XCOM Enemy Unknown -New-

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Doesn't bolster the confidence when first line is "new solider models" :D

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I intended to pre-order anyway, didn't realise it was up on Steam now so cheers for the heads up :)

opticle

Part of the furniture
Is this deffo worth the pre-order ? I'm worried it'll be jizz, but I used to love XCom TFTD when I was smaller.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Is this deffo worth the pre-order ? I'm worried it'll be jizz, but I used to love XCom TFTD when I was smaller.

Well that's the £30 question isn't it. I want this game to be as good as the classic originals but every time I've pre-ordered a game it's turned out to be shit.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Pre-order is just a way of saying "i believe in this product" and the product supplier saying "Thanks, here's a candybar".

But more often then not, people pre-order to A: avoid queues/not getting game B: extra crap because they "deserve it" or C: Because they are blinded fanbois.

I'm pre-ordering it due to actually thinking they'll pull it off and everything they've shown about it seeming "classic", so in essence believing they'll do ti justice, earning my damn candy bar :p

If you're unsure, just wait until launch and hear reviews, OR if you think it's worth the cost of Civ V, wait until the tier hits 3 and then "buy" Civ V with the added bonus of Xcom.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I pre-ordered on Steam yesterday. Any goodies are a bonus, this was high on my To Do list for 2012 anyway :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Demo out today on steam, haven't had a chance yet myself, will do after work(or at work ;))

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Just finished the demo. Going to spend many hours on this game :)
According to the demo release date is the 9th for the US and the 12th for the rest of the world. Odd that it's the 11th on steam...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Played through it, it's deffo xcom, bit of a problem with animations and such being clunky(even pause at times), but that's probably clientside. UI is, well, might be a dealbreaker or some as it's not exactly -good- good, but probably just something you get used to.

Graphics ain't the greatest, but overall everything fits together stylewise so it works very well.

Atmosphere, sounds, music, gameplay, all xcom from what i could see and i'm sure it'll eat plenty of hours of gametime.

Not perfect(from demoplay mind you), but seems to be a solid good game and not a generic milk the money title.

Based on demo, i'd rank it up there with Skyrim and other such "if it's your cup of tea you'll love that earl grey" genres.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
there we go, pre-ordered and it seems it's almost 90% to tier 3. Shouldn't be a problem getting the last 10% to get this at 25 and civ V at 25 :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
the first tier reward is ridicilously tempting though; full customization of colors and such for characters.

I'm not entiredly sure why it's not in the game anyway as it's half the fun in kitting out your crew...but...i'm all for giving supporters of stuff more stuff because of their blind trust.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
the first tier reward is ridicilously tempting though; full customization of colors and such for characters.

I'm not entiredly sure why it's not in the game anyway as it's half the fun in kitting out your crew...but...i'm all for giving supporters of stuff more stuff because of their blind trust.

DLC much ? ;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
REward tier 3 unlocked, which means we all be getting Civ V for free as well :D

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Bleh, I don't want Civ V for free, I want the Civ V expansion for free :rolleyes:

rynnor

Rockhound
Sweet - played through the demo and pre-ordered. I quite like the new style of soldier missions and the no more time units/ammo to worry about but I found it a little bit 'chatty' - hopefully thats just the demo?

Good blend of nostalgia/modernisation :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oh right forgot to add that civ V is available to you the moment you purchase xcom now, atleast was for download but i'm assuming you can just play it while you wait :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I'm not entiredly sure why it's not in the game anyway as it's half the fun in kitting out your crew...

That's exactly why it's not in the game by default. That said i'm not buying this, they dumbed it down to the point where it's just xcom by name...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's actually in regular release too, named "bonus edition" or some such. I don't see them dumbing down(based on demo) other then movement points being changed to the actionsystem, which makes moving choices etc more important to think about.

Might miss inventory tetris, but otherwise it seems like your regular xcom to be honest :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
On a sidenote, i'm f*cked in Civ V between russians and greek.

Teaches me to set up a game at epic king level with 24 city states and 22 players as my first game since the 90s :p

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
Hah I didn't realise they'd give you Civ V NOW, I thought it would become available on the day of XCOM's release. I just lost a weekend :( was meant to be preparing for my new work placement lol. between CIV V and the new Peter F Hamilton book "The Great North Road" and my cold I'm not going to get anything productive done any time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom