A Unwritten Rule.

Vandar

Loyal Freddie
Well, its good news!!
After 10 pages of one or two people having lots of heated discussions if you check back there are only about 2-3 posts from people who disagree that giving someone already at the artifact 10-15 min to get a group together is not a good idea.
Most (and by most I guess about 98% of the players on Pry AND Excal) of the players are happy to do this, its just the 2% selfish, ignorant gimps that this thread is aimed at and as GOA will do nothing about it I think its a great idea from Vav that the community as a whole will.
Wish it had been done 18 months ago.

Herjulf

Banned
Phoebee-v- said:
Cause they follow the rules and not your rules?

yup, sounds more like an ego thing to me.

Some horses are to high, for their short legs. So get of your high horses.

vandar said:
After 10 pages of one or two people having lots of heated discussions if you check back there are only about 2-3 posts from people who disagree that giving someone already at the artifact 10-15 min to get a group together is not a good idea.

More of a matter of fear of sticking out the jaw.
As they are threatened to be banned from raids. And most people dont feel a need to discuss this, it is such a basic right to do a artifact without having to ask anyone if they can do it or not.
Just do it!

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Phoebee-v- said:
Cause they follow the rules and not your rules?

Herjulf said:
yup, sounds more like an ego thing to me.

Some horses are to high, for their short legs. So get of your high horses.

:eek2: roflmfao - this thread gets funnier by the day :eek2:

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Bluesky said:
:eek2: roflmfao - this thread gets funnier by the day :eek2:

y... ppl just dont wanne c the "why" in why i posted this threat. But hey heads up, ppl just reply on this cause they are bored and wanne keep on arguing.
But like i said and keep saying, our thoughts and opinions have been said :)

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Your opinion is irrelevant without proper argumentation. Personal attacks on people who disagree with you make your case weak and the "powerplay" of threats of being banned from public raids and added in RvR only add to my believe that the rules GOA makes are the only ones i should respect. There is a difference between should and will though.

:fluffle: , yes i like fluffle a lot

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
old.windforce said:
Your opinion is irrelevant without proper argumentation. Personal attacks on people who disagree with you make your case weak and the "powerplay" of threats of being banned from public raids and added in RvR only add to my believe that the rules GOA makes are the only ones i should respect. There is a difference between should and will though.

:fluffle: , yes i like fluffle a lot

Can i add that i dont attack ppl nor did i say to add on rvr :clap:

Vandar

Loyal Freddie
Herjulf said:
More of a matter of fear of sticking out the jaw.
As they are threatened to be banned from raids. And most people dont feel a need to discuss this, it is such a basic right to do a artifact without having to ask anyone if they can do it or not.
Just do it!

So you're clearly in the 2%

Henx

Fledgling Freddie
Henx said:
Let us turn the table, what would you guys think was the appropriate solution for the problem? Should we accept people doing something that most of the old Prywden server would think is very wrong and selfish? And why should any player accept that someone was doing what the vaster majority of the players would consider totally disrespectful? Why should I accept them to piss me off with acting in (to me) a poor manor?

When I play from time to time and finally find the encounter I need around – Try to gather the people I need for it - and someone jumps in and grabs it – why should I live with that? I know most would say – you of cause shouldn’t – and that is where the ban comes into play. Why should I and mi friends play with those I and they consider jerks?

Henx said:
And mind the ban isn't a lifetime ban. It was thought as a temp ban until the guilds could clean up their ranks for those selfish buggers that roam out there.

Gonna try this again. What you you guys Hjerulf, Old.Windforce, Phoebee-V- think we should do?? Just leave it all be, things that we really think is wrong, unrespectful and anoying? :eek7:

All I've heard from you guys is how unfair things are. When just a few select piss of a great deal of peoples - would you guys really have us just stand there and say - well fine - ok with me ... pftt.... That is really lame to expect that the majority of peoples that agree on something is wrong, should just stand there and do nothing about it.

Give us a few in your eyes better solutions the the probelem WE think is there and WE feel is needed to be delt with.

Try to be constructive yourself and not keep on whining about life is unfair. That wont change until we have a better solution.

TommyJ

Fledgling Freddie
The augmentation for all this fuzz is that we are many that thinks that ganking a arti mob when ppl are preparing for the mob is very rude and alot of ppl dont find it very funny when you try to get your ppl there and then the encounter gets started/done before everything is in place..

Just an exsample - cloudsong wich is a fairly easy encounter and that most ppl easily can solo.. but in that case its not the artifact itself but the encounter that is very hard to get due to spawn rate and that ppl camp it all the time and its also a group encounter wich require and item before you will complete the quest and be able to wear the cloak a case like this is very likely to be screwed by some selfish dude that just happend to run by and decided to "steal" the artifact..
That was just and exsample but this is also the case with all the other artifact outthere.. it is very rude to just go ahead and act like you are the only person in this world and since GOA wont do anything about it.. maybe we as a comunity should act upon these persons that do stuff like this and those that really dont care about other ppl other than themselfs

As suggested we are many that find it usefull if we as a comunity as a whole could find some simple "rules" that we all go by.. like if you come to an artifact and you see someone is standing there or a group for that matter.. go to them and act like a grown up - talk to them, ask them if they are going to do the encounter and if so ask if you could join and maybe help or just sit quietly and wait for the encounter to finnish so you have that completed.. If they should say no for some reason then just accept it instead of acting like a child and just "steal" the encounter just becuase it dosent say in the CoC dosent mean that it is okay to do it..

We all know that much of this stuff we are talking about isnt against the CoC but is it paying respect to your fellow realm mates?

As some of the more active raid leaders suggested lets stand together and make a stand instead of just letting things like this happen.. and if the guilds also backed up on this issue then we could make it end (or just reduce it) and we could all get more fun out off playing this game.. and this is something that will benefit us all if ppl started paying some respect to others

Edit: Rules that "control" what ppl are allowed to do is alrdy taking action in the guilds and alliences all around the realms so why not also have rules about stuff like this?

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Vandar said:
So you're clearly in the 2%
You don’t get it ignorant pryd moron. You come from a happy happy joy joy server and we don’t. Do NOT come here with pathetic arrogant rules when you don’t have ANY idea what the history is on OUR server. The 2% you are talking about is from YOUR server. Add the 98% from our server and the % is getting close.

I will NEVER follow ANY rules made by some random guy/girl unless it’s about HIS raids/event. They DONT have that power.
Does that mean that I won’t do the "right" thing at artifacts?? No.
Get it ignorant little happy happy joy joy kid??

These rules will split mid more that it’s going to turn this into a server where everyone respect each other. I explained this in a post on one of the previous pages.
Vav and Blue it's very arrogant of you to think you can get this thru.

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Henx said:
Gonna try this again. What you you guys Hjerulf, Old.Windforce, Phoebee-V- think we should do?? Just leave it all be, things that we really think is wrong, unrespectful and anoying? :eek7:

Follow the rules as they are written instead of qqing about rules that you want at the moment as they suit you and alot of others. I cba to keep this flame war going on. Some people play by the rules and some people make thier own....

Henx

Fledgling Freddie
Phoebee-v- said:
Follow the rules as they are written instead of qqing about rules that you want at the moment as they suit you and alot of others. I cba to keep this flame war going on. Some people play by the rules and some people make thier own....

What really amazes me about that comment is that, WE are not the ones that feel it is unjust what we are doing... YOU ARE!!!! :twak:

And the first time you have to contribute to how this whole matter is solves, all I hears is you’re bitching, and can't be bothered... That REALLY sucks...:puke:

These rules do not suit me especially. But they are base on what many think is good manors and common sense. So unless you have a constructive solution to what is better to let ALL (not ONLY you) have a good time, guess the rule is not going to change..

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Henx said:
What really amazes me about that comment is that, WE are not the ones that feel it is unjust what we are doing... YOU ARE!!!! :twak:

And the first time you have to contribute to how this whole matter is solves, all I hears is you’re bitching, and can't be bothered... That REALLY sucks...:puke:

These rules do not suit me especially. But they are base on what many think is good manors and common sense. So unless you have a constructive solution to what is better to let ALL (not ONLY you) have a good time, guess the rule is not going to change..

omfg

This post is leading nowhere can't some mod lock it or should we make it a +1 post and let the flame war continue?

As I wrote I rather play by the rules that are in the game then to make new. If you can't accept the rules that are in the game why the heck are you qqing about us that are?

Your point being that if I log a 50 char, random class with random gear and keep it logged in from work I can claim an artifact that pops when I just get to work even if I cna't do it until I come home and play for real? I can keep other people standing there waiting for me to do it and I say I will as soon as I can as I have camped and claimed that artifact as I need it for my random alt 3182371829371928 or guildmate number 31263126388 that needs it?

I see your vailed point I got no problem at all understanding what you want or what you want the community to play by. But as the rules are now it is the first one that pulls the mobs that owns it. Just live with it. Threathen to ban people cause you can't play by the rules of the game is even more damaging to the community if u want us to act together but can't even play with using threats shows how disrespectful you are towards other people.

This topic is getting out of hands if u want a diffrent ruleset for artifacts/mob engagement/mobs pulling etc then ask goa instead of starting a silly argue on FH. Play with the rules instead of qqing about them.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Kathal said:
You don’t get it ignorant pryd moron. You come from a happy happy joy joy server and we don’t. Do NOT come here with pathetic arrogant rules when you don’t have ANY idea what the history is on OUR server. The 2% you are talking about is from YOUR server. Add the 98% from our server and the % is getting close.

I will NEVER follow ANY rules made by some random guy/girl unless it’s about HIS raids/event. They DONT have that power.
Does that mean that I won’t do the "right" thing at artifacts?? No.
Get it ignorant little happy happy joy joy kid??

These rules will split mid more that it’s going to turn this into a server where everyone respect each other. I explained this in a post on one of the previous pages.
Vav and Blue it's very arrogant of you to think you can get this thru.

first of all ure inpolite , calling some1 a moron. Second of all were not arrogant. Third of all every1 does what he wants in the end, but if they do brake the things i have written down we will ban them. easy enough for you?
O and can i say, that u dont know the power we have, not do we know that ourselves. We try to make it better and we will c how u will play ure role in all that. but the more u throw dirt at ppl, the more u prove how less power U got.

vav.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Phoebee-v- said:
omfg

This post is leading nowhere can't some mod lock it or should we make it a +1 post and let the flame war continue?

As I wrote I rather play by the rules that are in the game then to make new. If you can't accept the rules that are in the game why the heck are you qqing about us that are?

Your point being that if I log a 50 char, random class with random gear and keep it logged in from work I can claim an artifact that pops when I just get to work even if I cna't do it until I come home and play for real? I can keep other people standing there waiting for me to do it and I say I will as soon as I can as I have camped and claimed that artifact as I need it for my random alt 3182371829371928 or guildmate number 31263126388 that needs it?

I see your vailed point I got no problem at all understanding what you want or what you want the community to play by. But as the rules are now it is the first one that pulls the mobs that owns it. Just live with it. Threathen to ban people cause you can't play by the rules of the game is even more damaging to the community if u want us to act together but can't even play with using threats shows how disrespectful you are towards other people.

This topic is getting out of hands if u want a diffrent ruleset for artifacts/mob engagement/mobs pulling etc then ask goa instead of starting a silly argue on FH. Play with the rules instead of qqing about them.

Im work at a farm. I pass my strawberies...
i take all the good ones and drop em in the basket.
Then i take all the bad ones and throw em in the bin, no need for those...
Thats what were doing. Thrust me u speak of 90% not gnoe listen to this. Try me. its gone be the way around! Ppl will c the good in this and the bad in what u try to do...

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
vavires said:
Im work at a farm. I pass my strawberies...
i take all the good ones and drop em in the basket.
Then i take all the bad ones and throw em in the bin, no need for those...
Thats what were doing. Thrust me u speak of 90% not gnoe listen to this. Try me. its gone be the way around! Ppl will c the good in this and the bad in what u try to do...

Aye and what you are trying to do is better? Ban whole guilds cause of 1 member? omg grove up dude.

As I said I will follow th rules of the game and allways has. If you can't stand the rules by all means ban me from your raids and show what big heart you got for the community.

Limitless

Fledgling Freddie
keep wondering why raid leaders always think theyre _the man_ and must ban everything and everyone from their precious raids

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
vavires said:
first of all ure inpolite , calling some1 a moron. Second of all were not arrogant. Third of all every1 does what he wants in the end, but if they do brake the things i have written down we will ban them. easy enough for you?
O and can i say, that u dont know the power we have, not do we know that ourselves. We try to make it better and we will c how u will play ure role in all that. but the more u throw dirt at ppl, the more u prove how less power U got.

vav.

Those "we" you speak of, is that some kind of sect or something?

Belomar

Part of the furniture
ROFL, such arrogance, Vavires hasn't changed one bit since he quit the last time. :rolleyes:

Dest

Fledgling Freddie
Ye seems like someone is trying to show the true nature of arrogance instead of... hmm.. ye wtf was all this about?

Thumbs down for Vavi for this thread. The initial though was nice but you totally messed it up.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Dest said:
Ye seems like someone is trying to show the true nature of arrogance instead of... hmm.. ye wtf was all this about?

Thumbs down for Vavi for this thread. The initial though was nice but you totally messed it up.

it hasnt been about anything eslse except then intial thought

Dest

Fledgling Freddie
vavires said:
it hasnt been about anything eslse except then intial thought

Not exactly. The way you posted is not my cup of tea and it seems a lot of others feel the same way. In fact... you are imo not much different from the very same people you describe and want to ban from your raids. Dictating what people should or should not do -atleast in the way you did here - is just not right.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Give us a few in your eyes better solutions the the probelem WE think is there and WE feel is needed to be delt with.

Try to be constructive yourself and not keep on whining about life is unfair. That wont change until we have a better solution.

Although I`m not counting myself to those last 2%, I`ll pick up the challenge and actually answer your request.

First, I´d like to point out why the strictly CoC and nothing else policy is a good thing: because it´s 100% idiot-proof and on top of that, it doesn´t leave any room for interpretations, gray areas or discussions. It´s a binary thing: you´re either right (pulled first) or wrong. That´s exactly the reason why GoA doesn´t do anything against the so called artifact stealers. The ammount of work, to just decide who´s right and who´s wrong under certain circumstances and situations would be enough to keep multiple GMs busy.

As soon as there is some sort of agreement or "rule", you can construct situations that aren´t clear. The camper being on the phone for 5 minutes,, the camper going LD and relogging during pop, two guys camping the same artifact from different sides, not noticing each other, people giving the camper 8 minutes instead of 10 or 15 to gather his group etc.ad.lib. Now don´t bother giving an evaluation of those situations. They´re just examples and reality is able to create even more sophisticated things to argue about.

This is where your ideas of working together as one realm and friendship and courtesy hits in. In theory, there shouldn´t be any problems at all. But the problems exist and even the most polite and humble player will eventually get into a situation where he feels that he´s in the right when he´s not.

Putting pressure on other players doesn´t work as we´ve seen in this thread. At best, it creates a situation where people are playing nicely not because they´re nice players but because they´re told to play nicely. Kinda like back in the days when we were kids and went to visit our auntie and uncle and our mom told us to be nice... and you had to be nice not because yout auntie was such a lovely person, but because you had to. :)
In worst case, it will support the people, who´re ready to exploit the unwritten rules (as I described a couple posts above).

Ok.. now what shall we do? My suggestion - and I really mean it, so please take it seriously and think about it for a minute - stop camping artifacts. Camping artifacts is the source of all this (well... no, actually the greedy, impolite players are, but that´s a different story) because some people keep thinking that sitting in front of a spawnpoint is giving them some sort of privilege. That´s where all this is coming from. You´re wasting your time, waiting endless hours and think that there must be some reward for this. But according to a. the rulebook and b. to a lot of other playes, it isn´t. Everybody is free to waste his time in whatever way he wants to, but I don´t want to be affected by that. That´s one thing that many of you guys seem to miss. I don´t want people limiting and shaping my options when I´m not even online. That´s neither selfish, nor greedy, nor is it against the spirit of the game or damaging the atmosphere. On the other hand, camping artifacts is. If you want artifacts, gather a group, roam TOA lands and kill what´s up. Bang! Problem solved. No whining, no artifact stealing, no endless boring hours of watching a campspot. I don´t claim that this is the ultimate solution for every problems concerning artifacts. But at least it´s a solution that´s fair.

I think we all (more or less) agree that a certain level of courtesy and politeness is something we can´t live without. That´s what´s making this game worth playing. But please let it happen naturally and not via some sort of rules. I`d prefer to help because I WANT and receive help from people who WANT to help and I prefer an honest smile over a fake smile every day.

Ok.. this is long enough and it´s not even my realm. :)

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Henx said:

Things that YOU think are wrong etc. I am sorry but i think that camping is retarded and deserves no reward. Besides that the RULES in this game think i am right

Henx said:
All I've heard from you guys is how unfair things are. When just a few select piss of a great deal of peoples - would you guys really have us just stand there and say - well fine - ok with me ... pftt.... That is really lame to expect that the majority of peoples that agree on something is wrong, should just stand there and do nothing about it.

Did you do a poll? and what is a poll worth? it only gives the opinion of a few people who read freddyshouse. And judging by the amount of people that seem to disagree with the original posters statement i suggest that is exactly what you should do: nothing

Henx said:

Try to be constructive yourself and not keep on whining about life is unfair. That wont change until we have a better solution

We have a perfect solution called: RULES!

Glenmorangie

Fledgling Freddie
Don't know why you keep bothering, it's obvious the guy doesn't want to listen...

And I actually like the idea of abolishing camping. At any rate, camping only gives you the advantage of knowing an artefact is up first, that's it. For the rest it's up to each player individually to wait, or not wait, for someone who's standing at an encounter.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
vavires said:
If u read all posts ull know who we is.

I cba to read it all, but I assume "we" are people that thinks that camping should be encouraged and that its lame to take a camped arti. Face it, anyone that wants to take an arti that you camped will do so, and it doesnt matter how much you threaten to report or add on them etc. In fact, I would actually kill an artimob camped by you for the sole purpose to piss you of if the opportunity came.

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie
If u camp a arti well be damn sure u can kill it insta when it pops. Otherwise there is no point in camping..There is nothing wrong with a grp passing by or a ml 9 sm etc to grab it. (Simpel coc rule wich all should be able to understand)
That said i usually give people a chance to do it.

And i have to agree with Noaim for once if i pass by a arti and some moron starts the usual whine before i even adress him, i will kill the mob if it pops for the soul purpose of pissing the guy off.:twak:

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
I cba to read it all, but I assume "we" are people that thinks that camping should be encouraged and that its lame to take a camped arti. Face it, anyone that wants to take an arti that you camped will do so, and it doesnt matter how much you threaten to report or add on them etc. In fact, I would actually kill an artimob camped by you for the sole purpose to piss you of if the opportunity came.

Nice attitude, will bring u far in live

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom