your first char, and your first day in daoc

Robby

Fledgling Freddie
best memory I ever had was when I was already RR5. it had nothing to do with the game, but was just a funny chat. I remember just sitting down at the merchants in DF ad just enjoying chatting with my guild: the brethren.
And though I later had a couple of arguements with the guildleaders I'll never forget this.
It was subedai, telling about his first wank. Apperantly his American causin had come along and showed him how to wank.
but he typed it this way: I remember my first wank. It was in my room with my armerican cousin.
but, Mcpain didn't understand what subedai meant, and thought he was telling bout wanking his cousin. man, that was hilarious.

when I entered game I wanted to be a noble armsman, proud on defending Albion. I started at humberton killing spirit hounds and small pigs.
later moved on to dwarfs.
my first rvr experience was at lvl 9, when someone from flemish lions took me with him. I died after 20 seconds but was hooker for over 4 years.

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Hawkwind said:
...Red Dragons Guild with Spiral (Cleric) who I had been leveling with. It was a great laugh and I really enjoyed those days of endless leveling. Guys like Madonion, Feyd, Stephen, Fii and Zlair were all great to group with....
We totally rocked! ;)

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Robby said:
best memory I ever had was when I was already RR5. it had nothing to do with the game, but was just a funny chat. I remember just sitting down at the merchants in DF ad just enjoying chatting with my guild: the brethren.
And though I later had a couple of arguements with the guildleaders I'll never forget this.
It was subedai, telling about his first wank. Apperantly his American causin had come along and showed him how to wank.
but he typed it this way: I remember my first wank. It was in my room with my armerican cousin.
but, Mcpain didn't understand what subedai meant, and thought he was telling bout wanking his cousin. man, that was hilarious.

when I entered game I wanted to be a noble armsman, proud on defending Albion. I started at humberton killing spirit hounds and small pigs.
later moved on to dwarfs.
my first rvr experience was at lvl 9, when someone from flemish lions took me with him. I died after 20 seconds but was hooker for over 4 years.

lol

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
I remember my first char, was a troll warrior..err..named Koloos I think(long time ago gimme a break) in beta. was playing with a rl mate of mine(he had a troll thane) I was SO jealous of his lightning bolt stuff :p

Also remember last days of beta there was a zombie army over most of galplen/gna faste :p extremely high con for a L16, so everyone gathered in gna to try to kill some of them off. We mustve been like 40+ noobs running around getting slaughtered coz we had no clue :p

fun times...

/Dracus

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
Guess everyone has a story.

After playing UO for 2 years some friends of mine ( greek xD ) suggested me camelot and how cool and advanced it is and blah blah. I got convinced and rolled my first char in midgard prydwen. My mighty SB called Lunoc.Just 2 weeks before SI release. It was a class i really enjoyed playing both in terms of description but also skill wise. Ive joined a guild called White Rose and soon after that my lovely LA nerf came ( i will remember this my whole life ). I remember myself logging the day after the nerf and trying my luck in vendo caverns. In my surprise the results were terrible ofc as the nerf was really harsh for SB's aswell as zerks those days. I got pissed off totally and moved in Hib after 6 months of playing in Mid. Using my pen & paper passion and since i always prefer to be the bard in the group i rolled one in camelot too and from back there till now it is and will be the best class for me despite the terrible things he lacks compared to other classes. I met my first friend named Pyrana which later on i became best man for him in his IRL wedding and so far he is a special friend for me. We joined a guild called Braves but soon enough moved to Dream Walkers and met Roxanna, Miho and Slapy and so on.
Blessed thy be those days for they were and they will be for many years in my soul and will always travel with me.

Just a small story :)

Mck

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
first day in daoc was a mess, started at Lethantis Association in Campacorentin Forest, died alot on purple mobs, couldnt understand why some fucking Pixies was stronger than me and screemed for hours cause i got lost and didnt had a clue where to go.

and ofc map system got introduced several years after.

Fahdlan

Fledgling Freddie
hi Adari. hehe you should have thought that some months ago, I actully started going out after I quitted DAoC some months ago.
got 2semi jobs, making roads, driving machines, and working as a keep guard irl. throwing lame people out of party's etc. and you get to be violent sometimes:D and thats really fun:D changed my hobby from gaming to weightlifting aswell :) ah, pirate taxi aswell xD
going out enough then?
going to play some daoc this xmas:) so I'll see you guys ingame maybe.

Marc

FH is my second home
My first day was spent xping and begging my cousin for hand me downs/guild invite. First foray into RvR as a level 50 was with Shadowlords. Think everyone used to get that adrenaline rush when someone said INC in /g. Best times in game though are without doubt the times spent in Shadowlords, just for the laughs we all used to have. Aanderud, Nakkiel, Brandon, Mall, Heath, Belomar, Nibor, Herc, Vindicator, Gamblor (miss you buddy), Lookdaddy, Rollie and Havesome. Great days, will never be bettered in any MMORPG.

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
funnest thing I ever did was in the very first BG. I don't mean Thidranki, the very first one that was implemented.

I was playing my inf and I came to the hib owne CK. I noticed the door was down so I entered. I walked up the stairs in the old fashion keeps to the second door that was also open.

Upon checking the lord I found 4 mids attacking. I watched the lord go down from stealth and I just decided to jump in, die and go level some more.

I rushed to lord on /Stick and hit off a PA. Purely by accident or luck, I got the killing blow and the keep respawned with Albion guards.

Oke the mids killed me without breaking a sweat, but I was laughing my arse off. God, I wish I could have seen their faces as they died to the respawned guards :p

The should put in one of the old keeps just for old time sake :p

Another great memory is of being on a relic raid buffed out of my brain carrying a ram. The object was for the zerg to pull the guards, then 8 buffed infs would jump the walls carrying 4 rams and go to work on door 3 and grap the prize.

As we were short of cleric, I had stuck my buffbot to the raidleader and just as I jumped into a still guard filled mid relic keep some guard 2 shots my cleric :p I stood there perma rooted because of the ram, on the floor of the keep amitt the guards and the slowly inlogging mids... Never was stealth so scary :)

Mothy

Fledgling Freddie
My first day of daoc was on the UK release date, dont remember when that was...

My first character was a cleric called Apocalypse (very original name I know). I started at prydwen keep and immediately began leaching off some guy killing ghost hounds or something. He began shouting at me calling me a retard and told me to stop leeching. I had no idea what I was doing and couldnt even talk back.

I then met Bootae the scout, Tyrn the Armsman and Filthius the wizard there was also a friar called matthius. We made a group and after about a week we got to lvl 6 or so killing dwarves north of camelot. From there went to slavers on salisbury plains and I remember playing with onlyone and her being afk a lot and our group dying a number of times :) .

My cleric was smite spec'd and i found it hard to get groups cause of this. I helped form my first guild The Legion of Darkness. I lvl'd with Edge and Jazhara at ellyls in frontier at very low lvl and eventually dinged 50 killing tree's after 40 days played or so.

My first experiance in rvr was running out APK in emain and getting bolted by Sun for about 1200 dmg. Everyone then chased Teza all around emain trying to kill him as he was the only lvl 50 in the game. Mids used to drop loot bags on our dead bodies to show off that their dungeons had been itemised and would then laugh at us cause we wore crafted armor with no stats.

Also remember leveling with melisandre who was for me the best pala in game and was amazed at how much she blocked and got aggro.

Those were the days when smite clerics where good... you could pbaoe mez a whole group and kill 2 people in it by that time pbaoe mez was back up you could use it again and kill another 1 at least before the rest of the group became unmezzed and killed you.

Boring to some but maybe some names in there people remember!

Pio

One of Freddy's beloved
First character I leveled was Piojo my Elph Enchanter.

Started lvling just randomly as u did not having a fucking clue, wasn't that hard to level think it took me 14 days played which back then was fast!

Joined a guild called Green Peacekeepers when I was about lvl 20 and stayed in them till I was 50 for a while made one of my best friends ever there in Ulrackfreeleader! Legend.

Once I hit 50 I got my sc suit and went and did pvp but I didnt have a fucking clue didn't even know what mg's were and why they were there. After a while I got an understanding of pvp and wanted to aim for just doing pvp all the time which made me join Order of the Illuminati because one of my old friends (Jarakin) was the GM and we were trying to get a pvp group together. Stayed in them for a while till I saw it wasn't gonna work (could never get a fg) and while I was in Ooti I started doing rvr with Lourker bfr Redb etc.

When Eclipse started up I got an invite like the day after they were made which I was really excited about (zomg imba pvp team) Best time's in the game were always with Eclipse made some awesome friends bfr dook lourk redb edlina furb latino etc. I really do miss the old emain days when we'd run as a fg all day in emain and mebbe die once or twice rps farming ftw.

Remember one fight just as we were going to mmg and an alb zerg had just got there checking it out before they went onto DC seriously there was about 80 albs all you could hear on teamspeak was OMG TOO MANY RUN etc we got caught up in the zerg and had to fight 10 mins later the fight was over 80 dead albs and 3 eclipse still standing and alot of laughing and screaming on TS , had a screenie of it somewhere just me slayn and lourk left alive with alb bodies everywhere. Miss the old eclipse so much hopefully we will do something with warhammer.

About 6 months before toa came out I rolled a ns and buffbot and got them to 50 sc'd etc and started just soloing this was when rambo and alb had about 1000 infils always camping mg's so to get rps was hard enough, soloed my way to rr5 on my ns then got bored and started duo'ing with a few people like succi balth venomz few other np peeps. Got to know Rambo quite well in irc and ingame from fighting him etc (really cool guy) and about a month before toa he went inactive and so let me play his account.
Some of the best fun I had was on Rambo solo killing groups of stealthers 3-4 people was so funny that character was just so imba was making like 120k over 2 days rvr wish I had had a pc which I could have made a movie with that char just to show how deadly it was.

When ToA came out I got shit on my nightshade SL etc and just went rvr after about 2 days of ToA never ToA'd my chanter so in the end I just got bored couldn't be fucked to do my chanter and quit for about a year and a half. Came back for a while I few months ago but since the cluster it's changed so much hardly know anyone in hib anymore and I haven't played now for about 7-8 months I think I know more albs than hibs these days.

I do miss the old rvr days with eclipse probably my best gaming moments with those guys.

Fuck me think this is the longest post I've ever done on here peace out and happy crimbo!

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
my very first character was in fact a mincer called Elara. asked my bro (who was working at a games shop at time) to bring daoc back so i could test wether i liked it or not... was just for an hour.. said.. aye i like it.. gonna buy it..

the next day i made my first proper char.. ilaya dasquirrelslayer da lurikeen champion!

made her lurikeen coz i wanted a challenge, had previously only played the likes of might and magic games.. OFFLINE games btw... and got it into my big head i would piss my way thru an online version of an rpg.

ilaya was not easy to level lol. champs didnt even have self str/con buff back then.. but i grinded my arse off to 50.. (was only the 3rd lvl 50 lurikeen champ at the time)

first experience of rvr i think i was lvl 16... was in the massive Minas Tirith guild at the time.. and albs were pouring into midgard.. and the middies asked us (im guessing via irc) for help. was my first time i ever saw a troll!! and still the alb zerg trounced us in odins.. musta been 200 or so..

remember my first solo kill tho!! was in emain.. was prolly around lvl 20... Seamus the bard from minas tirith mezzed some peeps up on a hill and told me to come along and whack em! and i did!! with my lollypop sized blunt weapon! (yeah was mezzed not solo kill etc heh)

the noob things.. suprisingly for me.. didnt make any.. i waited until lvl 50 for those lol

pinkey

Fledgling Freddie
Erulin said:
funnest thing I ever did was in the very first BG. I don't mean Thidranki, the very first one that was implemented.

I was playing my inf and I came to the hib owne CK. I noticed the door was down so I entered. I walked up the stairs in the old fashion keeps to the second door that was also open.

Upon checking the lord I found 4 mids attacking. I watched the lord go down from stealth and I just decided to jump in, die and go level some more.

I rushed to lord on /Stick and hit off a PA. Purely by accident or luck, I got the killing blow and the keep respawned with Albion guards.

Oke the mids killed me without breaking a sweat, but I was laughing my arse off. God, I wish I could have seen their faces as they died to the respawned guards :p

The should put in one of the old keeps just for old time sake :p

Another great memory is of being on a relic raid buffed out of my brain carrying a ram. The object was for the zerg to pull the guards, then 8 buffed infs would jump the walls carrying 4 rams and go to work on door 3 and grap the prize.

As we were short of cleric, I had stuck my buffbot to the raidleader and just as I jumped into a still guard filled mid relic keep some guard 2 shots my cleric :p I stood there perma rooted because of the ram, on the floor of the keep amitt the guards and the slowly inlogging mids... Never was stealth so scary :)

LOL i havent laughed so much for a longtime

Dook

Fledgling Freddie
First character I leveled was Piojo my Elph Enchanter.

Started lvling just randomly as u did not having a fucking clue, wasn't that hard to level think it took me 14 days played which back then was fast!

Joined a guild called Green Peacekeepers when I was about lvl 20 and stayed in them till I was 50 for a while made one of my best friends ever there in Ulrackfreeleader! Legend.

Once I hit 50 I got my sc suit and went and did pvp but I didnt have a fucking clue didn't even know what mg's were and why they were there. After a while I got an understanding of pvp and wanted to aim for just doing pvp all the time which made me join Order of the Illuminati because one of my old friends (Jarakin) was the GM and we were trying to get a pvp group together. Stayed in them for a while till I saw it wasn't gonna work (could never get a fg) and while I was in Ooti I started doing rvr with Lourker bfr Redb etc.

When Eclipse started up I got an invite like the day after they were made which I was really excited about (zomg imba pvp team) Best time's in the game were always with Eclipse made some awesome friends bfr dook lourk redb edlina furb latino etc. I really do miss the old emain days when we'd run as a fg all day in emain and mebbe die once or twice rps farming ftw.

Remember one fight just as we were going to mmg and an alb zerg had just got there checking it out before they went onto DC seriously there was about 80 albs all you could hear on teamspeak was OMG TOO MANY RUN etc we got caught up in the zerg and had to fight 10 mins later the fight was over 80 dead albs and 3 eclipse still standing and alot of laughing and screaming on TS , had a screenie of it somewhere just me slayn and lourk left alive with alb bodies everywhere. Miss the old eclipse so much hopefully we will do something with warhammer.

About 6 months before toa came out I rolled a ns and buffbot and got them to 50 sc'd etc and started just soloing this was when rambo and alb had about 1000 infils always camping mg's so to get rps was hard enough, soloed my way to rr5 on my ns then got bored and started duo'ing with a few people like succi balth venomz few other np peeps. Got to know Rambo quite well in irc and ingame from fighting him etc (really cool guy) and about a month before toa he went inactive and so let me play his account.
Some of the best fun I had was on Rambo solo killing groups of stealthers 3-4 people was so funny that character was just so imba was making like 120k over 2 days rvr wish I had had a pc which I could have made a movie with that char just to show how deadly it was.

When ToA came out I got shit on my nightshade SL etc and just went rvr after about 2 days of ToA never ToA'd my chanter so in the end I just got bored couldn't be fucked to do my chanter and quit for about a year and a half. Came back for a while I few months ago but since the cluster it's changed so much hardly know anyone in hib anymore and I haven't played now for about 7-8 months I think I know more albs than hibs these days.

I do miss the old rvr days with eclipse probably my best gaming moments with those guys.

Fuck me think this is the longest post I've ever done on here peace out and happy crimbo!

I fucking miss EC ownage ftw too mate. What's going on in Warhammer? Let me know ;)

Pio

One of Freddy's beloved
hi sexehhh pm me ur phone number lost my phone a while back will keep joo updated then .

disdain

Banned
odjinn1hx7.jpg

odjinn2rt4.jpg

odjinn3ns9.jpg

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
I created my Paladin, Soulfly on the Prydwen server when the game was released in Europe.
When I got my copy of Dark Age of Camelot from amazon I packed my things and headed to
frs' place with my computer.

When I arrived he was playing his scout Eleasias and was about lvl 14.
I then proceeded to install the game and selected highlander and paladin with 5 str, 5 con, 10 dex and 10 qui. The first nicey item I found was a gem studded long sword and it was shortly after my friend had said that random drops in this game are rare. HAH !

At the end of the day I had achieved lvl 8 or something. My first time in RVR was when I was around lvl 14-16.

RVR picture:
sshot19.jpg

The noob days were great. I remember going to Keltoi Fogou with Servants of the Lake, when they went to farm the last room for items and I was below lvl 10 ! I made a whole mmmm, half a level maybe and stuff to sell /o/.

The noob days were so great. In Salisbury Plains I met Starkk, Delket and Klng to name a few. I joined their guild, Circle of Power who later joined forces with the Guardians of Albion forming Guardians of Power.

A bit after 20 it was time for a new guild:

daocsoul.jpg

Lionhearts were fun, superm8s in that guild. Unfortunately I have no screenshots left from that era :{ >_<. Starkk joined the guild aswell at some point.. was it? It's been too many years, can't remember. At level 4X I joined Servants of the Lake, the guild which I stayed with for years.

hit50.jpg

The most pain in the ass thing about DAoC and Albion was the lack of items. Albs had sod all drops, unlike the mids.. !! . We had drops from Mithra -> Keltoi. That was it. Catacombs of Cardova wasn't itemized yet, either were the barrows. Crafted armor was used (wub you Ariant) and the OTD BP from Cardova roxored. The day when barrows was itemized <33333333333333333333333. The day the server crashed and I lost the Midnight BP I had been after for ages <///////////////////////3.

All in all, daoc was fun back in the days ! The funnies thing I've ever heard:
OMG, It's an orange con ALB !

:p

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
i was going to a place to play some cardgames and D&D.i noticed some wierd game that was played by some guys,i was also speaking with someone that was playing that game and he was explaining the game...so i after a while i rolled a druid on excal named warde i think with 15str and 10con :p i used to hung out in a dungeon for xp near ardee (i dont remeber the name ) when i was 14-16 and i was xping with some group in the dungeon near ardee i was bored and i was waiting to get the level and leave :p and darkthoughts got through my mind.and i said what the hell lets have some fun ...so when i level'ed up i pulled lots of mobs to kill my group after that those who was playing daoc next to me laught'ed /q my druid end'ed up 23lvl

a few months l8r i had a computer to play at my home and 56k modem which it made my life hard >.< so i rolled a mage i think he was an echanter with full int and one point to dex or con and joined hellenic phallanx after a while(yes the old greek guild of excal).after a while when i was 20-23 i decided that i wanted some crafted parts so i asked someone from my guild to make me some cloths and i said i wanted the best...:p which i couldnt afford because my highest char was 23.after a day or two my brother said to roll mid because its cool and i agreed so i logged the echanter and gived my staff to someone that was close to me and then logged /del and rolled mid and joined the greek guild of mid (before atrides apear)"the argonauts" i think and never talked with the guy that made me the crafting parts again.i didnt make it adove 20 at mid ...so i though to roll alb with my brother.

i tryed to lvl a few chars there but with no luck ...after a while si came.
and my brother rolled a necro , and i was impressed by the fast leveling so i told him to help him with the leveling, i remeber i got plus8 lvls in one day after a while i was 50 ...still a newbie so i tryed to rvr i remeber at amg i got owned by a buffed bonedancer and i was wondering why i sucked so much...
after i got 50 the necro my brothers friend had a reaver lvl30 and i was impressed by the side style that was doing life drain so i rolled one too
a famale briton she ended up 30lvl or smt before i get hacked.. so i stopped for a while i remeber that necros name was aramil or something my brother named all his chars aramill arramilll aramilll arrramilllll ...

after a few months i started again and i wanted to lvl a necro for pl and so i did.after i got him to lvl50 i created some reavers got them around lvl8 ..but the names sucked so i deleted them and created xrystofer and i joined dragon senate after a while because my old necro was in that guild...and i made lots of friends there galalissa slainyou and some other

by the way the guy that was explaining the game to me,was mithridatis :p

thats my story although i have forgotten some things :touch:
i am sorry if my english sucks..: )

Zill

Loyal Freddie
I started playing a week after release (mid Feb 2002). I missed the first week due to my comp being repaired, and because of this my RL mates started up our guild (Shield Of Valhalla) on Midgard and not Albion as was originally decided. Some time later I would occasionally thank them for making this excellent decision in my absense.

Anyway, my first character was Zilly the Kobold Shadowblade, named after the cartoon character from Darstadly and Mutley. I have absolutely no recollection of my movements or what I did on my first day but I imagine I probably jogged out of Huginfell with a spring in my step and killed a few cubs close by with my little dagger . Happy days.

Ashgen

One of Freddy's beloved
Memories

how was your first day in DAoC?

I remember killing stuff around Prydwen Keep, a slow and labourious task with grey armour and weapons from drops.

Then some kind soul ran up and bought me a full set of red con armour and weapons, and I flew from level 5 to 10! I was made up!

who was your first character?

Ashgen was my first, an Armsman. I chose Albion as I am English, and an Armsman because they looked by far the coolest character in game.

was it hard to lvl?

Well levelling was part of the game. I got pretty much adopted by the Knights Who Say Ni! Guild, top blokes in a top top guild, people like Tydomasi, Grathmor, Wlldfire etc. long long gone, as I should be really.

tell everyone about your noob days.

Great days to ne honest, having to use the whole of the map top level. Final days being Goblins and Trees, getting a Tree's group at 45 was like saying " I have made it""!

I really think those days made for a better community as everyone levelled together and became great in game friends.

first time in rvr?

Remember it well, level 37 (uber!) and getting repeatadly killed as soon as I set foot outside the portal keep.

I have stopped playing this game so many times, and indeed came back last week after a six month break.

It is a totally different game with different goals and aims from players, with people having very little time for other people.

I even posted a final goodbye in March 2004!

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/albion35/7979-well-s-goodbye-me.html

I still dabble around a bit now, but my kids generally play now, which in itself is interesting to watch and see how they are treated.

I renewed 4 accounts for them this month, not sure which ones will remain open, I guess that depends upon the reception they/we get etc.

People talk about the good old days, I wonder just how many are left from the good old days?

Best Regards

Ashgen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom