2 Bards vs something else. VN boards discussion

Phelann

Fledgling Freddie
--

2 healer,2shaman,4svg for new server imo on mid

--

is what I was responding to . . . as in no toa.

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
well ok, would be worth to have a warrior if they had a decent merc MA train, but vs bm's it would be easy as no dirty trick.

4 svgs would probably be able to kill a merc in 1 round each or so =P

Helme

Resident Freddy
With the new det having a warden in group is even more important in my opinion, as mez won't do much good anyways and the casters will need all help they can get from the unstoppable savages.

vintervargen

Banned
imo 2 bards would be ok, but only if its a full tank group/tanks + 1 light eld

making swirling extended lockdowns after a successfull loop is also nice, btw

vintervargen

Banned
Helme said:
With the new det having a warden in group is even more important in my opinion, as mez won't do much good anyways and the casters will need all help they can get from the unstoppable savages.

id rather have 4 svg-grp then 1 bd-grp.

Matteh

Fledgling Freddie
in re to all above : wtf? I have no idea what ne of u are saying maybe I should try out another realm to see whats going on :p

Phelann

Fledgling Freddie
"With the new det having a warden in group is even more important in my opinion, as mez won't do much good anyways and the casters will need all help they can get from the unstoppable savages."

PRE KITE:)!

"making swirling extended lockdowns after a successfull loop is also nice, btw"

swirling extended lockdowns?

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Hi m8s. 2 bards rocks

you euros are the retards :m00:

Perhaps if you tried running it. or knew anything about the US rvr scene you shouldnt follow a bandwagon.

Bye nubbies :mad:

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Chimaira always thought he was cool when he was not, nothing new there.

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Running 2 bards on EU is just not optimal versus the alb/mid setups u meet. just like it wasnt optimal to run 3 LW hero assist train back pre toa becuz mid and albs actually used guard :<

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
majik said:
lvl 50 Armsman RR4
lvl 50 Sorceress RR4
lvl 50 Scout RR7

lvl 50 Infiltrator RR6
lvl 50 Minstrel RR5
lvl 50 Necromancer RR2
lvl 50 Reaver RR2
lvl 50 Cabalist RR6
lvl 50 Scout RR6

:clap: yep, he's having a really hard time ^^

Phelann

Fledgling Freddie
"Running 2 bards on EU is just not optimal versus the alb/mid setups u meet. just like it wasnt optimal to run 3 LW hero assist train back pre toa becuz mid and albs actually used guard :<"

I dont understand why it wouldnt work on EU, post NF I haven't seen any bizarrely different setups from US and EU. (the 2 bards that is)

begach

Fledgling Freddie
My 2 cents

Second bard is never a replacement for a warden, or a nurt druid. The rest can be worked around an make up whatever. Your better off replacing a tank with the second bard than the warden. The additional interrupt ability and heals much outway the respective loss in a groups utility replacing a tank (not the shield :p) than it ever will replacing a warden (I aint sayin a tank has more or less utility than a bard, just a hell of alot less than a warden). Replacing a warden with a second bard is just "not right" ;)

Tried it back in the day btw with a second bard (me in a tank spot) and it worked alot better than anyone was expecting but admittedly probably never optimal.

PS what kind of game do the US play if they can win without resists? :touch:

B.

Grund

Fledgling Freddie
Imo if u can cover with interrupt all enemy support/casters without being interrupted then u r meeting rly shit opponents. Just my 2 cents

Grund

Fledgling Freddie
if u mean just lull and dd then cmon... and if u mean moc then on eu if i fire moc im dead b4 it ends vs good grps (well in 75% of fights vs them)

moik

Fledgling Freddie
I think Phelann makes some good points but i think having 2 bards in group would be pretty much like having 2 shamans, you have 2 people doing the same job that 1 decent player can do himself. Warden adds grapple, bodyguard, grapple, heals, grapple, resists, grapple and most importantly grapple while the bard would be pretty much rendered useless unless the other bard is pretty shite. Especially with high rr support 2 bards are inferior to warden + bard, DH's grps with 2 RR11 druids with moc3 is pretty hard since they can have very good interupts and heals. Add pets (ML9 :() to that and i think they pretty much got interupts under control.

Then again i think US runs more castergroups and due to clustering they have more fights than we do at EU servers atm so MOC is pretty situational there and it's up every fight when you need it on excal. So i guess whatever you chose you wouldn't really have to worry about losing cause you brought the wrong setup all the time, tho I would pick warden over 2nd bard when playing on EU.

Hope i made some sense,

liloe

It's my birthday today!
rvn said:
2 healer,2shaman,4svg for new server imo on mid :p

well actually it was me who said 3healers +2shammys on new server, mainly cause I like having 3healers in a mid group and no BG means 3tanks can deal funny damage. Then again, think an aug/heal specced shammy would work for backup? You loose the ae root and insta disease, but you don't loose buffs/shears/ae dis and you gain backup healing.

Then for the tanks with that setup...3 savages? Or 2sav and 1warr for defense/offense swiching? I'm not really sure as I don't know what savages can do damage wise if enemy has DI ( I only heal them and cc my enemies, that's what I do =) and valk only dinged 50 yesterday =)) )

Fyric

Fledgling Freddie
phelann, unless you play a group without mages on eu, the warden is absolutely essential, you say u want the bard for extra interupting.. but you really do seem to forget that the 2/3 bm's, eld and the 2 druids interupt alot aswell, pre-toa i see your point in running without a warden, but with toa the warden is very much needed for keeping the eld alive.

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
liloe said:
well actually it was me who said 3healers +2shammys on new server, mainly cause I like having 3healers in a mid group and no BG means 3tanks can deal funny damage. Then again, think an aug/heal specced shammy would work for backup? You loose the ae root and insta disease, but you don't loose buffs/shears/ae dis and you gain backup healing.

Then for the tanks with that setup...3 savages? Or 2sav and 1warr for defense/offense swiching? I'm not really sure as I don't know what savages can do damage wise if enemy has DI ( I only heal them and cc my enemies, that's what I do =) and valk only dinged 50 yesterday =)) )

after haveing played with 2 healers instead of 3, i prefer 2 healer setup ;) atleast works very well for us right now.

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
for the love of god..
Wardens =
Grapple, bodyguard, AE END DRAIN ON ASSIST TRAINS, powerdrain on other healers/casters, resist buffs, backup healing and whatnot.
the warden spot cannot be filled with another bard, no matter how much you stress it..

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Glacier said:
for the love of god..
Wardens =
Grapple, bodyguard, AE END DRAIN ON ASSIST TRAINS, powerdrain on other healers/casters, resist buffs, backup healing and whatnot.
the warden spot cannot be filled with another bard, no matter how much you stress it..

-toa stuff u have: resist buffs, backup healing +crap rezz +crap interrupter (maybe ok with new det who knows.) + twf

and its a valid discussion as its about non_toa server

Luona

Fledgling Freddie
i dont think getting 2 bards with 2x demezz and 2xam 2xsos will solve fg vs fg on lamorak as soursi said they get better grp heals then warden´s and with alittle tweak on specc they can get decent grp heals.

But running with end + secondary bard running resist chants twisting interupting etc. sounds like ppl should play alb gg for awhile w/o a friar and tell pallie to the same. + bard need to heal interupt etc.

wardens ppl say dont add much to grp etc except pbt,"better single heal then bard",twf,resist buffs, i cant really see why 2bard setups wasent the fotm setup before toa then ^^.

if lamorak is dark age of tankalot and nearsight then what can a bard do vs 2+ charging tanks?, they would insta die or ? and dont grp on lamorak want to lower dps overall i really dont see how a bard can do this. Maybe they have special play style but iirc last time i played grp rvr we won if we outdps the other grps healer capability.

anyways i do see the use of 2x cure disease on non toa servers but iirc you have 3x cure already ^^ with 2droods + 1 bard.

so basically what another bard add is 1 more interupter + 1 more sos and aom and i ask myself is this what a hibb grpa needs to compete ?

i will stick to my old school ways anyways with a 6sec pbt scale user with 49 nurt 42 regrowth 12 wep 6 parry.as secondary backup healer over bard.

wouldnt you rather test other dps setup´s on hibb

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
so far ive seen few wardens, and when they have a warden, hib grp suddenly becomes much harder, twf kills pet fast, easy to get rid of tanks, caster dps drops quite abit..

tho i respecced air on theurg now to fight 2 bard hib grps, can kill em so fast with low spirit resists :)

but with the tankheavy grps atm, id prolly do something like:
druid druid bard hero(guarder) manachanter lighteld bm bm

Himse

FH is my second home
This is old post?

But warden: BG, Interupt, Heals, pbt, grapple, dmg add, twf

2nd Bard: End, Interupt..

wtf? :| must be shit boring playing 2nd bard in grp..

i reckon they run 2x bard coz the bards suck :<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom