XCOM Enemy Unknown -New-

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
I am not amused. it said the 11th for weeks. it said the 11th yesterday. so it's changed at some point in the last 24 hours. Grrrrrrrrr. AAAAAAArrrrrrghhhhhhhhhh

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Team douchebag assembled, Classic Ironman awaits.

c1GZC.jpg

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Only had time for a quick play before coming to work this morning.

GIRLY SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :D

opticle

Part of the furniture
I have to finish Borderlands 2.. but this is pre-loaded.. and I'm away this weekend :(

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Liking it so far, although was not amused that triple monitor play was upside down! Had to revert to 1900x1080 single monitor to play the game. Also found when aiming the grenade that the sensitivity is way too high and you wiz across the maps at lightening speed. Tried the scrolling and mouse sensitivty - not helped much, still good game overall so far.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Team douchebag assembled, Classic Ironman awaits.

I think I'd recommend a run through on Normal with the tutorial on first :) Finally a game that is actually ball breaking hard on the higher levels and Classic Ironman ... oh god.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I think I'd recommend a run through on Normal with the tutorial on first :) Finally a game that is actually ball breaking hard on the higher levels and Classic Ironman ... oh god.

Fuck that, 600hrs+ on the original, and I was a fucking god.

Team douchebag did not fare well, all dead apart from mitt romney.
UK Politards is now up and running which is: Johnson, Miliband, Cameron and Clegg.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
my up-close-and-personal people tend to die , along with the medics who go to help them, everyone else stands back and gets lots of safe xp, yay for the "snipe anything you have LOS to that your team mates can see"

Xcom team1.jpg

Zarjazz

my up-close-and-personal people tend to die , along with the medics who go to help them, everyone else stands back and gets lots of safe xp, yay for the "snipe anything you have LOS to that your team mates can see"

View attachment 10596

Are you a fan of the Power Rangers or something? :D

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
Well. What can I say? I waited so long. I was 17 when apocalypse came out. I'm now 32. Was it worth it? Yes. Firaxis, you are gods among men.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
so is it any good? not had time to play it yet because i'm stuck in WoW

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Not long started playing but I am enjoying it alot, it's close enough to the original to feel like X-Com but the refinements actually add to the game. They did good.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
They did good in a bunch of areas ( research/engineering/selling stuff ) would still prefer time units though.

If you enjoyed the original then you'll prob enjoy this.

rynnor

Rockhound
cHodAX said:
Metacritic is pumping out some good scores from both critics and players, safe to say it is a good game.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/xcom-enemy-unknown

I'm loving it - turned tutorial off and went for classic.

Multiple missions offered where you can only perform one is a real psych and a clever improvement on the original (even if I am about to lose india and argentina - at least the falklands will celebrate :p ).

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Its great. I think itimproves on the origional!

A re make that actually is good!

Whatever next?!?

(fingers crossed that baldurs gate remake is as good)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Its great. I think itimproves on the origional!

If it used time units, I would say it was just as good if not better than the original. 2 moves/turn stuff is lame.
You can want to move 2 spaces to full cover but it uses 1/2 your movement..blah. A lot of the tactical l in the original was doing stuff like that, then crouching + reactive shots.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Here's a good fucking tip.
Get engineers instead of scientists when you are offered the choice.
You just get fucked if you didn't pick up enough.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Yup, allready noticing that particular shortfall.

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
You think that's bad, I just blew an entire month's budget on a plasma sniper rifle :( to be fair a) it makes big fuck off holes in aliens and b) you never miss with it.

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
Hmmm wondering if there's an equivalent of the PWT launcher from TFTD. guided nuke goodness!

Zarjazz

That's what workshops are for :p

Hmmm wondering if there's an equivalent of the PWT launcher from TFTD. guided nuke goodness!

Yes there is but I got it too late for it to be any use since I only had the last mission left. Christ that was tough. I lost 4 of my uber 6 man squad completing it, and that was with reloads. They'd gone 12 consecutive missions before that unscathed!

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
What I'd like to see is some expanded content for the game that lets you increase the squad size. IIRC you could have up to 26 men coming off the Leviathan Transport Interceptor in XCOM:TFTD. I don't care if you have to research and build a fuckload of stuff to make a new plane to do it. I want moaaaaaar men (and women).

That's what workshops are for :p

Yes there is but I got it too late for it to be any use since I only had the last mission left. Christ that was tough. I lost 4 of my uber 6 man squad completing it, and that was with reloads. They'd gone 12 consecutive missions before that unscathed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom