50 Operative PvP video

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I had no idea you could zoom out that far, and man i'd love to have that little lag/performance issues :(

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
alot of people are having performance issues atm punishment, even people with top end pc's :p even I get 5-10 fps alot of the time and I can run skyrim in max everything on my pc, its something with SWTOR the problem is no on knows what.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I have a 3(4 but no 64 bit OS)gig lappy dual core with a decent for a lappy 512mb graphics card( nvidea 9700m GT), it was a beast 2 years ago but is feeling abit wank now

New rig in the spring methinks

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
thankfully i'll not have to replace mine for atleast another year or two.

rynnor

Rockhound
It runs with the same level of stability and graphics issues on my wifes laptop with no dedicated graphics card as it does on my 5 day old gaming desktop.

I dont think we can do much other than wait for a fix.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
I got bored after about half way through but I have to say....

I only saw two players on the whole enemy team over level 30 and one of them, the level 47, consistently gave him problems, even when he attacked him on20% hp.

No one ever seemed to snare him - I mean how often does that happen? Certainly never to the enemy team when I am playing.

He outnumbered his opponents in 90% of fights.

He contributed very little to his team's success.

So.... yes some of those numbers versus lvl 24s were pretty OTT but I would be a lot less sceptical if that was a remotely fair game before it even started.

All this really tells us is that Warzones need a minimum of two brackets; 10-49 and lvl 50s.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Didnt watch it all, but 3-4k crits isn't really high for lvl50 ;o

What pez said ^^ despite bolstering, tearing through lower lvls is kinda easy :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Ops can do that to 50's aswell, problem with ops is they can only sustain the damage for 15 seconds so in hind sight its fairly weak... lots of damage to 1 player then they hit like a wet noodle until cooldowns are back up. As for the crit damage at 50 it doesnt get much better than that :p i've not seen a class that hits for more than 6k at 50 and the 6k hit was a juggernaut funnily enough, but then again its totally dependant on how much Surge you have (the pvp gear has virtually no surge rating tho) so not many people will be bragging large hits unless they go in full PvE gear.

30k.jpg

Jugger/Guardian dishing out 6k aoe crits >< tank class lolwut.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Ran into a lvl45 sith sorc who hit me for 8k even thou my 25% dmg shield was up. And see my force charge stun, force choke, backhand being absorbed, resisted 99% of the times. Even forced choked a sorc in huttball in the fires 3 times during a game, he took no dmg, but dropped my choke, turned around kicked me away.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
and last game before logging today was a imp agent on enemy team, who did 440.000 dmg in the huttball. closest was a sorc with 199.000.

rynnor

Rockhound
The bolstering is a bit weak - the guy in that screenshot had just about 20k hp but the guy hes targetting has 13k - thats a big difference on its own before you even factor in all the cool abilities they will lack before 50...

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Sorcs are by FAR the most OP class, yet all i see is sorcs whining about other classes?:p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Sorcs are by FAR the most OP class, yet all i see is sorcs whining about other classes?:p

mmm no? they are far from the most overpowered class, well geared marauders rape them, well geared juggernaut/guardians rape them, bounty hunters and troopers rape them - quite far from being the most overpowered, infact the only way they are the most overpowered is if you stand there like a lemon letting them nuke the hell out of you.

Soazak

Part of the furniture

Wow you've been listening to the whines on the official forums..."Sorcs are OP but Sage's are not" etc because lightning looks big on their screen (the sorc whine threads have nearly all been started by Sages, who don't seem to realise the classes are identicle).

Operatives/Scoundrels, Marauder/Senti and Jugg/Guardian are, in their respective situations more powerful. The game is actually pretty well balanced, as Blood said, if they're nuking you without doing anything, yea you're going to die.

The actual problem with them, is that the Inquisitor (and consular) class covers the most popular archtypes, the Assassin/Shadow has stealth and can be both tank and DPS, while the Sage/Sorc is, what some consider the main healer as well as the caster type DPS. So naturally there are more of this base class than any other, and in Warzones all you see is the base class so people think they've lost to 6 sorcs, when really it was 2 melee, 2 healer, 2 caster etc..

Right now, the one to watch is the main melee tank classes (Sith Juggernaught and Jedi Guardian), they're pretty awesome and can be near unkillable with a good healer behind them.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Haha 1025(800ish Aim) Endurance on my Bounty Hunter now at 38 Woot !

ileks

Part of the furniture
I quite like my sniper but the cover mechanic is starting to get on my tits.

I'm quite useless on huttball if the team is playing properly and moving around all the time. Having to stop moving to do any damage sucks. I also get completely raped by stealthers.

I can do some good single target dps when people ignore me though :)

rynnor

Rockhound
ileks said:
I quite like my sniper but the cover mechanic is starting to get on my tits.

I'm quite useless on huttball if the team is playing properly and moving around all the time. Having to stop moving to do any damage sucks. I also get completely raped by stealthers.

The cover mechanic has a few issues -i like the concept though.

More cover points would be nice - lots of places dont have any :(

In pvp there seem to be too many classes that can instantly knock you out of cover rendering it less usefull.

Also as you say being forced to stay still to use most of your effects is a pain.

Anyone with a clue just runs away or out of los.

Stealth has issues too - people casting as i stealth still hit me blowing me out of stealth and forcing me to wait for the coolfown to restealth.

ileks

Part of the furniture
The most annoying thing is when it warps you somewhere you don't want to be when you take cover. For example from those sand bag things in the middle of huttball you can't actually see anyone.

rynnor

Rockhound
The most annoying thing is when it warps you somewhere you don't want to be when you take cover. For example from those sand bag things in the middle of huttball you can't actually see anyone.

Also the fact that you cant even change your viewpoint without popping out of cover leaving u completely vulnerable to rear arc attackers...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Stealth has issues too - people casting as i stealth still hit me blowing me out of stealth and forcing me to wait for the coolfown to restealth.

If you mean getting hit by aoe attacks, it should stay like this. Basic anti-stealth combat :D

Punishment

Resident Freddy
My poor 17 tank 11 proto 3 pyro Powertech cant kill shit in pvp even with 12500hp :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No just single target attacks that have a casting time - doesnt seem right really...

Oh right that. Yeah was annoying as hell in wow too, when you drop into stealth and the fireball can still smell you :p

Soazak

Part of the furniture
My poor 17 tank 11 proto 3 pyro Powertech cant kill shit in pvp even with 12500hp :(

Don't worry, they're pretty awesome at 50 :D

I'm not sure if split specs work at that lvl though, it seems the talent tree is using the newer wow 31 talent style, where you generally need to dump all your points into one line to get the most from it, could be wrong though.

Powertechs are complete trucks at 50 with 20k+ hp, and DPS close to a Merc/Commando.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
i havent played for like 3 days now :( fucking hooked on Dungeon Defenders.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
On Belsavis now about halfway thru the quests at level 42.7 or so, arr :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Operative is, absolutely, my fav class. Always trust me to like stealth :p

Did all the 4mans on balmorra with just my bro's assassin as backup(22/20 respectively). Companions ofcourse, but with my comp geared pretty much as much as me, heal and tank sorted ;)

Ofcourse helps that, for example, in bugtown we didn't have to kill anything with sleepy darts, the force sleepy thing and stealth on both.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
yeah on my sorc+comp and and op+comp (random person) we did 2 of Heroic2+s easy, I also had a 4 man grp for 2 Heroic4s with 2 sorcs and 1 tank + 1 op and it was easy. Love my static barrier :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom