About savages part 1713

V

vintervargen

I play savage!! and we are not overpowered FFS!!!!!111

deja vu anyone:confused:

C

cougar-

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
I made screenies of the savages hitting me in RvR just TODAY.

As we all know it's not always easy to take screenshots when in RvR so I am quite sure I missed a few.

I've been monitoring Savages on my friar to my best possible way, but it's hard. But I am pretty confident those multple hits ARE NOT as rare as Mythic/GOA/Mids(?) tend to make me believe.

Perhaps it's all bad luck to me, who can tell ? The screenshots aren't framed or whatever, I wouldn't do that, these are real screenshots in a REAL RvR fight. Not duels or whatever.

Bruthor(4): http://brethren.onlinecombat.com/screenshots.aspx?picture=563&pw=1rwuvnm7dm

Machina(3): http://brethren.onlinecombat.com/screenshots.aspx?picture=562&pw=8r6ct1huu3

Iri (4): http://brethren.onlinecombat.com/screenshots.aspx?picture=561&pw=slgcm8paqg

Shayala (3): http://brethren.onlinecombat.com/screenshots.aspx?picture=560&pw=6qbqgguac1

Venomz (4): http://brethren.onlinecombat.com/screenshots.aspx?picture=559&pw=iajpo1nc5f

Venomz (4): http://brethren.onlinecombat.com/screenshots.aspx?picture=558&pw=6kwgmwoola

And no: I have not been RvR'ing all day meeting Savages. I think I collected these screenies in a timespan of 3 hours RvR. Including ALOT of releases because dying to this :)

Yes, this looks like a whine. But someone asked to make screenshots from savages doing this.. So I did.

Also note: These guys don't swing with 5.x speed. They swing close to 2.0-2.5 speed.

I would like people to post more screenshots to SHOW to the Mids who think 'all is ok' what kinda dps we have to counter.

To be complete:

Class getting hit: Friar - level 50
Realmrank: RR4
Armour: Leather (weak to crush, resistant to thrust, neutral to slash)
AF: 629 (99% leather, baseline AF-buff + AF selfbuff)
Friar spec: 39+13 staff, 49+3 enhance, 18+3 rejuv, 9+9 parry
Melee-resists: 28% crush, 29% slash, 25% thrust
Absorb: 10% from leather and 15% absorb-buff from selfbuff
(btw: I would like to point out this AF and absorb is equivalent to Mid-chain and Hib-scale).
Mids have 3 Strength-relics

P.S. I can expect 'cry more noob' / 'use tactics' etc replies.. I am not waiting for this.. I wanna open a SERIOUS discussion if you think this is 'acceptable' damage. Also please bring in more screenies of you getting hit by savages to acquire as much data as possible.

uhm, dont see the point, see some savages miss or do shitty dmg... :confused:

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by Pandemic
? dont see what the difference is between a savages quad damage on you and a caster hitting me for 600 dmg every 2 seconds

Difference is significant.
Casters can be interupted, savages cannot.
Casters have low hp, savages do not.
Casters have crap armor, savages do not.
Casters don't get access to cheap tank ra's, savages do.
Casters nuke for 600hp after a debuff, savages do this all the time.
Regards, Glottis

O

old.Filip

uhm, dont see the point, see some savages miss or do shitty dmg...

read aragon's post about savager's speed (1,5-1,7 with slowest weapons and 20,5 dps) .... then the damage savager's do is insane ...

compare to stormriderx rr7-8 something BM who do 250-300 every 2,5 sec

A

Arnor

Originally posted by old.Filip
read aragon's post about savager's speed (1,5-1,7 with slowest weapons and 20,5 dps) .... then the damage savager's do is insane ...

compare to stormriderx rr7-8 something BM who do 250-300 every 2,5 sec

but savages miss alot more, and they can hit for crap dmg (like that 450dmg quadhit with 20% melee bonus, mmkay.

C

cougar-

Originally posted by Arnor
but savages miss alot more, and they can hit for crap dmg (like that 450dmg quadhit with 20% melee bonus, mmkay.

yeah AND tauntshout wont interupt anymore in 1.62. casters will destroy us !!1:(

A

Arnor

Originally posted by cougar-
yeah AND tauntshout wont interupt anymore in 1.62. casters will destroy us !!1:(

dont feel bad, you can always roll a thane for mad interrupt :p

O

old.Filip

?? savages miss more than other tanks ?? (clueless if you are joking me)

could be interesting to let the top merc/BM figth the top savage when 1.62 hit us ..... should be like 10+ duells though

C

cougar-

dont feel bad, you can always roll a thane for mad interrupt :p

true, thane will be new fotm when they get the abla chant and pulsing dmg chant etc. back to lair we go!

P

Puppetmistress

Yeah perhaps in frontloading terms it sucks for an old-skool zerker like you Arnor :)

But in terms of efficient dps a good-buffed savage > oldskool zerker.

Savages miss alot more. I take it you agree with me that a savage his job is not to kill the tanks but the support first. The support has no defense except an unspecced shield.

What weaponskill does a h2h-savage fully-buffed have? My friar has a weaponskill of around 1250 and very rarely misses against a support-class. So I believe that's not very different to a savage. I also think a buffed savage has (way) more weaponskill then 1250 so he will probably miss even less. The lack of a good anytime-style on the savage is not an unique problem: Alot of classes lack a good anytime-style, friar has one tho, that's true.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Parzi quotes this from his logs:
Total swings: 729
Total misses: 33

So 729 hits, 33 misses, gives us a 4.5% miss rate. With my scout with 1700 weaponskill, I only wished I could get that miss rate.
Regards, Glottis

P

Puppetmistress

How exactly is a 7-man group (remains of a GG) considered zerging ?

Want me to look up the screenshot where 24 Redguard Reloaded Members are online on Hib/Pryd and you state 'only maximum 10 members online, come check if you like'.

You already lost your credability a long time ago and being member of the Red Gard guild didn't make it better.

Besides zerging has nothing to do with this thread, so stop the blatant post-farming :/

O

old.Sko

Originally posted by old.Filip
?? savages miss more than other tanks ?? (clueless if you are joking me)

could be interesting to let the top merc/BM figth the top savage when 1.62 hit us ..... should be like 10+ duells though

savage will die.
they are not duel class. period.
they can do insane damage from side, back etc.
and anytime without to-hit - lol bluntmaster kills them easy one-on-one. first parry and goodbye savage =D

O

old.Sko

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu

So 729 hits, 33 misses, gives us a 4.5% miss rate. With my scout with 1700 weaponskill, I only wished I could get that miss rate.
Regards, Glottis
It gets fixed next patch, mkay ?

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu

Regards, Glottis

is your scout a puretank? didnt think so

is scout miss-rate being fixed? yes

what did he swing that on btw? low wpnskill misses more on high af targets etc.

and from that log, how many %quads were there?

S

stunned

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
How exactly is a 7-man group (remains of a GG) considered zerging ?

Want me to look up the screenshot where 24 Redguard Reloaded Members are online on Hib/Pryd and you state 'only maximum 10 members online, come check if you like'.

You already lost your credability a long time ago and being member of the Red Gard guild didn't make it better.

Besides zerging has nothing to do with this thread, so stop the blatant post-farming :/

Omg idoit calm down. I was referring to seeing MY OWN guild on the picture.

Wtf is your problem. Think You have ANY credability here ??spending hours of nothing but whines and writing 10000 words of bs in every post.

Oh and btw why dont You check how many Rg play on Prydwen atm when your online the enxt time,

Or maybe You are to busy commenting how we name our chars, remember Buffzorina the bard = my char.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by old.Sko
savage will die.
they are not duel class. period.
they can do insane damage from side, back etc.
and anytime without to-hit - lol bluntmaster kills them easy one-on-one. first parry and goodbye savage =D

ehm

try duelling a hth savage that gets in evade chain, also, never ooe, 50ish melee resists etc, evade 50% lala, i dont think savage will die tbh.

C

cougar-

ehm

try duelling a hth savage that gets in evade chain, also, never ooe, 50ish melee resists etc, evade 50% lala, i dont think savage will die tbh.

savage got 30 sec to kill, you are pretty busted when all shouts expire.

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by svartmetall
Yeah they're the REAL uber dmg dealers...my H2h Sav got crushed by one in a duel.

yeah, and duels ARE RvR ;)

seriously, 2h2 > 2h

but if you wanna reroll to 2h it's fine by me. makes my life easier ;)

S

Skopti

I'd have left the Bruthor screeny out to be honest, out of the 4 hits he missed twice, you parried once and he hit you for 82 dmg.

Wonder how much you would have belted him back for.

This screeny to me points out the complete unpredictability of the savage.

N

-Nuked-

i allways die instantly to savage

:( i suck and thats sad, wish my caster hit for 600dmg every 2seconds.

N

noaim

Originally posted by Gahldir
yeah, and duels ARE RvR ;)

seriously, 2h2 > 2h

but if you wanna reroll to 2h it's fine by me. makes my life easier ;)

Less buttons to press for 2h :D

I was gonna go hammer, but then I need to press a followup for my backstyle aswell...so I changed to sword, 2 buttons4tehwin!!

P

Puppetmistress

is your scout a puretank? didnt think so

Just wondering here Arnor...

Does weaponskill on a non-pure tank count differently as on a pure-tank? I thought it was the same, that's why hybrids mostly have lower weaponskill.

If there's a difference in weaponskill as well then they're penalized twice for being a non-pure tank: Lower weaponskill and it's counted differently :/

How important is weaponskill btw? And what does it mean: The lower your weaponskill the better chance the enemy has to evade/block/parry? I always thought it was like that.

O

old.m0000

don't worry they'll get nerfed to hell soon enough, how do i know this? well simply because they are worse than pre-1.62 zerkers and look what happened to them.

C

cougar-

Originally posted by old.m0000
don't worry they'll get nerfed to hell soon enough, how do i know this? well simply because they are worse than pre-1.62 zerkers and look what happened to them.

they never nerf SI classes :cheers: :cheers:

O

old.Sko

givf baod nerf and resist rework etc. then sm groups 4 teh win. imo more fun and skill involved =D

O

old.krane

yeah it took 6 months to nerf em....omg the joy...

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Skopti
I'd have left the Bruthor screeny out to be honest, out of the 4 hits he missed twice, you parried once and he hit you for 82 dmg.

Wonder how much you would have belted him back for.

This screeny to me points out the complete unpredictability of the savage.

That's the difference between me and alot of others. Like I said: I am not framing any evidence or making the sample unfair: I just looked up all the screenshots I made today of savages doing multiple-hits on me.

That one of Bruthor was on my frontal arc (hence the parry ofcourse) because at that time I think we already won the fight and I went head-to-head with him. I also think at the time he swinged that to me he wasn't buffed (anymore)..

But why would I leave it out? I am not doing this to get a wrong view on savages, I am trying to get an accurate view on them. And this one was screenshotted too, so I decided to put it in :)

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by cougar-
they never nerf SI classes :cheers: :cheers:

did it to alb and hib SI classes before they even went live. must have been some real suckers testing savages imo ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom