A troll is pondering..

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
Kraben said:
Typo or no typo, I dont really care. He did ask for group last night and was told no. Also I know for a fact that he argued with some other in group about us beeing too "elitist" just because he couldnt join. Coming here and see he makes this thread makes me sick. Typo perhaps but Im 100 % sure alot of it have been aimed at us.

Newsflash, the world does actually not revolve around you mate, hes probably just sick of the fact that its almost impossible to get a group with a character that isnt opted as he said not right spec and not opted SC. But you read whatever you want into it.

Its funny to see how fast some of the Conclave ppl have developed e-penises the size of old RvR guilds, keep going the way you are and you will surely get whines directed at you.

You know to be succesful in RvR or PvP in any game you do NOT have to have an ego the size of the great wall of china.

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Dumle said:
Its funny to see how fast some of the Conclave ppl have developed e-penises the size of old RvR guilds, keep going the way you are and you will surely get whines directed at you.

your wrong.. Savage Conclave is nowhere near the old rvr guild standards when it comes to elitism.
They actually like to help out at keeptakes.. atleast usually.

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
GrivneKelmorian said:
your wrong.. Savage Conclave is nowhere near the old rvr guild standards when it comes to elitism.

why do we get whinned at for not doing something we find very dull?
and though most people fail to notice we end up defending towers a lot, and we probably saved far more keeps from attacks in of than most of the poeple that whinned about us did

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
GrivneKelmorian said:

I knew I should have underlined the some in that post, and Im not talking about their actions, Im talking about 1-2 ppls comments on the boards.

I know maronan/Azathrim pretty well and he for one is one of the nicest ppl I have met during my time in daoc, so yes most of the conclave members I have met in game are top blokes, its just a heads up to the very select few in the guild that are posting things that make them look like pricks on the boards.
Actions ingame does not outweigh posts on a board, its a sad fact, ppl mostly make their minds up about someone from shit he posts on boards before even meeting them.

PS. Thats why Im pretty sure I get alot of /rudespam when I die ;)

Cwini

Fledgling Freddie
GrivneKelmorian said:
Most of his friends have already quit.. two wifes have quit, the third one is playing a diffarent server..
To be honest Griv, the only person who can answer if it's worth it in coming back is yourself .. If you enjoy playing, then come back / continue playing .. if you don't enjoy it any more, then don't come back. <shrug>

However, with statements like the above, I would seriously consider going out a lot more and enjoying the real world .. and as the saying goes: "The best things in life are free" which is why you have to pay to play Dark Age.

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Dumle said:
Newsflash, the world does actually not revolve around you mate, hes probably just sick of the fact that its almost impossible to get a group with a character that isnt opted as he said not right spec and not opted SC. But you read whatever you want into it.

You know to be succesful in RvR or PvP in any game you do NOT have to have an ego the size of the great wall of china.

Newsflash for you as well then, the world doesnt spin around Grivne either. If he cant get a group then perhaps he should try and start one himself instead... ? I see this thread very much directed against us considering last nights events. Excuse me, Sir, for coming here and defend ourselves.

E-Penises? Uhm yeah ok whatever.. SC are always near the keep takes / defense trying to bodyguard the mid zerg. Do we want to camp the keeps/tower or bash doors? Hell no, but we do try to help intercepting enemies and generally backup the zerg. Oh how can I be so sure about this? Cause its blooming me that lead the group around and judge where we go and where not.

What annoys me about you, Grivne, is that you have always been depended on others buffing you wastly adding up to your rr's. I've recieved many a pm's from you asking for buffs.. However when a lvl 20 /leveled character asked for a few silvers for portal/horse I was told to "get my main here!".. Sorry, but what comes around goes around.
Also making a fool out of yourself on the boards just really add's up.. Busted! anyone?

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
Kraben said:
Newsflash for you as well then, the world doesnt spin around Grivne either. If he cant get a group then perhaps he should try and start one himself instead... ? I see this thread very much directed against us considering last nights events. Excuse me, Sir, for coming here and defend ourselves.

E-Penises? Uhm yeah ok whatever.. SC are always near the keep takes / defense trying to bodyguard the mid zerg. Do we want to camp the keeps/tower or bash doors? Hell no, but we do try to help intercepting enemies and generally backup the zerg. Oh how can I be so sure about this? Cause its blooming me that lead the group around and judge where we go and where not.

Defending yourself? He didnt even mention you in his post, that you made a readingerror and he a typo doesnt make the post about you m8. You have something personal against him take it to the PM please, doing it this way serves no purpose at all.

I think everyone but you read this post as a general query about the problems that random (non set group players) are faced with, for me its not a problem since I just as well run solo if I get no grps, infact I dont stand around waiting for one but instead go out solo and unbuffed if I dont get any buffs and die a ton and If I get a grp later on fine.

However, since you are not in that situation atm you cannot understand the problems of not being in a set grp, its not as it was in OF when you could atleast have a hope of getting a grp at mpk, now its mostly not even possible.

And as I said in another post its not a question of what you do for the realm, couldnt care less about that, if you find it boring noone force you to defend keeps but its nice that you do it. What I am talking about is the attitude that doesnt need to be there, keep it as friendly as you have always been before, just with a little more rps under your belt.

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Dumle said:
Defending yourself? He didnt even mention you in his post, that you made a readingerror and he a typo doesnt make the post about you m8. You have something personal against him take it to the PM please, doing it this way serves no purpose at all.

I think everyone but you read this post as a general query about the problems that random (non set group players) are faced with, for me its not a problem since I just as well run solo if I get no grps, infact I dont stand around waiting for one but instead go out solo and unbuffed if I dont get any buffs and die a ton and If I get a grp later on fine.

However, since you are not in that situation atm you cannot understand the problems of not being in a set grp, its not as it was in OF when you could atleast have a hope of getting a grp at mpk, now its mostly not even possible.

Ok try read the thread again and look closely.. I werent the only one who missread. Of course after Grivne says it was a typo there is only 1 perception.
I say it again, after last nights events I surely see this thread highly aimed at us. Why even argue about that I cant understand.. Were you playing Grivne at the time? Do you know what was being said?

Midgard is in a bad shape atm.. Think we can all agree on that. However there are some who wanna try and make an effort about making groups. Try make some in advance instead of logging on and hope you can get a pickup group. You cant do this anymore or at least its alot harder than before when Midgard were dominant in rvr.

Aldoran recently started a fixed rvr group and I believe they run very regurly. Make a thread, advertise for ppl you want to join. You start it so you get to decide how "opted" you want it hence you can allow alot of classes/specs. Im sure alot of people would like to join and if you want a board where you can coordinate your plannings/stratics then please pm me or Maronan/Azathrim and we will work something out.

Sorry for some of the harsh words but I am gonna be a bit pissed when ppl start to thrown on something that we have worked very hard to reach.

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
I see your point, its good that you have made a grp and I do wish you all the best, however everyone dont have the time to put into making it so Id rather run solo/duo when I have time to play and will probably not play for much longer.

Cant comment on the episode last night no, but I can comment on a side of Mid RvR atm that you probably cannot, and it is that side that this thread was about.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Grivne a nice guy, doesn't deserve people being nasty towards him, he may get abit uptight now and then but same as the rest of us.

Kraben, that thread was like 7 months ago, along time, whats point in digging up past stuff to be honest, its not relivent to now, not even on topic.

Dyna, you slacker, why not rr10 yet huh huh!? come on msn so I can spam you, you know you wanna chitchat!. :(

Grivne, thought you were having fun in WoW?, release is soon so I hear. If your not having any fun at present, stick it in the cupboard take a break, get out abit, play some other games and so on, then when you feel you want to come back and see how things are do so.

Think before you post, I like that phrase, "if you've nothing nice to say don't say anything", well back to excal I hop n skip to, tata. :)

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Dumle said:
I see your point, its good that you have made a grp and I do wish you all the best, however everyone dont have the time to put into making it so Id rather run solo/duo when I have time to play and will probably not play for much longer.

Cant comment on the episode last night no, but I can comment on a side of Mid RvR atm that you probably cannot, and it is that side that this thread was about.

Alot of the old rvr guilds/groups are as good as dead these days; BaF, Maelstrom, Bad Omen, Everlast etc. But just because they are dead it doesnt mean new ones cant arise. That be uber leet groups who dedicates themselves 24/7, the more casual groups ( like sc ) or even the uber casual groups who only run few times a week 1-2 hours.

If you think you belong to the last group then there is probably alot of other people who does as well. There is nothing wrong with trying to get a few people together and create a "core" group of a few " needed " classes like healer/shaman's. Plan with eachother just a few nights a week where everybody can attend. It doesnt need to be much, tuesday and thursday 21-23 for instance. At least it will get you going and you know you wont log on to try start a whole new group from scratch..

Again, if you want a board - this goes to all in fact - please say so.

xenia-

Fledgling Freddie
thought i'd drop by and post a few lines :)

first of all, calling SC elitist would probably be as far from the truth as possible, yes - we do have a set rvr grp, runs tue-thur 20-24, and sometimes in weekends, that should hardly reflect on rest of guild in general.

we do take pride in our grp though, because we do pretty good - only reason we do is because its thought through setup, and we have good players in the best gear.

we run this grp so we can keep a keep claimed at high level - this would _not_ be possible without the bp input from that grp, end of story.

i also understand why kraben feels strongly about this - we started out as rr2+ and it has taken alot of effort to get to our current state.

at the same time i can ofc understand the frustration behind the initial post, and im sorry that you feel that way grivne, but as kraben says, why not start a SoN grp? i think you would be surprised how well you will do if you get the proper setup, even with less than perfect equipped chars. at the same time i would like to remind NE alliance guildmembers to use /as actively when trying to get a grp going - as we discussed at last meeting.

anyways, for future reference, if anyone has any trouble with sc members then contact me or another officer, posting a flame here (not saying this was intended) will be ignored completely.

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
xenia- said:
at the same time i can ofc understand the frustration behind the initial post, and im sorry that you feel that way grivne, but as kraben says, why not start a SoN grp? i think you would be surprised how well you will do if you get the proper setup, even with less than perfect equipped chars. at the same time i would like to remind NE alliance guildmembers to use /as actively when trying to get a grp going - as we discussed at last meeting.

a SoN rvr group.. we have tried, and now when we aint very active its even harder.

and i feel that i would let the spirits of SoN and all its old members down if i tried to make a hardcore rvr group in SoN.
We are a guild of friendship and comitment to its members and the realm, we try to help out when ever we can, to those that needs help.
SoN is kind of a guild to grow up in, try other lands in and come back to just enjoy yourself.

Many times ive been asked to join other guilds <nudges Snoz and the old SU crew> (;)) but have said no.

This is why it makes me mad when i get turned down in rvr because i happen to be in a 'pve' guild, as some people likes to call it.
There is 2 reasons i still play.. that is my guild that i have sworn commitment to since i recived the rank when Adrira left the guild and i also play for the rvr.

koxi

One of Freddy's beloved
GrivneKelmorian said:
A troll is pondering.. wether its worth playing this game still..

Most of his friends have already quit.. two wifes have quit, the third one is playing a diffarent server.. the elitism is somewhat coming back to midgard/prydwen.. altho it was gone for quite a while.

A troll is pondering about if he wants to spend more time fighting mobs to get armor, jewelery and weapons.. just to sit in svasud the whole night wondering if there will be a group coming along this night..

So the troll asks himself.. is it worth it?

NO.. you can't leave m8.. your part of this game! End of discussion =)

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
How the hell did the topic get from Griv leaving to SC bashing??

Oh yeah... Krabens paranoia.. that was it...

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Brunore said:
How the hell did the topic get from Griv leaving to SC bashing??

Oh yeah... Krabens paranoia.. that was it...
Two hints for you: (1) Read. (2) Comprehend. Then you will see how this misunderstanding happened. It's not rocket science, but I guess it's a lot to ask from some people.

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Two hints for you: (1) Read. (2) Comprehend. Then you will see how this misunderstanding happened. It's not rocket science, but I guess it's a lot to ask from some people.

and if u look he said wot he meant and it had nothing to do with SC...the words SC arnt copyrighted to Savage Conclave.

you can clearly see wot he meant in the first post, seeing as it came in the same sentence as wrong spec etc.

so it is to do with his paranoia(sp?) in a way and him insulting griv on public forum for little reason. Even if they had arugments in game, griv didnt mention it on here so why shud kraben have??

Dyna_Mite

Fledgling Freddie
Hey Soulsdoorway (Jaem) :wub: didnt know u were still playing :clap: and to your question not as easy as u think and i can think of better things to do with my time ;) and Grivne u should go and do something else if the game gets u down like i do :D

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
DaggerElivager said:
and if u look he said wot he meant and it had nothing to do with SC...the words SC arnt copyrighted to Savage Conclave.

you can clearly see wot he meant in the first post, seeing as it came in the same sentence as wrong spec etc.

so it is to do with his paranoia(sp?) in a way and him insulting griv on public forum for little reason. Even if they had arugments in game, griv didnt mention it on here so why shud kraben have??

Thank you :)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
DaggerElivager said:
That is your impression, but don't confuse your opinion with the actual truth. In light of the incident that happened in-game the night before, it is only natural that a number of people (i.e. not only Kraben, I did too) made the mistake. For myself, I read the original statement as Grivne bemoaning some treatment he got "from SC".

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
That is your impression, but don't confuse your opinion with the actual truth. In light of the incident that happened in-game the night before, it is only natural that a number of people (i.e. not only Kraben, I did too) made the mistake. For myself, I read the original statement as Grivne bemoaning some treatment he got "from SC".

your just confusing your opinion, with the truth.

look at the context of the statement. it doesnt fit for him to moan about SC...he may be foreign <hugs griv> :p but he wud know the context of where to write things and the majority of people on these boards who have an ok standard of grammar ( sp? :p) and punctuation could see what he was saying from just looking at the context of the sentence.

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Talk about paranoia alright. Dwera is one of a few people who has tried to bring alliances the realm as a whole together for various raids as I see it.

"got the wrong spec, wrong class, from (read: wrong) SC.. As Dumle said, why even _think_ that it means Savage conclave if you look at it in coherence with the rest of the sentence? Of course I wasn't there when "whatever" happened between Grivne and savage conclave, but imo (just my personal opinion as a human being, reading a forum) the only thing that drew my attention towards savage conclave, yet in a quite bitter and negative light, was the post by Kraben. It's cool to defend yourself and your guild, but doing it out of paranoia or over-interpretting is just no good.

But hey, I'm not here to join the mud-throwing. ;)

To the original post, as others have mentioned, I think the question can only be answered by yourself. I've been in the situation where I was asking myself the same question, and desperately needed someone else to answer it for me (dunno if that's how you feel ofc, but that's how I felt). I couldn't make sense of the game, everyone had all these fancy artifacts, were ml9-10, farmed places I had never even seen, were high rr's etc etc you know the story.

So I thought "Do I really want to spend hour after hour for countless days and evenings, kitting my already nerfed savage with fancy artifacts, lvling them when we get patch 1.71, then spend even more hours, evenings and weeks, months by attending raids to raise in ML???"

Not really!

So I quit for a few months (or maybe it was even just a few weeks-a month.. something like that. Gave my money to the guild, gave my gear away, gave stuff away on both excal and pryd to make sure I wouldn't come back.. after all, with naked chars they were much less attractive and I wouldn't be able to do anything constructive anyway.

But after a while I grew bored. After all on weekdays the only thing I had to do other than homework was to play other computer games or visit friends, but my friends had homework as well, so it was only during weekends I'd see them after all.
So I renewed my sub, began enjoying to do an artifact now and then. Get the scrolls for it. Do FFA artifacts just so they could get back on repop timer instead of just being up and un-done, did ML's (well still only ml5, but I'm getting there), did intensive RvR, solo and duo with my brother and we had great laughs and still have. Now we're running the occasional guild fg, because the others in the guild are also getting their ToA suits done and because me and Stormf bragged about the crapload of rp's we could make duo :)

All in all, after a little break, I found the fun I used to have. Of course I'm not always having fun.. e.g. running bled to catch a boat, but getting steamrolled over and over by patrolling! hibs and albs aint no fun, but then I just log and come back later.. do something else until I'm in a better mood.

Was a longer post than I intended, but I don't think it can be stressed enough, that you need to find whatever in the game makes you enjoy it the most. You're always welcome to ask me or Stormf, or I'm sure anyone in Onslaught for group if you see us RvR'ing, and that goes for anyone in the realm as long as they have humour and don't mind dieing :)

/rant off :wub:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
DaggerElivager said:
your just confusing your opinion, with the truth.

look at the context of the statement. it doesnt fit for him to moan about SC...he may be foreign <hugs griv> but he wud know the context of where to write things and the majority of people on these boards who have an ok standard of grammar ( sp? ) and punctuation could see what he was saying from just looking at the context of the sentence.

you know technically there is no such thing as "foreign" online since no people live on the "The Internet" therefor everyone is foreign :D

if the whine gets to you, have a cheese sandwich and it makes you feel so much better (seriously, i used to have to stop laughing when eating cheese and reading whine, made me choke :( )

or you could just take a break, or play some WoW, or stop completely (like i have for the moment) and actually do some work you lazy git! :eek6:

Gallak

Loyal Freddie
Ormorof said:
you know technically there is no such thing as "foreign" online since no people live on the "The Internet" therefor everyone is foreign :D

TBH anyone who's not from England is definately a "Dodgy Foreigner" or a "Bloody Yank"

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
Gallak said:
TBH anyone who's not from England is definately a "Dodgy Foreigner" or a "Bloody Yank"

exactly!! :p:p anyways u know wot i meant, english not being his main language :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom