just been told the dark elf area is full of buys - things attacking you but you cant attack them i know this last bit aint what you wanna hear but after all this time i figured when you get in you would want to be able to enjoy it for a while.

areis

Fledgling Freddie
All aboard the GOA failboat

hah! and from the update email:

• GOA and Mythic are in this together, as we have for years. We've been through purgatory together and we've gotten back on the horse. The European Open Beta launch has not lived up to our, Mythics nor our customers expectations and we are sorry for this.

Setting up a business and infrastructure capable of delivering WAR to hundreds of thousands of Europeans in five different languages is not a trivial task. We have had a couple of days of setbacks, but we will get back there and deliver, with the help and support of Mythic.
  • This is beta. This cannot be underlined sufficiently. When Heathrow launched a new terminal earlier this year, they were supremely confident that they would be able to handle the hordes of passengers going through their system. And they had good reason to be confident; the new terminal was truly state-of-the-art in every way, they had a significant over-capacity, they had executed very successful simulations and rehearsals. Yet at launch day, everything just crumbled. Whether it is an airport or an Open Beta of an MMO, large operations have one thing in common: it is impossible to simulate and prepare for them. No amount of preparations can prepare you for the real thing. This is precisely why we have an Open Beta, as opposed to just launching the game as-is.
* Setting up this infrastructure is not trivial, but neither is it immensely complex. You will have your standard datacenter, with your usual power, HVAC, and what have you issues. This is all very well understood tech. Then you will have a network. You (GOA) are a telco..... 'nuff said. again - nothing really hard going on here. You will then have a pile of servers. Each server will have a specific lead time to install, commission, burn-in etc. This - once more - is an understood concept, and there are even handy lists available that will detail for you how long any given bare metal install will take.

Finally, there is your software layer. I suspect Linux, so easy to script a default PXE based install routine. on top of that you probably have anywhere between 4 to 8 servers per splinter/fraction/shard whatever - maybe more, maybe less. Also, because the game servers are written for *this* game, it will probably be badly instrumentalised, if at all, and will require some seriously special "special sauce" of secret handshakes, weird scripts, funny exceptions, some subtle hacks, and some plain sledgehammer work to get this all into place.

The only true unknown you have here, GOA, is the last. And that can easily be catered for if you have the previous ones sufficiently covered.

GOA, your planning, project management, design and implementation has been beyond poor. I am willing to bet real money that this can easily be tracked back to hilarious dilbert-like management decisions and apathy, moronic edicts, political in-fighting, and all the other cruft that builds up in an "enterprise level" enterprise like yours. Just like any other "enterprise", the scum floats to the top. I am also willing to bet that there are some *seriously* dedicated techies busting their asses 24x7 to make sure that this game will happen. I am further willing to go out on a limb, and wager that these techies are being yelled at and being pressured by the same moronic fools that got this whole freaking failboat to where it is right now.

Poor planning, Poor management. GOA, you are not fooling anybody, so please zip it with the rubbish spin, OK? you are only adding insult to injury.

* Secondly, I would like to point out that the last thing you want to do is hide behind the Heathrow T5 implementation. I am personally intimately familiar with the issues around T5, and know exactly why things went wrong. It had nothing to do with simulations, and "impossible to prepare" and everything with stupid, clueless managers, and the dumbass decisions they made. The main sub contractors on the job bailed well before the end of contract because both common sense as well as the risk models showed what was going to happen over 14 months before it actually did.

Man up, GOA. You guy suck. Spinning it into a "but it is hard, and these things happen" situation is an insult to anybody with an IQ above 30.

:twak:

PS. Oh, and I want my money back! I want a refund, and I want to play in the US. You know my nick here, so you know who I am.....

dangermouse

Fledgling Freddie
saving it all falling on its arse the only thing left for me to say is i hope you all get in soon and from what i have seen at my friends house you should enjoy - little comfort at the mo i know...

thanks for some real laughs - all of them at goa's expense but hey what else do the deserve...

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
what's with all the people patching already? It won't even accept my login when trying the patcher :(

Fuygin

Fledgling Freddie
GOA, your planning, project management, design and implementation has been beyond poor. I am willing to bet real money that this can easily be tracked back to hilarious dilbert-like management decisions and apathy, moronic edicts, political in-fighting, and all the other cruft that builds up in an "enterprise level" enterprise like yours. Just like any other "enterprise", the scum floats to the top. I am also willing to bet that there are some *seriously* dedicated techies busting their asses 24x7 to make sure that this game will happen. I am further willing to go out on a limb, and wager that these techies are being yelled at and being pressured by the same moronic fools that got this whole freaking failboat to where it is right now.
There's just one problem with that bet. Nobody will take it because they know you'll win.

Chey

Fledgling Freddie
well i just lost my internet connection, now cant get onto war-eurpoe due to a flash player issue (like its crap) tried my client out of frustration and im now patching.... omg someone call an ambulance im dieing of heart failure.... ive just been told the dark elf area is full of buys - things attacking you but you cant attack them i know this last bit aint what you wanna hear but after all this time i figured when you get in you would want to be able to enjoy it for a while.

dark elf and chaos areas both have mobs that are not attackable and both have mobs that become not attackable while you in the middle of fighting them

oh and we just spammed the key thingy for an account that has been waiting since sunday and still no email but suddenly (and this has been checked very regularly) that account can now patch

held off on spamming till we got bloody desperate, but hey it seems to do something to the dam system

wooly

Fledgling Freddie
Poor planning, Poor management. GOA, you are not fooling anybody, so please zip it with the rubbish spin, OK? you are only adding insult to injury.

:iagree:

Right on brother... Enough with their political retoric!! Fight the power...

Wooly

Henrikl

Fledgling Freddie
Uhm... This is really strange. I havn't recieved any confirmation/Valdation e-mail, but suddenly I managed to log in and start patching. How 'bout that?

Eralef

Fledgling Freddie
"When Heathrow launched a new terminal earlier this year, they were supremely confident that they would be able to handle the hordes of passengers going through their system. And they had good reason to be confident; the new terminal was truly state-of-the-art in every way, they had a significant over-capacity, they had executed very successful simulations and rehearsals. Yet at launch day, everything just crumbled. Whether it is an airport or an Open Beta of an MMO, large operations have one thing in common: it is impossible to simulate and prepare for them. No amount of preparations can prepare you for the real thing. This is precisely why we have an Open Beta, as opposed to just launching the game as-is."
T5 fiasco resulted in 2 execs losing their job - probably not the best thing to compare your "launch" to.

BBC NEWS | Business | BA managers leave after T5 fiasco

BBC NEWS | England | London | Disruption at T5 'was avoidable'

wooly

Fledgling Freddie
T5 fiasco resulted in 2 execs losing their job - probably not the best thing to compare your "launch" to.

HAHAHA where are they getting these people... hahaha

Nice one.. Eralef.... I think GOA needs a pee pee... Does baby GOA need the potty? ahhhh it was a poo poo...

HAHHAA

Come to think of it I'm sure these guys had a show on at the Edinburgh festival... titled failed launch travesty... the critics shot it down...

Sad really...

Wooly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom