A Unwritten Rule.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
So Charmangle and Vavires, do you think it would be ok for me to log in 2x summ sm´s and 2x fop shamans and camp, lets say Malice+Som, or GoV+Scalars 24/7 and because I am standing there, noone else can get those artis? I could actually log in 3 of each, and camp 3 popular artis as much as I want, or I could camp 6 artis since I dont really have to be able to do it when it pops, since I was there first its mine so I can just move the sm´s and shamans to eachother, can easily move between the artis in less than 10 mins if you take the closest char etc. Sounds like you have really thought this through, and I dont think any of you are fucking stupid. :rolleyes:

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
So Charmangle and Vavires, do you think it would be ok for me to log in 2x summ sm´s and 2x fop shamans and camp, lets say Malice+Som, or GoV+Scalars 24/7 and because I am standing there, noone else can get those artis? I could actually log in 3 of each, and camp 3 popular artis as much as I want, or I could camp 6 artis since I dont really have to be able to do it when it pops, since I was there first its mine so I can just move the sm´s and shamans to eachother, can easily move between the artis in less than 10 mins if you take the closest char etc. Sounds like you have really thought this through, and I dont think any of you are fucking stupid. :rolleyes:

ure kinda pushing it now dont u?

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Hmm...seems easier just to jott it down than actually prove in argument doesnt it ?

I´ve backed up my POV with quite a number of arguments if you´d just bother to actually read my posts and think about them. Not once did you refer to one of the problems I tried to show and not once did you come up with a single argument against them. I`ve made a whole lot more arguments than your stereotype "read the first post". You just don´t give a damn. That´s your problem.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Read through the thread again mate...I have answered thise once already...

noaim said:

Hey moron...
Read through the thread again and youll find the answere...(I have already answered this exact same question from a person with half a brain. So why should I be bothered to answere it again from a halfwit as yourself ?)

And yes I could log on 4 summsm + fop bots without problems too (and yes I have both computors enough and the chars to do it)...but I dont since I have common sense unlike you apparently...

Also...do you really think that is better if you just do the same and go steal every arti in the game? With summsms + bots (3-4 from the 3-5 players in game that can do it there will be no artifacts in game at all that isnt down all the time and no one would ever be able to create a group fast enough before one of their chars arrives and hits the arti. That is if all of these 3-4 people were brainless enough as judging from your post atleast one are.)

/Charmangle

ps. As written above for the answere to your question just read through the thread youll find the exact same question beeing put somewhere within it and the answere directly below...stupid. ds

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Ive answered every argument you have put forth...

Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
I´ve backed up my POV with quite a number of arguments if you´d just bother to actually read my posts and think about them. Not once did you refer to one of the problems I tried to show and not once did you come up with a single argument against them. I`ve made a whole lot more arguments than your stereotype "read the first post". You just don´t give a damn. That´s your problem.

Huh ? Ive answered every POLITE argument you have put out there...and explained exactly why it will work but as you say I have answered your questions quite alot with "look back in the thread" and thats because 90% of them have already been asked by someone else and already answered. Its better if you actually formulate your own questions or atleast once that hasnt been answered before already.

And yes I do give a damn, but one of your many problems seem to be that you lack to acknowledge 2 simple facts:

1) Prydwen players find it disrespectful to cut ahead when someone is at an artifact. And its stirring up a widespread bad blood feeling on Prydwen.

2) That every player has the right to choose with whom they would like to play. If someone has another set of values than them they are reserved the right not too hang around them. Just as every player is reserved the right within the CoC to steamroll artifacts from others.

And if there are no middle ground between these 2 the effect will be that all players/guilds thats condone the behaviour that is not accepted will be removed from the events that those who dont like that behaviour organize. And ofc those people will most likly just keep up their behaviour.

The thing I would like to have explained is what is beening discussed after that. Half of these arguments are based on: We can do this ourselves or No one cares about the bans. So why complain about the bans then ?

/Charmangle

ps. Btw I always respond with the same tone that Im commented in. That means that every insult/remark that is made creates the atmophere of the response. Hence intelligent comments and valid arguments gets nice and polite arguments back, dumb or insulting remarks without any basic thought behind the arguments gets responded to in kind.
(To give you something more to complain about: Scroll back in the thread and youll understand what Im talking about.) ds.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
Hey moron...
Read through the thread again and youll find the answere...(I have already answered this exact same question from a person with half a brain. So why should I be bothered to answere it again from a halfwit as yourself ?)

And yes I could log on 4 summsm + fop bots without problems too (and yes I have both computors enough and the chars to do it)...but I dont since I have common sense unlike you apparently...

Also...do you really think that is better if you just do the same and go steal every arti in the game? With summsms + bots (3-4 from the 3-5 players in game that can do it there will be no artifacts in game at all that isnt down all the time and no one would ever be able to create a group fast enough before one of their chars arrives and hits the arti. That is if all of these 3-4 people were brainless enough as judging from your post atleast one are.)

/Charmangle

ps. As written above for the answere to your question just read through the thread youll find the exact same question beeing put somewhere within it and the answere directly below...stupid. ds

I wont put myself through reading that many posts by 2 people who clearly thinks they are important just because they have time to camp artis 24/7. Run your ml-raids, invite whoever you want, I am pretty sure that noone who would "steal" an arti that you camped could care less if you banned them from your raids. And if you go on with the threat that you or the other brainiac made about adding in rvr, any grp that would care about that would just pull back and watch you get farmed, then laugh at you. Although I doubt you have ever been outside the gates of Svasud, so that "threat" has this...I dunno, but I get the feeling you wont go through with it. But I can imagine your guildchat.

"LOL guy X from guild X once stole an arti from me, lets go out with a randomgrp and ADD on them as PUNISHMENT LOL!!! THAT SHOULD TEACH THEM!!"

Now go put your head in the sand next to the arti you are camping.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Sigh...talk about clueless...

noaim said:
I wont put myself through reading that many posts by 2 people who clearly thinks they are important just because they have time to camp artis 24/7. Run your ml-raids, invite whoever you want, I am pretty sure that noone who would "steal" an arti that you camped could care less if you banned them from your raids. And if you go on with the threat that you or the other brainiac made about adding in rvr, any grp that would care about that would just pull back and watch you get farmed, then laugh at you. Although I doubt you have ever been outside the gates of Svasud, so that "threat" has this...I dunno, but I get the feeling you wont go through with it. But I can imagine your guildchat.

"LOL guy X from guild X once stole an arti from me, lets go out with a randomgrp and ADD on them as PUNISHMENT LOL!!! THAT SHOULD TEACH THEM!!"

Now go put your head in the sand next to the arti you are camping.

Sigh some people are just clueless...so sad...

Writes an argument...fails miserably, and finds out that someone smarter already came up with it only better, tries to brag but fails miserably again...then falls back to pointless and clueless banter based on nothingness. And to finish it off he/she/it ends the whole thing with showing that he/she/it has no idea what has been going on in the thread once again...

Talk about no aim what so ever...

/Charmangle

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
Sigh some people are just clueless...so sad...

Writes an argument...fails miserably, and finds out that someone smarter already came up with it only better...then falls back to pointless and clueless banter based on nothingness. And to finish it off he/she/it ends the whole thing with showing that he/she/it has no idea what has been going on in the thread once again...

Talk about no aim what so ever...

/Charmangle

Someone came up with what? Its simple, you and Vavaris clearly think that you are important. However, you are a piss in the ocean, if that, and noone will change their opinion about campers because you say "but I will ban you from my raids!!!!". Now your previous post was just some mindless bullshit, nothing in it had anything to do with anything that has been said anywhere, and you just repeat yourself over and over, so no real use trying to convince you that noone gives a fuck about you, since you have your mind set at "I am important and people should do as I say". Have fun, and happy camping.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
Someone came up with what? Its simple, you and Vavaris clearly think that you are important. However, you are a piss in the ocean, if that, and noone will change their opinion about campers because you say "but I will ban you from my raids!!!!". Now your previous post was just some mindless bullshit, nothing in it had anything to do with anything that has been said anywhere, and you just repeat yourself over and over, so no real use trying to convince you that noone gives a fuck about you, since you have your mind set at "I am important and people should do as I say". Have fun, and happy camping.

1) I never insulted a person in this treath, meaning i show respect, i expect the same thing from others.

2) I never said or even remotely tried to show that im important in this community.

3) as stated before not by myself, im not the 1 who came up with the problem. I only sacrificed myself to make the treath. i myself only camped a arti once and that was golm and that was purely active. If others wanne camp and spend their time on that because they really really want it then thats their buisness. Again, when interfering with the person being their first without talking with the guy whats hes planning( ect all the things from post1) its plain disrespectfull.

now ill say it once more and in plain english.

I dont care what u think or say about me, about this threath.
I dont care that u laugh at me with ure friends or with ure guildbuddies or ure fellow geeks.
I do care if u in a way of speaking brake this rule. then ull be banned from my raids and also from others (as has been said in 1 of th eother 220posts).

And to every1 reading the first post. IF U DONT C THE REASON AND GOOD IN WHY THIS THREATH HAS BEEN CREATED THEN URE PLAIN STUPID OR A REAL JERK IRL.

u ppl can say as much as u want, but im for sure that pryd was better oof with a certain group of excal ppl. I know its not excal in general cause i got screenies of excal ppl saying their mind about "the idiots" who screw things up. Luckely for the Cluster that they dont all think like u, most are all descent and very nice ppl who i had the pleasure to play with.

Just grow up and respect each other. If u cant do it in a plain game how do ppl expect u to do irl.

Goodnight
Vav.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm...

noaim said:

Your just getting more and more how shall I put it...stupid...if thats possible...

You havent read more than 1 or 2 of 15 pages of posts. You know nothing about whats been said, you know nothing about where in the discussion we are, you have no clue about the difference between me and vavi basically you are CLUELESS!

Im repeating myself over and over because morons like yourself dont bother to read the posts before posting repettetive questsions thats already been answered.

But just to be nice to you even though im pretty sure you havent desevered it in any way either here on anywhere else, ill fill you in on some of it so you can alteast feel abit less stupid as you so nicely put it in the first post. Hope it helps you out abit mate!:)

1) Nothing in this thread has to do with what me, vavires or anyone else who has written in this post can achieve in the game. No one has ever claimed to be able to do anything to anyone. The only thing that is beeing discussed is what kind of respect would it be nice if people in the same realm showed eachother. (I know you might have a problem with the concept of respect but ill explain it to you in simple words so you can understand: Its when you treat other people about the same as you would be happy to be treated youself)

If someone doesnt treat you well, then there is no reason for you to treat that person well.
(short and simple so that you wount loose me. Still with me I hope ?)

2) Why should any as you so intelligently put it "give a fuck about me" ?
There is absolutly no point for them too, I have never asked for it neither have I any need for it. And im pretty sure the same goes for a person as lovable as you yourself. Only thing I want is for people to treat eachother with respect and help eachother out.

3) You seem to put a strange emphasis on camping stuff. Could it be that you live your life at artifacts ? Im not sure if its just because you try to fit others into your little image of the world or if its just ignorance but not all people need to camp artifact...some of us actually just try to help others instead of careing only for ourselves. (I know it might be a new thought for you but dont hesitate to try it, you never know you might like it)

4) Just let everyone play free as a bird doing what they like and playing with whom they like. Dont try to ruin the fun for others only because your a lonely and sad person.

/Charmangle

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
1) Nothing in this thread has to do with what me, vavires or anyone else who has written in this post can achieve in the game. No one has ever claimed to be able to do anything to anyone.

charmangle said:
To put it plainly I for one will ban people who I hear of "steal" artifacts etc from any thing im involved in (rvr, mlraids/other raids, guilds, alliance cooperations etc). I will also try to add on those peoples fights as much as possible as well as mainly just trying to get them to leave the realm

I see.

charmangle said:
2) Why should any as you so intelligently put it "give a fuck about me" ?
There is absolutly no point for them too, I have never asked for it neither have I any need for it. And im pretty sure the same goes for a person as lovable as you yourself. Only thing I want is for people to treat eachother with respect and help eachother out.

Lovely, and respect is camping an arti because you have time, so people that dont have the time to camp it cant get it? You and me have different opinions about what respect is then.

charmangle said:
3) You seem to put a strange emphasis on camping stuff. Could it be that you live your life at artifacts ? Im not sure if its just because you try to fit others into your little image of the world or if its just ignorance but not all people need to camp artifact...some of us actually just try to help others instead of careing only for ourselves. (I know it might be a new thought for you but dont hesitate to try it, you never know you might like it)

I dont think you have any idea how much I have helped people in daoc, and your first statement clearly shows you have no idea how I play the game either. Since you like the word clueless, here you go, you are clueless.

charmangle said:
4) Just let everyone play free as a bird doing what they like and playing with whom they like. Dont try to ruin the fun for others only because your a lonely and sad person.

/Charmangle

charmangle said:
To put it plainly I for one will ban people who I hear of "steal" artifacts etc from any thing im involved in (rvr, mlraids/other raids, guilds, alliance cooperations etc). I will also try to add on those peoples fights as much as possible as well as mainly just trying to get them to leave the realm

That doesnt really go well together. You think people that take an arti from a camper because they dont want or cant camp themselves are sad, lonely and spoil the fun for others. You on the other hand, think that its unfair if people take the arti you camped for several hours, and do show them that you think its unfair, you are gonna ban them from raids, you are gonna add on them, and you are gonna get your friends to add on them, and you are gonna try to get them to leave the realm. And you call other people sad. Clueless.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
al capowned mr charming angel dude :p

have a fluffle:fluffle:

its only a game, so don't get so stressed out. Some people don't agree with you (me for instance). That doesn't make them stupid or not reading thread. Try to read back Torstig his post. Kinda made sense

/off-topic it is "aN unwritten rule", <3 all so flame me

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Huh ? Ive answered every POLITE argument you have put out there...and explained exactly why it will work but as you say I have answered your questions quite alot with "look back in the thread" and thats because 90% of them have already been asked by someone else and already answered. Its better if you actually formulate your own questions or atleast once that hasnt been answered before already.

So.. tell me again where my question of who´s in charge of dealing with and deciding in doubtful situations is answered. The value of your "answers" so far is exactly Zilch. It´s purely "treat your realmmates with respect (and respect is my definition of respect, nothing else) and "we´re right and if you don´t see that, you´re stupid". No suggestions of how to avoid potential problems, only generalizations, provocations and arrogance. People who think differently are a priori classified as "arti stealers", people who´re wearing the same guildtag as the so called "arti stealers" are being thrown into the same bucket, regardless whether they care or not or whether they´re able to change anything about the situation.
You know why I`m having a go at you? Because it simply pisses me off, when somebody acts like a selfproclaimed protector of justice and morale, while his own behaivour isn´t one millimeter better. You´re reducing your entire community to one and only one simple question: is camping artis ok or not. That´s the only parameter that seems to matter to you. If the answer is no (for whatever reason), then the person in question is falling through your filter and is classified as scum form that point on. If you transfer that into RL, you won´t be able to drink a beer with somebody who´s favouring a different football club than you, or who dares to vote for a different party.
Anyways, this is getting too OT and personal now. If you feel a desire to continue this, we should do it via PM and leave this thread for the wonderful discussion of artifact camping.

ps. in times of computers and editing, ps´es are redundant. :)

Labbe

Fledgling Freddie
Unwritten Laws are ment to be broken.
Written Laws are not.

Just take the damn arti and be over with it. Let the camper moan as much as he want. He know he is wrong. He is just pissed because he missed another artifact for his 363465345634 alt

And hey! It's just a game.

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
Ohhh GOD, I'm a going to be happy when they finaly patch this turkey to 1.81... It ends arti camping but it'll start Scroll_Dropping_Mob Camping though :)

Erulin the Bloody

Henx

Fledgling Freddie
This is simply AMAZING!!!! What does it take for you guys to understand that this treed is NOT NOT NOT NOT about the FUCKING CAMPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is about when you are at an artifact – YOU ARE READY TO PULL ENCOUNTER OR WAITING FOR FRIENDS SOON INC TO HELP – and someone thinks that they can grab it even when you tell the not to cause you ARE or SOON WILL BE ready to do encounter. (Read post 193 – 2 paragraph)

It is NOT NOT NOT about banning guilds, players or anything else…. But if you talk to members of that guild and the guildmaster, and they think it is OK for a MEMBER to disregard that people are READY or SOON WILL BE ready to pull mob. Then they have the same morale as the “wrong doer” and they should be treated as he deserves – Get smashed in the head with a frozen waterbed and be sawed in two by using a wet stamp or something like that.

And why the freaking fuck do you guys think that going personal on Charmangle and Vavires will do any good in this whole matter. You guys think that it will change the core issue of this whole treed? And for those guys that haven’t bothered to read the whole treed, why bother to submit a half ass coming with no substance in what this is about? I WAS THE ONE STARTING ALL OF THIS!!!!!!!!!! They just give ya’ll a fair warning to what they consider impolite and will cause them to banned some half ass dude that does what he want non regarded that is considered wrong. Is that something to get so pissed off over? To get fair warning to what they think is OK and NOT!!! Now the assholes in the game can’t claim they didn’t know better, cause they should or for sure now do!!!

And if a camper finds an encounter up he/she would often just kill it and the problem won’t be there at all. If the camper haven’t killed a mob and doesn’t reply on PM’s within fair time (SUGGESTED 10-15 min) KILL KILL KILL the bloody mob. He won’t mind (NOT NOT NOT being there). That really isn’t that complicated, now is it? And NOT what this issue is all about!!!!

Just for the record Old.Windforce. I made a poll on this before getting on to the LAST RESORT of asking raid leaders to ban peoples and the guilds that don’t give a SHIT about peoples in their guild being a bunch of BUGGER!!!! Whether is was the a significant and representative population I selected to do the poll from that I can’t really prove, but I asked 50+ how they felt about it and they ALL – ALL agreed to grabbing artefacts when people CAN CAN CAN do them but are WAITING to HELP friends getting encounter was – (That was wanting to HELP friends but CAN do encounter) – that is utterly disrespectful and wrong and the whole reason why I got so pissed off and started this discussion that lead to the ban of a few ass hole players that nobody should give a freaking flying fart about…

And BTW thanks old.windforce and Thorwyn for trying to be constructive about all of this. Thanks for trying.

But unless any of you other guys have some constructive to add, why not just being pissed of and do what you like to do anyways. Whether you like it or not – the addition to the “ruleset” is there and you know when you cross the line and what it will cost you. It really is that simple. Unless you have a better suggestion to how more respectful behaviour is achieved, just move along.

Blazor Meneth

Fledgling Freddie
cba to read it all.. summery:
Prydwen noobs = Random Roleplayers
Excalibur noobs = Hardcore randoms

:m00:

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
About good manners

What i consider polite is asking if the camper wants to join bg for credit. But thats just good sportmanship. I find it kinda rude NOT letting someone join BG for encounter credit.

On Camlann we usually let everyone join for credit unless the person asking had a history of trashtalk or was a member of an enemy guild (only a few guilds where enemie, mostly for being lame: nightraid keeps, trashtalk, chain kill, camping portals, cheating etc.).

Camping an artifact gives no other right then knowing if it is up. What we usually do is log a lowbee or run to the arti if its up and then call in the troops. If someone else is doing it: TOUGH SHIT, better luck next time.

Can't wait till 1.81. Waisted to many evenings farming MT3, SOM3, Battler 3, Malice 3, CS3 and LS3 scrolls

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Vandar said:
Rofl, the kid looses his rag.
Hope you get banned but I'd miss the rest of your drivel on this post
Yet another ignorant mid/pryd that dont get it :rolleyes:

Henx said:
And about the "RULES" - think what spawned all of the extra guidelines to how you need act, is where the CoC simply didn't cover all the bases.
The thing is that the CoC IS covering all the bases. You just don’t like the way GoA deals with this so you work against it. Makes you wonder what GoA thinks of rules like these.
Can Vav and Blue be banned for working against the CoC with these rules??

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Kathal said:

No, they aren't working against CoC.

Noone can be forced to take people on a raid you organise, not to add in RvR etc.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
You have no concept of what is beeing discussed or any kind of process the written meanings of the posts and still you keep repeating things like a parrot just copying what he has no understanding off.
He has a good point but all you can do is to put your fingers in your ears and go LALALALALAAAAAA!!!!

charmangle said:
Its been repeaed over and over in this thread that what he meant was 10-15 minutes wait then you go and get it done. If I explain one thing in a post I would prefere not to have to repeat it in every response to you.
Well is it the first post that is TEH RULE or is it the whole thread that’s included??
And talking parrots, you are going "Have you really read the original post", "Have you really read the original post", "Have you really read the original post".

How are the gang of raid leaders going to figure out how long the "camper" have been given before the grp there decides to pull??
Are you aware that ppl can make logs and edit ScreenShots etc and get ppl banned??
Vav are you going to check everything sent to you with your super "validation/authentication" skills (in lack of better words)??
If not are you going to ban yourself if I fabricate some "material" that shows you stole from me??

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
vavires said:
Hi,

Since this has come up a few times last month i wanne clear this 1 up.
I dont know how things work on other servers, but in Prydwen i never had any complaints about so called arti stealing or encounter stealing.

But since cluster i hear it a LOT.

Ill say now, If some1 is Camping an encounter/Artifact it is his encounter/mob. It is up to u who c that person camping to ask if he's going to do it or not, if he needs help or if u can join. U just dont come with a group and steal it in front of that person, that is plain disrespectfull.

Its also up to the player camping to respond to the player asking the questions.
There are cases where ppl do AFK-camping. If the person doesnt reply u in the next 10 minutes hes presumed as a AFK-camper. So at that time U can take the right upon u to claim the mob.

The reason why i make this thread is for an incident where 2 guild were involved. I had a talk with some ppl of those guilds and they got their ban lifted.

If any1 shows me the right Screenies to prove some1 breaking this rule, he will be banned from my raid + ill show this also to my fellow Raid leaders as we work together to stop ppl from messing around.

Tx for taking ure time to read this.
If bluesky thinks this is worth a sticky he may do it.

Greets Vav.

Dear Henx,

First of all take a valium man. And secondly it IS IS IS about CAMPING CAMPING CAMPING... IF you'd care to read the original post yourself. As you obviously haven't I'll past the line below for you :

<<<Ill say now, If some1 is Camping an encounter/Artifact it is his encounter/mob.>>>

so it IS IS IS. Jesus man, don't get worked up about a bloody game you. And you post that you started it all <<I WAS THE ONE STARTING ALL OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!>> Sorry but it seems to me Vavires started this thread not you.

Clustering sucks but noone has the right to enforce rules on Excalibur except it's community. Does anyone move to England and DEMAND they stop drinking tea ? Enforce all you like on artifacts on Pyrd, but I think Excal was doing pretty well before clustering on it's own

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
huh ?

old.windforce said:
That doesn't make them stupid or not reading thread.

Ofc it doesnt...not sure where you got the notion it would ?
Just so you dont missunderstand me Im not talking about you in this post but rather generally about a certain sort of people, by which I by no means what so ever include you!:) (Just so you dont take this personally). I just felt it justified to explain why I use harsh language in some posts since you brought it up here.

Only time I use insulting language or remarks are when a person starts off doing it...would you rather just let them get away with it ? If a person puts in his post a halfwit comment about me beeing stupid, I will make my argument and give him back for his off topic and pointless remarks...

Only problem with this is when a person is so intellectually challenged that he actually dont understand the insults. That kinda makes responding abit pointless. As is the case with Noaim, he asks stupid questions thats already been answered, he doesnt understand the barly covered up insults or basic arguments and keeps asking:"What ?", "What ?" and tries to give off halfass insults without actually thinking them through making them atleast worth reading. That and that he actually atleast tries to read and understand the posts is the least I demand from people like himself. Since he bothers to do neither he becomes rather uselss.

So basically you get back the same kind of response as you give. Isnt that as it should be ? If you want a nice response you just have to be nice yourself.

Also I only ask the RUDE people to reread the threads when they blatantly show that they havent read anything from the thread and dont know what they are talking about. The ones that actually put up a nice argument with decent tone I will quote the answeres etc to and argue from there.

Unfortunatly most of the people thats been on about wanting to be able to steamrolling artifacts have been Rude and Lazy and thats just not a good combination especially in some cases where they are just slow to understanding also.

I would have loved to have a warmer move diverse climate in this thread. But some people just cant reframe from starting off their first post with the usual farmboy manners: "STOOOOPID FOOOK", "NOOB", "NAZI" and the list goes on with the 12 year oldis remarks.

/Charmangle

ps. If you feel an isult is relevant, you should atleast work at it...so that its interresting to read. Just typing one word insults only proves what most already know...that you have nothing meaningful to say. ds

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Sigh...

Kathal said:
He has a good point but all you can do is to put your fingers in your ears and go LALALALALAAAAAA!!!!

Well is it the first post that is TEH RULE or is it the whole thread that’s included??
And talking parrots, you are going "Have you really read the original post", "Have you really read the original post", "Have you really read the original post".

How are the gang of raid leaders going to figure out how long the "camper" have been given before the grp there decides to pull??
Are you aware that ppl can make logs and edit ScreenShots etc and get ppl banned??
Vav are you going to check everything sent to you with your super "validation/authentication" skills (in lack of better words)??
If not are you going to ban yourself if I fabricate some "material" that shows you stole from me??

Some explenations needed (again I see. And yes its repeating stuff Ive already explained to others and yes it is still in this thread and no thats not parrotting)

No I do not put my fingers in my ears. I answere every one of his arguments or refere to the answere somewhere else in the thread. BUT his arguments arent good...Maybe they will be better if he elaborated around them explained them and worked abit on them.

His whole argument is about abots, enforcing, etc etc. I have already told him 2 or 3 times that it is NOT about that, so there is no point in discussing it. He wants people to be free to take mobs as they want, then everyone is free to play with them or not if they want. That is basically all that I discuss. And I made that extremly clear in the several posts before his.

The reason all who argue for the stealing of artifacts is just that within a sociaity where we are supposed to be seeing eachother as friends, just arent any valid arguments. As I asked before, would you do it to a RL friend ? If your answere would be yes, then you are either lying or you wouldnt have any RL friends left. You help you RL friend out and give him the arti (which was the answere too).

But to bring the topic to totally different places the argument keeps going back to bots, enforcing etc. And again its still not apart of the discussion. Choices to play with someone you dont like can never be called enforcing.

When someone is rude or sarcastic in a post, there is no reason for me to make the effort to answere with answeres thats already been put in 10 times over.

Well it says in your quote "...in this thread..." so im guessing its in the thread I mean ?

Parrotting is repeating something someone else came up with over and over again. Not using your own brain to come up with your own Q/A. I refer to my own Q/As so Im not sure where you got it from that Im parrotting ? Or was it just that you didnt understand what the concept of parrotting meant ?

Im not sure if you think a ban is for ever ? Its not a static thing...if the person thats banned argues and tells another tale, then you just have word against word and as long as the person doing the stealing just says that hell reframe for it in the future (that shouldnt be hard if he is innocent either), he is let into the raid. If there are several other complaints about that person/guild then there usually are a reason for that so then it might take abit more for the ban to be removed.

This is really not that hard...the problem with this whole discussion is that one side is treating this as is if it was a law with a whole ruleset of laws around it. The other side just says: Use your common sense and try and treat others as you would treat your BEST RL friend and you will get more friends in the game.

/Charmangle

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
But its not about rules is it ?

Erulin said:
Clustering sucks but noone has the right to enforce rules on Excalibur except it's community.

First off I dont think clustering sucks!:) I play with both excal people and prydwen people and most of them are very nice.

There just is the odd apple!:)

Anyway no one is trying to enforce rules...its just a comment as Henx says...that if you choose to play the game in one way then we dont want to play with you...nothing more nothing less...

We who argue for some respect in the community have already said to those who dont want it: Play as you whish, just dont expect us to help or respect your whishes anywhere in the game. How can that be wrong ?

/Charmangle

Henx

Fledgling Freddie
Erulin said:
Jesus man, don't get worked up about a bloody game you. And you post that you started it all <<I WAS THE ONE STARTING ALL OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!>> Sorry but it seems to me Vavires started this thread not you.

Not getting works up and just as an extra precaution - glass of valium done...

Sense Vavires getting the heat for posting it here trying to explain the problem, sorry vav that I didn't do it as you requested at it first.

Think this is kind of in a deadlock.

So treat me as dirt, let me punch my sandbag for a good 10 min and let me eat a cookie - all gone after that.

And by accepting that people move to England from a country where it is ok to kill a man and pay family with 10 goats. Don't think that makes the murder OK in England.

It's OK shake you heads - shrug your shoulders and think what you guys want about all of this.

Not going to spend anymore time on this treed since it really isn't going anywhere other than letting people dig their trenches deeper...

All are welcome to give me a pm in game if they have a question about why I contacted Vavires, Bluesky and a few others to do something about the selfishness growing out there, but guess that didn't help and probably won't help in the future. Flame away all ya’ll feel like.

Merry X-mas and hope ya’ll get a great and prosperous new year filled with joy and laughter. Think what the game really is and always should be about.

Take care ya’ll and be well….

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
If you think people ingame are like RL friends you really need to get a reality check. You dont know the people, the guy camping CS is the guy standing before you in line at the grocery store. Would you lend him money if he needed it and asked you? I mean, he is your friend, you dont know him, you never spoke to him, but you should treat him as if he was your best RL friend, and you would lend him a few bucks if he needed it because he forgot his wallet at home, wouldnt you?

Get real, it is a game, people you dont know are not your best RL friend and you have no reason what so ever to treat em as if they were. They are random people that you can help if you wish to do so, or that you can just ignore if you wish to do that.

But next time Iron Maiden or a similar band has a concert in Sweden, why dont you go to the ticket salesplace, camp it, then when it opens, you tell the people behind you "My m8´s are inc with money, and I am camping here so beat it." I am sure it would work, and if they throw you away, you can always ban them from your raids.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Ok, one last remark:

No I do not put my fingers in my ears. I answere every one of his arguments or refere to the answere somewhere else in the thread. BUT his arguments arent good...Maybe they will be better if he elaborated around them explained them and worked abit on them.

This one made me laugh, considering your truly brilliant argumentative performance so far. :)

His whole argument is about abots, enforcing, etc etc. I have already told him 2 or 3 times that it is NOT about that, so there is no point in discussing it. He wants people to be free to take mobs as they want, then everyone is free to play with them or not if they want. That is basically all that I discuss. And I made that extremly clear in the several posts before his.

Two things here:

1. I`m well aware that you´re denying the enforcing thingy. You´ve said that multiple times. But I simply don´t believe you and tried to show, that what you say and what you want are two different things. Hence the mentioning of Pilate.

2. If you really.. REALLY think that enforcing was my only argument, then you haven´t read my posts properly. Enforcing your rules was just one aspect of my arguments. Occasionally, people are making serveral points during a discussion. So far, you failed to reply to my other points, trying to reduce my posts to this one aspect.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Are you really serious here or is it some kind of...

Kathal said:
Yet another ignorant mid/pryd that dont get it :rolleyes:

The thing is that the CoC IS covering all the bases. You just don’t like the way GoA deals with this so you work against it. Makes you wonder what GoA thinks of rules like these.

Do you really think that the CoC covers all bases ? Or even that GOA thinks so ?

When you make laws, you have to consider if its possible to actually enforce them. When GOA made up their CoC, they put down the laws that were enforacable and covered the rest with very generalised rules (who are not enforace/proavable but leaves room for interpretation). For example the: Working against the spirit of the game. This is done so that unforseen things wount slip through. But they are also so generalised that they only can be used in emergencies or very grave situations.

Working against the spirit of the game could be used on taking artifacts thats already camped for example...if it is judged that this kind of behaviour is bad for the game community...but since it isnt considered critical for the game to prevent it, they wouldnt use the CoC general rule to stop it. (especially since its impossible see in logs etc). But that doesnt mean that they dont consider it bad form, that creates pointless tentions in the game.

Laws are tightly framed with specifics...
Rules are loosly formed agreeances, that we follow because they makes for a better society.

/Charmangle

ps. Example: Rules of society says that its bad form to cut in line in a cue. Without that rule we would have utter anarchy. Yet its not a law against it, because it would take a dictatorship to enforce it. But I for one like the rule...it just creates unnecessary tentions without it. ds

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom