Xbox One Announcement

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Just make sure you put something in front of the Kinect so it can't record you fapping.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Just make sure you put something in front of the Kinect so it can't record you fapping.

Why would you be fapping to xbox content? It would not even be switched on. Unless they are bringing out a XXXbox virtual Lara Croft in 3D with a neural interface so you feel everything. Now that's technology worth inventing!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
If anyone is still going to buy an Xbox 180 after all this shit just do one thing, masturbate furiously infront of Kinect at every given opportunity for the lovely people at the NSA.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
If the machine is switched on then the Kinect is on and filming away. It is even on (kinda) when it's off so you can turn it on by voice.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
PS4 for me, MS can kindly fuckoff and die. They tried to be my master and dictate terms, they failed at that point, regardless of them changing their intentions I now know that they are and will steer clear from them. These are frightening times to be in and we need to be standing firm.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I'm not getting an Xbox One because I don't like and don't want Kinect it does not interest me at all.

Regarding DRM, I can understand console users who have NEVER owned a PC game off steam moaning about it, but for those here moaning that have used Steam for years and understand what DRM is what is the problem?

You can't share bought games on Steam with friends and you can't trade them in after you complete them sooooooooo what is the problem with console DRM? You aren't new to it and Steam have been shafting you for years and years, so why the big fuss about console DRM?

Not trying to be an arse I'm just trying to understand the problem with console DRM, which is something PC gamers have accepted on Steam.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Because console games generally have the longevity of salmon left out in the sun. At least with PC games you get mods and whatnot to extend their life.

Personally I am not bothered about trading games in, stopped doing that when I got a job.

My major problem with the Xbox is that it is trying to be a glorified sky+ box and advert tool.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Because console games generally have the longevity of salmon left out in the sun. At least with PC games you get mods and whatnot to extend their life.

Personally I am not bothered about trading games in, stopped doing that when I got a job.

Still, you can't trade PC games bought off Steam mods or not and people accept this, yet console's try it and suddenly people get pissy?

How much of a hold does Steam have on the PC game market? a good chunk aint it?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Still, you can't trade PC games bought off Steam mods or not and people accept this, yet console's try it and suddenly people get pissy?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

'cos I pay like £5 for a decent game on Steam, whilst the cheapest for the same game on Xbox will be £20.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
There is that too, most games I buy are no where near RRP, If I get 50 hours out of a £20 game I am more than happy, it's also nice to replay a decent game a few years later.

For example, I am currently replaying the fear series (via steam!)

Aada

Part of the furniture
'cos I pay like £5 for a decent game on Steam, whilst the cheapest for the same game on Xbox will be £20.

Are we talking exact same games? or similar games?

Because I could scroll through the top 20 selling games on Steam that are on the Xbox 360 that you could buy CHEAPER on the Xbox 360 if you shop around.

It's not as if PC games retail at £25 these days at release, most major PC games are now £30-£35 on Steam at release, you can buy the exact same game on a console at release day for usually £35-£37, hardly a huge price difference.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
That's if you want them now, now, now. If you are willing to wait they are often included in stupid deals, 60% off etc.

Gwadien

Are we talking exact same games? or similar games?

Because I could scroll through the top 20 selling games on Steam that are on the Xbox 360 that you could buy CHEAPER on the Xbox 360 if you shop around.

It's not as if PC games retail at £25 these days at release, most major PC games are now £30-£35 on Steam at release, you can buy the exact same game on a console at release day for usually £35-£37, hardly a huge price difference.

I never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever buy single player games on release, purely 'cos there's no point, I buy MMOs on release and the odd FPS game on release, that's about it, I paid £25 for BF3 on release, think on the same website I bought it from, it was £35 for xbox.

You've lost this one, give up :p

Aada

Part of the furniture
That's if you want them now, now, now. If you are willing to wait they are often included in stupid deals, 60% off etc.

Console games go down to almost half price 2-4 weeks after release, honestly console games go down in price so fast these days, much much faster than waiting for a Steam sale.

Also lets compare release days, not sales.

Last edited:

Aada

Part of the furniture
I never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever buy single player games on release, purely 'cos there's no point, I buy MMOs on release and the odd FPS game on release, that's about it, I paid £25 for BF3 on release, think on the same website I bought it from, it was £35 for xbox.

Lost? not in the slightest, my argument is that at the end of the day Steam has been DRMing PC gamers for years and PC gamers know full well what DRM is yet when a sniff of consoles doing DRM they throw a hissy fit at something they have been bending over and taking it in the arse from Steam for a long long long time.

DRM on a console and people that play PC games and moaning about it is just absolutely hilarious.

Gwadien

Lost? not in the slightest, my argument is that at the end of the day Steam has been DRMing PC gamers for years and PC gamers know full well what DRM is yet when a sniff of consoles doing DRM they throw a hissy fit at something they have been bending over and taking it in the arse from Steam for a long long long time.

DRM on a console and people that play PC games and moaning about it is just absolutely hilarious.

I haven't actually traded a game since I was like 15, and that was at School, I would never 'trade' a game, because it's not worth it, yay, £3 for a game I spent £40 on.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

You own The War Z... sorry Infection: Survivor Stories - your opinion on gaming is there for invalid :D

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

What? DRM has nothing to do with not being able to trade games... It means digital rights management, piracy prevention.

You don't have to be always online when using steam, it has a perfectly functional offline mode. Steam (and any online store, be it console stores or whatever) are the perfect example of DRM done right.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I'm just saying DRM on a console for me it was never going to be a deal breaker. Kinect was the deal breaker.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
A PC is built mainly for 1 person to operate so DRM wouldn't be an issue if done properly where are consoles are built for multiple users. If I pay £20-£40 for a physical copy of a console game I damn well want the ability to play it on another console be it a friends or my own.

eg - I own fifa, friend invites me and a few others for a few beers at his house, i fetch fifa down so we can all have a blast on it, then microsoft says you have to pay a extra fee to do that. Get fucked. Glad they scrapped that idea but they have to do more convincing if they want me to buy a xbox 180 over a ps4.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Console games go down to almost half price 2-4 weeks after release, honestly console games go down in price so fast these days, much much faster than waiting for a Steam sale.

Also lets compare release days, not sales.

Although as I've stated many times before Steam generally isn't the cheapest.

Xbox One pre orders are apparently up, I suspect the future numbers will show PS4 with the edge on overall numbers but not by massive amount.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
How often in life do you think "I know, I'll bring this game round a mate's to play on his PC, multiplayer in the same room?"

Now compare that to consoles. It happens a lot.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I'd be prepared to bet good money MS blinked because of publisher pressure not the direct comments of the fanbois. If nervous publishers suddenly started cutting back initial sales expectations, or worse, delaying or threatening to cancel Day 1 releases (because of their own shareholders usually), that's the kind of action that can blow MS' business plan into the weeds.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
gamesstop stopped taking order sfor xbox one, there were rumours other major retialers in america and europe who consider the 2nd hand market a big part of thier buisness were gonna follow.

had fuck all to do with fan bois and publishers. ms got scared lack shelf space in stores would hurt em bad

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Idd, when the rumours came out months and months before launch and everyone said THATS A TERRIBLE IDEA, THEY CANT POSSIBLY DO THAT . They didn't change their mind then.
When they released the idea in the wild and got feedback and it was WTF IS DIS SHIT their reaction was "got bad interwebs? thankfully you can buy an xbox 360! ", only when they saw how raped they were getting by sony when preorders started did they turn it around and go WE LISTENED BROS.

fuck em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom