About Dyvet Admins..

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Fuck me well impressed by ur recent posts Shike

Shike for President

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Look at it from the other side Shike:

- Roaken offers fuck all encouragment - his a community manager for christ sake - and avoids the questions he doesn't want to answer. It's like having Req. all over again.

- People wouldn't be so fussed if he made it known he was attempting to help us. 'I've been querying the guys in the tech department on any feasible ways we can help you guys out.' Nothing of this sort has been present. Not even explanations why the clustering can't take place, why character transfers can't happen.

- I'm sure by now his aware he works for an awful company. If he is happy to continue to work for that company, in the community manager role, and to accept his paycheck whilst we all get screwed over, then he should deserve the flames too.

- His not just the messenger, his a community manager. He is suppose to relay information from us to GoA and vice versa amongst other things. Thus he should also take the shit thrown at him.

- I think the majority here get the feeling he doesn't give a shit.

I understand his been put in a horrible position, acting as the middle man between an incompetent company and a forum full of angry folk but unfortunately, that's where he is and he'll have to take everything thrown at him.

People want to know that Roaken's with them on the sinking ship, when really it feels as though his laughing at us from a helicopter up above.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I would shoot the messenger too. For bullshitting me/us for over half a year, stealing my money. Just see how Dyvet went down further when we finally got to know that nothing will be done. Sure, I can write it in a diplomatic way aka

"I am disappointed, the service is not like I expected it. I am leaving."

or in a less diplomatic way aka

"Fuck you, you're not getting any penny from me anymore, I hope your pathetic company goes broke along with France Telecom."

Seeing how much money there is behind Warhammer incoming for GoA and seeing how much financial background GoA has with France Telecom I am rather for the fuck you.

For years the GMs have been protected/backed up by some mods here, including Jupitus who locked threads when the community was complaining about Requiel spawning guards in a solo zone and brabbling about how soloing leads to more anti-social behaviour. Now people are venting and I am not suprised.

Maybe you should watch 300 again in order to remeber what happened with messengers there :p.

Just to make something clear, I am not for harming anyone physically, I've just had enough of GoA. It would make my day if someone would by this company and close it, pay the employees off and tell them to never touch a computer again. A better world for the players for sure.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
It's not that Roaken has done anything bad. It's more the fact that it doesn't seem like he has done anything at all. And his mere absence from these boards is to me proove enough. I mean, this is only one of my hobbies, and not my job, and yet I find the time to read and answer to alot of posts every single day. It's his job, so he should be able to do it more than me.

Show us something, anything. Any progress. And I would lighten up. But you can't look away from the fact that nothing is being done, or in the planning of being done. GoA has said so, and we need to accept it.

However, we can accept it very loudly, to make the future a little less wonderful for GoA's career.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Look at it from the other side Shike:

- Roaken offers fuck all encouragment - his a community manager for christ sake - and avoids the questions he doesn't want to answer. It's like having Req. all over again.

Yes perhaps but seriously, what else can he really do? He have basically already told us the bitter truth as he know it and that's pretty much that tbh. Dyvet will most likely not be clustered further and GOA will do nothing about the Dyvetplayers, thats just it. Game over man, game over. Those lingering about crying and whining should just flat out quit the game or reroll somewhere else, some of us already did just that a while ago and that was pretty much the only viable solution available and tbh, I saw this coming and so did others too. I have played under GOA for years now and I've learnt one thing about them, they just never change, they just dont. I fully expected this situation with the chars gone to waste and I dont know what you expected, I had some hopes for a chartransfer of some sort or perhaps that Mythic could give us accounts that had "tickets" for charactercreations or something similar but.. GOA dont give a rats ass about Dyvet anymore and after I've seen that former GM's performance I suspect this has been the case for quite some time too.. Wouldnt be surprised if he actually deliberately speeded on the process of people leaving Dyvet, Im not really paranoid but I do know what ruthless calculating productmanagers are capable of. Where does Roaken fit into all this? He's just doing a job and so far he hasnt really done anything that is worth whining about. Give me one example of what he has done wrong to actually deserve alot of flaming and personal attacks etc? I dont think you can pinpoint one single thing, otoh I can point out a couple of things that idiot Requiel did wrong and I flame him for it and I will always remember him as an arrogant prick with an attitude working with something that he shouldnt work with. I also dont think Roaken is avoiding any questions either, I've seen what he have said and I think the message is quite crystalclear, I dont need a big sign saying: DYVET IS NOW CLOSED FOR GOOD to realise whats going on. Some months ago I looked at Dyvets population primetime and it was like, 450 people playing, on mid/limors it was close to 900 people nonanon. The conclusion one can draw from that is just one, its gonna go to hell and the train will move quickly too. What other is there to say that need to be said? In my book, absolutely nothing. Our chars are gone, forever. Those of us that are mad about that fact can do our best to make sure that people are informed about how GOA have handeled the game for us from Prydwen and Exclibur during the years and importantly, how they ended it too. In dead silence with no offers to revive our old characters that we have put alot of time and effort into. This has nothing to do with Roaken.

- People wouldn't be so fussed if he made it known he was attempting to help us. 'I've been querying the guys in the tech department on any feasible ways we can help you guys out.' Nothing of this sort has been present. Not even explanations why the clustering can't take place, why character transfers can't happen.

What can he do, really? Do you actually believe that he actually even can do anything for us? GOA isnt interested in putting in the money for databaseconversions etc that seem to be needed in order to move them and thats your answer to your questions about clustering etc. They arent interested in it and the best answer they can give them without shooting their own foot off is, nothing. Stonedead silence is an informative answer that says it all. Nothing will happen and GOA will most likely never say anything official in the matter either, perhaps something later on the mainsite about how sorry they are over the recent developments and that they tried their best but due to technical limitations chartransfers nor further clusterings are possible, thanks for the time you have spent playing on Dyvet. We wish to see you as a player in WAR that is coming soon and we offer all old players a free month playing WAR as a token of appreciation.. etc. Thats the route it most likely will go, something like that. What they basically will say is: Thanks for letting us buttfuck you all and at the same time grab a hold of your money, we also welcome you to our next buttfuckfest called WAR, please come and give it a try so we can grab more of your money. Thats where we players can be naysayers and simply avoid GOA in the future, I sure as hell will! Thats all I need to know :)

- I'm sure by now his aware he works for an awful company. If he is happy to continue to work for that company, in the community manager role, and to accept his paycheck whilst we all get screwed over, then he should deserve the flames too.

Maybe he doesnt have an opinion at all about his company? Maybe he just see his job as a job and try to do it the best way he can? I know many out there do that. Flaming him for just doing his job isnt really serving any real valid purpose at all, all I see is bitter players that want to vent some steam out and he happen to be in the way and get caught in the crossfire, if I was him I would just leave FH and never post again. He have no reason to put up with it at all. Who will people whine to about that, send a letter to GOAs office? Rightnow it? (haha), what? All you fellas do is driving him away and I think its kinda sad since I dont believe he deserve the flames. Ofc you do as you wish and I cant stop you but, some respect for a fellow human being is never wrong. Dont take out your bitterness on him, send a wellformulated mail to some big gamingpaper like PC-GAMER or similar where you explain your views etc and who knows! You might even get it published where its relevant and matters! :D

- His not just the messenger, his a community manager. He is suppose to relay information from us to GoA and vice versa amongst other things. Thus he should also take the shit thrown at him.

At this stage in the game, he's just a messenger. Its hard to be a community manager where there is no community.. ok? Your shit doesnt even make it to the productmanager at GOA's HQ, do you honestly believe Roaken is delivering all the flames and shit thrown at him? If you do, then you are a tad naive I think.

- I think the majority here get the feeling he doesn't give a shit.

I understand his been put in a horrible position, acting as the middle man between an incompetent company and a forum full of angry folk but unfortunately, that's where he is and he'll have to take everything thrown at him.

People want to know that Roaken's with them on the sinking ship, when really it feels as though his laughing at us from a helicopter up above.

I think the majority of Dyvets players have realised that it's game over. The population clearly shows that. I dont see hundreds of bitter players crying their eyes out, I think some rolled US for a laugh, some maybe went limor/temair and many just quit the game, most are just glad for a fun time while it lasted i think and I think some also are glad its over, now they can easily drop their addiction to the game and do something more meaningful, sad but I think some feel that way. And as I said before, he aint a middleman, I dont think GOA give a crap about the little vocal community on FH that seem to believe its somehow important to them. FH wasnt ever really important, if a forum was important for GOA then they would have hosted their own and moderated it after their own rules.

People want to know.. wha? sinking ship? Dont you mean, shot to fucking bits and pieces, or perhaps obliterated is a better word? And if you think he's thinking all this crap is fun, Dyvet dead and whatnot, then you have forgotten what his job actually is.. The moment Dyvets switch is off, then hes off the job hes doing now. Perhaps he have other duties right now but, what if he actually likes his job? Maybe he's one of those people who actually like helping people with problems ingame and outgame? Havent it crossed your mind that he perhaps have chars on Dyvet thats gone to shit, and perhaps hes sad about it too? As you also are behind all that bitterness? Or have you gone completely blind? :)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
btw, Sarah Brightmans and Andrea Bocelli's little duet in "time to say goodbye" is quite fitting :D wonderful song! Listen to it :) It always puts a smile on my face.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
It's not that Roaken has done anything bad. It's more the fact that it doesn't seem like he has done anything at all. And his mere absence from these boards is to me proove enough. I mean, this is only one of my hobbies, and not my job, and yet I find the time to read and answer to alot of posts every single day. It's his job, so he should be able to do it more than me.

Show us something, anything. Any progress. And I would lighten up. But you can't look away from the fact that nothing is being done, or in the planning of being done. GoA has said so, and we need to accept it.

However, we can accept it very loudly, to make the future a little less wonderful for GoA's career.

Honestly m8, ask yourself why that might be?

No one still seems to be taking on board that its over. Or that roaken im sure supports the idea of a merge or offering us char transfer as much as we do - but it's beyond his powers to affect.

Also people dont seem to appreciate that he cant openly speak about GoA decisions without risking his job and his long term prospects.

Dont know how else to spell it out to people. <looks for that bang head on wall icon>

Anyway nothing more to add on this. Cept to say i'm not one for defending the GMs,as people will see from my historical posts, but in this case I do have quite a lot of sympathy for the encumbent one.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
No one still seems to be taking on board that its over.
Pffft.
But you can't look away from the fact that nothing is being done, or in the planning of being done. GoA has said so, and we need to accept it.

Yes, it's over. Dyvet is dead and there is no way to save it. So, we have 2 options the way I see it.

1. Accept it, move on, play on a different server, or in a different game, and never think of it again.
2. Accept it, but do it loudly, to give GoA a bad reputation, and make them regret neglecting the players of this game the way they did. Maybe in the future, they might even improve and actually listen to the people paying them money.

Also people dont seem to appreciate that he cant openly speak about GoA decisions without risking his job and his long term prospects.
Well, that's fair enough. I can understand he don't want to get fired or anything. But if that prevents him from putting forth our opinions to GoA, then something's not right, imo. And if he is putting our opinions forth to GoA, then why doesn't he simply say so? If the man in charge (if there is any such person) gets the information, I'm happy. It's just that atm there doesn't seem to be anyone in charge for anything at all, and the server seem to be run by a GM who is kept in the dark by his own company, who ain't got someone he can rely on helping him in these cases, maybe because the answers he gets from them is "we're busy with WAR!".

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
You pulling out some corking posts recently shike. You playing US server at the mo?

I'm playing Limors, got chars on mid and alb there :) we run a GG twice a week in mid with varying success with the guild <Pull my finger>. Thanks ;-)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
1. Accept it, move on, play on a different server, or in a different game, and never think of it again.
2. Accept it, but do it loudly, to give GoA a bad reputation, and make them regret neglecting the players of this game the way they did. Maybe in the future, they might even improve and actually listen to the people paying them money.

Any of these options is fine mate, any of them. Flaming Roaken is the wrong way to do it though, as I suggested earlier, write down a wellformulated letter to big gaming magazines and that can actually get a reaction somewhere where it matters.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Well, you kinda hit my point on the nail there shike... Why write a letter, when GoA has actually hired someone specifically to speak to us on their behalf? His job is to communicate between the playerbase and GoA HQ, isn't it? Yes I can understand he's just a guy trying to do his job and we shouldn't harass him. But his job is to speak to us. Communicate. And he's not doing it.

Ofc, maybe I'm wrong. But then what is his job if it's not to be of service to the players of the server? He is hired, to help us. We want his help. He's not supplying it.

And then the problem kicks in. He can't supply the help, because GoA won't/can't do what we need his help doing.

It's like walking to the place where you bought your computer, because it malfunctioned or whatever, and you want them to fix it. The guy says "hold a sec please", goes to talk to his bosses, and they say it can't be fixed, or they don't supply the service. What can the guy do then, apart from telling us what he's been told. Imagine there's 200 people in line. They got the excact same problem with the excact same computer. They're all pissed. He knocks up a sign above his door; "If you have a problem with XYZ, we can't fix it, TY."

So, option 1. as above, everyone says, ah bugger, throws the computer in the dump, and goes home, doing something else.
Option 2. people knock up a sign next to him, saying "This company sucks, please, think again before purchasing anything here."

Now, instead of just watching people knock these signs up, the guy could go and tell his bosses, that there was a whole lot of pissed of people out there, and they want a fix. They're even willing to pay good money for that fix. And if we don't supply the fix, less people will buy anything from us in the future. Then he could inform the people, that he has informed his bosses of this, and show them that any progress is being done.

I'm not telling people to flame Roaken. I don't agree with doing that, but I do agree, if you have something you want to tell GoA, then Roaken sure is the guy to tell it to. It's what he's hired for. Some people can control their anger, others can't, they should still have the right to speak up, though I would suggest trying to stay away from personal insults (as good readers of this board would know!), as they will simply remove the attention from the real content of your speach.

So, knocking up some signs warning people about GoA, I would agree with. They've not done a good job, and we should tell that to others considering using them. The fact that their GM's are powerless and can not do anything whatsoever just goes to show one of the crappy jobs GoA's doing. Why hire someone to tell you what the people think if you're simply gonna ignore it. And why not take any action earlier when they see all the complaints about GM activities. (Edit: Aiming at Requiel and some of his "funny" events with spawning stuff and banning people for playing this game in certain ways. Though maybe it's just GoA that don't see the difference between a low populated server and a high populated one.)

So, to sum it all up. Untill further notice; GoA sucks.

Edit2: Rofl, guess I didn't read your post well enough :p To a gaming magazine, not GoA! Ah well. Still is some things Roaken can/should be able to do though, imo.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Ahm... Hello!

Why on earth should anyone support roaken? I'm too lazy to find the post by requiel when he got introduced where it clearly states that he's not willing to be active on these forums in the first place!

And shike, the example you gave about that angry customer, mate it's totally out of context. In this case, the company's at fault in the first place, so yes, customers do have a case to be angry about.

Again I'll state it, if he can't handle the job, he should quit. Why the fuck should I or anyone else be sympathetic towards him? Take a look at your jobs, do you get any free rides by customers your company's not providing a proper service? Would you sympathise with your mobile phone carrier if you didn't have proper signal?

Come on, yes, accept that daoc is over and done with, but don't tell me that I have to be sympathetic towards the face of the company towards us.

And if roaken has the brains, he knows that it's nothing personal, it's an attack towards his possition at goa. As a professional he should be able to shield himself from any attacks, insults or anything else.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
there are differences between buying/renting a service and buying a merchandise :) Quite a few too.

You are also missing my point alittle, the thing is, to try and tell GOA something is like trying to move a mountain, sure it can be done but it would take such efforts that it simply isnt worth it. The CEO's and chairman dont give a flying fuck about what we sit and say here on this forum and thats that, thats the harsch sad truth. Sometimes companys accept alittle collateral damages in order to save some money, its called business where only money matters the most and thats kindof where we players are stuck. Thats why Im suggesting letters to big gaming magazines, if those get up on the surface and the magazines bring up the issue and pinpoint GOA as a crappy gaming company, then it will cause more than just collateral damage and thats where they need to be hit.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Why on earth should anyone support roaken?

im not saying that, im just pointing out the pointless in what some peeps are doing. :)

If you feel better from flaming some fella who havent done anything wrong on his own then sure, go ahead.. I hope you realise how small a man it actually makes you but the choice is ofc yours. I strongly disagree with the mentality that its fine to treat anyone belonging to a company that you happen to disagree with like a dirtbag, its just silly behaviour and quite childish too in my book.

But.. as I said, go ahead and do as you please, I cant stop you :fluffle:

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
If you feel better from flaming some fella who havent done anything wrong on his own then sure, go ahead.. I hope you realise how small a man it actually makes you but the choice is ofc yours. I strongly disagree with the mentality that its fine to treat anyone belonging to a company that you happen to disagree with like a dirtbag, its just silly behaviour and quite childish too in my book.

You're taking things way too personal. Roaken is just a name on a forum, same with Gear, same with Shike. However that name on the forum is the public face of a company and of course it will take on the heat. Fact is that if he wanted to improve his personal image he could have done something about it, then again he didn't.

His posts make no sense at all, he's trying to justify things for which there's no justification. Fair game, he's supporting his company, I completely understand that and I would have done the same thing in his shoes. But if you're not putting out the fire, excpect to get burned. It's very simple.

If you look at my posts there is no insulting at all. But I can't stand reading all that "care" attitude towards someone who doesn't deserve it. If he's a pro he knows the score, if he's a 18 year old that just finished school and need to get a /hug, well tough deal mate, but that's life.

Bloodcore

Can't get enough of FH
Didnt they cluster a korean server with the us servers? if so eu should be able to cluster too.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Actively berating someone who is there to listen to you but may not be able to provide the solution you are after is not exactly constructive as Shike has pointed out already. It matters not whether it's just a forum name or a real person. Taking the time to explain what the problem is & trying to work on a solution is far more constructive.

Now, as it happens, this is irrelevant in this instance as Roaken has already pointed out that what people want can't be done. The why & wherefores not withstanding, he's given you an answer. It's an unpleasant answer but he's spelt out the situation quite clearly. The fact that he doesn't do it in every thread that gets raised on the subject is immaterial; he's said it & has communicated with you.

What people seem to be doing is blaming Roaken for the mistakes of the past & therefore not trying to engage in debate or working towards anything but instead flying off the handle. Roaken is not Req & doesn't deserve to be treated as such. He may not be as active as Req was on these forums but as everyone flamed Req & then complained after the even that he was lying & had broken promises is this really any surprise?

Taking the issue up with GOA is nigh on impossible, so make sure that other people are aware of the issue when it comes round to other GOA/France Telecom services. Don't take it out on Roaken when he's just the man left holding the dirty laundry, be constructive & tell people why this stinks & what they've done (or not) to resolve the situation.

(at the risk of sounding like SHike ;) ).

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
All good and well Genedril, but seriously...?
What people seem to be doing is blaming Roaken for the mistakes of the past & therefore not trying to engage in debate or working towards anything but instead flying off the handle.
I mean it's not like Roaken is putting a whole lot of effort into debating the subject is it. It's more like "Here are the facts, accept them, or... well, just accept them. Bye."

flopster

Fledgling Freddie
I got a pm from roaken, asking me to keep my emotes to a minimum..........1 /yawn i gave a dead inf that constantly spammed all hibs with /rude. Didnt even think having a yawn was offensive

Genedril

Part of the furniture
All good and well Genedril, but seriously...?

I mean it's not like Roaken is putting a whole lot of effort into debating the subject is it. It's more like "Here are the facts, accept them, or... well, just accept them. Bye."

What is there for him to debate though? He's been told by his boss that it's not possible or will not be done - he's told you. What more can he say??

It's not ideal & I'd be the first to jump at a char transfer or even a cluster out to something with a decent playerbase, but Roaken's been told by his boss that it's not going to happen. Shouting at him isn't going to make it more likely to happen (if he's anything like me it'd make it less likely to happen tbh - at least if he's any control whatsoever ;) ).

Would you prefer that he'd continued Req's spin on things & we were all kept in the dark?

Genedril

Part of the furniture
I got a pm from roaken, asking me to keep my emotes to a minimum..........1 /yawn i gave a dead inf that constantly spammed all hibs with /rude. Didnt even think having a yawn was offensive

With the amount of players on that probably constitutes spam.....

(Ok bad joke).

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
What is there for him to debate though? He's been told by his boss that it's not possible or will not be done - he's told you. What more can he say??

It's not ideal & I'd be the first to jump at a char transfer or even a cluster out to something with a decent playerbase, but Roaken's been told by his boss that it's not going to happen. Shouting at him isn't going to make it more likely to happen (if he's anything like me it'd make it less likely to happen tbh - at least if he's any control whatsoever ;) ).

Would you prefer that he'd continued Req's spin on things & we were all kept in the dark?

Eh, read my post again, and include my quote from you.

You say that we don't even try to engage in a debate. Well wtf do you think I'm doing here :p My problem is that there is noone to debate with. So when your solution to the problem would be to "open a debate" rather than "flying off the handle"... Which debate? I'm very willing, and trying. It's he who doesn't want to, not me. And since when did debating become shouting? It's not like I've thrown any insults at him. It's GoA I blaim. I want him to tell them that I blaim them, that's all.

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
My point is i dont wanna start over again ..

and btw u have a rr10 char ? -no. so shut up, thanks..

not like rr10 is actually hard to get, even my buffbot is 8L3 and main 11L4 yet I started over on avalon and got rr5 without even trying. If you have to reroll then it isnt hard, you just have to want to play daoc enough to do it.

stupeh

Fledgling Freddie
If Dyvet was clustered with a large cluster then it clearly wouldn't remain english language based. The only other option is to do it with other unpopulated places which might amount to increasing the numbers by 4.

Biznitch

Banned
If Dyvet was clustered with a large cluster then it clearly wouldn't remain english language based. The only other option is to do it with other unpopulated places which might amount to increasing the numbers by 4.

Well the dead spanish server and other language server? italian?

they could see that it had been clustered with us and renew their accounts :O coz that would happen really :O actually would i bet u a fiver..

Hola como te llamas? me llamo spanish en el joinio Dyveto nowo? that would be the everyday conversation... in spain

so 2007 estimate for the pop of spain..45,116,894

... thats alot of spanish people now on dyvet :O now whos got the bigger pop :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom