A troll is pondering..

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
A troll is pondering.. wether its worth playing this game still..

Most of his friends have already quit.. two wifes have quit, the third one is playing a diffarent server.. the elitism is somewhat coming back to midgard/prydwen.. altho it was gone for quite a while.

A troll is pondering about if he wants to spend more time fighting mobs to get armor, jewelery and weapons.. just to sit in svasud the whole night wondering if there will be a group coming along this night..

So the troll asks himself.. is it worth it?

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Ormorof said:
you mean when we werent paying for it? :D

Hmm... <thinks of something wise to say> The best things in life are free?

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
*sneaks in on the Mid side of FH to hug the pondering troll*

shh dont tell the other albs I was here but to me its still worth it. People pat me on the head and say "suuure" but it is. I have played other games during my 3 years in DAOC ( Horizon,Lineage II,Eve, Eq2 beta, WowUS closed beta, Wow eu closed beta) and yes at some point DAOC will have outlived itself and there will be a new game to venture too, but non of the games I have tried have had the soul that there is in DAOC and thats why its still worth it to me. I Know the word Soul seems like i consider it spirital thats not it, but there is something about it that makes it truly unique.

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Elendar said:
quitting is bad!

Yeah, i think so too..

but after having been sat in svasud night after night asking friends if i can join up with them and only getting replies 'sorry we are full' or 'sorry, we want to keep it small' or 'sorry we dont want you in the group because you are the wrong class/got the wrong spec/got the from SC' it kind of makes me sad..

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
I will leave daoc as soon as I'll find an alternative I like. There is none atm, and none in development, so no reason for me to think about it.

But then I probably have a different view of the game ... as much as it can be odd, depending on my mood I like all parts, pve, rvr, even crafting and trading, so there is rarely something 'I must go thru' ... the contrary, there is always something I'm happy to do, sometimes it's xping, sometimes it's a batch of stuff to craft and sell, sometimes it's a tower to hug or a gank group to roam with. I may even find relaxing to roam mindlessy in zones that I didnt saw for months, go figure.

Now, the lfg syndrome ... it's frustrating, I remember me doing the same in the old emain, staring at guild groups and solo stealthers running from and to MGs. TR being a small guild didn't help much as we could rarely field a complete fg - and this was the root of the problem. So ... from one side, I kept trying and eventually found a good (more than that, actually, and truly fun) group that roamed few days a week, from the other side I started working on the guild: a bigger guild doesn't mean just recruitment, but also solidity and quality people with the same positive mindset so we worked trying to create a fun team, and then recruited to get bigger numbers.

So ... don't let this frustrate you too much. Stick on the stuff you find fun and at the same time check the cause of your problems, don't let them win. Nothing in game lasts forever, and this includes bad days.

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
GrivneKelmorian said:
Yeah, i think so too..

but after having been sat in svasud night after night asking friends if i can join up with them and only getting replies 'sorry we are full' or 'sorry, we want to keep it small' or 'sorry we dont want you in the group because you are the wrong class/got the wrong spec/got the from SC' it kind of makes me sad..

Aaaw so you got so disappointed about being told "no" when you asked me if we needed a aughealer that you had to come here and qq? Fyi we were in fact 9 ppl avaible last night and had to dispose one of our regulars.. not fun to do that. Telling you no as we certainly were a fg at the time didnt seem that hard tho. Seeing you come here and whine then.. come on..
Perhaps you should get your act together and try start your own dedicated rvr group instead of whine on others who actually try and put in some effort to have a group running..
Oh yeah thats what you do best I guess - whine on others. A late night in Aegirhamn springs into mind where I was rudely disposed off on one of my newly rolled characters when I asked politely for some silvers for horse/portal tickets. "Get your main here!" Oh yeah.. how about you roll your own bb instead instead of begging for buffs in rvr or qq'ing about not getting a group. I truely had expected more from someone who rely on others to help him with buffs to be able to compete in rvr and now you want groups handed to you on a silverplate? :eek:

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
Ofcourse it's worth it :) Don't sit in Svasud, go out and wack them albs! :)

DAoC forever!! :)

and I suggest everyone who is fed up with the whine here goes to: http://prydwen.se

PS.

What's up with all the people who quit daoc and why are they still staying around in this forum to whine about it? Go somewhere else if you don't like daoc!!!

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
GrivneKelmorian said:

Yeah, I have tried that too. Eventually I figured as Yma, that the only reasonable thing was to take things into your own hands. So, with some friends I sat down and found enough people to run a regular group. It takes alot of time though, both to get things planned and get ego's smoothed over.

But, it's fun and it means I don't get to stand at Svasud waiting, except when someone arrives late, doesn't show, have network trouble, suddenly had friends come by, the replacement says he can't until in 30mins or discussing how to handle when the planning went wrong and 9 from the regulars show.

Ofcourse, sometimes you then gets the whines. Often some player that decides he would like to RvR tonight and goes to Svasud in the hope to find a group, then see these 'eliteest wankers' just totally refusing to accept his wishes for RvR and throw one of their regulars out so he can get a spot of the 8 people group. It happens ofcourse and it's different how gracefully the rejected takes it. Some goes to FH and whines. Others take charge and start their own group up.

Ofcourse, some curses the 'elitist attitude' and logs their stealther on, so they can do some 'l33t' solo'ing while refusing to group with other stealthers because that would not be elite....

<shrug>

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Game?

Mythic needs to get some balls and address the real reasons that people dislike this game. It wouldn't take a lot to sort out and for people to feel a great deal happier.

1 - stop the need for a 2nd account.
2 - no buffbots in pvp allowed full stop.
3 - all alts to share the vault

These are fundamental reasons why DAOC is dieing a death. Lets look at number 1 - 2nd account. Great at first when you get your buffbot help in levelling but - spills over into pvp and ruins it. Also ruins TOA because players are far too powerful with both whereas with TOA on it's own the gains would be perfect probably. Plenty of other games have these artefacts but the buffbot totally and utterly ruins everything to do with them.

Number 2 - well same as one. Would stop everyone hitting so hard and so fast so that fights last longer and are more enjoyable. Also the game balance would go someway to being restored - no af buff for albs and no phenomenal haste for hibs.

Number 3 is so annoying. Makes me think that Mythic are doing it deliberately to make you get more than one account. You have a few crafters and have to beg to move stuff between them? This is beyond a joke.

If Mythic altered just the 3 above the game would be transformed and would go back someway to as it was in the beginning. Without these changes they are going to struggle. Maybe not because there are a lot of gamers in the world but I for one have built up a hell offa resentment towards them now.

By the way I am Thugs. My Thugs Freddys account is offline since I altered a few settings - oops!

Unless we petition Mythic to start altering the game so that at least the 3 gripes above are sorted then I think we should stop playing the game. I will not pay for my buffbot account any longer which has made my time in Thid interesting but incredibly hard. Play at 50 without a buffbot? My 50 sb had just over 170 str at 50 and I think wasn't far off being max'd. I then found out some sbs were around 370 str!!!!! My level 50 Norse sb had lower stats bar for con and hits than my buffed level 24 VALKYN sb!

Funny thing is that if the pressure to have a 2nd account was removed from Mythic I would continue to play the game (buffbot account closed and main about to). I would probably activate my buffbot account too to help with levelling if they were stopped from affecting pvp. So instead of 2 accounts they will have 0.

You all think buffbots are marvellous but some of you haven't played long enough. I have played for nearly 3 years and resentment does eventually kick in strongly. Buffbots = ruined game!

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Kraben said:
Aaaw so you got so disappointed about being told "no" when you asked me if we needed a aughealer that you had to come here and qq?

im used to beeing told no, ive been playing a thane for over three years and that is why i came here to "qq".. by the way.. QQ is a bad thing to say to someone imo, means alot more then people realise. meaning more like: "shut the fuck up you whining retard.. your nothing but a clueless idiot who know nothing." atleast it does to me and thats how ive been treated with the word.
had nothing at all to do with you turning me down.

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
GrivneKelmorian said:
im used to beeing told no, ive been playing a thane for over three years and that is why i came here to "qq".
had nothing at all to do with you turning me down.

Oh really? Then why the hell did you have to drag our name out here? :puke:

Jimmae

One of Freddy's beloved
GrivneKelmorian said:
Yeah, i think so too..

/got the wrong spec/got the from SC' it kind of makes me sad..

kinda did

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Jimmae said:
kinda did

yeah, just looked back.. was a typeo.. was ment to be "sorry you dont have the right SC (spellcraft)" i apologise.

if i wanted to drag a guilds name in the dirt i would take up a much worse incident that happend in the old emain days.. but i aint like that.

Legohelten

Fledgling Freddie
MKJ said:
3 - all alts to share the vault

Number 3 is so annoying. Makes me think that Mythic are doing it deliberately to make you get more than one account. You have a few crafters and have to beg to move stuff between them? This is beyond a joke.

was kinda solved with housing (if u buy the vault for ur house)

for the rest i agree but will never happen since this way goa/mythic sells alot of accounts.

Cami

Fledgling Freddie
Legohelten said:
was kinda solved with housing (if u buy the vault for ur house)

for the rest i agree but will never happen since this way goa/mythic sells alot of accounts.
yea, making regular vault accessable for all chars would be silly. You wouldnt get the same amount of vaultspace with 1 vault as you have with 8 ;)

Otho

One of Freddy's beloved
GrivneKelmorian said:
A troll is pondering..

So the troll asks himself.. is it worth it?

You are a troll, you are not supposed to ponder. Stop it or your head might crack!

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
kraben try not to jump the gun a bit and slag griv off at the drop of a hat.

he made a typo, i saw wot he was trying to say by the words he used.

think maybe an apolagie is in order for griv after that outburst from you m8y.

p.s. griv just play wow :p u know u wanna

Maddude

One of Freddy's beloved
Daoc has become bad, u can still have some fun moments in it but there is hardly any groups out there for exping or in rvr u need zergs to do anything ><

Alltho solo can work SOMETIMES...

snarf

Fledgling Freddie
Maddude said:
Daoc has become bad, u can still have some fun moments in it but there is hardly any groups out there for exping or in rvr u need zergs to do anything ><

Alltho solo can work SOMETIMES...

You dont need a zerg in rvr to have fun or to do something in the front! As suggested gather a few friends, decide to run together a few days a week! You dont have to be the most opted group! I can promise you some fun :) ..

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
DaggerElivager said:
kraben try not to jump the gun a bit and slag griv off at the drop of a hat.

he made a typo, i saw wot he was trying to say by the words he used.

think maybe an apolagie is in order for griv after that outburst from you m8y.

p.s. griv just play wow :p u know u wanna

Typo or no typo, I dont really care. He did ask for group last night and was told no. Also I know for a fact that he argued with some other in group about us beeing too "elitist" just because he couldnt join. Coming here and see he makes this thread makes me sick. Typo perhaps but Im 100 % sure alot of it have been aimed at us.

"if i wanted to drag a guilds name in the dirt i would take up a much worse incident that happend in the old emain days.. but i aint like that."

No you aint like that.. Right, you prefer recording ppl accusing them for hacking and then put up the movie, that shows absolutely NO evidence, on a public board... :puke:

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Kraben said:
No you aint like that.. Right, you prefer recording ppl accusing them for hacking and then put up the movie, that shows absolutely NO evidence, on a public board... :puke:

what have i done to deserve this kind of trashtalk from you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom