Xbox One Announcement

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'm honestly on 2 minds at this point before the u turn on Kinect it was a definate NO but now they have done away with the bullshit I don't know, on the one hand the PS4 and Sony are fantastic right now but I just do not get on with the PS3 pad and the PS4 pad looks no different.

MS on the other hand have the better control pad but are shit right now generally but their launch line up looks better than the PS4 and Xbox Live is still far better than PSN until seen otherwise.

Flip a coin?

You shouldn't be judging what to buy off the launch titles and a control pad tho, you can buy a 360 controller that works for the PS3 and i'm sure you'll be able to buy an Xbox One controller for the PS4 eventually if that's all you're buying it for it seems rather silly to buy an entire console for the sole purpose of a control pad and a few crap launch titles.

What you should be taking into account is

PS4 - Cheaper, more powerful, cheaper online services and the most deciding factor? its not Microshaft

Xbox - Costs more, less powerful, have to pay for more online services than you will with the PS4, most deciding factor? your a COD BRO or just like wasting money on inferior products

Aada

Part of the furniture
You shouldn't be judging what to buy off the launch titles and a control pad tho, you can buy a 360 controller that works for the PS3 and i'm sure you'll be able to buy an Xbox One controller for the PS4 eventually if that's all you're buying it for it seems rather silly to buy an entire console for the sole purpose of a control pad and a few crap launch titles.

PS4 - Cheaper, more powerful, cheaper online services and the most deciding factor? its not Microshaft

Xbox - Costs more, less powerful, have to pay for more online services than you will with the PS4, most deciding factor? your a COD BRO or just like wasting money on inferior products

Problem with 3rd party controllers? they were absolutely awful this gen the deadzones on most of them are pretty bad and sometimes firmware updates from Sony made your control pad a paper weight I bought a 360 type pad for my PS3 years ago the deadzones weren't as good as the DS3 and then after a firmware update it wouldn't work on the PS3.

You have to understand with a console you can't go out and buy a control pad if you don't like the current one, generally 3rd party stuff for consoles are rather poor quality, and no matter how much you try if you don't like the control pad it WILL effect your game experience, for example with TLOU I had to go out and buy some snap on plastic triggers because the DS3 is so terrible and even then the sticks annoyed the hell out of me after an hour playing.

The launch titles aren't such a big issue but with them being made by Microsoft Studio's they generally will be pretty good, Can't really go wrong with Forza and Dead Rising, also Ryse, Crytek's new baby.

Like I said I'll see how things pan out, still got my PS4 on preorder, just with MS doing u turns lately the Xbox One is becoming more desirable.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

You mistrust MS about the same amount I do Sony. :) They are both a long way from perfect and we base our feelings on experience. Last Sony item I purchased (Vita) had so much promise but turned that turned sour due to lack of title support. Only three or four games worth playing. Nothing new out worth looking at. Feels like it was a total waste of money.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Experience being MS tried to fuck their customers over and then shit themselves when it backfired. I honestly don't understand why people would go back to them. Just out of principle.

They are bound to try something else in future, it is obviously part of their business model. Absolute control.

It's like buying one of those Nigerian scammers a new computer.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
And Sony insisted on having a Credit Cards for their online subs. Lack of security gave one of the Nigerians access to those details causing hundreds of thousands of people to have huge security concerns.

MS did try to implement something that we would not have gone for. At least they listened and changed that.

I still have have Sony trying to bill me for a game I quite several times over a year ago. I even deleted my Credit Card details from the account pages. Only for them to reappear a month later. It only stopped when I wrote to them and my bank basically stating that they were scamming me. I had screen shots of me clearing the subs etc. Told them if they didn't stop I would send all the details to the Police as it was theft. The bank (LLoyds TSB) told me that I was far from the only one reporting these issues.

As I stated earlier, neither is perfect.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
You mistrust MS about the same amount I do Sony. :) They are both a long way from perfect and we base our feelings on experience. Last Sony item I purchased (Vita) had so much promise but turned that turned sour due to lack of title support. Only three or four games worth playing. Nothing new out worth looking at. Feels like it was a total waste of money.

I didn't always dislike MS, I had a 360 and used it rather frequently when I played FF games, had no issues with it and they ran fine, the fact that they tried to fuck their customers and had to be basically be boycotted to force them into pulling a u-turn made my mind up, what they tried to implement they will try to implement again, just a matter of time.

Aada

Part of the furniture
They weren't boycotted preorder numbers weren't higher than the PS3 because its cheaper and people will always generally go for the cheaper option.

At the end of the day would DRM effect me? No, I play PC games and haven't been able to trade them in for years, Kinect always on was the deal breaker for me but they listened and did a U Turn.

Honestly Sony have been great lately and well let's face it they had to be because arguably MS won this generation in terms of sales, software sales and Xbox Live, but they are no better than MS in the long run they are both companies who want your money.

This console generation wasn't ready for DRM and well MS had the balls to try it and I'm sure they had every publishers backing doing so but they have bad to back down but if people think the DRM issue will go away think again at some point it will be implemented.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Experience being MS tried to fuck their customers over and then shit themselves when it backfired. I honestly don't understand why people would go back to them. Just out of principle.

They are bound to try something else in future, it is obviously part of their business model. Absolute control.

It's like buying one of those Nigerian scammers a new computer.

Do you buy off steam? Gabe has been bending you over for years now, why is this a problem for consoles?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I don't care about not being able to sell games on, I gave up trading in when I got a job 15+ years ago. I care about always on and shit like that, not to mention the utterly pointless Kinect and the fact that there is no choice whether you want their tracking tool assisting them with their targeted advertising.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I don't care about not being able to sell games on, I gave up trading in when I got a job 15+ years ago. I care about always on and shit like that, not to mention the utterly pointless Kinect and the fact that there is no choice whether you want their tracking tool assisting them with their targeted advertising.

Read this.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/56581/blog/11-...ct-online-checks-game-prices-and-more/?page=3

Debunks a lot of the BS going around right now, honestly there is so much shit going round right now it's unbelievable.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
They weren't boycotted preorder numbers weren't higher than the PS3 because its cheaper and people will always generally go for the cheaper option.

At the end of the day would DRM effect me? No, I play PC games and haven't been able to trade them in for years, Kinect always on was the deal breaker for me but they listened and did a U Turn.

Honestly Sony have been great lately and well let's face it they had to be because arguably MS won this generation in terms of sales, software sales and Xbox Live, but they are no better than MS in the long run they are both companies who want your money.

This console generation wasn't ready for DRM and well MS had the balls to try it and I'm sure they had every publishers backing doing so but they have bad to back down but if people think the DRM issue will go away think again at some point it will be implemented.

Ah well, thats your opinion and you're entitled to it :)

XBO may have more games planned for release but in the long run Sony will come out on top, there is simply no way they can't.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Ah well, thats your opinion and you're entitled to it :)

XBO may have more games planned for release but in the long run Sony will come out on top, there is simply no way they can't.

They certainly have the edge right now no doubt.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Project Spark

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDymQVgUrPk

How can anybody not be excited about this game? It is one of the most exciting games in development right now for either console, makes full use of Kinect that and guess what? not a bro shooter people moaning about FPS and Microsoft give you this a very ambitious game, supposedly one of the most expensive games in development right now for the Xbox One.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
That's kinda dumb.
Hey guys who are on the fence about us, fuck you. Go with ps4, SEE IF WE CARE.

Although microsoft making colossal blunders with the xbone isn't exactly surprising to anyone.

Aada

Part of the furniture
That's kinda dumb.
Hey guys who are on the fence about us, fuck you. Go with ps4, SEE IF WE CARE.

Although microsoft making colossal blunders with the xbone isn't exactly surprising to anyone.

I think it comes down to the numbers they have at the end of the day, they say its down to having languages in place for launch day but many have pointed out that all those countries are Playstation majority and they want their units for the US/UK/Spain/France which they know will snap up their new console.

In the countries effected MS even has a campaign going there where if you traded your PS3 in towards the Xbox One you got a very generous trade in price which is evidence for the battle they have their with Sony, you don't go offering generous prices if you hold the majority you do that when you are trying to take customers.

I spoke to a friend who's a manager at my local GAME who's store survived the cull and be said originally the PS4 was out selling the Xbox One at 3-1 but the recent back tracking from MS has seen people cancelling their preorders on the PS4 and going with a Xbox One instead.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Since when was paid for DLC a good thing?

Aada

Part of the furniture
PS4 29/11/13 Europe, almost inevitable MS and Sony will do battle in the same month, going to be an incredible month.

Aada

Part of the furniture
http://blog.twitch.tv/2013/08/twitch-coming-to-ps4/

Another thing that Xbox One has lost exclusivity over.

Also

http://kotaku.com/sharing-and-streaming-will-be-free-on-ps4-but-not-xbox-1065826856

Streaming will be 100% free on PS4 but it will will cost for the Xbox One.

Xbox One losing exclusive Twitch rights? it's hardly a deal breaker.

You forgot to add that to play online you now need a PS+ subscription and without that subscription you can't share MP videos recorded, making the whole thing almost pointless unless you enjoy sharing videos of you beating enemy AI over and over.

Also generally the cost of PS+ is more expensive than a gold subscription for the year if you shop around you can usually bag a Gold sub for £30, since PSN top up cards retail for the same amount as the token ie if you buy a £40 top up card you pay £40.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Xbox One losing exclusive Twitch rights? it's hardly a deal breaker.

You forgot to add that to play online you now need a PS+ subscription and without that subscription you can't share MP videos recorded, making the whole thing almost pointless unless you enjoy sharing videos of you beating enemy AI over and over.

Also generally the cost of PS+ is more expensive than a gold subscription for the year if you shop around you can usually bag a Gold sub for £30, since PSN top up cards retail for the same amount as the token ie if you buy a £40 top up card you pay £40.

You underestimate how many teens (MS target audience) use twitch/stream to twitch. Also your FuckBoxOne fanboyism is getting worse ;) you've basically gone from "Fuck MS!" to "Can I nibble on your willy mr gates?"

Aada

Part of the furniture
You underestimate how many teens (MS target audience) use twitch/stream to twitch. Also your FuckBoxOne fanboyism is getting worse ;) you've basically gone from "Fuck MS!" to "Can I nibble on your willy mr gates?"

Did you even read the Twitch article? Xbox One is still getting Twitch they just won't get it EXCLUSIVELY.

After that take a look at some of your PS4 posts they look worse than mine and for the record I will be getting a PS4 at some point but out of the two at launch prefer what games I have seen on the Xbox One to what I have seen on the PS4 which apart from Killzone (the shooter nobody ever cared about) and Drive Club which you can't even compare to Forza I will wait until the big guns from Sony start to release their first party games.

Back to the Twitch article if you scroll down it's amazing just how many people missed the part about XB1 still getting Twitch but they automatically went into fanboi mode and started slagging off Xbox which is nothing new :)

Yes I have gone from fuck ms to yes you have got me interested because of them backing off on namely Kinect being always on which was the big NO for me why do you have a problem with that?

The PS4 will be as good as it's games and likewise for the XB1 and right now the XB1 has more exclusives in the works.

All I care about is the GAMES nothing else, I do not give a monkeys about anything else.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Did you even read the Twitch article? Xbox One is still getting Twitch they just won't get it EXCLUSIVELY.

After that take a look at some of your PS4 posts they look worse than mine and for the record I will be getting a PS4 at some point but out of the two at launch prefer what games I have seen on the Xbox One to what I have seen on the PS4 which apart from Killzone (the shooter nobody ever cared about) and Drive Club which you can't even compare to Forza I will wait until the big guns from Sony start to release their first party games.

Back to the Twitch article if you scroll down it's amazing just how many people missed the part about XB1 still getting Twitch but they automatically went into fanboi mode and started slagging off Xbox which is nothing new :)

Yes I have gone from fuck ms to yes you have got me interested because of them backing off on namely Kinect being always on which was the big NO for me why do you have a problem with that?

The PS4 will be as good as it's games and likewise for the XB1 and right now the XB1 has more exclusives in the works.

All I care about is the GAMES nothing else, I do not give a monkeys about anything else.

Did you read my post? I didn't say they were losing it? I said they lost exclusivity to it, again in case you missed it for some reason...

http://blog.twitch.tv/2013/08/twitch-coming-to-ps4/

Another thing that Xbox One has lost exclusivity over.

Aada

Part of the furniture

Then this post didn't make sense you posted this and it sounded like you were saying MS lost twitch so now they will lose customers.

Honestly you are worse than me right now for fucking your preferred console up the arse :)

Last edited:

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Xboxes are shit, and the owners like it up the bum.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Then this post didn't make sense you posted this and it sounded like you were saying MS lost twitch so now they will lose customers.

Honestly you are worse than me right now for fucking your preferred console up the arse :)

I'm not tho? i've stood by the PS4 since its announcement, your the one that's basically gone "Ooo microsoft did a Uturn you say? time for Aada to do a Uturn as well!" and I've always said I use consoles for JRPGS, PS4 will naturally have more JRPGS than the Xbox One will, wasn't a hard choice really. The points you brought forward defending the Xbox One made little sense, your basing the consoles success off the launch titles and a control pad... what can anyone really say to that?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom