About Zerging

scarfel

Fledgling Freddie
In any war a leader is looking to have superior numbers.
Many war leaders in the past would not take their troops into battle unless they knew that they had a 3-1 man advantage to secure their victory.

Now, I'm not saying that this is an historical war, it's not, it's a game.

However, those bg's that do form must be laughing their socks of at us mids.

I'm not saying they play with any skill or style, they simple steam roll everything that comes along. its not fun for us, no fun at all.

There can't be great rps in it for the zerg either, but at least they have a continual stream of rps as it is very hard to actually bring any of them down whilst they just overrun us.

However, it must be great fun for the people in the bg, continually twatting groups in other realms with no organised response and continually being on the winning end of the battle because they have realised one simple fact ...
superior numbers win.

So, what is the solution?
To me the solution seems quite obvious but it gets clouded by the anti-zerg squad.
If you're being twatted by a BG, make a BG and fight back!!!
Even up the numbers, play around with some tactics and get even.
The zerg will never go away whilst it knows it will remain unchallenged, lord of the frontier and reaper of the holy rps.

Still when i try this i come up against a couple of problems.
Firstly, not many people will join a bg to fight back because they seem to have the opinion (re-inforced by much steamrollering) that fighting in a bg is skillless because you just steamroll single groups and then we will be "Just as bad as them" and "kill the server even more".
First response: When I try to make a BG it is to attack a BG, not single groups and i hope that people who read this post will be interested in trying larger scale battles and tactics against BGs and would like in future to join my BG for the sole purpouse of forming a response and searching out zergers and giving it back to them. And then have the patience to wait for the zerg to return so we can kick them back to their port keeps once again.
Secondly, when i do get people to join the BG, they don't seem to co-operate or communicate. Being in a BG doesn't magically give you an even chance if you do not write in /bu chat what your intentions are, where your group is, or even try to formulate tactics.
We need to gather together, get info on where enmemy zerg is and then co-operate. to move the BG together in a manner so that we can get some flanking going on, some sandwiching, some co-operated strikes.
A simple zerg will stand very little chance of surviving such action if we learn how to play together as whole groups and for a change, we may, just may, stop being so damn demoralized by the aerg that we just want to log and /uninstall DAoC.

I don't need to be the leader of this BG, but once, maybe just once, I would like to see it happen ....

So, whose with me?
Who wants to make a counter zerg BG?

I know I do.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Have not seen a Alb BG up in RvR all week. See some stuff in /as regarding FGH/FGM reports on position but that's about it. The zerg is purely random chaos.

Was quite fun last night and did get RR5 on wee sorc project. Your not the only ones who get rolled over by FG's or zergs. It does go both ways. Trick is not to hang around too long in one place and bug out quick after a fight.

Feel sorry for stealthers atm, really crap for them.

scarfel

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, so the zerg doesn't form a bg, or not one that you know of.
Doesn't change the fact that they have been running 2fg+ on stick steamrollering everything in sight.

Its been perma zerg in HW all week.

I'm not particularly bothered wether they're in a bg or not they are still amassing in numbers 2fg or more.

Even more reason to co-ordinate a response imo

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Doesn't change the fact that they have been running 2fg+ on stick steamrollering everything in sight.

Hibs were 2FG as well, when mids do charge back they do it large numbers, usually chasing to Beno twr. Just have to time response. Plenty rp's flowing both ways.

Seems some mids won't leave the Berks twr area.

scarfel said:

Totally agree, get organised and beat the Alb zerg at their own game. Much better when its more open between bridge and berks.

d@n.dk

One of Freddy's beloved
lol..

You would be better off, IF we joined a BG :)

I havent been in a RvR-bg yet.. where it havent been just crap ..
people arguing, have diff. plans, waiting for ld´s, afks, biobreaks or whatever

then when everybody is about to move... people starts asking about advice for templates, pve or whatever ..:D

next thing is that we are moving to a keep/tower .. fex..

1 gr, starts at the door.. and the rest of the bg goes afk, or just stand watching the very exciting look at a door being hit at ...

... this usually is the time where Mids/Hibs or both popps... makes an insta stun/mezz .. kills 50% of the bg.. and most of the surviving part is still afk, so the get whiped aswell ..

after that they released.. the next 30 mins is a discussion about whos fault it was.... and who the fucking xrealmer is, that must have told the enimie, where the bg moved ..

...start from above once more.. and you have a full report from a Alb bg ..

/sigh

gravi-

Fledgling Freddie
lol..

next thing is that we are moving to a keep/tower .. fex..

/sigh

how did I know u were gonna say that ? :) you know if you could go 1 day without attacking a keep/tower I would buy you a box of cookies!

krall

Fledgling Freddie
may be fun for the albs ...but all u do is stand on the damn bridge, or and Zerge/add on whatever moves. Not crying but it looks like alb's from thid have moved to NF now its dead. Zerge everythings down, and then wounder why the hell there is nothings to kill after that? :)

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
You talking about organising an organised BG for fighting around beno and the villa?!

Why not really do something for the server and organise some full groups and run down the strip?

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
most fun i had on sb since crappy 1.83 was introduced , give more archer love if it make em come out :)

I'm having a blast with all those scouts out there as. Even getting zerged by them is ok since they're all at about rr3-5 so it's kinda expected as they have to compete somehow.

Cuntodia Malakes on the other hand... :(

Shadowss

Banned
Albs generally get forced to zerg my the fg/2fgs of hibs/mids on the bridge camping :) becoz the numbers eventually build up at beno which therefore creates a zerg..

i saw 3fgs of mids on stick near the villa!! no jokes but then 1fg broke off to add on my fight :( i think it was there healer who lagged behind anyway haha :)

basically all albs on the bridge are solo (apart from some) coz most albs cba to form a grp so when a zerg does happen the alb one sux due to noone is in a grp therefor noone gets heals lol =D

im loving all the squishy hunters!!! even tho they sux :( but sooo squishy!!

scarfel

Fledgling Freddie
Strip?

Sorry for not knowing, but wheres the strip?

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

Welcome to the aim of DAoC RvR as it has been for 5+ years, the Americans understand this, the French understand this, the Germans understand this but for some odd reason this cluster lost the ability to think this way since NF arrived.

The best rvr in OF was simply the relic attempts, huge organised zerg warfare with a challenging assault, desperate defence and everyone in both realms pulling together for the benefit of the realm. Zerging is awesome, so long as everyone can do their part which is why relic attempts were always so much fun. Keeps nowadays can be stripped by a fg, it's simply not a challenge.

Zerging a bridge or a dock is boring as fook, theres no point to it and most players end-up unsatisfied as it's simply kill fast for rp's, no tactics and it never fully involves all the classes doing what they were designed to do (mages and archers fighting from range to win supremacy in the range war and protect the tanks and healers on the gates, tanks smashing down the doors, healers working hard to keep everyone up, grouped or ungrouped assassins getting in amongst the zerg and picking off the healers or top nukers, assasins picking off the best nukers/archers or healers on the walls).

I'd love to see the old relic keeps back, shame there probably arent the players anymore to make a relic attempt like this possible.

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen, you should use the " In my opinion " thingie before every phrase on your post tbh :p then someone that aint so sideminded as u could take your post seriousl (mainly in second paragraph), no offense tho :p like 90% on fh should do it too tbh.

kivik

Part of the furniture
I agree with Tallen really OF (and NF) Relic battles were awesome. And zerging bridges and crap is boring as hell. And that's mostly what zerging nowdays is about. And why it sucks. Relic raids are rare nowdays because it damages the realm(s) affected with the low population on Dyvet.

Lethul

FH is my second home
I agree with Tallen really OF (and NF) Relic battles were awesome. And zerging bridges and crap is boring as hell. And that's mostly what zerging nowdays is about. And why it sucks. Relic raids are rare nowdays because it damages the realm(s) affected with the low population on Dyvet.

That is also something that is recently made up. The server wouldn't be damaged if everyone zerged a keep every night trying to get relics. Every realm can muster a zerg. If relic changed hands, nobody whined about AC etc, That would truly benefit the server. Not 1 more setgrp that will quit after being farmed by groove for 1 week. The fullgroups will come to an active server, the active servers are the one with the zergs/AC/regular rr's.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
The server wouldn't be damaged if one particular guild wasn't pve-ing keeps every night to eventually bore a lot of players with that attitude. Simple

kivik

Part of the furniture
That is also something that is recently made up. The server wouldn't be damaged if everyone zerged a keep every night trying to get relics. Every realm can muster a zerg. If relic changed hands, nobody whined about AC etc, That would truly benefit the server. Not 1 more setgrp that will quit after being farmed by groove for 1 week. The fullgroups will come to an active server, the active servers are the one with the zergs/AC/regular rr's.

Yup, think your pretty much spot on there.

However, not every realm could muster an AC crew that plays every night taking relics, and that's the reason everyone whined when CM regularly took relics. And at it's current state, hibernia can not take a relic primetime, nor do they have a set group of nightowls. And that's why it doesn't work :)

Every server with zergs/AC/regular RR's has a healthy population, Dyvet doesn't have that :)

Pilskaft

Fledgling Freddie
:)

Think it sounds great and will check if you got bg upp to join, every night i play.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Sorry for not knowing, but wheres the strip?

Beno down to Eras, on the shore blocked by the plateu to the East. Also across the river and over to the ruins, up to that little hill. Hadrians Pap from here on in?

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen, you should use the " In my opinion " thingie before every phrase on your post tbh :p then someone that aint so sideminded as u could take your post seriousl (mainly in second paragraph), no offense tho :p like 90% on fh should do it too tbh.

Everything posted on a forum like this should be treated as "imo" unless it's an actual reference or quote, thats what forums essentially are, places for people to share opinions and information.

Sideminded? Interesting...what does it mean?

No offence intended, but your comment is more pointless than those who correct grammar on a post.....imo :p

preacherboy

Fledgling Freddie
In any war a leader is looking to have superior numbers.
Many war leaders in the past would not take their troops into battle unless they knew that they had a 3-1 man advantage to secure their victory.

Now, I'm not saying that this is an historical war, it's not, it's a game.

However, those bg's that do form must be laughing their socks of at us mids.

I'm not saying they play with any skill or style, they simple steam roll everything that comes along. its not fun for us, no fun at all.

There can't be great rps in it for the zerg either, but at least they have a continual stream of rps as it is very hard to actually bring any of them down whilst they just overrun us.

However, it must be great fun for the people in the bg, continually twatting groups in other realms with no organised response and continually being on the winning end of the battle because they have realised one simple fact ...
superior numbers win.

So, what is the solution?
To me the solution seems quite obvious but it gets clouded by the anti-zerg squad.
If you're being twatted by a BG, make a BG and fight back!!!
Even up the numbers, play around with some tactics and get even.
The zerg will never go away whilst it knows it will remain unchallenged, lord of the frontier and reaper of the holy rps.

Still when i try this i come up against a couple of problems.
Firstly, not many people will join a bg to fight back because they seem to have the opinion (re-inforced by much steamrollering) that fighting in a bg is skillless because you just steamroll single groups and then we will be "Just as bad as them" and "kill the server even more".
First response: When I try to make a BG it is to attack a BG, not single groups and i hope that people who read this post will be interested in trying larger scale battles and tactics against BGs and would like in future to join my BG for the sole purpouse of forming a response and searching out zergers and giving it back to them. And then have the patience to wait for the zerg to return so we can kick them back to their port keeps once again.
Secondly, when i do get people to join the BG, they don't seem to co-operate or communicate. Being in a BG doesn't magically give you an even chance if you do not write in /bu chat what your intentions are, where your group is, or even try to formulate tactics.
We need to gather together, get info on where enmemy zerg is and then co-operate. to move the BG together in a manner so that we can get some flanking going on, some sandwiching, some co-operated strikes.
A simple zerg will stand very little chance of surviving such action if we learn how to play together as whole groups and for a change, we may, just may, stop being so damn demoralized by the aerg that we just want to log and /uninstall DAoC.

I don't need to be the leader of this BG, but once, maybe just once, I would like to see it happen ....

So, whose with me?
Who wants to make a counter zerg BG?

I know I do.
You go to a bridge expect to be zerged:m00: End of? what you expect albs to do? leave keep solo in synchronize timing for ya?

scarfel

Fledgling Freddie
FYI preacher ...

Preach, you are right, if you go to the bridge you should expect to be zerged.
If you camp the bridge you should espect to be zerged, and yes, i led a BG last week farming at beno gates, i did it once ...

But thats not what i am talking about here.
HW area has been crawling with 2fg+ albs on stick roaming HW and hanging around outside berk feeding on the goups that come out of there.

In the last couple of nights i have seen 40+ albs on stick marauding around.

I'm not saying that mids don't retaliate in numbers because we do.
But we don't continue to move around on stick in a mass and we don't do it everytime we see an fg about.

Also, this post was asking the question ... "Wouldn't it be nice to form an organised bg to attack the albs whenever they return to the old formula of ramping up the numbers and simply steamrollering all in sight?"

Yes, they are gonna mass in numbers. yes, after being farmed oh so much we will eventually retalite in numbers, but wouldn't it be better to try some organised tactics, to arrange ourselves and maybe swing the battle firmly in our favour?

That simply is the question i'm asking.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Cuntodia Malakes on the other hand... :(

You on the other hand are the prototype of the fine player, camping docks and killing people who aren't worth any RPs.

Or just one more hypocrite ****, to use your own words.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
You on the other hand are the prototype of the fine player, camping docks and killing people who aren't worth any RPs.

Or just one more hypocrite ****, to use your own words.

I bet you'll remember that for the rest of your gaming days ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom