2 Bards vs something else. VN boards discussion

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
so what the hell has it got to do with Euro servers (why post it here) if its about a non toa server? it is even more of a retarded thread than i first thought. its like saying only groups with 3 savages pwn all.

Himse

FH is my second home
all the US players make me laugh haheahehae

i havent really seen a proper bomber group in NF yet. so US people need to play EU before sayin we fun bomb grps, also your shit setups, (3 champs wtf)? ok :)

imo US players are gimped xD worse than me!

Phelann

Fledgling Freddie
"ok so you are saying you play 2 druids 2 bards and use a hero (or another BG'er) thats 5 people used up for defensive duty, i take it you use a light eld for NS so thats 6 people not offensive (in the purest form) wow, 2 damage dealers vs 3 healers (in a mid group) bet thats fun. in other words why dont you use 1 bard 2 druids and a warden, all defensive duty and interupts taken care of, yes druids are allowed to spec nature. then you can have a light eld 2 BMs and a warlord hero, actually plenty of options for offense."

Remember what I said about reading? Try it.

The hero can be on the train . . . the train which is killing enemy tanks . . . ie playing defensive. When the train is being defensive, the hero/champ can bg the targets of the tanks which the train is killing.

And those 3 healers? Please try that reading thing. Thats what the 2 bards are for.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
non_toa server with new determ i would say 2 bards aint so bad there as an option, but on toa server warden is just better.

but if you want to get rid of a warden, i would get another druid instead another bard, much like for the shammy spot in mid, this extra drood could go for shear-ae_root as main task... think its abit better option then 2nd bard, who knows demezz aint bad either :d

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Phelann said:
Remember what I said about reading? Try it.

The hero can be on the train . . . the train which is killing enemy tanks . . . ie playing defensive. When the train is being defensive, the hero/champ can bg the targets of the tanks which the train is killing.

And those 3 healers? Please try that reading thing. Thats what the 2 bards are for.

i have read it and its still a complete waste of group utility, go back to your comedy groups and wtfpwn all other comedy groups.

Ozilia

Fledgling Freddie
US and EU have always had different styles so it's kind of hard to compare anyway.
But imo for ToA servers bard+warden > 2xbard easily.
However new non-toa servers it's really a tossup, would probably still go bard+warden but 2xbard sure has it's uses, especially when warden don't have access to bg/grapple.
Thing is US ppl seems to be so horny on using lw heros/champs in the assist train, so a warden for the pbt is still better then 2xbards imo..

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
At the end of the day the realm rank and the skill of the players is going to have more effect than 2 bards or 1 bard 1 warden. A skilled assist train with 2 bards suppressing the other team is gonna be good but then we all know what effect TWF can have on a fight aswell. Without BG on the non toa servers the warden would really only be in the grp for resist buffs and TWF tho :(

Calo

Part of the furniture
at the end of the day, who fucking cares what setup u run. Aslong as u have fun with the ppl u want, its right, even if that means u have to run with 10 because u have 9 very good irl friends.

poky

Fledgling Freddie
Himse said:

i havent really seen a proper bomber group in NF yet. so US people need to play EU before sayin we fun bomb grps, also your shit setups, (3 champs wtf)? ok :)

I havent seen you in a proper group iether :eek7:

Himse

FH is my second home
poky said:
I havent seen you in a proper group iether :eek7:

i has been in one once! once upon a time... but not really much l8ly!

Lethul

FH is my second home
Himse said:

tbh i think 3 champs could work fairly well?

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Can you get grapple an bg on a non toa server?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
no...seeing as they are both TOA abilities, you also miss out on artifacts, though afaik you can still get your stat caps from cata items on a non toa server.

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
ml9 Nat druid > 2nd bard :q

dont you dare try to remove warden from group before i get rr10!

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Xsorus-Merlin said:
It also doesn't help that you have EU people posting that Mids need to run 3 Healers/2 shamans on the non toa server because Paci healers aren't suppose to heal.

WHAT THE FUCK??? :D :D :D :D

You really need to get a clue ^^

Edit I'm *really* gonna try to convince people to come reroll into that server

Phelann

Fledgling Freddie
So are you laughing at the person that said that pac healers aren't suppossed to heal or the person that thinks the pac healer should.

Just curious.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Phelann said:
So are you laughing at the person that said that pac healers aren't suppossed to heal or the person that thinks the pac healer should.

Just curious.

I didn't think any groups here ran with 2 shamans tbh but I could be wrong. But with your statement, don't you think having 1 pac healer + 2 shamans +banelord abilties is a bit overkill for interupts? I'd have thought a mid group much better having just the one shaman and having a SM instead for interupting/nuking

Phelann

Fledgling Freddie
The 2 shaman 3 pac healer comment was made during a discussion about the new toa less server (where there are no buffbots and therefore 2 shamans are needed in the group).

But I'm still curious about the pac healer not healing thing:>

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Again, who gives a fuck what americans run on a no toa server, we do not even have one (if we do indeed ever get one) on the EU servers therefore with our server rules 2 bards is just no where near as good as bard + warden for so many reasons, that is what you dont seem to to understand, fair enough, you may need 2 shammies for buffs, we still have BBs so it would be a complete waste of time.
I havent seen a pb bomb in ages, except maybe the odd one vs a random warder group so i have no idea what videos you have been watching, doubtfull its excal.

now i am sorry if i have offended you in anyway but i simply do not care what you get up to on a US non toa server.

Phelann

Fledgling Freddie
Someones confused.

I was only correcting the person who mentioned 2 shamans. The 2 bard discussion is with toa, or without toa.

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
Xsorus-Merlin said:
Well first of all, this was a discussion on Lamorak, a non TOA server, so yes a Warden is freakin pointless on this server completely compared to two bards.

Second, EU guilds tend to run alot of Bodyguard and PBAE casters, This doesn't work well on the US servers...

Because A, we kill any warden we see try to do the grapple bot crap instantly, Then B, we kill the caster who thinks he can cast without moc next to me.

Most midgard guilds who have fought against our hib groups, Also, don't run Bodyguard.

For instance, groups on our server ran 3 Champions.. If you ever fight against 3 rank 9 + champions in the group, you'd see why Running BG is nothing more then handicapping yourself.

Because A, they'll drop those ST's all around, then B 1 round your BG tank with Banespike,Battler,Rank 5 of theirs.

Now I can see a need for a Warden on the main toa servers just because they do provide some use, But if you rely on BG/Grapple as much as your video's suggest you do, You'd not last long on the US servers against anyone competent.

It also doesn't help that you have EU people posting that Mids need to run 3 Healers/2 shamans on the non toa server because Paci healers aren't suppose to heal.

dont think ive seen anyone pbaoe on exc since the 25% spellpierce nerf exept for pbaoeing pets.

instakilling warden is pretty common tactic here too (atleast we did when we ran tank group, mostly to piss off the warden tho :p) (ccing it is far better if its possible tho)

not running bodyguard as a midd group is pretty gimp imo, haveing a savage/warr with bg is really usefull vs the 3+ melee groups.

3 champs useing rr5 ability to kill a warrior would not be possible if he had testudo up, even if hes bathing in ST. Would be able to stay alive a while even w/o it, if useing SB3 + engageing between the stuns. (and also champs are pretty easily CC:ed as they dont have charge.)

Warden gives red resists to group, can spam ml styles (end/power drain/buffshear), pbt, limited heals, bodyguard, grapple.

And about EU people, just like in US majority here are pretty much stupid, especially those trolling forums so dont bother with such comments that pac healers are not supposed to heal, its just as stupid as telling people to roll 2h savages.(3 healer setup, both pac healers should interrupt & heal, and aug should allways stay back not being able to get fucked up by interrupts or mezz.)

non toa server additional bard could be pretty usefull, would be more fun to play atleast speed6 > speed5 when roaming, and 2x SoS, 2x AM, 2x demezz, (get 20% spirit/body/energy resist if music bard twists), and backup bard would get superior group heals over the warden, aswell as he would get singel cure disease/dot (wich wardens do not get).

you would loose PBT/4% resist (also resist even if you are out of chant-range)/damage add that is twistable/TWF.

yeah id probably choose bard myself :p especially if i was main bard leading, speed6 is alot more fun to play with, and the coice is only going to make it alot harder against alb sorc/caba groups (where you cant have resist up if you would get mezzed/stunned, however with a non toa server and 80% determination, who would run caster groups anyway?)

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
oh and casters w/o bodyguard these days dont last long vs good assist teams that have charge :p so that why you would want one. (well sm is an exeption).
and before you mention PD5, i said good assist teams (includes switching lw when hitting pd casters).

2 healer,2shaman,4svg for new server imo on mid :p

duact

Fledgling Freddie
wasnt it on US servers that LW hero assistrains was the shit?

Phelann

Fledgling Freddie
Defensive (s/s) tanks never really caught on in the US so LW trains were viable.

And sorusi, savages can be so delicate:(

duact

Fledgling Freddie
reason why shieldtanks werent used must be that us ppl are retarded. and even without shieldtanks dw tanks outdamage lw tanks

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
Phelann said:
Defensive (s/s) tanks never really caught on in the US so LW trains were viable.

And sorusi, savages can be so delicate:(

yeah if they suck

resist shout, evade shout, parry shout, winged helm use,som use, af charge use, combined with battler use2. + strafe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom