Your daily terrorist bullshit.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Oh hai minefield, lemme just step on through you!!

Job is making some fairly accurate points but people refusing to acknowledge them because it's job. If I'd posted some of the stuff he did people would discuss it, perhaps agree. But I certainly wouldn't be shouted down so violently. I get it, I've had many an angry post directed at his misguided ideals but that doesn't make him catagorically wrong 100% of the time... just, like 90.

You should realise by now that quoting or linking an article automatically means you agree with its content!

Awkward facts should certainly not be discussed, ever!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I think many governments are swinging the terrorist stamps around too fast. Just because daesh takes responsibility for something doesn't mean they actually are. They just claim that because who's gonna argue? The dead mental case they stole the "glory" from?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Possibly a mixture of fallout from Imperial carving up of the area, several different cults being racist against each other and throw in billions from oil...plus the heat, probably mostly the heat.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Dark age mentality with modern day weapons...nothing more.

Job

So better to keep them poor and unarmed then.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Better to just not get involved, leave them to it...bit late now though.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'd be intrigued to see the role of major powers vs the destabilising effect it has on an area...

I wonder if the far East has the most 'terrorists: from the 50s to the 80s.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They had loads, just internally. Their agenda has shifted now though.

The trouble is the west essentially created both the Taliban and IS, the Taliban grew out of the mujahideen, that the US funded/armed to fight Russia and IS out of the power vacuum created by Bush and Blair warmongers incorporated along with inaction in Syria (Due to there being no more appetite to get involved)

Last edited:

Gwadien

Yes and the same thing can be said about Korea/Vietnam.

Problem with today is that we've kicked a hornet's nest of something with thousands of years of establishment rather than a idelogy that was created 50 years prior.

But yeah, my point was that I think we create this terrorism, death of destruction - I'm positively sure the same result would pop up if you looked at the period of Empire.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Figures from the Guardian.

Middle East is home to only 5% of the world’s population, but accounts for 45% of the world’s terrorism, 68% of its battle-related deaths and 58% of its refugees

A lot less terrorism in the world than 30-40 years ago, so the % of middle east terrorism rises. Ditto wars and refugees. Percentages are worth shit without knowing what the overall values are.

Gwadien

A lot less terrorism in the world than 30-40 years ago, so the % of middle east terrorism rises. Ditto wars and refugees. Percentages are worth shit without knowing what the overall values are.

Not to Job! He loves figures to throw out.

100% of terrorists are terrorists!

BE SCARED!

Job

I don't think stats work like that.
The total is hardly the issue.

DaGaffer

I don't think stats work like that.
The total is hardly the issue.

Stats work exactly like that. That's why percentages without reference are so dangerous to quote and so easily abused. It may seem terrible that half the world's conflict deaths are happening in the middle east, but if the conflict deaths for global population are decreasing as an absolute number (and they are) maybe we should be looking at why that is and doing more of it rather than running around shouting that the sky is falling in?

Job

Hmmmm.
Those stats are percentages.
So world terrorism falls and you use that as an excuse for middle east terrorism being higher?
So the middle east has some get out clause from the figures?
They fall worldwide..don't in the middle east..not their problem..it's everyone else making them look bad?

Job

That's why you're not a statistician.
Thats the figures..you asked me why I thought that might be and people start blaming everyone else for being lower..this forum is starting 2017 as it means to go on.

DaGaffer

Hmmmm.
So world terrorism falls and you use that as an excuse for middle east terrorism being higher?
So the middle east has some get out clause from the figures?
They fall worldwide..don't in the middle east..not their problem..it's everyone else making them look bad?

Of course it is, as a percentage. As it happens its up as an absolute number as well, but in global terms, its still a small number. Put it into context; the Rwanda genocide alone is more than twice the number of deaths as Iraq and Syria put together. In fact throw in the Congo and other central African conflicts since the end of the Cold War and it makes the middle east look like a polite disagreement, and even then, those numbers are tiny compared to the 1950s to the 1970s when you had major decolonisation and proxy Cold war fights going on all over the place.

The middle east is now the core of the world's conflicts so the numbers as a percentage look particularly bad. All it takes is one African hot war and the calculation changes utterly

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I see you're doing a sterling job again @Job.

Stats work exactly like that. That's why percentages without reference are so dangerous

Why argue about maths and stats when it's something that you clearly very weak at?

Edit: Do you understand what Gaff's saying? It's why your "figures" are largely meaningless and why I asked you to draw your conclusions in the first place...

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Sorry but this discussion is making me laugh... quite uncontrollably... Even if maths isn't your strong subject, I can see that the good old British education system failed a few here... @Job you can't even use doing GCSE's instead of O'Levels as an excuse *chuckles*

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
(random figures)

Year 1 - 100 terrorist attacks a year 50 in umbongoland 50 in the west
Year 2 - 80 terrorist attacks a year 50 in umbongoland 30 in the west

Umbongoland has not had an increase, but their share by percentage has increased

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
To be fair percentages are terrifying things.

Gwadien

(random figures)

Year 1 - 100 terrorist attacks a year 50 in umbongoland 50 in the west
Year 2 - 80 terrorist attacks a year 50 in umbongoland 30 in the west

Umbongoland has not had an increase, but their share by percentage has increased

Where's Umbongoland? OMG ARE THEY A TERRORIST PRODUCTION COUNTRY? WHAT IS THIS

Job

Sorry but this discussion is making me laugh... quite uncontrollably... Even if maths isn't your strong subject, I can see that the good old British education system failed a few here... @Job you can't even use doing GCSE's instead of O'Levels as an excuse *chuckles*
Basically just fuck off.
They are the fucking figures..I posted them and made no alteration to them..and you crawl out of your hole and attack my maths skills.
Is this an alernative frickin universe.
Hey everybodys..heres a red car.
No its not you thick cunt job..its just not every other colour.

Job

I see you're doing a sterling job again @Job.

Why argue about maths and stats when it's something that you clearly very weak at?

Edit: Do you understand what Gaff's saying? It's why your "figures" are largely meaningless and why I asked you to draw your conclusions in the first place...
You drew a conclusion based on the figures, but as soon as the rest of the goons piped up, you hid behind them and started attacking me.
THEY ARE THE STATS FOR TERRORISM.
THATS THE FRICKIN END OF IT

Gwadien

Oh so NOW you're getting pent up because we're not following your advice on statistics?

Oh wow, this is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom