XCOM Enemy Unknown -New-

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Did the mission where your base gets invaded last night. Holy crap that was tough going. I only equip my active soldiers with kit and rotate it, most defenders had crappy assault rifles. Luckily my active mec, genetic sniper and genetic support were there too. Still really enjoying the game, 100odd hours through. Pretty good for a game I bought in the steam sale! :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I love the mechs, they're so fucking broken... my team consists of 2x snipers, 2 mechs, 2 heavys, just melts everything on the level.

ileks

Part of the furniture
This game is so good but so frustrating. Thin Men. Fucking Thin Men. They look like fucking peadophiles and rape you every time. I was doing so well in my latest Iron Man campaign when three of them pop (without me moving) and each do 9 damage crits instantly wiping my team. Fuck that. Lobbed my mouse at my screen, alt F4'd and unistalled that shit within about 10 seconds.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah, had a couple of moments like that happen before.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
lol, thats why i dont see the point of ironman, RNG is a cunt, by and large, just dont save scum, dont need ironman mode :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
lol, thats why i dont see the point of ironman, RNG is a cunt, by and large, just dont save scum, dont need ironman mode :)

That's really the point of ironman, "Final mission oh god please RNGesus take the wheel!" :p

Also to combat RNGesus with tactics.

Part of ironman for me atleast is the tickle in my cockles that at any point it could all end due to any reason.

Mabs

That's really the point of ironman, "Final mission oh god please RNGesus take the wheel!" :p

Also to combat RNGesus with tactics.

Part of ironman for me atleast is the tickle in my cockles that at any point it could all end due to any reason.

yea problem i have with Ironman is to epeen that you did it without saving, but if the rng is being wanky, then its not really any fun ?

just dont savescum, dont need epeen achievements :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
yea problem i have with Ironman is to epeen that you did it without saving, but if the rng is being wanky, then its not really any fun ?

just dont savescum, dont need epeen achievements :p

Nothing to do with epeen, just for own entertainment and the fun, not for all, comes from knowing you -can't- savescum.

Otherwise when rngesus hits you in the face, you'll just claim that "oh this doesn't count, it was rng" and load a save. For me atleast it's not the same.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
LW is hard as fuck, I must admit! making good friends with reactionary shots.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Does anyone use the camera mods available on nexus? I find the autozoom and camera snap-to features really fucking annoying. I like the game but the camera is driving me nuts.

Mabs

i havent played it properly since ToolBoks stopped working tbh, hate Long War, like to be able to adjust mods nots just play with default settings :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom