your first char, and your first day in daoc

censi

Can't get enough of FH
i rolled a firby bm called like farquarz or some of stupid name. couldnt get over how utterly ugly and badly animated it was and how the lack of collision detection was just the most budget thing. I logged off after an hour and though this game suxs no way im gonna play. few days later i was bored logged back in rolled a luri ranger. got a group with like some people (think it was like next and leek and a bard called fruehaumaeierhm or some really long name. had loads of fun with these guys travelling around to like dungeons and xp spots . start to like the game when I got like some magic item drops and got some levels under me belt.

researched the class more, printed off like ranger guides and leveling guides and one time drop guides, planned out what kit to get, and started playing more and driving hard to get my ranger to 50.

been a blast really the game. even though its different now nothing is new. tend to only talk about how lame certain players are rather than all the fun exploratory type things that went on.

its a testament to the rvr end game though that even when I know the game inside out and have everything i could need that the game still keeps me playing. daoc is sooo far from perfect but theres some really good things about it too.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
I made a S/S Hero in Beta and got him up to level36 until it was over. As soon as the Server opened i remade the Hero and played him until rr9L1 (still S/S) while it was a gimped spec. (Atleast for the others, not me.) My RR shows it worked. I got Groups and solo (which i almost never did) was no problem at all. However i wanted to reach rr10 with the S/S Spec but Mythic screwed Tanks over and i stopped playing him about one year ago. :E

And i wont play him until they are viable again. And no the Heavy Tank love hasn't changed anything. They still dont get Groups! Roflcopter @ climbing Spikes

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
i rolled a firby bm called like farquarz or some of stupid name. couldnt get over how utterly ugly and badly animated it was and how the lack of collision detection was just the most budget thing. I logged off after an hour and though this game suxs no way im gonna play. few days later i was bored logged back in rolled a luri ranger. got a group with like some people (think it was like next and leek and a bard called fruehaumaeierhm or some really long name. had loads of fun with these guys travelling around to like dungeons and xp spots . start to like the game when I got like some magic item drops and got some levels under me belt.

researched the class more, printed off like ranger guides and leveling guides and one time drop guides, planned out what kit to get, and started playing more and driving hard to get my ranger to 50.

been a blast really the game. even though its different now nothing is new. tend to only talk about how lame certain players are rather than all the fun exploratory type things that went on.

its a testament to the rvr end game though that even when I know the game inside out and have everything i could need that the game still keeps me playing. daoc is sooo far from perfect but theres some really good things about it too.

fruehaumaeierhm

lol

It was german and his name was Fruehaufsteher (which means that he wakes up early) because he had Kids etc.

He was abit weird ^^

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
First charr i started was on Merlin US, a dwarven healer named Ymar. my friends had played the game for a while. and i was lucky enough to borrow one if their accs FOR A WHOLE WEEKEND! so i sat down. and nerded like ive never done before. pved like there was no tomorow. (actually got to lvl 20 on that weekened. CHAIN ARMOR WHOHOO. and emblem!!) was a tri spec of pac - aug and mend :p
levling in nisses lair, oooh, the memories, myrkwood. ooh. realy want that back :)
first time in rvr? weeeel got to be thidranki. as a lvl 20 healer - solo . just mezzed em. and ran. maybe healed some. though i was uber to have 30 rps in 1 day :p

god i miss those days :(

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Briton Paladin on Prydwen named Wicardotha or something randomly generated name. Got to level 6 but after alot of mindlessly running around and looking at the awesome map that followed with the game package. Didn't really have a clue what to do.

Didn't like albion so deleted and went mid/pryd where I made a dwarf berserker named Dwurin. Got to level 18 or something and remember I joined Reduco ad Honore. Me and a rl friend both played berserkers, he had a troll and I had a dwarf. It took him 18 levels before he realized that the troll was a female, haha. Got a bit downhill from there, killed an orangecon mob every time berserk was up and then rested. Used a 2h axe of doom of course, right from the store! After free month it took half a year till I once again ventured back to the lands of DAoC, don't know why.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
It was german and his name was Fruehaufsteher (which means that he wakes up early) because he had Kids etc.

the thing that really got me about daoc, was the way you made really good friends with peeps in game. UO was completly cut throat and more of a solo game.

in this game people were like giving you things and just chattings it was completly different.

in fact when I first started daoc I was initally horrible to other players. I didnt get the realm concept initially, and in UO literally people didnt really chat and have fun, you were always on your guard because you could attack or be attacked at any moments and other players were all rivals and conversations were usually short and consisted of who you pwned today. in daoc it really was like one happy family in hib.

Rigga Mortice

Fledgling Freddie
A friend of mine had played the beta, and wouldnt stop going on about the game until we capitulated.

I seem to remember my scout was my first char; whatever realm I picked it was going to be an archer. I really wanted to be a ranger the most but some friends insisted on albion and I was outnumbered :(

If I recall, they were all britons and I was a saracen, so after I'd saved up enough cash for a horse they told me to come up to South Black Mountains to meet them. One of the major things that struck me was the enormity of the player universe.

And yet, even now with 4 more expansions, the familiarty makes it smaller than ever.

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
Hah, i remember trying out beta of daoc.. Made a 2h holy paladin, ofc specced totally wrong. Got to lvl 7 i think, and wanted to try out the rvr thing i heard about, so found a highlevel guy, he was probably 25 or so, asked him how to get there.. And i ran all the way from avalon marsh, along the roads to castle sauvage, took me like 20 minutes figuring out how those damn porters worked.

In the end i ported tho, got to emain, wow new look, and lots of people! Heading out to protect the realm with my uber 2hander, meet a purple cliff beetle or so, and died.. And just couldent muster the strenght to run all the way back from marsh to sauvage, hadnt really figured out how the bind thing worked back then.. Then i stopped playing..

Like 2 years later i was going to buy everquest in a store, wanted to try one of those mmorpgs, they seemed like fun. They were out tho, so i thought why not try daoc again. Started a 2h paladin again ofcourse. Stopped at lvl 10 or so tho, i wanted a support char, so made a theurgist because they had grp buffs..

That theurg i worked so hard on, got 50, got sidi chest and staff, that took weeeks. Then i made a firewizz cause theurg air nuke seemed week, what a noob i was :)

Edit: Anyone know what happened to Rowan from shadowlords society i think he was in? heard he made a SB on some french server and said it roxed, was good friend back then, would really like to hear from him again.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
I bought daoc in the early stages of its launch.
Always liked fantasy and wanted to try mmorpg out, didnt play much online or anything before that, so was kinda new to me.

I remember feeling so incredibly lost outside of mag mell that first day.
My first character was called gallhere Silverstar. A chanter.,
I shortly after created Ebenezer( my main back then) firby bard( later with pointy hat) and after that solamnus. I Was in a guild called The unseen( dont think it was unseen uni).

Haha and i remember Unseen disbanded and i was walking around thinking why the heck guildchat was so silent for several days:p

After a while i met a really nice guy called Amonzoul, also played the ranger Aldias, a greek guy i believe. he formed a guild called "Guardians of the forest".
I remember a guy called strummer was in it(swedish guy) and also skovhugger(animist).
That disbanded after a while and i joined up with Eel. With Gobarnachta/Asquarius as gms. Nightsend , Cyclodia the ns siddles/dropplet,silverkarn,jazz and edinneg, and also the top animist goldenbark.
I never looked back since:)
Was a great circle of friends and we had great fun.
Also one of my first really good friends was Linaz/hirop. he showed m around a lot with his then very limited english.
And we became friends to this day:).
eb.

gohan

FH is my second home
i started just before SI came out ^^ an i made an scout withc i got to lvl 7 called gohanssj cos gohan was taken an some friends palyed alb ... then we all rerolled hib on excal witch suited me cos i wanted to be legolas so i made a elf ranger with blonde hair an DW blades i was like ROCK ON but then my brothere delted him at lvl 12 an i was devestaded

so went back to my lvl 7 scout an got him to 50 with no buff bot an just soloing \0/ took 35 days/played

also i only used slash arrows because i was slash spec an i thought u had too \0/ hahha

finaly went RvR at lvl 39 in emain an killed a rr7 SB an got 1250 rpts (he killed a necro an was on 2% so 1 arrow killed him \0/ was most/easiest rpts i ever got untill recent patch ofc tho id sold my scout by then anyway

then came the grueling RvR :< didnt really start RvR till after ToA yet didnt have my firat arti (traitors dagfger) till RR4, at rr5 i finally toed my char an went melee spec soled 95% of the time an didnt leach or add

130 days played for rr7 (didnt even get FZ till i was 7l1 then sold 1 week later) melee scouts FTW :<

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
One of my best friends played daoc in the beta, me and another mate had a go at it and were like....meh..boring!!

Then after a couple months post release everytime we went to his house he was playing daoc, running around in DF around lvl 23 or so and he had just gotten his emblem...
Just the fact that you were part of a guild and had an emblem to represent yourselves made me all hyped and went to get it togheter with that other guy i also tried beta with.

I rolled a ranger, celt cuz the other races looked weird to me, called Theseus. I had no idea what was going on and i will probs never forget those 1st months where you had absolutely no clue what was going on.

I got extremely frustrated at lvl 3 killing Hill Toads on the hill behind Howth cuz i kept dieing to them and couldnt get to my next level.
I remember walking over to the next town and being shocked how far it was... and omg a purple mob !!! run....

Like censi said, the whole mentality back then was soooo different.
Nobody was talking like retards like we do now with words like pwn, iwinbuttons, noob, gimp... all that stuff didnt exist yet and everyone was supernice to eachother

It's a shame things turned out like this, but I still play :p

liloe

It's my birthday today!
My first day was in beta and ofc I started a ranger called Liloe. I was with a UO friend back then and he rolled a ranger aswell (Dianran). The first big question of the day was: Which server to choose, so we took Excalibur cause we liked the name of it.

He had started like 1h earlier, so he knew how to control the chars and stuff like that and I was like the apprentice watching him. I can't remember if I actually dinged lvl 5 on the first day, but I know for sure that I died a lot of times to those ugly little faeries behind Mag Mell (orchard nippers). I specced blades then because I thought elves with blades were TEH cool =) Well, basically I had given 5str, 5con, 10str and 10qui at creation back then.

Well, I had school the next day so I didn't play that much =))

tazzbe

Fledgling Freddie
Was playing counterstrike 24/24 - 7 days a week (like many other i think) when daoc beta came out. A mate (Dalby) stumbled on the game...and was bored with it. So i could lend his account to try it out.

I made a scout named...tazzbe...and quickly found out i had no money to even buy arrows ( and speccing full bow and hardly melee...dead scout). After level 7 or 8 i started a sorc...full mind, and ran around Avalon Marsh :) having a pet was a blast back then...people coming to me asking how i did this etc

When beta was over and the game was officialy out i made a cleric named tazzbe as first char. Cause it seemed in beta there weren't many people willing to play a healer class in Albion. Of course i didn't go full healing...but rather specced smite & heal as 2nd line. Was enough for pve tho :p and it was an easy char to get invites for...even at lvl 40 in lyonesse...the good old trees (still got nightmares about those).

After reaching 50 (31 days played!)...i started to RvR regulary with the guild i joined (Defectu Virium). And quickly realised smiter was uber! good old wiz in chain. My tactic those days was to run into a fg of mids or hib and push the pbae mezz /dance a bit..and started smiting (ow and heal when needed).

Then the smite nerf came...and respecced to 40+ rej, and DVE disbanded :( . I joined GoL to play with Outlaw, Zoyster, Gregorian, Regtur etc etc etc...
finally i could RvR everyday cause these gimp ran groups all the time.

The cleric made it to RR6 after i got uterly bored with it (still am). and started a scout (tazzewazzewooo)...and a mincer (tazzke).

Scout wasn't really fun for me...so focused on the mincer. Still find this class the most fun to play cause it can do all...yet isn't uber in anything, but was easy to find groups with. :p

Did my first RvR at around lvl 20 in emain...getting killed by Creep & fatbelly etc. Still was possible to 1 shot people and stay stealthed...so as a healer i stood there healing our lvl 30 mage...that dropped from 100% to 0% and no time to do anything.

Years have passed since beta...and still in the game, altho i took some breaks inbetween (some long ones also). I still find the RvR aspect in daoc > any other mmorp i played since i started daoc.

Since my "main" char is only RR8 it probably tells enough about the time i used in RvR vs PvE. but it's the combination of both that keeps me coming back to the game. Would probably be close to RR10 if i never made my cleric...but still it was a good laugh using that ae smite vs the damn thane ae

Spetsnaz

Fledgling Freddie
My first char was Barlog paladin on pryd and i started playing when SI was just released got him to 50 with a lot of pain (sleeping over keyboard while trying to solo mobs etc), my first guild was Defenders of the Cross and when i got to 50 i moved to Public Enemies than i desided to quit gave account away.

After few months i was missing daoc a lot so went to store together with Isgaroth (R.I.P) and got me new account started same realm and created a arms (Smerch) and he made pala got the arms to 46 i was bored a bit so went inactive and than my xboss Gear wanted to try the game out so he tried Alb on pryd and then he went to excal and made a ranger.

I liked the idea of hib and rolled a warden (Spetsnaz) as i wanted a "tank" (cool decription) with speed, after sometime my GF started to play as well and made her ranger (Magdalini). Our first guild on hib was Hellenic Phallanx but it went dead after some time so we joined some ingame friends of ours with the guild Legacy Crusaders.

end of story

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
@Kirennia

woot!
I remember Hinanthesecond from the Tombs of Mithra. He rezzed my Paladin quite a lot. :D
Also grouped with him at tanglers (that was his Theurgist Hinanthethird though iirc). :D

...memories

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
hmm..

an old friend from the Q3A clan was playing DAoC back in beta and suggested I'd give it a go and.. well, I got hooked! Played a Thane in beta and was just trying to figure everything out mostly, at 32 beta was over so bought retail asap and convinced 2 friends from the clan (Liste and Ziera) to play aswell and so we created the albguild Utopia with me as GM and well, it worked out fine for quite some time and the guild grew and we PvEd like mad haha, my first toon was my old armsman Orlando DeVency, fourspecced and whatnot, totally pwnd! ;) Rolled another armsman since i hated the kilt on highlander and made a pure poler, that was Graduran and it was fun back then, really fun actually and we started to do more RvR and that was the turning point totally, I specifically remember when mids was masscamping AMGe and we had a hoorde of albs, was tons and we decided to masscharge the MG and wipe the floor with the mids..

Result was that me, Turamber and Soulfly charged a horde of mids alone, while the rest of the albs ran back to APK.. that day I realised how sad the realm Albion was and decided to try something else since I hate cowards, always did and always will :)

Me and Zoe (my wife) left Utopia in the hands of Liste and Ziera and went for the green lands of Hibernia and ran around xping on waterbeetles, those times.. sigh, remember Reza passed by and gave me 10g.. omg! I was rich haha. Was a complete nubber at playing my chanter so put him on hold for a while and made a ranger named Grad, joined up with the guild Guardians of Somnaire (aceguild tbh) and lvld to 50 and went RvRing with my meleeranger until I got bored with that after some ranks and meanwhile, the guild GoS took a serious dive and crashed and burned and reformed as The Guardians which didnt work out so well so rerolled mid and rolled my FoTMZerker there heh, damn that liddul dorf could pack a punch :> , got bored with mids grey dull landscape so decided to give alb a go again to see if things had improved, played sorc for a while and discovered that: Nope, albs didnt change at all, still same old cowards lol. Back to hib! Hooked up with my old mate Luona and some others and we created Ascending Dawn, built a really solid fun group for RvR and AD did well in all aspects actually, did some amazing PvE and the RVRgroup rocked :)
Sadly, hibernia went into sleepmode after TOA came out and after some months the only GG running in Emain was AD, vs 100 mids zerging down Emain night after night.. wasnt too fun after a while so me, zel, maleg and some more from AD decided to give US a go for a while to check it out over the sea, rumours said that the yanks sucked real bad and couldnt play etc so we wanted to see for ourselves and well, yanks suck quite bad actually, had lots of fun with our albsetup there though for some time until the FGscene on Merlin just totally died EUprimetime, was shit so gave up on it and returned to hibernia to play Nightshade for abit.. have had some fun times with it but I really cant be arsed to play anymore, my way of playing and the newblars zerging everything down because they lack skill are well.. incompatible. I'm just tired of people who arent seeking challenges and just want to farm RPs and win, nomatter how its done, sadly thats 99% of the cluster these days :/ Might return for short whiles now and then if I aint got anything better to do .

Missed out on tons of stuff ofc but thats about it. 26 LvL50's, 10+ mill RPs, 7 LGMs and loads of friends and experiences later, its pretty much over :) Time for next game.

Frozodo

Fledgling Freddie
first charc was : Luinnerian Bard i always had a rvr grp however i use to go auto play spd and go to sleep it actully got me to rr6 within 2months before i quitted that was good time :D now im more about the stealthers :p

Aberrathien

Fledgling Freddie
Well i started playing about 1½ years ago. An irl m8 of mine has played the game for a cpl of years and talked a lot about it. Abd when another mutual irl frined also started playing then i came along. I started a norse viking, wanted to get a warrior as i have always played melee character on rpgs. Ran around mularn getting to lvl 4 and was insta killed as i ran into a hut with 5 or so oras. Then my friend comes online and tells me hes in aegirhamn, Dunno nothing about portas so makes a twoll viking with start town as aegirhamn. Meets my m8 there with his new toon, a mystic named galon, and the other as a FAT dwarf viking. We lvl together and i eventually dfecides i wanna be a zerker. My dwarf friend takes a skald asnd the mystic bcomes a runie. I still remember running around aegir killing skellys and the fun cave ppl, and having to tell my skald m8 to remember his songs. And only using beskermode when the going got rlly tof. lol. We got to join Reduco Ad Honore as my irl m8 was already a member. Lovely ppl there, rlly helpful and active. Then i got my zerker to lvl 50, went rvr with the rogzor outfit and got longdistance wiped by some caster instantly. So wnet ahead and made me some alts, a SM, a Thane, a valk, a healer and now a BD. When prydwen chrashed my m8s and i chose hib on excal where i now have a cpl of toons im working on.

One lovable rvr moment i remember was when i was runnng towards liche pl spot with zerker to get arti xp, i see this FG mids gettin poooned big time, i find out its a bainshee (bfor nerf) and i "sneak" up on it and hamster and pull off back cxhain on it and it dies... My first solo kill of which im rlly proud! :)

After chrash and glaston opening the experience gaming wasnt as fun anymore as RaH went dead, my m8s and i the only toons regular online, has tried some guilds after that. has got my template sorted for zerker and plan on using him bigtime rvr now.

But if the game doesnt get any better with and the whining and ppl being seriously rude to eachother and only thinkin of themselves, Ive decided to quit when LOTR online game releases to hopefully find more fun there...

Craft

Fledgling Freddie
Coldfusion my paladin, stopped leveling in salbury plains at level 18 or so because the exp became so slow and hard it was really a bother, allthought i remember being on my friar named Craft and setting up the guilds Dungeons and Dragons with a cleric called Lucc, now a friend of mine. But before Dungeons and Dragons we created the guild 'Fear' on alb / exc but was abused straight away by a guy who wanted to be GM, then we created 'Full Metal Jacket' we were albs so it was quite funny at the time, then i remember doing Mithra in a FG ( We kicked arse tbh ) with Grunxorz, and a few others cant remember the names :( also ants, we did ants at the top right corner of the zone, mass pulling was fun even when we didnt mean to :) everythign was new and even mithra was a new adventure, then Keltoi, man that was fun, at low level (16ish) alot of stuff was reds/purps then we moved onto ant room in keltoi where the exp was good but very dangerous :p even with a scout of mine Dreamwalker running about Forest Sauvage chasing Mids and Hibs, didnt care if i died the lag could have killed me just as much as the shammy's aoe dot :D

Razemouze

Fledgling Freddie
How can i forget the old days with Graendel/zhiana. He played his paladin called Cedron and we played together with a 3rd IRLfriend (who also rolled a pally). I played a pally too ofcourse :p

I especially remember the days of, salisbury plains, slavers and skellies etc. The late nights around PKB and Mithra... Oh the fun

Around 40, Graendel started playing Graendel - As an icewiz he didnt have any probs getting groups so never saw that much of him after that tbh :twak:

Shar_Reloaded_Ranger

Fledgling Freddie
first char i made was a armsman, name was Mind, i didnt knew anything of rpgs, was my first one, after playing diablo2 24/7 :p, so i was like wtf etf,

me and my friend ran arround a while to get to know the game, ( winfox was his name), and we met some other dutch guys at salisbury planes, we were lvl 5, and they 16 or something killing huge giants, and i was like how is that possible:p,

we joined their guild, <Defectu Virium>, with Khalen Lightbringer, Kcinimodus Navnegnod, Base, Dordanov, Tazz and tazz:p, Ambusher, and some more i cant rlly remember,

oh yes, Sollers and milky and Matje xD, (how could i forget^^)

i also met some strange dude in a robe with a long stick, that was a friar, Starion Lightbringer, a very nice guy, who also became the first lvl 50 friar back then, Gratz:D:p

well that was about it , those were the best days in all of my daoc carreer,

peace

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
my first char was a paladin on prydwn char.... starting stats i cant remember but i got that char o mighty high of 16 :p

it had crush, thrust, slash and chant specc :p

then i hear that loads of ppl i know rl play on excalibur server... hibernia... rolled there... made a Eld whit 10 dex, 10 qui (lol) 10 int. took me about 4 months solo to get to 50.... tho last lvls where done in a fins grp :p

first day was just running around prydwen keep on pally... got to lvl 5 in 5hours or so...

first time rvr... thidranki on my eld when i got 20.... there was lhuge ammount of players in thid then like 30+ hibs/mids/albs:p. got a huge adrenaline rush when we went over the water to mid bridge and met albs :D made howl 6 rp that evening

raid

Can't get enough of FH
Bought the game a while after euro release (was march or april i think), installed it and created a norseman zerker, which became the first and eventually last character I played.

First thing I remember is a m8 (hi Gourd) pm'ing me just after logging in. Ofc I didnt know how to reply, but he could guess that and told me :p

Then another m8 (hi Itchy) gave me 50g to get started and damn I felt rich. Got to lvl6 on first day.

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
my first

my first char was the paladin Reldor, i had heerd paladins were a good starter class and i enjoyed it alot. MY first day was alot of fun, the excitement of becoming a paladin and asking people how to spec. It was fun to level but hard and frustratying at some point. My next joy where when i actualy got to wear a shiny plate armour.

The first guild i joined was at lvl 7 wich was the fallen i enjoyed my time there alot but in about a few months the population in that guild wasn't to big.

Next i joined Knights of the round table wich i enjoyed being in and still is in, difference today is that now i am rank of guild high council. And specced 2h. Also made some friends there like Arthuir , M, Xelsi tinybot and many more.

I can't really remember my first RvR memory but i think i had a blast.

Fragoverrule

One of Freddy's beloved
Friend of mine (damn bloodclot) started to talk about daoc on school, never played an mmo before he talked me into it and i bought myself an account.. didnt had a clue what i had to do and kinda character i had to make.. so i asked bloodclot well i wanna do melee dmg.. well i had to be a dwarf cuz due Imperial Dwarven Army .. so Fragoverrule was born he never made it to 50 tho currently 47 i believe.

when i made the char didnt knew what styles were etc was funny

Notirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Started as a Norse Zerker (Triton) on prydwen with my girlfriends bigbrother (Spiz) and some rl friends of he´s , then started a Elf champ on Exc (Notirt) played there for a month i think in "Order of elbereth".
Never got in any xp grps on hib with my champ so rerolled as a pally on alb and since then im stuck on alb.

Napshot

Fledgling Freddie
worked at a netcafe where the ppl coming there always played daoc where i played diablo 2... then 1 day they got me into trying i roled a highlander paladin around 1 month after toa releases.... lvled it slowly solo, or got some pl by there chars wich was uber back at the time... getting pled by a necro at mobs just outside vulcanus, can imaging now how long it took. dinged lvl 50 after about 1 month, had some troubles leaving diablo.

Then i joined Nosferatu Reges as first guild, very nice bunch off ppl /love leg :D then i lvled some more char, and after a few lvl 50 i deside 2 lvl an rvr caby, seemed like a cool char. this was about the time i joined TIW, and here i meat yunio :fluffle: and i expiriance my first part of 8 vs 8 rvr... but ppl in tiw wanted 2 play different, so a day playing my cleric MR. maramar pm me asking if i wanted 2 join him and his greeks m8s... and ever since that day i been a "greek" i must eye but who knows maybe i am :D

nap

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
First serious char i ever had was a ranger - loved him to bits - self-buffs, decent melee, good bow (back in the old days pre-si - talking first week of shop release). Remember being chuffed when i did a level a day at L20 as i was wearing grey/green armor, grey weapons and using the worst arrows in-game as i couldn't afford anything else. Also remember hunting for ages to find slow moving / caster mobs that were weak to slash - irewoods were perfect for that - blackthorns etc etc...

Used to play in a ranger duo mostly in pve - double timed critshot on a typed 3.2.1 count as there were no voicecomms then due to the way the client worked. Was great fun - got my first guild when i was about L15 or so - Na Fianna - great bunch of people - back in the days Nicky Nook and co ran a GG - and Rhymes (saw him running around the other day in rvr - don't know if its the original one). Also remember my first DR as a ranger in epic kit (which was the dogs bollocks back then) - the raid wiped in seconds despite the best efforts of Sublime (anyone remember her/him? PVE crazy)...

Good times...However if all the times in the game were good and none challenging / nothing changed i doubt i'd still be playing - those highs for a few minutes when you beat that enemy zerg/fg/soloer/lift that relic / kill that L8x mob - whatever is what keeps us all playing. Much as i despise the way mythic has twisted the game around in its focus i can't deny its kept me (and the rest of you presumably) hooked.

Edit: First RvR memories include getting killed by Alpha repeatedly, and having some brilliant fights with a Smite Cleric called Kate. Back when smite clerics were just plain digustingly powerful ofc.

Oh and of course trying to get through the AMG on ranger speed and sprint hoping nobody was quick enough to cast on me (no speedwards or traps in them days, just casters in the room and people trying to line up PA blah)

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
Oh..the memories ;)

My first char was Adonix the savage on excalibur.
I think i started daoc when SI was released.
I remember how hard it was to controll evrything back then, and that the purple mobs in vasudheim was very very scary ;o Anyways a mate of mine(agromin) got me in to aesir's blade. And i played there for a little while (to about lvl 38 i think) Then the guild nearly died, and i moved on to nazgul.
My times in nazgul wernt the greatest, due to me beeing a little kiddo at that time begging people for PL + items etc(not exactly proud of it :().
Anyways i once saw a guy with a black 1handed sword with a flame on it :eek: and i was like "OMGWTF COOL SWORD mate" and he told me that it was from "Tuscarian glacier"
And i thaught "woah i gotta go there to get me one of those" I got to go for a few runs, but never got to roll on any loot because i was lvl 42 at that time. The raids was lead by rauthian or something.. pve crazy guy :p I got my gimped 2h savage to 45, and i thaught it was so boring to lvl and that it didnt go up fast enough that i deleted it and rerolled a runie named adon.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
TheBinarySurfer said:
Edit: First RvR memories include getting killed by Alpha repeatedly, and having some brilliant fights with a Smite Cleric called Kate. Back when smite clerics were just plain digustingly powerful ofc.

I was never smite :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom