Updates for PvP and more.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
  • Level 50 Bracket for warzones: There aren many level 50 characters on the servers already, so Bioware decided to give them a separate bracket.
  • More spawnpoints on Illum: That should concentrate the battles on specific points on Illum.
  • No companions on Illum: Well, a real warrior doesn't needs companions on the battlefield!
  • Reward-overhaul on Illum: There will be bonuspoints for each mission target controlled by your faction.
  • PvP gameplay overhaul: No detailed information for this right now. Maybe the cam-settings will be more free to adjust.
These features are announced for January. The following features and way more are planned for this year too:
  • Ranked warzones
  • Reward drops for open PvP on Illum
  • Permanent PvP statistics
  • Improved guard- and target-functions
  • More medals for warzone mission-targets
But that wasn't all for 2012. The SW:ToR playres can look forward to many more new features in 2012.

Info taken from http://www.manaflask.com/en/article/1501/sw-tor-pvp-update-plans-for-2012

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
WHAT THE FUCK ?!!?

No companions on Illum

right ok ! how do i do my dailies ?

Mabs

grab a friend?

shouldnt have to :)

it is apparently ONLY in the pvp objective area, not the whole planet. cant wait for the stealther fest though going to be classic

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
1.1 news.

massively.com said:
SWTOR's 1.1 patch adds anti-aliasing, level 50 Flashpoint

by Jef Reahard on Jan 6th 2012 7:30PM

Sci-fi, Bugs, Game mechanics, MMO industry, New titles, Patches, News items, Star Wars: The Old Republic

Star Wars: The Old Republic's next big update is live on the game's public test shard. BioWare says that the 1.1 patch is chock full of bug fixes and is "the first of many content updates" for the sci-fi MMO.

New stuff includes a level 50 Flashpoint (Kaon Under Siege) and four new bosses for Operation: Karagga's Palace. Also of note is an anti-aliasing option in the preferences menu and a correction for the problems plaguing Kira Carsen's affection conversations. The full patch notes are viewable on the official SWTOR website.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1276185

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I'm probably screwed on Ilum then when solo as Im pure heal spec. At least for soloing around while scavenging.

rynnor

Rockhound
I believe they removed the various craft resource nodes from Ilum in the last patch?

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
I believe they removed the various craft resource nodes from Ilum in the last patch?
From what ive seen this far, the "Battle for Ilum" area the west side of the planet, ive found no nodes, while in the "normal" quest area you have the nodes left. And Roo only half planet is pvp :) And if you need help just yell i can tank and you can heal we might kill a sith assassin after a week. :)

rynnor

Rockhound
Apparently the pvp zone nodes had a fast respawn of high level stuff which people were abusing by taking level 15s there so they removed them.

rynnor

Rockhound
Heh - the hotfix today capped Ilum at 100 but its not faction based so its still a zergfest of Imps - can Bioware do anything right now? Where has common sense gone?

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah ;/ they should cap it at 50 each faction then it'd actually be fine imo! imps might have to wait a while to get in so will want to reroll emp :D

rynnor

Rockhound
Or a rolling cap - tbh republic players are reluctant to go to Ilum now whereas theres a hundred Imperials - so chances of ever getting a hundred republic are pretty non existant.

We need a Roo like figure on each Republic side to pull together the dispirited forces and make them a credible opposition.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Message from Georg re: unresponsive PvP abilities. Source: http://www.swtor.com/blog/georg-zoeller-gives-update-ability-delay

Georg Zoeller gives an update on ‘Ability Delay’

Hi everyone; I wanted to give you all an update on the ability delay situation.

Thanks to constructive feedback from the community, including some great videos, we were able to identify an issue that could cause abilities on global cooldown to appear available to the player, resulting in unresponsive/ignored player input. A fix for the issue is currently scheduled to go to the public test server with our next update.

Additionally, we have located an issue that would cause player input for certain instant abilities to fail in frantic combat situations, resulting in unpredictable and frustrating gameplay issues for the affected player. A fix for the issue is currently scheduled to go to the public test server with our next update.

Finally, our engineers have identified an issue introducing a significant delay between player input and ability execution in certain game situations, most notably (but not limited to) fast paced PvP. The magnitude of the delay varies with a number of factors, including processor hardware, but can, especially on dual core CPUs, result in a very perceivable reduction in game responsiveness. We are in the later stages of testing a fix for the problem and hope to be able to roll it out to the servers very soon.

We're still investigating a number of additional issues, along with some usability and quality of life improvements for responsiveness regarding player input, but the above mentioned developments should provide a very measurable improvement in combat responsiveness.

Thanks again for your patience and support and we hope to see you on the public test server to help us validate these improvements before pushing them to the live servers.

Georg Zoeller
Principal Lead Combat Designer

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
New flashpoint is a hoot. We went straight into hardmode and wiped a few times as we chuckled through the surprises. We weren't geared enough for the bonus boss but that will come in time. Very fun instance.

Great riff on the zombie invasion thing. I loved the gimmick with the flashlights above everyones' heads

I notice the story leads to a followup instance which they will add later. Bioware have obviously planned for episodic content and accompanying stories to hook the players. If the quality is as good as Kaon Under Siege then thats a lot of longevity right there.

ileks

Part of the furniture
I wish they would get rid of the warzone commendation cap. I could only buy about 4 pieces of armor when my sorc got to level 20 with 1000 tokens.

rynnor

Rockhound
I wish they would get rid of the warzone commendation cap. I could only buy about 4 pieces of armor when my sorc got to level 20 with 1000 tokens.

You could convert them to mercenary ones as you go then convert them back to spend them?

Mabs

you can buy the pieces before you can use them, just dont stockpile the tokens

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom