Leaked Gameplay Video

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
ooo, what genre of game :)? and hi btw, hows life keeping you?

It's an online FPS. Things are generally good for me, funnily enough I still keep bumping into ex-GOA people working in different companies these days.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
It's an online FPS. Things are generally good for me, funnily enough I still keep bumping into ex-GOA people working in different companies these days.

ex-GOA are everywhere :) I get the same thing.

Hope life's treating you and Mrs C well :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

Aye, alot of the Ex-GOA people probably arent that bad :p just the utter tools like Requiel etc that you want to punch in the face on sight.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Aye, alot of the Ex-GOA people probably arent that bad :p just the utter tools like Requiel etc that you want to punch in the face on sight.

IainC is Requiel, or are you just messing around lol?

Genedril

Part of the furniture
IainC is Requiel, or are you just messing around lol?

Nothing like carrying that grudge around for a couple of years....

Its been, its gone and it's not like he was the only person to make mistakes.

I'm sure I met him once at a meet and he was a pretty nice person. That could have been the drink but probably not (unless it wasn't him at a London meet and then it must have been the drink). Then again I liked Tip and Aim when I met them too ;p.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I wonder what else SWOTR has thats blatently been ripped from other popular games.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I wonder what else SWOTR has thats blatently been ripped from other popular games.

Who fucking cares as long as it works?

All MMO's rip of other MMO's.

And as long as it's not just a copy and paste like perpetuum i don't really care.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Who fucking cares as long as it works?

All MMO's rip of other MMO's.

And as long as it's not just a copy and paste like perpetuum i don't really care.

I'd imagine alot of people care, who wants to play WoW all over again in a different shell basically? thats why most mmo's fail horribly these days because they all try to copy the current top seller and do a piss poor job at it.

WTB an mmo that has nothing in common with any previous mmo aside from pve and pvp.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I'm getting really tired of ppl claiming "WoW copy!" every time a new game shows up. Especially since WoW is ripping off features left right and center..

Just because two games share certain features doesn't mean one is a copy.

If that were the case then Every single MMO that came after UO or whatever the first ever was, is a copy or ripoff.

It's only a copy if you want it to be.

If you go in head first with blinders on expecting every new game to be a WoW copy then yes, it will be because its the only thing you will see... And again ignoring the fact that WoW itself is just one big ripoff.

So take those blinders off and look around a tad, you might be surprised at just how little of a WoW copy this game ends up being...

/edit:
WTB an mmo that has nothing in common with any previous mmo aside from pve and pvp.

That's not gonna happen because there's only so much you can do with a MMO of any genre...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'm getting really tired of ppl claiming "WoW copy!" every time a new game shows up. Especially since WoW is ripping off features left right and center..

Just because two games share certain features doesn't mean one is a copy.

If that were the case then Every single MMO that came after UO or whatever the first ever was, is a copy or ripoff.

It's only a copy if you want it to be.

If you go in head first with blinders on expecting every new game to be a WoW copy then yes, it will be because its the only thing you will see... And again ignoring the fact that WoW itself is just one big ripoff.

So take those blinders off and look around a tad, you might be surprised at just how little of a WoW copy this game ends up being...

/edit:

That's not gonna happen because there's only so much you can do with a MMO of any genre...

And i'm sick and tired of fanboys defending games that are obvious clones, have you even watched that 1.5hr video of TOR? and if so are you honestly sitting here saying "its not a WoW rip off"? if so you need your eyes testing.

As for WoW ripping off mmo's no one is denying that, most of WoW's ideas came from the first Everquest (where most of the Devs met because they were in one of the best guilds in EQ at the time)

Gaming companies all claim to have a new idea that no one has seen before but it all comes back to something thats been used before in 1 way or another, they're like politicians really, false promise just to get abit of £££ out of you.

All that said why are you getting so worked up Ctu? you're such an angry negative person at times really.. if you want to buy it then buy it, no one is telling you not to - all I said was "I won't be buying it" and voiced (if you can call it voiced) my opinion about the game which i'm well with in my rights of doing.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
And i'm sick and tired of fanboys defending games that are obvious clones, have you even watched that 1.5hr video of TOR? and if so are you honestly sitting here saying "its not a WoW rip off"? if so you need your eyes testing.

As for WoW ripping off mmo's no one is denying that, most of WoW's ideas came from the first Everquest (where most of the Devs met because they were in one of the best guilds in EQ at the time)

Gaming companies all claim to have a new idea that no one has seen before but it all comes back to something thats been used before in 1 way or another, they're like politicians really, false promise just to get abit of £££ out of you.

All that said why are you getting so worked up Ctu? you're such an angry negative person at times really.. if you want to buy it then buy it, no one is telling you not to - all I said was "I won't be buying it" and voiced (if you can call it voiced) my opinion about the game which i'm well with in my rights of doing.

No i did not watch the entire video, i stopped at about 40 minutes because i just didn't like the way he played it. To often was he just standing there doing nothing. And small insignificant things tends to annoy me for below reason

As for me being angry and pessimistic at times, blame my ADHD, i can't really do much about it even tho i try to. And no medicine has yet to work without really bad side effects.

But the point i was trying to make was don't just focus on the bits that are cloned or ripped off, because no matter how much we want to there still isn't that much MMO devs can do that haven't already been done in another MMO.

So no matter what every new game WILL be a "clone" of another game if you look hard enough for it. And as WoW have cloned more then any game, it's the game ppl compare to.

The best they can do is take ideas from other games and try to do them different enough to be interesting. And that's down to personal taste.

It's just down to accepting it the way it is and try to do the best of it because it's not going to change much until something changes in the way we play games, like proper "plug in and play" virtual reality or something...

Genedril

Part of the furniture
a. WoW ripped off other games just as much other games try to copy it.

b. People try to copy it because this is the type of game that the majority appear to want.

A. Is just the way that most industires work. Take another idea and if it is successful and can be crammed into your thing then in it goes. If you want something truly original you're going to have to look long and hard for it.

B. People here may not like it but WoW has numbers on its side. I personally think it to be the worst game ever created because:
I find it to be dumbed down tosh with over simplification to the degree that it makes Cbeebies look like a master class in the highbrow.

It's got numbers on it's side so 85% of people assume it must be right and either develop games like it or buy games like it, if not just play it, which leads to people developing like it to chase the cash.
Those games that aren't WoW like tend not to be very successful in the MMO arena. The only exceptions I can think of to this are Korean games (which attracts players of a completely different mindset) and Eve (which borrows heavily from UO in some respects and attracts players of a completely different mindset).

Basically the majority has spoken and I (and others) may not like it but then that's life.

WRLadonna

Loyal Freddie
Who the hell cares if its a wow clone as such , As long as the pvp is good that's all that matters lets face it , i watched the movie also and i had to skip bits due to the way the guy played the game , I lost count of the amount of times he had to look to the map to see where he was going where it was clear to see where he should be heading , On a side note you have seen that the movie has now gone , Well lets just say that guy is going to prison for posting that.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Moar Daoc clones please !

Well, if by that you mean vanilla DAoC with only updated graphics and movement, then sure. :)

Tho i suppose it still wouldn't be enough, i'm to damaged by todays MMO's to fully enjoy it :(

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
b. People try to copy it because this is the type of game that the majority appear to want.
I'm still not sure that's really the case.

I still firmly believe that WoW is a "FOTM" game that many ppl claim to like because they think they are supposed to. Group pressure kinda thing?

That and from what i've seen and heard, many players only really play it because of the guild or server community, not because of the game itself.

That and they know the game, it's a safe bet to play it so they don't want to risk anything by trying a new game to much only to find out they didn't like it and then try to catch up to those that stayed.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Nothing like carrying that grudge around for a couple of years....

Its been, its gone and it's not like he was the only person to make mistakes.

I'm sure I met him once at a meet and he was a pretty nice person. That could have been the drink but probably not (unless it wasn't him at a London meet and then it must have been the drink). Then again I liked Tip and Aim when I met them too ;p.

Are you referring to me holding a grudge? If so you're way off the pulse, I like Requiel and always have done, so I'm perplexed as to where you got that idea from.

Helme

Resident Freddy
I like how non-WoW players attempts to rationalise it's popularity by saying its the flavour of the month or whatever, rather than just accepting that it's the best MMO on the market and people are playing it because they enjoy it.

For the record, I don't actually even play any more but I can see why people do.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Are you referring to me holding a grudge? If so you're way off the pulse, I like Requiel and always have done, so I'm perplexed as to where you got that idea from.

Nope - Blood (I think) is/was bearing the grudge. You were pointing out that he was in fact talking to Requiel and as I knew that I thought I'd point out that there was a grudge being carried around that by him and he was sounding off at the very person (I'm not sure if he knew that IainC and Req are the same). I apologise for any confusion; I was actually agreeing with you and adding to your post rather than pointing a finger at you for the bearing of the chip.

I liked Req when I met him (or at least I think I met him - see previous). I didn't agree (to put it mildly) with some of his decisions/actions but that's in the past and it's been hashed over so many times it's pretty much irrelevant now. I wish him all the best in his current project and have no feelings of ill will towards him.

It's been FOTM for nearly 7 years.

Which is why I think it's actually what the majority want. Just like pop music these days: I may not like it but some bugger obviously does in spades.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Nope - Blood (I think) is/was bearing the grudge. You were pointing out that he was in fact talking to Requiel and as I knew that I thought I'd point out that there was a grudge being carried around that by him and he was sounding off at the very person (I'm not sure if he knew that IainC and Req are the same). I apologise for any confusion; I was actually agreeing with you and adding to your post rather than pointing a finger at you for the bearing of the chip.

I liked Req when I met him (or at least I think I met him - see previous). I didn't agree (to put it mildly) with some of his decisions/actions but that's in the past and it's been hashed over so many times it's pretty much irrelevant now. I wish him all the best in his current project and have no feelings of ill will towards him.

Which is why I think it's actually what the majority want. Just like pop music these days: I may not like it but some bugger obviously does in spades.

I wasnt bearing a grudge tho :p I was just trolling, I stopped playing euro daoc when requiel was involved alot so his actions didnt effect me any.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
There's a lot of rose tinted views of DAoC. I loved playing that game back in the day. When I revisited it, it only confirmed that DAoC's day was over. Additionally, there is much glossing over seriously huge flaws like needing up to 3 accounts to compete on an even footing which has always been ridiculous.

The RvR model itself however has never been equalled... but only the RvR model. Mythic have always been shit at interfaces and DAoC was a real clunker, even at the time.

WoW is on the wane in many people's eyes purely because they've played it to death. I have lots of fond memories of playing WoW but most of the stuff since Cataclysm left me cold. There's some feeble content recycling going on atm as well which is annoying some long standing players and giving them the final push to quit. Whether this is a growing trend or a few isolated cases I cannot say.

Regarding SWToR, the jury's still out. Not played it, don't know anyone else that has, will wait and see.

Nate

FH is my second home
Can't really expect the mmo world to keep doing new things and not using tried and tested, no other genre does it and happens in all industries.

If it ain't broke why fix it?

The golden age of mmo has been and gone.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Additionally, there is much glossing over seriously huge flaws like needing up to 3 accounts to compete on an even footing which has always been ridiculous.

That was a phenomenon introduced in SI, prior to that you NEVER saw anyone run around with a bot in tow or saw any buffbots at the portal keeps.

Vanilla DAoC were perfect, there were no chance what so ever to cap everything you needed, so you had to make some pretty grim choices. Now on the other hand there's templates out there with almost no compromises at all...

Vanilla DAoC > everything after that...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
That was a phenomenon introduced in SI, prior to that you NEVER saw anyone run around with a bot in tow or saw any buffbots at the portal keeps.

Vanilla DAoC were perfect, there were no chance what so ever to cap everything you needed, so you had to make some pretty grim choices. Now on the other hand there's templates out there with almost no compromises at all...

Vanilla DAoC > everything after that...

I remember before they added sc'ing :p my troll warrior had his epic suit on and I did alot of math on items to fix his resists, he ended up having good stats and amazing resists (I think most were 19-25% which was fucking amazing at the time) no one could touch him 1v1 because they just didnt do enough damage to get past the resists... wtb those days :( I miss no sc times.

Bahumat

FH is my second home

Ah ok cool :) sorry for the confusion!..and late reply!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom