About savages part 1713

O

old.Sko

Originally posted by Gahldir
did it to alb and hib SI classes before they even went live. must have been some real suckers testing savages imo ;)
savage was considered most gimped class at SI release, hence they gave cheap tank RAs to em =D

G

Gahldir

must say I like the axe savage that got upto over 1000 dmg without even critting ;)

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
Just wondering here Arnor...

Does weaponskill on a non-pure tank count differently as on a pure-tank? I thought it was the same, that's why hybrids mostly have lower weaponskill.

If there's a difference in weaponskill as well then they're penalized twice for being a non-pure tank: Lower weaponskill and it's counted differently :/

How important is weaponskill btw? And what does it mean: The lower your weaponskill the better chance the enemy has to evade/block/parry? I always thought it was like that.

last point: I always thought that too, but sanya said ws only affects hits/misses. evade/parry/block is not related to ws at all.

I think ws counts the same, but they are also usually on another dmg-table, so in that way they are double penalized (triple if you count cheap ra's)

A

Arnor

must say I like the axe savage that got upto over 1000 dmg without even critting ;)

I saw him xping in df with 2 axes and laughed to myself and thought what a gimp :D

guess im the fool here :)

O

old.Sko

Originally posted by Arnor
I saw him xping in df with 2 axes and laughed to myself and thought what a gimp :D

guess im the fool here :)

he's zerk wannabe =D
i can even guess whom you're talking about =D
and he sux =D

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by old.Sko
savage was considered most gimped class at SI release, hence they gave cheap tank RAs to em =D

hum, I think I will stick to my previous statement ;)

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by Arnor
last point: I always thought that too, but sanya said ws only affects hits/misses. evade/parry/block is not related to ws at all.

I think ws counts the same, but they are also usually on another dmg-table, so in that way they are double penalized (triple if you count cheap ra's)

wtf, in another thread long ago i asked about this, and Pin (ffs Pin!!) said evade/block/parry are all WS vs WS.. :mad:

and hit/misses was affected by to-hit bonuses..

i want teh truth!

O

old.anubis

1210 unstyled on one of the pics above :eek:

C

cougar-

Originally posted by vintervargen
wtf, in another thread long ago i asked about this, and Pin (ffs Pin!!) said evade/block/parry are all WS vs WS.. :mad:

and hit/misses was affected by to-hit bonuses..

i want teh truth!

pin was right.

O

old.Nol

So is LA damage and mids call it a nerf. I think a bit of consistency is in order :D

V

vintervargen

i have to agree that it seems that the defensive skills rise when fighting opponents that are ooe, such as evade/Parry/block. maybe just illusions ;)

C

cougar-

Originally posted by old.Nol
So is LA damage and mids call it a nerf. I think a bit of consistency is in order :D

nah it was a nerf, vnboard trolls couldent accept the 1000+ one dmg hits, and mythic claimed bug to excuse a nerf. it was just too high growth rate on la styles.

O

old.krane

Originally posted by cougar-
nah it was a nerf, vnboard trolls couldent accept the 1000+ one dmg hits, and mythic claimed bug to excuse a nerf. it was just too high growth rate on la styles.

look it up.

it was a B U G

mkkay m8?

O

old.Nol

:D

I am water you are glue ;)

C

cougar-

Originally posted by old.Nol
:D

I am water you are glue ;)

they simply wont nerf em because they want ppl to buy SI. nuff said.

C

cougar-

Originally posted by old.krane
look it up.

it was a B U G

mkkay m8?

how can you say its bug when they gave LA high growth? it was only a decision from dev team.A bug is something you can abuse to get unfair advantage, la was just good dmg. and i know mythic call it a bug, still dont change anything.

B

Begach

pin was right.

I thought evade/block where related to a fixed percentage (this obtained from base + spec) modified by dex. I'd still like to hope this is partly true or giving dodger to group bards as "some extra defence" is fuckin worthless (low weapon skill=unlikely to evade).

Admittedly it's looking more like what pin said. V's another hybrid (low WS) i'm the dancing butterfly with the evades/blocks.......against tanks more like my feet are glued to the ground.

So tell me. Did mythic fuck up AGAIN ??

B.

V

vintervargen

guess who gonna roll the new hib ToA class and PL to 50 and rvr 24/7

mememememememememememememememememememmememememememememememememememememememememememmemememememememememememememememe

I

Ialkarn

About savages losing healt whit chants.. or to be "weaks" and getting killed easy,well it's something it dosen't count really in a rvr group.

As tank you aren't supposed to be a primary target,and if you are, that mean your supports are already dead..and you lost the battle,or worse the group you are fighting it's crap and you have your 3-4 seers able to heal you.
you got a fucking hight ammount of chants but you ll use only the dps and the haste one if you don't have agro on you (or only the dps one if you are h2h and have double haste already).
that it's 7% of your UNBUFFED hits
something of not noticiable..something can be easy fixed during a fight by the spread heals the healers costantly spam.

Hibrid weaponskills?
Crap frontal styles?

you are a tank hitting supports on the back
those things dosen't count really.

h2h>2h

p.s.:an hight miss rate it's nothing when you can hit 1-2-3-4 times every 1.5 secs.

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Rg.Miath
the savge is just meant to be the more offensive version of the friar with no healing abilities and health being knocked off instead for their sins
Ooops! I think you just implied that Savages are hybrids and thus should get no tank RAs! Bummer!
So get those slams in, savages weakness is thier hp constantly dripping away,
Ahh yes. Pity the buffs get taken off base hitpoints and not buffed hitpoints. Another point to fix!

C

cougar-

Originally posted by Belomar
Ooops! I think you just implied that Savages are hybrids and thus should get no tank RAs! Bummer!Ahh yes. Pity the buffs get taken off base hitpoints and not buffed hitpoints. Another point to fix!

hitpoints isnt realy the answer, 1 spreadheal and it's nullified. you need to reduce quads or remove tank ra:s or smth more nasty.

V

vintervargen

all hail cougar-, the first honest mid (partially anyway) !

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Pandemic
HI I AM A STUPID TANK AND I THINK CASTERS R0XXOR COZ I AM NOT SMART ENOUGH TO KILL EM IN RVR EVEN THOUGH I IT IS REALLY EASY
That's nice.

B

Belomar

hitpoints isnt realy the answer, 1 spreadheal and it's nullified. you need to reduce quads or remove tank ra:s or smth more nasty.
Yeah... My pet peeve is the tank RAs. Oh, and the ability to spec 2H, I don't think Savages were able to do that in the US beta.

B

Begach

Originally posted by Belomar
Yeah... My pet peeve is the tank RAs. Oh, and the ability to spec 2H, I don't think Savages were able to do that in the US beta.

Just to qualify here. A savage can't SPEC 2h afaik. They have to style off thier normal melee line. They do not get a special line with different grow rates like LW.

Btw most mid melee classes can do this, including afaik SB (i never tried holding one but certainly looked useable in the merchant list; white not grayed etc). Just one thing on the huge (and growing thanks to mythic) list of shit that makes the n00bers roll mid4tehwin!!!. ;)

B.

A

Amadon

Originally posted by Pandemic
? dont see what the difference is between a savages quad damage on you and a caster hitting me for 600 dmg every 2 seconds
1) it'll be 3 seconds before you're hit, not 0 seconds
2) the chanter can be interrupted
3) the chanter cannot evade
4) the chanter has low hps, crap armour and crap absorb
5) the chanter has no access to determination, IP or cheap purge
6) the chanter can generally be killed before he can get off more than 1 cast

I would have thought the differences were pretty fucking glaringly obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom